How the fuck do you defeat an unrelentless, unthinking enemy

How the fuck do you defeat an unrelentless, unthinking enemy
Out party fucked up and released *something* from a lich's stash, a perpetually expanding gel of sorts
It seems to consume everything it touches and we haven't been able to slow it down, much less stop it
Wat do?
I'm guessing that since irlt was in a vial there just be some material or spell that can contain it...?

>Releasing something an amoral, immortal undead was wise enough to keep locked up.

This will probably not end well for you.

Does it burn?
Is there anything that eats it?
Is there anything that stops or slows it down? Salt sounds typical for a gel.

I feel like there was a thread about this before, with a loaf of expanding bread or something

Ye i know
Mostly because i feel the campaign is about to end
Nothing
Tried even alchemist's fire, but no dice
Might've
DM used to browse here

>releasing grey goo
I hope everyone in the setting has already had a long and fulfilling life.

Unrelentless means not relentless, or relentful

Can you turn a bag of devouring inside out and throw it at the slime?

Have you tried controlling it? Slimes and oozes tend to be biological in nature in most D&D games, so maybe get a Druid to try a spell for commanding animals.

Maybe trap it in a plane you don't particularly care for? How big is it already and how fast is it growing? The longer you take, the harder it will be to jump with it or to shove it through a gate.

I'm guessing the lich is already out of the picture?

Lich's dead and his phylactery (along with the entire tower and our animal companion) is now ooze

Sphere of Annihilation time

Well, if you can, try to find out what the Lich was using to contain it in the first place, which obviously somehow kept it from just expanding over the container. That's probably a weakness of some sort.

Wish?

This.

Also, is it possible to lure it into a extra-dimensional doorway of some kind? Let some other dimension worry about it.

>gel
Salt.

what the fuck i didnt even know d&d had nanomachines. I need to build a game around this concept.

Use the magical spells Eye Contact and Pressure on the DM to stress that this ending is terrible and that he's being That DM right now. Be sure to steal some of his miniatures or books when he's not looking because fuck him.

>/d/m has a slime vore/dissolution/absorption fetish
so do I. Except I like bones to be left behind.

How is he being "that dm"? This is a perfectly good natural disaster esque thing.

this man gets it. destroy the fabric of existence! that's where it keeps its stuff!

>Stealing your DMs materials that he's kind enough to share with you.

user was the slime the whole time.

Have you tried universal solvent?

Do you think it'll count the world as its equipment?
anyways this is a good excuse to go to Tomb of Horrors

It reached the ocean and we thought it was done, but it just kept going on the sea floor

does your DM have any past magic realm experiences? What were they?

Not at all
He has a bit of an habit of playing female Mary sues, but it doesn't show at all when dming

oh god, how fast is it?

if it got lead down a trench would it be able to get out?

you guys need to go back to that lich zone and find out if that vial had any special properties - if not glass may be able to contain it.

unless it's supposed to expand once it hits oxygen or something, and the vial was vacuum sealed.

Does antimagic field do anything to it?
Otherwise try to contact the gods, I think they won't be too happy to know something is going to eat all their worshipers.

>no clerics and fedoralord GM
No, you don't understand
The place's been leveled
It's completely ruined, not even the grass survived
The rock itself now looks all corroded 'n shit

>user was the slime the whole time.
This post did double damage

There is a trick that even called like this. It uses smallest possible animated objects that share space with allied character to always use Aid Another action.

Abandon the plane.

There's no hope.

How the hell did your party survive?

Tried teleporting It away? Somewhere that It wouldn't be able to get out of like some sort of other dimension or elemental plane.

You said the lich castle area os fucked up, but the ooze is not there anymore, só it's obviously not Infinite even If It IS expanding. Try to teleport It all at once, or find a way to hack It into pieces and do It to each separate area.

Alternatively, find yourselves a Genie or a Wish spell.

Or, If you're really desperate, summon a God to smite It. Remember that one Samurai Jack episode with the minions of set? If that thing is really destroying everything then surely at least some gods of nature are going to be pissed.

Alternatively, can you freeze it?

>no cleric and fedoralord GM
You have already lost this game, user.

Through the tried and tested "holy fuck it just ate our dog we need to gtfo"

>unrelentless?
Just wait till it gives up.
Sorry I couldn't resist.

Remember to cast something for acid immunity when dealing with it.

Chlorine trifluoride, aka the chemical formula for Satan. Ignites metal, glass, water, ashes and everything organic. Creates clouds of hydrochloric and hydrofluoric acid to mess you up worse. Cannot be extinguished.

I HAVE DONE NOTHING BUT TELEPORT BREAD FOR THREE DAYS.