/40kg/ Warhammer 40k General

Dark Eldar Edition

Previous Thread: >Leaks:
mega.nz/#F!3odCTLCa!5Jc-zB2-JJcYlT55L6FN8g

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>8th Edition FAQ:
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!ToIUlLiR!o91HYGSY9WBNpei5P_2bTw
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>7th Ed 40k rules reference in wiki format:
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>WIP Math-hammer doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Roster Builder
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#!/rosterCreator

Nth for Guard need new models.

someone be a doll and drop index epubs if u got em? ill post one when i get paid wednesday if someone gets imperium 1 up

I don't really need more tallarn models, but dammit having regimental upgrade kits would be great.

Looking for a good Space Marine chapter to ally in with my Witch Hunter force. I know Black Templars are traditional, but they have a red-and-gold colour scheme that really doesn't work with the Templars' black-and-white. Are there any other good chapters around, or should I make my own?

>Master of Mankind dead.
It's fucking nothing.

Give me your tier list /40kg/

First ever match in general and of 8th. Brought it home for the Dark City over some Primiris Marines. Man are those fuckers resilient.

Vostroyan plastics when

Pre-ordered the first day. Hasn't even been shipped yet. what the fuck GW?

>red-and-gold
red templars

I claim this thread for the Dark Mechanicum, which now has a character!

Tell us about your characters.

You do convert your HQs, don't you?

Nice, welcome to 40k. You gonna give us a full rundown of the match?

Oh really? Who?

I love that green look for the raiders and bikes.

Shame your helliarch seems to be the joker.

No
Fuck off rolfag

In no particular order among tiers:

>Top:
Knights

>Second Best:
Orks
IG
Nids

>Great:
Sisters
Dark Eldar/Ynnari/Harlequins

>Okay
Everything Else

If they change the first turn rules, then Knights will get nerfed back out of objectively the best. Which is a real shame, because I think the non random first turn is great. But the way it's set up right now, Knights always get first turn, always kill your Knight counter, and then you're done.

rulebook epub when

>Tier 1 roughly in order
IG
Tyranids
Orks

>Tier 2 but not in any order
Necrons
Dark Eldar
Harlequins

>lower tiers
Not enough data yet
AdMech seem decent
Grey Knights and Thousand Sons seem decent

its been out all day look at the links

>But the way it's set up right now, Knights always get first turn, always kill your Knight counter, and then you're done.
I wasn't aware you could kill objectives

Yeah I may have made a joker hellions unit gangs reminded me of the jokers from batman beyond. Alas first turn shooting went well for them but the return fire wiped all but the heliarch from the map.

my knight counter is 666 conscripts tho.

>But the way it's set up right now, Knights always get first turn, always kill your Knight counter, and then you're done.
Isn't it possible for the knight counters to be held in reserve and hit them after deployment?

>tfw want to make a custom Sisters minor order of inspiring women, and play them on the tabletop, but sisters are basically impossible to obtain

>Knights always get first turn, always kill your Knight counter, and then you're done.

>what is deepstrike/LOS

I need pictures
pictures of striking scorpions

Disembarked from the raider because I really wanted to run over people with it and that worked ok but the reavers did most of the work once they charged.

You're god damn right I do.
This here is Ul'Ikai, the Capricious. Former apprentice of my other Haemy, Serilyx,(aka "The Fleshfather". He's minorly converted, all I did was give him an agonizer/whip), now a full-fledged flesh-artist himself.

Harlequins are the best Eldar
Prove me wrong

Some can. For instance, Dark Eldar can hold Scourges in reserve. But not all units can be held in reserve.

In the case of Scourges, you're probably only going to have one unit of 4 dark lances, which has a small chance of killing a knight in one turn, but most likely will only severely damage it in one turn before being focused down.

Chaos Hellwright from the new forgeworld has the Dark Mechanicus keyword and is a super warpsmith.

