Is it wrong to screen legitimate autists, as in medically-diagnosed or self-proclaimed ones, out of my games? If not...

Is it wrong to screen legitimate autists, as in medically-diagnosed or self-proclaimed ones, out of my games? If not, how do I do it?

I've just had a fuckton of problems with autistic players not realizing when they've fucked up, endlessly fixating on a particular obsession, and annoying the rest of the group. They're also flaky as shit and don't show up on time.

Sidenote, please don't talk about how you're an autist and perfectly fine. I don't care. The nature of your illness would prevent you from realizing the effect you have anyway.

>posts loli
>complains about autists
screen yourself senpai

dumb animeposter

Screened.
Screened.
You're okay.

I think it works.

>complaining about anime
>on Veeky Forums

Found the autists.

>complaining about anime on Veeky Forums

It really is fucking summer.

I am a legitimate autist. If my party were to screen me, they'd have no one to DM.

What makes autists flaky? Maybe it's because I only have Asperger's and no life, but among the groups I play with, I'm the least likely to have a reason to miss a session.

Yeah, in my experience autists are the exact opposite: they always get ridiculously invested into the story and can be counted to always be there.

It's the non-autists that think the game's not important and flake out on a whim.

It depends on the type/level of autism.

HFA is usually coupled with things like ADD/ADHD, depression, anxiety. Basically the person swings back and forth between functioning and being a wreck, has too many interests and not enough time, which means they tend to never get enough sleep because there's just too much to do, but a lot of the time they don't have the energy to do it, but they want to, so they stay up all night waiting to do something they want to do. Usually they end up getting bored and switch to something else, getting burned out in a matter of minutes to a month depending on the subject.

>That feel when not autistic but fit that description perfectly.
Don't even have an excuse for being fucked up, GG me.

Have you been examined by a professional user?

My boyfriend and best friend (as well as another two members of my gaming group) are all medically diagnosed autists at varying points on the spectrum, but they're functional about it; frankly, I'm more of an issue with they are, since I have chronic anxiety and depression issues stemming from self-worth problems and a martyrdom complex to cap it all off.

You have to consider whether or not they'll have fun and how it'll affect the group dynamic.

It sounds tough but screening them out isn't a bad thing if you feel like it'll either deteriorate the group experience and they won't blend, or if you feel like they won't enjoy it.

>legitimate autists, as in medically-diagnosed
>self-proclaimed ones
Pick one.

Also, legitimate autists won't show on your game, so... yeah, go fuck yourself, OP. The "autism" meme was a mistake.

School summer break starts next week, so prepare yourself.

More then once, no 'tisms to be found

But a lot of general -isms.

It's your game and you've got a right to screen anyone for any reason.

I've got aspergers and ADD, I've spent my freetime the past half a decade rotating between worldbuilding half a dozen settings, each of them a different genre. One day I'll write a book set in one.

Oh fuck really?

I've been out of school too long.

>has too many interests and not enough time, which means they tend to never get enough sleep because there's just too much to do, but a lot of the time they don't have the energy to do it, but they want to, so they stay up all night waiting to do something they want to do.
Oh fuck, that's me alright.

Final exams just ended last week in the Netherlands, summer has started, friendo.

>A girl with mental health issues dating an autist

never breed, your children will have weak genes.

Easy. Talk to them. If you can't tell, they're not autistic enough for it to be relevant.

/polr9k/ will never breed.

>It's your game and you've got a right to screen anyone for any reason.
What this guy said. The diversity police aren't going to kick down your door because you don't have enough autismos in your game taking grumpy dumpies because you dared to make their character take damage.

This has been my experience, too. The turbo-autists I've gamed with have always been on time or early, and were always very apologetic about missing games for any reason. It's the more well-adjusted normies who have been flippant about being punctual and rarely, if ever, gave reasons for not showing up.

/pol/ is southern fucks who know not what a condom is.

>Is it wrong
Why would it be wrong?

>The diversity police aren't going to kick down your door because you don't have enough autismos in your game taking grumpy dumpies because you dared to make their character take damage.
Unless OP is an European, in which case this is very much possible.

They're only capable of breeding through rape, which is why the south hates birth control.

On one hand I fully support a GM's right to pick his players. But you gotta admit that OP sounds like kind of a dick.

>Unless OP is an European
The marxists in Sweden are getting their ideas from American "academics", and even in Sweden universities don't have safe spaces yet.

Also, Europe isn't a fucking country. I dare you to try and pull that sjw shit in Poland. Even in France a lot of the shit that America pulls doesn't fly because the state is "colorblind'.

How many autists ever feel the need to say they are autistic?
And what you describe here are not real autism syndromes.

>They're only capable of breeding through rape >which is why the south hates birth control.
Nah, you're thinking of the Muslim.

What about all those peps in twitter claiming they are autists and complaning about neuronormative people?

