What system would you recommend to play a "Biblepunk" game in a setting similar to pic related?

What system would you recommend to play a "Biblepunk" game in a setting similar to pic related?

If you're going to say GURPS or any other generic system, you must also include exactly which books to use.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!44EUxBiI!bo_icAhDwx2kmWIKS6m2FBRcCvxM1OIOtHMwk53DFC8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Biblepunk
Fek off m80 pot80

I know nothing about the DaVinci Code or any of that other stuff, but if you want to run a modern action game, GURPS Basic Set + Action 1 & 2 is the best available on the market. Any magical voodoo junk can just be made with the advantages/disadvantages in Basic Set. Powers and/or Power-Ups Enhancements can expand on those if you really need it.

*tips firmly with assurance*

>I know nothing about the DaVinci Code or any of that other stuff
Then why are you replying?

>but if you want to run a modern action game
That's not what I asked for

>Then why are you replying?
You mentioned GURPS. I'm contractually obligated to answer all GURPS threads.

>That's not what I asked for
Even easier, then. You can just use Basic Set.

>biblepunk
Please leave and never return you underage faggot. Adding -punk to the end of random nouns does not a genre make. Either describe what you're talking about with actual words or put your dad's cock back in its holster to stop you from talking completely.

Holy fucking shit you don't even realize that he's using the term accurately, you just made this so that you could jack off to how much nerd knowledge you have. We get it, you hate gears. Go fuck yourself with a rolling block and go back to london, you fucking faggot.

There's an actual biblepunk TRPG, IIRC. I don't remember its name though. I'll look around my files.

I think the idea of it is that there's a "song" that permeates reality and represents god's plan. Every act that goes against the way things should go is a discordant note, and angels risk doing that to recruit humans and fight demons or something like that. I'll be back with the pdf or at least the name.

As for generic systems, I don't really recommend them. For something like Unsong, you really want a list of spells to refluff. In a generic system that would take way too much work.

As for biblepunk game, I just found it. The name of it is In Nomine. I'm pretty sure I've heard talk about it in the past. I think it might have inspired Nobilis to some extent? At least thematically. The editing is not the best. And now I notice I can't upload the pdf here because there's a bunch of books and they're all above 8mb. I'll upload them somewhere, but you should take a look in the pdf thread. It might be there.

So you're saying biblepunk includes a focus on the class gap with stark have/have-not divide, the dehumanizing nature of tech (e.g. sci-fi future tech, industrial steam tech, etc.), and anti-establishment tones? I'll give you the last bit for Preacher, but barely, and nothing for the rest.

Or are you just trying to pretend you give a shit in order to keep this thread alive and gather enough (You)s to sustain you for another night?

>Holy fucking shit you don't even realize that he's using the term accurately
The term means nothing, there's no way to use it "accurately."

Have you read Unsong? No? It's punk enough. Deal with it.

Ignore the punk shit from now on, please. It's jsut bait past the first post

Where is the punk part?

You. You're the punk. Now bend over.

Let's try and construct a definition based on the four stories in the OP image

>Parts of the Bible, up to and including miracles, magic and the supernatural, are literally true
>Despite elements of Christianity being literally true, the tone of the story is very irreverent, if not outright dismissive of religion
>The protagonist is an 'everyman' caught up in a divine conspiracy

What else is there?

Pic semi related

I admit I haven't read all of them but:

-There are multiple factions, all building up towards a sort of battle at the end of days?

>Church is at best stuck in their ways and unmoving, at worst, actively antagonistic towards the main goals

In Nomine: mega.nz/#!44EUxBiI!bo_icAhDwx2kmWIKS6m2FBRcCvxM1OIOtHMwk53DFC8

Hey thanks

Wait, this is a Steve Jackson game? Isn't that the GURPS guy?

And the Munchkin guy, and the Toon guy, and the Transhuman Space guy, and the Ogre guy, and the Car Wars guy, and the Ninja Burger guy... Steve Jackson Games is highly prolific, really. They're a competent company that puts out quality.

Exactly what I was going to recommend.
Also awesome for RP'ing Constantine or Good Omens.
And don't worry about the angry atheists.

Yup. It's his adaptation of a French system.
Uses a neat 3d6 mechanic, if you roll triple ones (holy trinity), God intervenes in your task- if you roll triple sixes (number of the beast) then Lucifer intervenes.

