Is Elric of Melnibone Veeky Forums approved?

Is Elric of Melnibone Veeky Forums approved?

If by approved you mean an approved bitch yeah.

No, Moorcock (more like more cock) is a faggot.

Fuck off stormbringer.

But yes.

Is Hawkwind?

Yeah, Moorcock is pretty damn good. Thoroughly enjoyed Elric saga, inspired alot of modern dark fantasy that I like just as much.

Do not speak his name, for it brings the autistic wrath of the Tolkienfags

Though Epic Pooh was a pretty shitty essay

Of course he is. Elric is the grandpappy of a lot of the stuff you see in tabletop fantasy. Which I guess makes Three Hearts and Three Lions another grandfather, and great-grandfather.

Fantasy gets incestuous as fuck at times.

>Though Epic Pooh was a pretty shitty essay

It was yes, but but no means does that detract from his ability to write good fiction.

I have this feeling that my luck is none too good....

That's too bad I really like Tolkien and I really like Elric. I find they fill too totally different niches in fantasy.
It would be nice if we could say Tolkien was good (or bad) at what he was trying to do and move on too create new our own stuff without feeling the need to imitate or subvert him.

I wouldn't read LotR for the red-blooded physicality of Conan or the high concept, cosmic melodrama of Elric.
I mean there are a lot of things to take sides and fight over but what fiction we like seems kind of dumb.

>It would be nice if we could say Tolkien was good (or bad) at what he was trying to do

This is retarded, Tolkien did not set out to create what he did. They began as stories to tell children, they were never going to have crippling endings that depressed and explored the mystery of the human condition.

Moorcock was, he was all about high minded concepts and exploring authority. Comparing the two of them together is futile, retarded and should be held in contempt.

They have both had a massive influence on fantasy and science fiction, Tolkien more so given that it is often the first fantasy book young adults read.

>I have this feeling that my luck is none too good....

user listens to good music

Honestly, I thought it had a point, even Moorcock is too full of himself.

Moorcock actually though highly of Tolkien's work on a technical level, he just thought it was bland escapism. I defy anyone to say with a straight face that's wrong.

this sword here at my side don't act the way it should...

What amazes me is how shamelessly chaos was lifted out of the saga for Warhammer. Like, GW wasn't even trying to hide it.

It's wrong. Moorcock and Stephen King are shit hacks and desperately envious of Tolkien and Howard

I see your Elric and raise you a Fafnid and Grey Mouser

In Rogue Trades there was an Inquisitor named Sherlock Oi Wan Closeau. He had a YinYang amulet. That was old GW, mate.

So, asking the big question here:

Should I drop Stormbringer on my players?

Ill Met in Lankhmar is my favorite pulp fantasy story. It would make a fantastic movie.

>Fafnid

Old Elric is just an embryonic form of Jorge Ancrath.