They get Chaos Hellwrights in the FW Chaos index, but no unique characters as of yet. You can swap out the tag for a tag, which is promising.

I've had a saim-hann army since forever, but stopped playing about 5 years ago.
Yesterday I tried out 8th ed, it was fun but I got tabled quickly.
Tell my /tg, are jetbikes and vypers garbage now, or can I salvage my flying elf biker gang

They're pretty good, but they lack the variety and fluff of Dark Eldar.

>If they change the first turn rules, then Knights will get nerfed back out of objectively the best. Which is a real shame, because I think the non random first turn is great.
The suggested rule change from ITC is that the first turn is decided by a roll-off but the player who finishes deploying first gets +1.

I have an alternate suggestion which is a player gets +1 to their Seize the Initiative roll for each Lord of War in the opponent's army, and -1 to the roll for each Lord of War in their own army.

Nth for fw astartes index never

The unit of inceptors hid behind the ruins most of the match shooting until I took out the unit in the open. Then his primirus Lt. charged my Archon and the inceptors failed their charge on the reaver there. Archon tanked a whole lot of shots with that shadow field. Power from pain saved my ass on the charges 2nd round. Overall I really like the feel of the army so far.

Loyalist fags btfo

wow my waifu is looking extra ravishing tonight

Pic of my goodbye to 7th Apoc game last weekend
60k points (30 each side pf Xenos+Chaos v Imperium)

I would keep it non random, because it's great in normal matchups. So my suggestion is that for every Lord of War your opponent deploys, you get to deploy X additional units in your next deployment drop.

X would be tweaked, but let's assume it's 1.

You go first, you deploy 1.
Your opponent goes next, Deploys a Knight
You now get to deploy 2.
and so on.

The other problem is that melee armies might have some issues with their unit counts being too high to get first turn. I wouldn't know, since I haven't looked into it that much.

Does this mean I can play CSM and admech in a battleforged army now?

Friend of mine told me about a captain that held his own against a hive tyrant in a tournament a few editions ago.

The captain lost but the battle was memorable enough for him to rip the head off a painted model and replace it with the old bionic one.

FW index Xenos never. I NEED TO KNOW OF TYRANIDS HAVE A GOOD LOW. I MUST KNOW IF HIERODULES ARE SHIT OR NOT.

So its been about a decade since I seriously looked at 40k, and gettung the itch after seeing some of the 8th changes. Can Space Wolves still be built as a "shoot them, then fight just as hard in combat" army like they used to be, back when True Grit was a thing?

Tier 1:
>Orks
>'crons
>IG

>Tier 2:
>Nids
>Grey Knights
>Space Marines
>Sisters of Battle

Shit-tier:
>Everyone else

Are malanthropes LOW? The leak for that looked impressive.

Anyone got the ForgeWorld leak for loyalists?

This was at the end

Nids held

God tier:
>flavors of marines, dark eldar, nids, (maybe) orks
High tier:
>necrons, (maybe) orks, harlequins, CSM, imperial Knights, guard
Mid tier:
>eldar, mono-chaos, DW, sisters, inquisition and others
Low tier:
>Admech, GK (insufficient on their own in my experience thus far)
Hahahaha fuck you tier:
>tau (Really mid tier memes aside)

However this doesn't take into account mixing and matching armies, which is a big deal in 8th. For example, I've found both chaos and Admech to be weaker alone (chaos lacking a good anvil to their hammer and Admech lacking effective chaff and line protection), but damn good with allies.

Marines in general are in a low-tier place at the moment. The current rules are just meant to get you by until the actual codices are released.

Marines currently don't have chapter tactics.

Probably not, there are lots of chaos only robots already. Hopefully chaos gets the big admech upgrade when they move the 30k units over.

HQ, they're also going to be like 200 points, that's a lot for a 3" -1 to hit.

Buddy it doesn't come out for a week

How long does a 60k game take?

