Where does this bizarre idea of bards all being inherently huge sluts come from?

Where does this bizarre idea of bards all being inherently huge sluts come from?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_n5E7feJHw0
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

High charisma, people skills, no religious holdups like with the paladin.

That Guy behavior, mostly.

For the same reason that, when allowed to play a Paladin, they become "You have to smite ALL the evil" edgelords, That Guys who play bards will take every possible opportunity to spam seduce or persuade rolls to try and get laid.

It comes from bards being inherently huge sluts.

>popular musicians beloved by their fans, who will totally sleep with them given the chance
No idea, OP.

>Implying pic related isn't the kind of bard that gets drilled like an oilfield every other night

Combination of Romance Novel idea of the Troubadour and the Rock Musicians.

musicians and performers tend to be sluts

Bitches love musicians.

Children and memes.

Charming musicians tend to be sluts.

They dont have much else going for them

No, bitches love cannons.

the fact that a good bit of their theme is illusion/mind fuckery magic.

From the actual "job". For centuries actor, whores, bards and anyone who was basically travelling, but not trading was considered by default a slut, because that's how they were making for a living in the first place: singing, whoring and performing.

1. They have high charisma
2. They're often described as dashing and charming even in source material
3. The bard is effectively the medieval rock star. Rock stars are widely known for using their fame and wealth to fuck sluts by the daily. There's a reason why Mick Jagger, the man who fell down the ugly tree, faceplanted on the ugly floor and hit every ugly branch on his ugly way down, is considered a sex icon.
This isn't a difficult question, and five seconds of thought could answer it for you.

Bitches love music MADE WITH CANNONS

Only correct answer so far.

What the fuck people. They are musicians, bohemians, bon vivants , of course they are going to enjoying whoring, both selling and buying.

low tier animu fetish fanartist from Sweden

I guess the dnd-style-fantasy-bards we know, got heavily influenced by the figure of ancient Satyres and Fauns.

They fuck anything, that dares to move, play music on their flutes, are witty, funny and have a generally high charisma

So they're basically Bards

I mean, they, 1812 overture is a pretty impressive murder weapon

DAE Charisma means I'm hot and can fuck all the females xD

Basically 12 year olds and That Guys.

>Why do sexually-starved neckbeards use a high charisma class to fuck everything

musicians and performers thought out history used their arts to get sex LOL In it's time, opera performers got the groupies like rock stars do today

>musicians who pick up chicks like a dog picks up fleas
>high cha
>main class persuasion stats
>charm spells

GEE
I DUNNO

By identifying bards with modern music stars

You must not know any moderately talented musicians

But it's not a meme for sorcerers, for some reason.

bard players

Sorcerers don't have as many skill points, so they can't invest in interpersonal skills like Bards can, especially when they have other things they'd like to invest in.
Sorcerers are just the Chads of the wizarding world.

Because players love to play them as huge sluts. Almost every class' archetypical behavior was molded from how players tended to play them.

>usually play Bard
>never play Bard as a huge slut

I guess that makes sense but I usually play them as party hard rock gods that care about the music or insufferable but loyal jackasses that make shitty puns and drive their enemies insane with jokes and insults. And the one time I played a Bard as a wise old hermit type dude who just wanted to study lore and history and used his charms to pry new information from people

>religious holdups
That is literally only the Catholic church and their -PRIESTS-.

You telling me that these guys don't get laid ALL THE TIME?

>Where does this bizarre idea of bards all being inherently huge sluts come from?
Probably real life, where women (especially young women) will throw their panties at anyone holding a guitar as if he were going to play it.

This isn't rocket science, if you'd ever left your basement you'd know these things.

That's not true. They diddle little boys all the time.

Idiots thinking Charisma is "the fuck stat"

Go fuck yourself. The rate of victimization is below any other group.

rockstars in general and Killmister particularly

I think he's wrong cause I'm a guy and that little guy with the fu man chu is doing things to me that I don't quite understand...

The fact troubadours, traveling actors etc have been seducing nobles in folklore for centuries?

3rd edition DnD.
Most of the idiotic ideas about rpgs come from fucking 3rd edition.
Or 3.5 i dont even care

>Hey now
>You're a rock star
>Get your game on
>Go play

Our campaign ended up depicting all Dwarves as rednecks because someone in the group was playing a Dwarven Bard who was basically Charlie Daniels.

Just that when it happens they have a massive organization willing to help cover it up.

youtube.com/watch?v=_n5E7feJHw0

/thread

I can tell you that they won't get scurvy if they all eat an orange.

>But it's not a meme for sorcerers, for some reason.
The slutty scantily-clad sorceress is totally a cliche though

But he has no idea. The question is still in the air!

Haven't been playing D&D very long, but have came up with a lot of ideas over the years. One of them is a melancholic elven bard who goes on about his woes and angst over his long life through poetry.

I have no idea how I would play this without being an annoying cunt but I like the idea of a sad bard.

King David

That melancholy "artist" is an insufferable little shit in real life
Play it like you want to be hated

Apollo, maybe, like your picture suggests

They're usually hot.
They make music which is even hotter.
They never stay in one place long enough to experience consequences.
Do the math.

Embrace the annoyingness, just don't go way overboard with it. Honestly that sounds like a character you could have fun roleplaying with.

Actors and entertainers were always considered sexual degenerates, all the way back to greek times. TBF this was basically true as plenty of them were also prostitutes

Have you ever known a musician?

We're a band of vicious pirates

Real life examples. Musicians throughout time, Great orators and entertainers... many had an affinity for people, and for carnal pleasure. It's a majority thing.

>Buddhist monks
>Islamic anything
Religion and sexual holdups go pretty much hand-in-hand across the board, aside from the more primal, nature-worshipping ones, which tend to celebrate sex.

>>Buddhist monks
To be fair, this is in a much less strict capacity than in abrahamic religion as many eastern cultures historically viewed sex as much more than missionary position under the sheets eyes closed lights out for the sole purpose of procreation
Buddhism encourages asceticism for its monks, but in wider Hindu culture (historically) there were like five gods for different aspects of love
There were sex priests
The Kama Sutra is a religious text
Don't try to be like "Buddhist monks don't do the sexual" Buddhist monks spend a significant amount of time doing nothing

Annoying players magical realming.

>But it's not a meme for sorcerers, for some reason.
They try

tom jones

Neckbeards wanting to do things in fantasy that they can't do in real life.

what does this mean?

t. wizzard

seriously people, it's obvious

this is a question that could have been answered from the get go without any text whatsoever

>Islamic anything
They REALLY like little boys.

and this was more work than i thought it would be.