Sooooo where are all the "GW is an inevitably sinking ship" folks today...

Sooooo where are all the "GW is an inevitably sinking ship" folks today? In fact these past few months theres been an awful silence and lack of posting of GW stocks and general predictions of doom for the company.

What gives? Wheres your predictions of doom now?

8th edition inspired hope, and basically the "Doom" of GW is something we post during the slow season when there's not a bunch of new Shit for us to talk about and get angry at.

Most of our complaints can be resolved by somebody posting something new to chew the fat on rather than having to recycle the same topics over and over again until they stagnate into extreme pessimism.

>What gives? Wheres your predictions of doom now?

This might come as a shock, but people can change their views based on the behaviour change of a company.

Kirbys GW was crashing down, people hated it and stock was falling. New CEO made changes in business model, especially by moving community management from non existent to one of the best in the industry. This all can be seen from stock rates that are going up instead of down.

Tl;Dr
GW got its shit together, people liked it.

T-theyre just a-about to crash g-guys

Any m-minute now

gw pivoted since kirby left, why should anyone complain?
model prices are still insane but they are not going to die any time soon

no they're not, because they actually fixed their shit

Please take your /v/ tier carbage back to /v/.

Lol whatever you good goys say theyre tanking. Losing market share horrendously to warmahordes and with a string of dud releases behind them id be surprised if they make it through the year

All the GW shills in this thread need to gtfo

No one cares about poor fags.

Rather than criticise GW stocks they should get jobs

3D PRINTING WILL SINK GW

CHINESE RECASTS ARE THE FUTURE

Whatever you need to tell yourself to maintain the hateboner, user. I'll be painting up and loving the shit out of my shiny numarines.

>new ceo comes in and starts to fix the problems
>doomsaying stops
who woulda thunk it.

>Losing market share horrendously to warmahordes

You mean to X-Wing. Warmahordes is doing terrible due to their bad new edition, so they're losing market share horrendously as well. To X-Wing.

>Primaris
>dud release

Lol.

I stopped browsing these threads. When I got out of 40k I resented gw for their shit and posted about it. Then I got into other stuff. Not I don't care enough to resent them. There are lots of good minis games now, so if you're not happy with one company's practices then you can just spend your money elsewhere

Awesome, good to hear. Maybe I'll check them out again in a few years.

PP is the new sikning ship now. With a rushed mk3 they scared away many players and more Water keeps on coming in.
- killing Pressganger programm
- shutting down their forums
- miniatures quality still below average
- price increases on shit quality models

Although there might be some hope left (CID seems to work well, cards are free to print out), I 'd still say:
Abandon ship!

They cannot crash.

They can release female primaris marines and they wouldn’t crash. They can have half-fluent indian write the rules overnight and they wouldn’t crash. They can quintuple the prices and they wouldn’t crash.

They are too big to fail.

The one guy who posts all those threads got bored.

>Water keeps on coming in.

But deep water doesn't exist, Anonymous.

GW has changed for the better, so people are reassessing their opinions of it. This is entirely reasonable, but you make it sound like hypocrisy.

You shouldn't make threads.

Yeah, they stuffed all the deep ponds and lakes with wreck markers.
Now they using whole armies from ebay for the seas and oceans.

>You mean to X-Wing. Warmahordes is doing terrible due to their bad new edition, so they're losing market share horrendously as well. To X-Wing.

Are they collectively stupid or does Warmahordes have its own Kirby/Ward/cruddace?

Yeah I can't help but feel we've slacked off on the whole "kill GW thing".

Before it was 3d printers, then it was the Chinaman/Recasting. Personally I think we should build some sort of Weather Machine to ruin them once and for all.

At this point their games and their players are doomed, GW will be kept afloat by good goyim such as yourself when they get rid of 40k.

8th edition is full of stupid shit like random die rolls than don't do any thing, to making unit coherency so vaguely worded that you can technically split one unit across the entire table.

This feels like when an MMO releases an expansion and overhypes it with promises that they don't deliver on.

All the old vets crawl out of the woodwork to return and make it seem like it's a huge success but a few months down the line people realise the game is as bad if not worse than before and the player count ends up worse than it was before.

They actually managed to turn around you fucking idiot
If they'd stayed on the old course they'd have troubles but any outlook on that changed with them starting to actually employ a marketing department

I think that 8e is a good change for them, but I dont feel like re-learning all that shit. In general, hypercompetitive play is what got me to quit in the end. I just dont have the time to spend figuring out the meta. I just want to play a game every now and again with some friends. Thats why I switched to x-wing.

I truly do despise EA.

Yes but nobody cares.

GW is like Apple. They once made great stuff, now they make shit, but people will buy it anyway due to brand loyalty.

I've just never seen a company show such apathy and contempt for its properties. Even Apple or EA for as bad as they are do at least try to put something out and try not to be totally horrible even if they're mostly horrible. Games Workshop meanwhile will literally take a fat fucking dump on a plate and then laugh maniacally as it offers it to us, and any time fans complain they make it worse by destroying an old franchise and/or ruining a current one further.

I swear there's a position at GWHQ dedicated to coming up with new ways to piss off, disappoint, and estrange fans of their games.

They had a rough start on the new edition and they're slowly getting their shit together again. Got their shitty designer working on a mini-faction while they clean up his mess elsewhere.

Is this a blast from the past? Are people still championing Warmahordes?

It's still a good system, but it easily could have been left for dead in a ditch until 2 months ago.

This is some retarded ass "y2k bug was a myth" shit.

No it wasn't, dumbass, the reason no problems happened is because a lot of people worked very hard to fix it.

>I swear there's a position at GWHQ dedicated to coming up with new ways to piss off, disappoint, and estrange fans of their games.

Worst part? The fans love it!

*The fans who were introduced to Warhammer in 2015 or later love it

I don't know a single person who played Warhammer before the End Times came out in 2010 that still plays it. Most of the people I knew who played 40k quit by 2015 and the remainder quit by 2016.

You can spread a unit across the table in 7th too, in fact, it's been common for your whole army to consist of one invincible unit of 1850p spread across the board, which you'd know if you played the game

I am satisfied and even excited with what GW has been putting out and look forward to more.