What is the most pathetic creature you have ever met in a RPG?

What is the most pathetic creature you have ever met in a RPG?
>inb4 "My players"

Other urls found in this thread:

falsemachine.blogspot.com/search/label/Veins
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

A sentient mimic in a box, worthless and pathetic and lonely and incredibly unlucky, that the party tried to help out whenever they met him, usually in vain.

He became the BBEG.

How can you even imply the noble Slime is pathetic? That spot belongs to the red slime, the regular slime can become a mighty Kingslime with some buddies! Or serve as the steed to a noble Slime knight!

Storytime?

The lvl 3 pokemon that you run into after you beat the Elite four and get sent back to your hometown.

An evil fortress our party explored had a set of mirrors to communicate around, and instead of being enchanted they had people bound to them, turning into shriveled husks and chained to the back, but they did become immortal as a plus side.

We carried him around with us and then stuck him in our mansion.

The first time the party encountered him, he was luring some deer into his chest to be eaten, successfully so. After first being startled, he put the lure up again for the players, even though they'd seen the whole thing in action. Obviously he fooled nobody.

After that an uneasy rapport was established, becoming less so as we realized just how miserable this guy truly was.

Long story slightly shorter, turns out that he was the failed experiment of this evolutionary magic-scientist type. No sense of right or wrong. All he really wanted of life was to make friends, but just about everyone he met - even the PCs - just sort of tolerated him at best: his only "true" friend was the treasure chest he lived in, which throughout the whole campaign was kind of ambiguously possibly actually alive, but we never cleared it out one way or the other.

Skipping some parental abandonment issues and other bullshit, eventually he just went berserk and started to rampage around, and the party had to take him down. The final battle was - thanks to the use of this weird magic item we found early on - concluded within his head, where he fought as a giant that was being cheered on by all the other NPCs we met throughout the adventure, the many friends he'd made in his life.

One by one, we pointed to each of those characters and convinced him that they were not really his friends. We didn't even need to lie or otherwise bullshit him: we'd just point out some facts he didn't know of, like how they secretly thought he was annoying or were using him for profit or whatever. Each time, one of these spirits would disappear and the mimic would grow a little bit weaker and smaller.

The very last one left was his treasure chest. We were like: "Yeah, you know, we're pretty sure you're not even real."
The chest shrugs its hinges and answers: "You got me there."
Then disappears.

After that it was all pretty much over. He died as he lived: a pathetic little shit.

Damn, this is just depressing, man.

>him
>the pathetic little shit
>destroying a random monster's ego and self confidence for the lolz after it helps you in a major way, causing it to die in misery
>not pathetic

We didn't -want- to kill him, we just had to calm him down. We had little choice in the matter.

The fact that he actually died was an unfortunate but probably unavoidable consequence.

We felt pretty bad.

Fuck you and your party.

>implying that Your Mom is not an epic level encounter

Clockwork woman who only had these kids she adopted and her caster boyfriend. He killed the kids to become a lich, then tried to kill her. We killed the fuck out of him, but it was still bittersweet. She's pretty much immortal, and this is not the first time she's lost everything. Now she hangs with us, but that's gotta hurt every time she sees us.

A goblin gang my players fool and paid to be their canary bait in every adventure in the setting.

They become the party summon monster I for every suspicious traps and situations I give them.

I am pretty amused though.

Me

You, OP. You. And too.

Jesus, why didn't you just be friends with the mimic and make him the party's mascot?

A weird variation on riding dogs called "market dogs".

They were ridden by a human ethnic group that was essentially "everything bad about humanity distilled and blended with machismo". Market dogs stood three feet tall at the shoulder and looked like a boulder set atop stilts, with a rhino's skull shape and giraffe horns. They were lazy as fuck and ate whatever they could roll over onto. The humans that rode them just grabbed their horns and pulled in whatever direction they wanted to go. Killing a riding dog was as easy and walking up and stabbing one. Too stupid to recognize a threat and too lazy to care. They were used for pretty much everything by their owners - feel free to use your imagination.

>>inb4 "My players"
OP can't inb4.

Your players

My Game Master

>Literally bullying the final boss to death
Fucking legendary.

First evil campaign I ever was a part of, in order to get loot from a dragon we befriended we had to clear out a unicorn's glen and bringing back their remains so the dragon could eat them. We slaughtered them a little too well and our sorcerer ended up sparing one of them, cutting his horn off and lashing him to a wagon made from the bones of the other unicorns, which was used to haul the remaining gristle and viscera. The dragon let us keep him and Buddy the cornless unicorn lived for a long time after that.

>we initially planned just to kill them quickly, the whole reason we mashed them to a pulp was the result of high attack rolls
>mfw edgelord sorcerer is the way he is

Well, I don't know if this counts, but I'm planning on putting pic related in my game.

Source?

that's pretty cool actually

Looking back at it now - reading the logs - he was actually kind of an ass.

As the party realized in that final battle, he was all along pretty obsessed with the notion of finding friendship and love: it likely worked against him and he would've had far better shots had he just relaxed and tried to be friendly for its own sake.

Within his mind in that battle he was lashing out at us, yelling about how we were the popular ones and how he looked up at us until he realized how we were keeping him down, stealing all those that were supposed to be with him (he had a point: anyone he fell in love with had a tendency of ending up dating a party member by the end).

In the outside, at that moment, he was like a nightmarish abomination of a Nice Guy manchild, a rolling black ball of giant slime with tentacles all around, currently in the process of choking to death one of those girls he had once tried to get to love him.

Give him so much power, an indestructible body that can just roll over us and kill us all, and yet he still was as pitiful as the day we first met him. We couldn't fight him, we couldn't talk him out of it, so we just mocked him till he died.

oh my gosh thats awesome

I once made a caster in Pathfinder with a strength of somewhere around 4. I gave her a wheelchair, and decided she can only walk short distances unaided. She would be a ridiculously formidible mage, if she were not also truenamer.

She left the party when they went to one of those temples in a forest with like a million stairs leading up to it

wow

think your dm had some hang-ups from the past or smth?

Veins of the Earth.
Parts of it are available for free here: falsemachine.blogspot.com/search/label/Veins

Thanks.

>feel free to use your imagination
Gross.

Fachen, scottish monsters that are half a body, so one eye, one arm and one leg. The GM tried to make them creepy but I was like, "I'm sorry this isn't scary at all."

I just used the Cholerids, the PCs unleashed a bunch of them and then the warlock used an area effect thunderblast that spattered the remains all over the PCs. Thank god they had thaumaturgy and lesser restoration or the entire game would be dying from the blue death (cholera).

How did you set up the encounter?

>cutting his horn off and lashing him to a wagon made from the bones of the other unicorns, which was used to haul the remaining gristle and viscera.
>making him haul the corpses of his own friends in a wagon MADE from the corpses of his friends
HAHAHAHA.
This is such a level of assholery that actually transcends mere edgefaggotry so much it actually circles back to genius.