So...

So, the character I'm playing next is a 7-foot tall masked mercenary with decent unarmed skill and weird political views. Yes, I'm going full meme.

Am I a bad person?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-X4pvsoZ35k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Not if you play them well.

I mean, so long as you're open to character development this is fine for starting out

You're only a bad person if you stop playing the game and just start trying to meme 24/7, ie, burning down a boat you're traveling in because lmao no survivors

So the consensus for OP is to not be a bitch and to play the character in an organic way, using Bane? as a seed character for to develop into something wholly a product of the campaign and the character's experiences.

It's doesn't matter who he plays, what matters is his plan.

>telling lies on the internet for the sake of a few (You)s

It ain't a lie. Game is Ars Magica, an I was inspired after I learned about the Giant Blood and Mercenary Captain virtues that game has.

no, tho if you make him also trying to avenge his unit it might be

I made a near clone of Solaire from the dark souls game, but I played him as his own man. Don't make your guy a meme-spouting jackass.

If your reference is done right, nobody who doesn't get it will know you referenced anything at all.

>Am I a bad person?

You're insane in the meme bane.

>Am I a bad person?
For you!

>7 foot tall
Hardy is like 5'7

I would shoot a guy before throwing him of some high place if I was playing with OP.

>Make character for a mecha combat game
>set in the distant ill-defined future, aboard gigantic spaceships
>like seriously huge, beyond space-hulk tier but entirely operational
>every character is colorful and fancy, so I decide to embody AMERICA
>make her Patricia Coin, Tommy Gun enthusiast with extreme liking for rapid fire weaponry, cowboy hats and burgers
>looks basically like Kay from Girls und Panzer, extremely forward and friendly but doesn't ever back down from a fight
>mfw nobody noticed
>that she is Pat Coin
>P A T C O I N
>It was- !
youtube.com/watch?v=-X4pvsoZ35k

>patcoin
Is that a reference you actually expected anyone to get? It seems pretty fucking obscure

P O N T I A C

I watched the video and I still don't really understand, american car history is pretty fucking niche senpai. Did you really expect anyone to get it?

I have never seen that video or any video by that channel anywhere in my entire life before now, I don't give a shit about cars, I still don't understand why ANYONE other than you would hear Pat Coin and think it was a reference to something.

It's just a pun, really. Pat Coin is an anagram of Pontiac, so every aspect of the character directly points at America, even the name. Oh the flip side, I gave her a hidden backstory that she's actually super interested in ancient lore of the 30's Chicago mafias and got herself a trenchcoat, wide-brimmed hat and suit and tie to cosplay over it. It's just a nugget for the RCR enthusiasts out there really.

HOW UNAMERICAN OF YOU NOT TO CARE ABOUT CARS

>HOW UNAMERICAN OF YOU NOT TO CARE ABOUT CARS

Why would I care about some shitty vampire?

OP here. Thank you, user: I don't feel that bad about my character anymore.

Hmm, that depends, what are your character's political views?

Arachno-feminism.

is that a mothafukin jojo reference

Common sense, basically, but keep in mind that the game is taking place in 13th century Europe. Thinking that the nobles are assholes and that the church is irredeemably corrupt are very radical views in this setting.

This.
I've gotten away with blatant usage of characters from Queen's Blade (Claudette) in normal DnD and playing not!Tommy Wiseau in a vampire game.
Both of those worked out perfectly with the rest of the group, even tho another player had seen the room and knew perfectly well what i was doing.

oh hi mark

Oh hi Alucard, what's up?

>Thinking that the nobles are assholes and that the church is irredeemably corrupt are very radical views in this setting.
You didn't read The Decameron, did you?

::::)

It's sad that as time goes by Mad Stan makes more and more sense. Minus the whole blowing everything up part.

Memes are like LSD

Fine in moderation, but if you take too much in a short amount of time you become a massive faggot.

Going full meme is fine if you can continue justifying the character after the novelty wears off.

I played Halfling Sundowner for about a year until I 'retired' him so he could give war a chance in another region of the setting.

>let's rebel against the establishment, so cool and edgy it's nevah bin dun b4!

Mate, that's a theme so worn out it was called out as copypasta in it's own century, the 1300s.

You're not radical. You're a rebel, and there's nothing less original.

No OP, you're just a big guy.

Kinda sad you'll be playing that campaign by yourself, but hey, you don't get to bring friends

...and if you consume a truly massive amount of memes all at once, you see through the veil of our conditioned material reality and commune with the old gods.

If you'd said, like, Medieval Era, maybe. But the church in the Renaissance had become more like a political faction than the universal council on morality that it was during the Crusades. Hell, when the king of France sent soldiers to capture the Pope (leading to the schism) a soldier smacked the Pope around.

>Renaissance
This is 1220 we're talking here. Gnostics and other heretics are on the rise, and the Renaissance doesn't start in earnest for another 300 years.

Shit, I read 13th century as 1300s, so you're right that the Renaissance wasn't up and running, but the Renaissance started in the 1300s mang, it's why people study the Trecento humanists so much.