>Harlequins
>Not being tier 1
bazinga

Basic wolves can buy a Chain sword on top of their bolter/pistol, and longfangs can each carry a heavy weapon instead of being limited to 4 per squad.

So, yeah kinda

Deployed Friday evening (Powers, random boons and such)
All day Saturday
and about 4 hours on Sunday

So, RAW, the Word of the Phoenix power affects any Ynnari unit. The unit does not have to have the Strength from Death rule to perform a soulburst. Now, any Aeldari unit can be a Ynnari unit (except for the minor list of exceptions). Including Wraithknights.

Which means you can still soulburst Wraithknights, and other Vehicles, but you have to do a little extra work. Do you think this is intentional, or just classic GW rules wording?

So I'm not quite sure yet what I'm doing with 8E.

Any thoughts?

Complete 8th noob - Battle Forged section says that your army needs to have the same faction (ie imperium, or astartes).

If want to build a Battalion can I mix SM and IG to fill out the slots since they both share the faction keyword? I wasn't sure if they meant in each detachment or in your army overall...

You can mix in both with the Imperium keyword. So yes. Likely Codexes will add benefits to keeping detachments pure, but currently there are only a handful of those (AdMech Canticles for example).

Yes

>Still no rules for Thulsa Kane or Vaylund Cal

Come on people where the scans at

Yes.

You can read this in the Faction paragraph on page 240.

Well, I'm also looking for someone who can bring something new to the party thematically. The Inquisition is all about hunting down specific people, and having undeniable authority. The Sisters of Battle are there to hold the line against armies of heretics and entire planets turned against the Emperor. The Sisters of Silence are specifically to deal with those who can manifest psychic powers, as assassins in a different way than the Inquisition. The Templars feel like they just do what the SoB do, but with Marine rules instead. Have I misunderstood?

>Tfw was gonna have fun at the launch party
>Tfw call from mom telling me Grandma is in hospital again and this time she probably won't make it
>Tfw go to mom's house and ride with her down to see Grandma in hospital, and then also get lectured by mother about how I'm too cold and distant and a hermit from all the family
>Tfw it's because I'm bitter as fuck towards all of them over them being irresponsible fuckers all the time and asking me the 24 year old who lives by himself and goes to school while working full time for money
>Tfw younger brother is recovering addict, and older sister is failure as is rest of family
>Tfw they say I'm too bitter and cold when the world is shit and I'd just rather be alone

I'm sad about my Grandma, but god damn it, now they made me feel like a piece of shit. I just wanted to put together my Death Guard...

>Marines in general are in a low-tier place at the moment
gunships son

Your archon is going to be footslogging it. Is that intentional? Personally, I would replace some points in helions and talos with ravagers.

> Tier 1
> Crons
EXPLAIN.

Red Hunters?

What's the fucking point of playing a psychic-focused army when the psychic phase is now just a literal crapshoot with a tiny variety of uninteresting powers?

CSM powers are all so lame, even Magnus doesn't do anything exciting. I fucking regret picking up Thousand Sons instead of Eldar, which I only did because I didn't want people whining that I was playing an OP army.
Even with the huge buff, they're just so fucking BORING.

Getting to roll 4+ reanimation twice a turn and getting either rend or overwhelming number of hits on every weapon

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you, user.

Perfect. Thank you.

That fucking sucks man, at least the reason I missed the launch was due to my cousin's 10 year old birthday.

In return for having some of the shittiest vehicles around (t6/4+? What are we, Dark Eldar?) and no decent anti-tank outside of 200+ vehicles that have to stay still.

user, I've been there. Just suck it up and give your family some time. I used to blow off my family all the time for stupid game shit. 'oh it's my raid night, can't go see my parents for dinner'. It sucks because I can't get back that lost time with them and no way in hell do I remember what the fuck I got in drops that night.

Just suck it up and deal with it. Also, fucking download Battlescribe and make lists while everyone else is watching TV or something.