Thing is, you're not always playing on the side of light, so if you're playing one of the Fallen and God intervenes (111) then shit goes sideways.

It also has a bunch of really interesting backgrounds on various types of Angels and Fallen, the Nephilim, etc.

It's actually an interesting game even for those who aren't religious.

Is it true the most recent edition had literally deviantart-tier art that ended up being traced Touhou fanart, or was that some other game?

That's Nobilis

Keep your meme games straight, user

I'd use Children of Fire/ Clay for a preacher game, i'd link you but I'm on my phone. It's free, look it up

A guy had a list of Names worked up for playing UNSONG with Delta Green, I'll try to find it

GURPS. With Powers: Divine Favor and Warehouse 23. :^)

Fucked if I know, my copy is 1st edition and about 20 years old. And yes, I got it brand new.

That's a fine backbone of tropes but The DaVinci Code fits fucking none of them really. It accepts no parts of the Bible as true other than the historical Christ that DID exist (i.e. there was a bloke named Christ and a ot of people listened to him), its treatment of Christianity is relatively tame, and the conspiracy is ANYTHING BUT divine. Correct me if I'm wrong as it's been a while since I've read it, but I seem to remember the whole affair being rather worldly.

>hear good things about UNSONG
>enjoy the first few chapters
>discover it's written by a self-proclaimed ""rationalist""
Dropped. Those masturbatory, contrarian, oh-so-superior IQ-fanatic sociopaths are the worst subculture on the entire net. It's like every stereotyped first year philosophy/psychology student decided to milk each other's wilted dicks in a great big cultish circlejerk.

Anima.

Mostly because it has christians (so the bible part is OK'd) and is fucking retarded (so the Punk part is also OK'd).

thanks mate. Wanted to take a look at that, but was too lazy to search it.

What are we supposed to say to this? "Good job"?

Anyways, anybody got some bible-inspired plothooks to share? Stuff like helping a Job character, or helping some pleb kill a giant using a sling.

First thing that comes to mind is having a guy with 12 followers drifting about in the background, getting famous, and eventually he gets caught and is slated for death.

I assume biblepunk is just low-brow cyberpunk subgenre where the Catholic church is subbed in for evil corporations?

Besides how fedora-tippingly retarded that is, it completely misses the main thene of cyberpunk. Namely that modern society, institutions, and technology merge together in ways which remove spiritual meaning from people's lives.

Good thing you're not posting on Veeky Forums - you'd be torn apart because of how retarded you are.

The Fertile Name brings forth grain from the earth, speeding the growth of crops by nearly half. Children in Ethiopia starve to death, and Ethiopian farmers cannot use the Fertile Name to grow the corn that would save them. Why not? Because Serpens holds the patent and demands $800 up front from any farmer who wants to take advantage of it. The Purifying Name instantly kills eighteen species of harmful bacteria, including two that are resistant to all but the most toxic antibiotics. But two-thirds of American hospitals have no one licensed to use the Purifying Name. Why not? Because they can’t afford the licensing fees demanded by Gogmagog. In the old days, we told ourselves that poverty was a fact of life. That there wasn’t enough food or medicine or clothing or housing to go around. Then it was true. Now it is false. To feed the hungry and shelter the homeless no longer requires scarce resources. It requires only a word. A word that the entire international system of governance – corporations, politicians, UNSONG – has united to prevent the needy from ever obtaining. 86% of known Names are held by seven corporations. The largest, Serpens, has total assets of $174 billion. The smallest of the seven, ELeshon, has total assets of $33 billion. Serpens’ CEO, Cate Ilyov, has a net worth of $600 million, houses in the California Republic, Texas, and Virginia state, and her own private 12-seater jet. Meanwhile, not only does she employ some of the finest kabbalists in the world to hide the Fertile Name behind klipot, but if some enterprising mind breaks through the encryption and sends the plaintext Name to those starving Ethiopians, she will call up UNSONG, call upon whatever treaties we have with Ethiopia, and get everyone who saw the Name put in jail for life. Because if people who can’t give Cate Ilyov $800 for a bigger jet try to feed themselves, they are, our government tells us, a Threat To Our Way Of Life.