Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

40k players can't do simple math edition
all gay primarchs will be released first sub edition

>FAQ
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Leaks:
mega.nz/#F!3odCTLCa!5Jc-zB2-JJcYlT55L6FN8g
>CHAOS INDEX: s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=42492327752258854809

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>8th Edition FAQ:
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!ToIUlLiR!o91HYGSY9WBNpei5P_2bTw
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>7th Ed 40k rules reference in wiki format:
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>WIP Math-hammer doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Roster Builder
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#!/rosterCreator

Are plastic sisters gonna be a thing or am I going to have to convert minis? I will not pay $120 for 10 girls

Yes, they need to be paid for. Inquisitor Lord Rex is 100 points, without wargear costs. He has a named weapon (which costs 0) a Bolt Pistol, Storm Shield and Frag and Krak grenades.

hows the 40k scene in Hamburg and Kassel Germany? gonna be bouncing around those two cities for the next couple weeks and was hoping to at least get my indexes bought and watch a game or something

Dammit, hit the end of last thread. Reposting....

Do Combi-Plasmas Supercharge?

I say no, but my metagaming bastard buddy thinks they do, just because it says "See plasma gun" in the Wargear entry.

Help me prove to him that he is wrong.

5th for Sisters a QT!

Take a look at Grishnak.

Anyone actually met any salty T'au players in real life yet?

I think you are gonna be paying that much till people stop jerking off on plastic models of grills

plastic sisters have been teased for months and months, at this point its pretty obvious they will eventually be announced this year but no-one knows when
or GW is just teasing new sisters to increase the bluebells of their dwindling fanbase because they hate money and live off hate

They do, yes.

It's literally just a plasma gun. It works exactly how it does.

fuck off tranny shitsters of basshole are fucking garbage

the better question is to ask who hasn't

Does it seem a little unbalanced to be able to plonk Jump Pack units down wherever you want 9" away from the enemy in your first movement phase?

I feel like the game is intentionally nudging me towards turn 1 charges.

They can supercharge. that's why they have the "see plasma gun" in their abilities. Otherwise they could just leave it blank.

>just because it says "See plasma gun" in the Wargear entry
What more do you need?

assault armies needed buffs like that since they still have to soak up overwatch and the charge isn't super likely even with a reroll

Yes, that is the point, user. Unlimited overwatch and universal hit and run are things for this reason.

>90 points
>up to six models can fire from any point on the vehicle
>can take second heavy flamer for 17 more points (or 2 points for second storm bolter instead)

So for 3 more points than an immolator you get 2 more wounds (with no change to damage table), +1 WS, the dozer ram, 6 firing ports, +4 capacity, the option to split the fire on flamer, and a storm bolter. But you lose assault on the flamer and 4" range for it, as well as the ability to transport non-SoB models. And of course can't take twin multi-melta or heavy bolters.

So, which sororitas squad is best in a bunker on wheels? 5 storm bolter dominions? 4 heavy flamer retributors+combi superior burning shit as their transport charges into melee?

Reaching the charge distance isn't a sure thing though.

Drop pods are great for getting your troops right to an objective though.

Happy to be proven wrong, thanks. Wish they'd put Supercharge in the Combi Plasma entry as well though for dumfucks like me.

For the last time, if you're gonna force this meme the term "Fisters of Butthole" flows 100x better.

I'm considering reducing the amount of terrain we use because of it, due to charging not needing LoS anymore.

I'd say the toilet is your best bunker on wheels for those shitsters

okay Veeky Forums
dubs decides the one group of 40k players that get thrown out of helicopters with the start of 8th

man faced
worthless
shisters of basshole

Tau obviously

Maybe it's just me but she is really popping that booty out for whatever filthy Xeno or Daemon is sneaking up behind her.

>mfw reading Forge World Imperial Armour rules as well
>my bro Loth is no longer the sex machine he was

I'm hurt. Also, pretty sure some of these are new guys. Maybe I can't remember. Also, Tyberos has a +1S 6" aura for Carachadon units. So essentially a Blood Chalice.

>What sniper can take down Gulliman in a reasonable number of turns

Vindicator Assassin.

>The Vindicare can't put out enough damage to-

Vindicator Assassin. A Vindicare piloting a Vindicator with a Turbo-Penetrator shells.

ok, if you had a disease and you the only way it was cured was to make lore friendly female space marines, how would you do it

Whiners.

Tau

Jump Pack units don't also get to make their normal movement after they make their 'Jump Pack Assault' descent, right?

Everyone with an unpainted riptide.

its because artists can only draw sisters three ways
>muh sexualized nun waifu
>muh rugged battle-scared warrior woman
or
>both

Read the rules moron

Redditors

No. GW literally says this is the most shooty based edition yet. Seeing as 6th was Gun Lines: Edition and 7th was Gun Lines: EXTREME: Edition, 8th is Gun Lines: EXTREME HYPER MAX COSMOS TIER: Edition.

probably start booking for hospice

n my headcanon, the forgotten Second Legion are the Daughters of Eve, the only female Primarch. The Legion possess a serious genetic flaw - they do not produce geneseed. When they're dead, they are dead, and there's no replacements. Foreseeing their doom and accepting their fate, Eve and the Second Legion are frozen and entombed deep inside Terra, waiting for the call of the Emperor to rise for the final battle.

>chaos figured out how to double their recruitment numbers to become even more of a legion

Done.

Okay man but it's never gonna catch on if you can't bring yourself to use a catchy term instead of your barely pronounceable forced word salad.

You, for wanting to have people killed. :^)

Die from the disease

How the FUCK is this the most shooty edition ever? Melee is actually great now.