Play Tzeentch Chaos Daemons. You can field an unkillable number of models, while your heralds sit behind them immune to anything that isn't a sniper. Big T also gets the most interesting psychic power in the game.

Or if you want reliability, play orks! They have the most reliable psykers in the game, and one of the best powers.

Anyone want some Sisters of Battle Bat-Reps? Quick-ones not shitloads of details. 500 points / 29 power level.

1st against Ynnari with heavy Dark Eldar presence.
2nd a three way against Smurfs & 20 Berzerkers + Kharne. Spoiler: Our Emperor's Red Rage out-blood-godded them.

If I were you I'd make a Stormtrooper section to bring something new in terms of gameplay, that or Deathwatch in drop pods.

So has anyone debunked the Conscripts meme list yet?
If no, post that infodoc, I've got a game scheduled in a few days and I have the models to make it happen.

Don't be a fucking tool. Wait for your codex like everyone else and stop crying.

I work in the local courthouse and see the worst of society on a daily basis and know the truth that society is crumbling all around me and the reasons why it's dying, yet everyone thinks I'm too cold and bitter. I just want to enjoy the things that make me happy by myself. I don't want to indulge their normie delusions. I was the middle child that had to do everything by myself and never given attention and now that I'm doing mildly well for myself it feels like everyone is always expecting me to pick up the pieces of their lives or is surprised that I'm so bitter, cold, and direct with them when they are being bullshit.
My Dad died 3 years ago from a drug overdose and I found him dead on the floor. Ever since then I've really kind of been broken and don't even want to have anything to do with my family.

Hey guys, using the online list builder for GSC, how do you add a Weapons Team to an Neophyte squad?

You forgot the part where it has 14 wounds and is basically immune to actual anti-tank weapons.

>Or if you want reliability, play orks!
What a strange time we live in.
Yes. Abso-fucking-lutely yes.
I've already got Deathwatch and Grey Knights for a full Inquisition force, honestly. Stormtroopers seem pretty legit - Other than just 'Inquisitorial Acolytes', is there any good existing fluff for them?
> I have the models to make it happen
I don't believe you.

"Psychic focused army" isn't a thing in 8th. They deliberately killed the "I field Magnus dozens of dice" playstyle. Plus Chaos isn't really designed to play mono-god out of the index. That said, Dark Hereticus is a good discipline. Warp Time is one of the best spells in the game and makes Chaos Terminators very formidable.

So what do you think the release schedule is going to be like for the Codices? One per month like Sigmar? Slower? Faster? Who do you think will be released first and last?

> Plasma
> Not an actual anti-tank weapon
> Not going to be seen fucking everywhere now that Imperium plasma's so good

I suppose it's a matter of locale, really.

Yes please. I love sisters, and I love dark eldar, so please tell me the tale of this conflict.

Then make it happen faggot, do it and report back with pics and all.

Do it!

I mean a decent ePub.

Next month will probably be Death Guard and/or Space Marines to coincide with the global campaign.

>First
Either Vanilla Marines or Death Guard feat. Morty

>Last
Probably something like Tau. Even though I like my blueberries, they might want to capitalize off other models because they made their killing off Tides and Surges.

its the digital release epub, what the fuck do you mean decent its the best you are going to get

Whoever wrote the quantum shielding rule is a fucking retard.

Well you can't run nothing but conscripts, but damn you can come close. Effectively just a commisar or lord commisar and a platoon or company command, whichever you feel like for HQ choice, then the other for elite. Then three units of conscripts. Repeat 3 times, fill in leftover points with lascannons.

This is because you can't have more than 3 detachments at 1-2k point values. Also because you can't have negative command points. Still 450 conscripts plus lascannon support. 1350 points of conscripts, lascannon HWT are only 72 points, so if we toss 6 teams in that brings you to 1782 points. Enough to toss in cheap lord commisars and platoon commanders.