I like Shadowrun's universe but I really hate the rules

I like Shadowrun's universe but I really hate the rules.

What other system can I use to replace shadowrun's shitty one ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7RT4yZI-JoI&list=PLYSecr3PvKGJcbyykNJP-YIIG8B3Rhreg
hacktheshadows.mageblade.org/
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BzeOkUYkhGYNUWlva2txbDEwTTQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Literally any system.

Cyberpunk 2020, the game it's a ripoff of.

Savage Worlds, FATE, or the obligatory GURPS suggestion. I'm pretty sure there's an Apocalypse World hack out there for cyberpunk, so you might be able to swing that if it's your thing.

Might I also suggest Barbarians of Lemuria? It'd be dead easy to modify to fit within the Shadowrun verse.

We can't make a recommendation if you don't tell us what kind of rules you like, OP, or what you dislike about Shadowrun. Do you like crunch? Do you hate it? Do you like pink mohawk or black trenchcoat? How detailed do hacking, driving/chase, etc. rules need to be for you?

I'm throwing my recommendation in anyways: GURPS with Ultra-Tech for all of the cyberpunk and Dungeon Fantasy 3 for racial templates you can lift wholesale/modify for your shitty urban fantasy with cyberware setting.

Literally anything that's not a over-bloated mess of rules like Shadowrun's

GURPS has lots of rules, many optional, and it's definitely not a mess, but I get the feeling you're not the type that likes many rules. Savage Worlds could do it, and Interface Zero 2.0 has a lot of stuff pre-made for you. I don't play anything lighter than Savage Worlds, so I can't recommend any systems that aren't rules-medium.

No, no, no. You're being too vague, either if you're baiting or actually asking.

Since you're targeting Shadowrun, the system even Shadowrun players know is shit, I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt. Otherwise I'd suggest you change targets. Shadowrun fsns aren't going to give you the reaction you want.

Now, the basic tenets of Shadowrun are Combat, infiltration, as well as Magic, Cyberspace, and the interaction between the two.

So, to simplify your order, OP is looking for a system that has:

1. Racial stats(dragons, goblinification, etc.) Choosing to play a fantastical race should have meaning beyond fluff.
2. A good Combat system wherein cybernetics, guns, and swords can all be used with a degree of utility.
3. A decent magic system.
4. A decent Diving system, which can interact at some level with the Magic system without one replacing the other.
5. Meaningful rules for infiltration, stealth, and other abilities.

There. Find a system that fits these tenets and you've got yourself a game.

Shadowrun Anarchy is a rules light version of Shadowrun

>laying out all these rules
>not just saying "cyberpunk 2020 + community magic additions"

OP here if I wanted to bait the fans of a game for his overwhelming system I would have picked the easy target which is G.U.R.P.S

never heard of it, is it good ?

Anarchy is shit. It guts important options while still being a convoluted mess of a system. It's as "Rules Light" as D&D to top it all off.

Cypher System
Nerdarchy's: youtube.com/watch?v=7RT4yZI-JoI&list=PLYSecr3PvKGJcbyykNJP-YIIG8B3Rhreg

Cortex Plus
hacktheshadows.mageblade.org/

I ran a oneshot in FAE and it worked okay.

Been planning to run an Overwatch inspired game in The Sprawl (vanilla cyberpunk PbtA, there's also one that's closer to SR called Sixth World IIRC) + Strike! for the set piece battles. Could try any of the Interface Zero adaptations as well.

>community magic additions
Just use Ianus' psionics shit.

There are some decent Fate rules and there is also Sixth World

Some guy is mixing Shadowrun 1E with Blades in the Dark, I haven't looked too much into it but from what I've seen it seems promising.

Give it a look: drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BzeOkUYkhGYNUWlva2txbDEwTTQ

TechNoir has some damn interesting (and fun, IMO) rules. Not certain how you would add magic to it, though, and that's obviously a big part of the world.

Fate could work, but if you're not comfortable with its mechanics then try Fate Accelerated instead. Same core concepts but simplified a lot, and it's often easier to inject in a few more complicated options than it is to make sure everybody new to Fate is able to 'get' it.
And then of course, any of the more technically built universal toolkit games would work; GURPS, etc.

M&M

I mean, one of the issues I had was that it combined Magic, cyber stuff, and matrix stuff as just 'shadow amps'

They made it so you don't have as many skills, with just a focus on the ones you need for combat and such, assuming the convoluted skills come packaged with the general ones.

Playing the actual game was easy in terms of crunch. Combat takes a lot less time. It was just getting used to the character creation, which the book had spread through the entirety of its length, that I had issue with.

>one of the issues I had was that it combined Magic, cyber stuff, and matrix stuff as just 'shadow amps'
How is this an issue? You still can't use magic without being awakened and you can't use cyber without a deck.

I agree with you on everything else though. It seems like Anarchy is specifically targeted at shadowrun players who want less rules bloat. If you e never played shadowrun before it feels very incomplete.