''Having built my first Primaris Space Marine, I am suitably impressed...

''Having built my first Primaris Space Marine, I am suitably impressed. The changes made to their anatomy have made them, in my opinion, the definitive Space Marine models. Considering that they are not significantly larger than the older plastic Space Marines, when accounting for the addition of an abdomen and better leg attachment, I think they would be an excellent starting point to build an force of normal, non-Primaris Space Marines, provided the Bolters are modified. For those not wishing to shelve their old Space Marine models, however, these new Primaris Marines will look good alongside them too, such is their quality. But as a blog that primarily concerns itself with creating small groups of models focused on injecting as much realism as possible into Warhammer 40k, we have little reason to go back to those old plastic Space Marines (but value their contribution to the evolution of Space Marines), and welcome Games Workshop’s newest creation!''

>hello darkness my old friend starts playing

Other urls found in this thread:

betweenthebolterandme.blogspot.com/2017/06/primaris-space-marines-first-impressions.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Marinelets, when will they learn?

They really can't compete

Who are you quoting?

betweenthebolterandme.blogspot.com/2017/06/primaris-space-marines-first-impressions.html

More photos from the article

they do look really good though, odd lore justifications or not

They are probably one of the best things GW shat out as for later

Time to start putting Primaris heads on my 30K marines just to see the hardcore modelers sperg out.

Well, they have the same size. It would be more interesting to see what we will be able to do with the new boxed units of Primaris

I still think the old marines look better.

Actually, the Imperial Fist Colour Sheme looks kinda neat on Primaris Marines.

Possible you could bulk one up a bit to create Sons of Antaeus that have just adopted the Primaris identity as a cover for their own possibly heretical geneseed lineage.

I'm currently going to do up a small team with an Apothecary, though that means building a Narthecium that's Primaris sized from scratch.

I'm just going to continue true scaling. Nü-marines lack variance and their origin is pure heresy.

>The backpacks have little pauldrons on them.
Holy fuck that's hilariously retarded.

I got a free one, I'm in the process of building and painting him now.

>marinelets players coping mechanisms

What's your experience so far?

>I'm currently going to do up a small team with an Apothecary, though that means building a Narthecium that's Primaris sized from scratch.
I would probably wait for a boxed release user

So what do we call the obsolete marines now that the Super Space Marines are replacing them? Old-and-busted? Antiques? Dinosaurs? Living Fossils? Adeptus Forgetus?

>lack of variance
This kind of bugs me too. Part of what I like about having mk1-8 simultaneously in circulation and production is getting weird mixtures, customization and history in the models. Mixing in Mk3 parts for your assault marines, Mk4 for veterans, random studs on things, etc. gives it an extra layer of depth that appeals to my lore nerding. I hope its a thing that will eventually be incorporated into the Mk10 suits, but for now they're specifically suppose to be separate. Mk10 is modular within 10, but it limits options for conversions. Which seems like where they've been aiming anyway with standardization of models-to-art. You can do it yourself, which I'll probably end up doing, but its unfortunate its not as supported.

Manlets?

Thunder Warriors.

Yeah, but I love converting and am also impatient. It's likely a Command Squad box would be out in some months, but I've got six Primaris and a good deal of bits to convert from now.

I suppose I could just focus on doing up some minor aesthetic changes to the two others in the squad right now; but I've got to scratch that converting itch eventually.

Remember that we only saw basically snapfit chads for now. I'm sure they'll make them easier to modify with the next releases

Probably. Its wonky lore wise, because if they discontinue the older stuff its basically throwing out a lot of modeling potential due to a lack of cross compatibility with older armour, but I'm curious to see what they do to expand on the new stuff. I'm not overly optimistic about what gw is going to provide desu, but we'll see.

Am I the only one imagining small boxes with bits in them? Like you got one for older armours, others for specific chapters, a special weapons one and so on. You buy one and just mix it with your primaris

What bothers me more is how the fuck are we gonna manage to make the Gravis armor look decent?

I mean sure the termie armor was in need of a replacement but the gravis armor is terrible

>implying we won't see primaris terminator in like a month or two

I'm under the impression Mk10 armour isn't in-universe compatible with the older versions. That's just from reading shit on the internet and I'd be happy to be wrong about that though.

The other option is thinking of 40k more like a future historical wargame now. If you're doing an Age Of Apostasy or Badab campaign, you're going to use the older marines. So I'm going to keep my bits, I'm mostly just meandering about how its could be for new stuff.

I was debating between Blood Angels and Imperial Fists.

>I'm under the impression Mk10 armour isn't in-universe compatible with the older versions
I don't think they care that much, if it is profitable they'll do it

>Mfw already sold the meme marine half on ebay last night like 1 minute after I put it up.