>How many autists ever feel the need to say they are autistic?
There is this whole "proud to be an autist", "there is no cure for autism because it's not a disorder" et cetera movement nowadays. This is the age of identity politics, remember? The age where everyone is otherkin and a man who cuts his own dick off can be called a woman and wrestle real women at the olympics. Autists joining in isn't surprising.

That said, personally I hate being deficient and want as few people as possible to know about it. Only my parents, my therapist and a close internet friend know about it.

It's tricky. I find that testing for extreme political views is a good start. Not all autists are political, but their brains can't comprehend complicated issues so the latch on to one ideology whole-heartedly, and treats everyone else like they're literally the worst thing in the world.

>Is it wrong to screen legitimate autists, as in medically-diagnosed or self-proclaimed ones, out of my games? If not, how do I do it?

Good bloody luck. It's a hell of a wide spectrum and two people might not be remotely similar in how they handle it.

When vetting potential applicants, I've found one question separates the good from the bad like no other:

"How many push-ups can you do consecutively?"

Well, THOSE if anything deserve to be screened.

Are you going to pretend all the players you dislike must be autistic?

>Bringing up a strawman version of transexuality in a discussion about autists players in /tg

This shit may have started in America, but it was European countries like Sweden and France that pretty much opened their borders and their legs and let anyone run the rape train on them.
>Poland
Poland is inhabited by Poles, it's already beyond salvation.

I agree. Even sedentary non-autists don't let their bodies atrophy that much. I am lenient as a GM so I only set the minimum at 10 but 25 is a reasonable number.

I'm morbidly obese and diabetic and I can pull off 30, as far as I'm concerned no one has an excuse.

Nigga you can't "screen" autism like that and you have little idea of what autism is.
All you are doing is creating an autism boogeymeb to shoehorn everyone you dislike.

>but it was European countries like Sweden and France that pretty much opened their borders and their legs
America has four states that are majority Latino, overwhelmingly Mexican, and as a whole only Mexico has more native Spanish speakers than America. This is worse than the pot calling the kettle black, it's straight up denial of how demographically fucked America is.

I want /pol/tards to leave. Or kill themselves. Or both, preferably.

Both fit.

Are you sure you aren't just seesawing on your stomach?

What kind of retards would want to play with a DM litteraly thinking internet autism is real and you need to do push up to prove you don't have it?
Why does overly scrutinous jerks always think they are worth this kind of bulmshit? I'm not gonna play mind games just to play D&D with you.

This to you too, now fuck off, I will not tolerate "muh white nationalism" and "B-but all xenos are rapist" here in /tg

No gaming is better than bad gaming.

You must be, because that's not what OP asked. I'm assuming he's the DM, and wants to screen autistic players out, which has nothing to do with the game you DM.

Spotted the spergs.

>ridiculously invested into the story

Yeah, because we needed to hear every single day about how you want to talk to this one particular NPC again and you get butthurt when we don't devote an entire ingame session to you writing them a letter and wanting to split the party to see them and talking endlessly about fucking pokemon OOC when we're not doing stuff that involves you.

Basically in my experience autists get ridiculously invested in their own character, don't interact with anyone else except for one NPC they'll fixate on, and talk endlessly about minute details of what they want to do with their character at the expense of the party and story. They also tend to make characters that don't work well with a group.

>in b4 the Autist Internet Defense Force all asserts that they're model players who dindu nuffin ever.

Do you need to vent, user? Come; post a story.

Holy shit, leave your basements for once you welfare NEETs.

America is huge, and unfortunately 99% of the media comes from California and New York and their particular culture, which gets spread onto college campuses that don't even reflect the towns they live in.

It's hot outside in Texas.

Basements are lot cooler

That literally is happening in the olympics.

>/pol/ is southern fucks
Do you sincerely think that /pol/ is a bunch of rural rednecks shitposting and meming?

ITT: Angry autists and triggered snowflakes.

>Yeah, because strawman
Can you not address the argument without twisting it to the absolutely opposite extreme? Can we have no middle ground on the Internet? Or would it make it too hard to argue with a bunch of spergs? If so, what does that make you?

Not wrong but the a lot of correct ways to do so and even more wrong ways to do it.

I find it easier to screen them out when taking new people by asking them meme questions and see how they react in front of the entire group.
If they react appropriately, they are in and the entire group help out in the character creation and introduction. If not, we apologize and move on.

Meme questions such as:
>Japanese katanas/Falchion are fucking superior to any shit western/eastern arms ever produced. Yeah?
>Firearms are so stupid/so cool and shit/awesome that bows win/lose 10 out of 10. Am I right or am I right?
>Man, those furries are disgusting/cool. What's your opinion?

An autist in my group is in the hospital right fucking now because "she" slashed "her" wrists after her character was scarred by acid.