Everyone who plays a loyalist first founding chapter except the salamanders

shut the fuck up dummy

Germans are still all at work digga
they as a race are allergic to NEET-dom

They're unclear. The fact that I need to put them down at the end of my movement phase just tells me that all of my units currently on the table need to have already moved.

It's counter-intuitive to move jump pack units after their Jump Pack Assault, but the rules don't tell me this explicitly.

Your time is up reddit. Get into the helicopter.

girlyman learns about the sensei and tracks one down, said sensei is also a girl, this sensei is treated like a primarch and is giver her own chapter using her geneseed, since it uses her gene seed, this chapter can also recruit girls as well as men
the female armor looks the same on the outside, the only real difference is on the inside

Because melee being better doesn't preclude shooting also being way stronger (which it is)

Fuck you, Ultramarines are the best.

500 worlds of Ultramar are the best fucking place in the Imperium and we have the objectively best Primarch, and the Indomitus Crusade was launched by us and fuck you, user.

but you do have a disease

autogynephilia

That's true.

Although I imagine at the very least all Militant Sisters probably have pretty fit sisters and are in great shape, and that alone can make someone considerably more attractive,

Unless they got slapped hard with the butter face gene I'd think most Sisters would at least be 6.5/10.

That's what GW said. Said it's the most dakka edition yet in White Dwarf. Assault might be better now, but it still outright better to shoot. There are very few units that can do S10 hits and I am unaware of any infantry units that can do more than that. Mephiston could if he was next to a Blood Chalice. Yet there are plenty of S10+ range weapons. Or range weapons which are just outright superior to assault.

I thought about this the other day actually.

Cawl labored in secret for ten millennia to make his Primaris Marines; in those same years, a heretic tech-priest magos ran off with the stolen gene-seed of fallen space marines from various battles of the Horus Heresy.

He worked in secret to produce utterly loyal slave warriors of the same caliber as a space marine, but always failed. He finally turned his work down a darker path yet - the corruption of the gene-seed away from its origins as the genetic material of the God-Emperor and into the vehicle of Slaanesh's gifts.

So then did this heretek magos produce a gene-seed capable of producing utterly loyal and ruthless killing machines, though in the bargain they became female from the unholy tampering which had occurred.

>playing a chapter literally designed to appeal to 10 year olds with no critical thinking skills

Had a battle against tau tonight and we both had more fun that we have had in a long time.

I am loving the new rules. Flying creatures can fall back and shoot. Our suits are high toughness and we have lots of wounds and there is no sweeping advance so we live though combat and jump out of it. Manta strike sets you up for some great alpha strikes. Gun drones are powerhouses and can take nasty multi damage wounds for your suits.

New tau can play some fun in your face mid range shooting.

>mfw saying Guard and Orks are top tier armies isn't a shitpost anymore

Shooting might still be stronger, but it's less shooty based on the fact that melee focus is usable, you understand?

Melee was not viable in 7th.

well i mean at least the rides are free so redditors don't have to fork over their NEETBUX

Taufags and TTSfags BTFO

two words
deamon - cubala

the truth doesn't need to be catchy, shitty asshole

Melee took a huge nerf with the loss of two weapon bonus and charge bonus.

Actually -getting there- was buffed due to movement stats and transports, but that's not really the same bloody thing, is it.

anyone who has ever genuinely considered using power levels

My toilet doesn't have wheels though, just flamethrowers.

read the rules again you fucking idiot

The 500 worlds are a bunch of plague-ridden cesspits were nobody can remember anything more than insufficient rations and mass conscription, waiting around to die just as Papa Nurgle likes it.

It's so typical of Ultramarians to think they are hot shit when they live in an even more warp-tainted 'realm' (there's only realm faggot, the Emperor's) than even everywhere else.

I meant that shooting in 8th is stronger than it was in 7th, not that it's way stronger than melee. They're calling it the shootiest edition ever based on the fact that most armies can blow you off the table in 2 turns if you skimp on LOS-blocking terrain

whats the easiest way to derail a 40kg thread?
asking for a friend

Guess you've been eating taco bell

Don't forget to flush

I have them right in front of me. 'Idiot' is not an explanation.

I'm beginning to think you're just wrong.

talk about trannies

say that they're not mentally ill

deny reality

works everytime

mention traps

Do nothing. Wait.

There's a dedicated shitposter for mentioning reddit/tts and another for mentioning sisters.

So those. Just keep arguing with him when he replies every time.

The fact they come down at the end of the movement phase is intended to imply that once they have, said phase is over. It's ambiguously worded though

Oh for sure. Shooting is still better. Sucks if you're a BA player. All your unique shit is essentially assault and just isn't very good. Unless you play them as different colour vanilla Marines, you will lose quite rapidly to most factions. They will rape you seven ways to the warp and back with shooting which is superior in every way.

i wish /pol/ would stay in /pol/ for once

Bravo, make sure to try to move after deep striking in every game you play you fucking illiterate piece of human garbage.

Just as predicted.
Stay mad tranny

Does if you want it to catch on.

Disgusting tranny you've got there

That's exactly my point. That interpretation makes the most sense, but there is nothing in the rules I can unambiguously point out when someone tries to move after descending.

That's one ugly dude.

Look at the reinforcements sidebar.

Suck my loyal dick, Nurglite shitbag. Guilliman is coming for you. The global campaign is going to blow you the fuck out.

You got two systems, by the way. The rest is fucking Utopian.

There we go.

call down shitty asshole

>Every woman is a trap

Anons, seek help.

Whenever I'm playing my Sisters of Battle on TTS with my friends from reddit, I always pretend they're qt traps. Anyone else?

Newfag here, can someone help me with building an AdMech army? How should I go about doing this?

>woman