GW did a good job because normies like this apparently. I'm however, a man of chaos

*Tips 8-pointed star*

Thats a goofy pose, looks like someone just painted a Wrack really shitty and forgot to give it a sword in the other hand

This is a good point.

I can also probably just calm the fuck down about my autism and model what looks cool. In universe post-indomitus crusade marines with more kitbashed and field repaired Mk10 could work.

One thing I don't like is that they lost a bit of their ''space knights'' kinda aura, but I think that using one of the older marines helmets should solve the issue.

He's turning his bulky mass around user

Snapfit Chads is now a new song name for my made up band.

You're welcome user

Please let it be the huge-pauldron'd Rogue Trader Terminator armor.

>6 months in the future
>new primaris releases come out
>people finally decide that it's now time to dump their marinelets
>market gets flooded
>you have to pay to get rid of the marinelets
>marinelets players commit sudoku

They aren't save for a few components, but I'm pretty sure that's just the pauldrons. Pauldrons have been stated by GW to be the exact same size as before, so you can still grab some Crimson Fist or Deathwatch upgrade packs and go wild on them.

That would be interesting for sure

>you have to pay GW to get rid of the marinelets
ftfy fampai

>that was their plan since the beginning

>space knights
objectively the worst dregs of the space marine aesthetic

Dat bulge :D

>I'm under the impression Mk10 armour isn't in-universe compatible with the older versions.

It is. They used an example of old Marines who upgrades to Primaris deciding to keep their trusty old helms.

>highlight on every edge
Is this a Games Workshop™ Citadel® Certified Artificer Painter™ Expert™?

The Chad's Nads.

>People sell off their Marinelets
>To people modifying them to play Chaos
>justasplanned.jpg

>I want my marines to look like generic sci-fi guys in power armour

>implying Chaos chads aren't the next thing coming

Chaos chads when?

I actually can't find any CSM legs that match those in the picture, and those I can find that are close are much closer to terminator legs than general SM legs. That's likely a conversion, though judging from the WHFB head piece, that's obviously the case. Also adds to your height when you're standing on a pile of shit or whatever that base is.

Post your masterpieces®.

If these are going to be the definite marines I wish they just port over the units to Primaris instead of creating stupid new shit like the fat flying marines with akimbo guns and their detailless gun shields.

They just don't look as iconic as the original ones.

Nice coping, comparing a starter box snap fit miniature with a normal one

Those aren't exactly the original Space Marines, these are.

I custom posed the legs. I chopped them apart, pinned them, and then GS'd the soft armor. On every. Single. Model.

And no, hes standing on the ground, heres a better picture of that same marine. I picked him specifically because he had his feet on the ground.

I meant the original style.

> INB4 they aren't actually the original either.

>mfw mad as fuck because muh Eldar STILL HAVE FUCKING RESIN ASPECT WARRIORS AND THE FUCKING MARINES GET TRUE SCALE CHAD MARINES FUCK GW AND FUCK SPACE MARINES PLASTIC FUCKING ASPECT WARRIORS WHEN

Eat your hamburgers Apollo

>tfw you have 40 dire avengers and around 50 other aspect warriors and realize thats now worth a small fortune.

delet this now

How many aspect warriors do you think would be a fair trade for a wraith titan?

I like them, mk 10 might even be my favourite power armour. They're larger too, so easier to paint.

For a person posting the worst girl, about 500.

>FW heads are completely compatible with Primaris marines.
Loyalist Iron Warrior Primarines are my next army then.

We need Primaris Johnny

So it looks like regular marine heads would work on primaris bodies then? The helmet is by far my least favourite part about the new models.

Objectively shit taste

Yes. It has already been confirmed by GW that helmets and pauldrons (once not-snapfit primaris come out) are perfectly compatible.

Johnny EVOLVED would be an excellent miniature.

>liking a psychotic german bitch who lusts after older men.

What's it like to have crippling autism and actually get offended by peoples opinion on toy soldiers?

>he wants a multiparts plastic set for his eldars
What do you want too, a blowjob?

Who doesn't?

>what you want
>what you'll get

it sucks

I actually find the idea of blowjobs to be utterly revolting.
Why would anyone do something so disgusting?
Mouths are filthy and full of bacteria.

Use mouthwash and brush your teeth, oh my god.

Because it feels good?

feels good m8

Hedonism is no excuse for anything.

it's definitely an excuse for blowjobs

Maybe you guys wouldn't be a dying race if you weren't so ay

Beating up people feels good too m8.

Most things are

gay*

Weren't you supposed to get one "free" Primaris test model in the June White Dwarf?

Yeah, that's why I fought for a little while.

>not ayyy

Next you'll say having a girl eat your ass is unsanitary you heathen.

>-lmao

Yeah, I can't wait to see the crazy things some people will do with the boxed set