I'm with OP. You tismniggers need to go.

But how do you get them back after they walk out in disgust?

This.

>invite players over at different times so they show up one by one.
>leap out from behind the door at each one wearing a business suit and a Trump mask
>if they scream, shout something about nazis, or show any sign of distress, tell them they're fired and send them home
>if they approve they get to stay

Doing this from now on.

Spotted the /pol/ack.

As an autist, I voted for Trump. Probably because my brain can't comprehend complicated issues so I just latched on to one ideology whole-heartedly.

If autists walks away on their own rather than forcing us to chase them away politely using various relocation tactics, it's a win in my book.

If you are triggered, you need a mental health check.
Normal nerds don't.

>Everything I don't like is /pol/.jpg

I was here whole winter as well
also you two fell for it

>Everyone I don't like is autist.jpg

Yeah, because non-autists TOTALLY start sperging out about/praising furries with no provocation.

You seem autistic there, son.

Brilliantly refuted, how will I ever recover

>Ask a question
>Is considered sperging

You have a problem.

>I don't know
>I guess firearms can be quite cool?
>I don't care about furries, just keep that shit away from me.
Am I good?

Well, I guess that's one way to make sure you don't accidentally play with sane people.

No, urban rednecks memeing.

Internet usage is rarer in rural areas

Spotted the guy who can't do pushups.

I pretty much told it. The character was a Dragonborn Bard and the player would endlessly talk about how he was a fountain of cheer and this big overgrown kobold ("but you won't like him when he's angry") and honestly the concept was cool as fuck so despite him being a weirdo I invited him in.

He never interacted with anybody, ever. He'd talk about doing random performances and which nu-pop song he should play just...at random. As in actual real-life songs. No, they'd have nothing to do with the scene he was in, he'd just start singing. No matter what was going on or the mood of the scene was. He wouldn't talk to NPCs, he wouldn't talk to PCs, he'd just talk about himself and what he was doing. Except that this one town had a Halfling girl merchant who did moonlighting work playing piano at the tavern who he would talk about constantly and write letters to and had kind of a creepy OOC crush on. Aside from that he talked about pokemon non fucking stop even when nobody cared or played it or wanted to play it.

Do you think it'd be a good idea to force autists to namefag about it? That way we'll know on the internet as well and can screen them at our leisure in gamefinders.

>Make insane tests to "detect autism".
>Not a retard
Pick one.
The furry one is the only one truly weird but the whole idea is just plain dumb.

Short and simple is exactly what we wanted.
We are testing for autism and lack of emotional control which leads to screaming bouts which we already endured several times thanks to a law student and an engineering student.

With no way to enforce it, how the hell do you think there's even a slight chance of anything good coming out of that?

Sounds like you met one autist and decided to generalize everyone from it, the same way a /pol/ack would bump into a black person the one time he dares to go out into sunlight and from there on decide they're all subhuman niggers.

Makes me a badass. Fuck compromising.

>Is it wrong to screen legitimate autists, as in medically-diagnosed or self-proclaimed ones, out of my games?
No. You, as a human being have tb
he right to associate with whoever you please for whatever reason. Some may think it not nice to exclude autists, but fuck those guys. They're fags.

Nigga you wot. That's not a strawman when it's happened in both the Olympics and MMA.
And there's a fuckton of people who define their entire existence on their mental illnesses or disabilities. There's people who build their whole identity around their autism, people do it for deafness and schizophrenia too. Hell, people FAKE those conditions for the special snowflake points.

>simple questions
>insane tests

You don't have many friends or contacts outside of Internet, do you?

The whole push up thing is irrelevant.

I mean you can usually tell, can't you? Even ITT it's clear as a day who's the autist and who isn't.

Then the mods can just slap the name on them so that they can't get rid of it.

No, autists who can't hide it deserve to be treated like shit.
t. autist

It fit with every other autist I've gamed with, but this one was just the worst. You are not the Drizzt of Autism, user.

>muh irrational /pol/hate

We must secure an existence for our people and a future for white children, don't you know that?

Intent matters.

I'm posting in the middle of bumfuck nowhere, and everybody I know has internet access. I don't know what you're talking about.

Too bad, it's been here longer than you.

>he doesn't remember the unironic Obama/Tzeentch comparisons

You see the problem there is that your players might assume you are the autist for asking that shit.

>Then the mods can just slap the name on them so that they can't get rid of it.
Spotted the guy who doesn't have a slightest idea how internet works. Anything done by the mods would be trivial to circumvent.

What exactly is wrong with removing players you dislike?

>Anything done by the mods would be trivial to circumvent
Yes, you are quite right that it would be. To a non-autist.

IQ is heavily correlated to how much functional autists are so I don't you can say they deserve to be treated like shit because they are more disabled than you

Nothing except that they will rush to forums like these to complain and whine.