Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Conscript spam edition

>FAQ
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Leaks:
mega.nz/#F!3odCTLCa!5Jc-zB2-JJcYlT55L6FN8g
>CHAOS INDEX: s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=42492327752258854809

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>8th Edition FAQ:
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!ToIUlLiR!o91HYGSY9WBNpei5P_2bTw
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>7th Ed 40k rules reference in wiki format:
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>WIP Math-hammer doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Roster Builder
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#!/rosterCreator

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13229754
mega.nz/#!sHB3hICa!84Tk2HnwPNVXKCcLV0I1SJbihVVJ3xJSW5dIbCMlV2s
youtube.com/watch?v=iKIAMAqGNIY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

1st for Guardians of the Covenant

best commisar model or best commisar model?

great pic, nice edition

How many Plasma Calivers does the Skitarii Ranger set come with?

So, where the fuck are the FW astartes leaks?

Is there anything worth a damn that Eldar Rangers can kill? No hordes yet in my local meta.

Dominions or Seraphim?

Pretty proud of it

Did you try the archive?

-1 BS makes gets hot to work on 1s AND 2s

Lovely edition this, so fluffy

Ive heard Tau were going to be shit but they seem pretty good

Really good, in fact

I think they might be top tier

Any leaks of FW Xenos yet?

FW Chaos index, no imperium one

Hm. Would it be a good idea to put 2 plasma calivers into a single Vanguard unit or is that way too costly?

FW stuff won't leak until release date, which is in a week.

Pretty sure that's not what the FAQ said

i got it this morning, so itds there, you just have to git gud

how do YOU feel about chad marines? vote below

strawpoll.me/13229754

Everyone is top tier. T'au just don't have undercosted big guns anymore, and getting BS4 is harder for them, but that's it.

So if the last thread taught us anything it's that all trannies should be beaten to death with no less than thirty shoes.

How do we feel about plasma acolytes?
Quarry combined with cheap 3w acolytes seems bullshit.

Naw man. Swarms are the hot shit right now. Guardsmen, Orks, and Tyranids are your leaders now.

Just another flavor of shit marine. 40k would be better off without them.

I guess they're a slightly worse tasting flavor of shit compared to marinlets.

everyone but gws new poster boys who get rekt every game of dark imperium lel. why did they do that to themselves?

If you roll a 1 or something that counts as a 1 after all re-rolls and modifiers, you get hot.

Anyone?

They seem cool. I like that crawl is going to make new alpha legion prime marines

Will there be Chad grey knights?

Does the Astopaths +1 save power affect invulns too? I like the silly idea of a mixed group of 1+/3++ Bulgryns

What is the exact wording on the power?

Who /boyz/ here?

I have 2 egg cartons full waiting at home for me to prime them

Not for the foreseeable future.

Characters. Y'know, what you'd immediately assume snipers would be good at.

>strawpoll.me/13229754
Like we did not had enough fucking marines.

Plascals got a fair bit cheaper and now without the risk of slagging yourself every time you fire it I say go for it if you've got the points spare.

mega.nz/#!sHB3hICa!84Tk2HnwPNVXKCcLV0I1SJbihVVJ3xJSW5dIbCMlV2s
Someone put this in the mega already, or put this link in the OP as I have posted it 4 times already

Sadly do not have my index but it's the Telepathica power list.

>he got it this morning
>doesn't post a link

It affects armor or invulnerability saves, but not anything else.

Didn't they say one Primarch will be redeemed and one fall?

I predict Fulfrim will be released from possession when Slaanesh is killed by Ynnead, redeeming the Emporers Children.

I then predict that the Dark Angels fall.

I've been trying to keep up to date with rumours and dates etc but not seen this yet; Any word on when primaris marines will be getting individual unit releases?

Slaanesh isn't dying. Instead we're going to get a faction of elves that have given themselves over to chaos and become useful servants in the hope of bribing their way out of damnation.

Is there an epub of the imperium forces FW index available to download?

>Didn't they say one Primarch will be redeemed and one fall?

If by "they" you mean "some shitposter" then yes.

Its int the trove. In fact its the only FW book in there.

They take off 1 wounds per round on average. That's good? For 100pts?

Nobody knows.
Though I think they'll have Death Guard first, and even then only after about a months ggrace period for Dark Imperium to sell.

>One shall stand, one shall fall
said Optimus Prime.

didn't fulgrum already get un fucked back during the heresy? he trapped the demon in a mirror?

Could you clarify for me? Are you saying that YES the Slabshields would be 1+ and the Brute Shields 3+ in the targeted unit or just one of my choice?

Maximum unit size is gone and models in a unit get stronger based on if there's 20+ models in the unit (+1 to hit or +1 attack, that sort of thing).
What army is now top tier?

I mean i dowloaded it from tg this morning numb nuts

Guard.

>youtube.com/watch?v=iKIAMAqGNIY

Guard was always top tier

Has the vindicator laser destroyer completely replaced the normal vindicator?

>tfw Orks are good
Time to sell all those space yiff, crimson fists, and Skitarii models I've been hoarding

Guys, I'm new and need help for a small list: I have dark vengeance CSM army as base. What would you sugest to build for 500 point build? Especially with the 20 cultist. If meat shield, what could they cover for?

You add 1 to all saving throw rolls. IIRC though, a roll of 1 is always a failure, but it would allow you to ignore some AP.

honestly all the commissary models look pretty great, my favorite remains the one mid execution with his hand behind his back holding the swagger stick.

It's just such a great pose. Plus I like his more down to earth look compared to some if the more blinged out models that are clearly meant to be lord commissars.

So, wait, deep striking and infiltrating faggots can now charge turn one?

Yep.

Yes, though they need to roll a 9 so on average they'll eat overwatch for nothing.

REEEEEEEEEEEE

if you can get the crimson slaughter expansion if not, you can never go wrong with a chaos terminator lords cadre

Yes. But that is not even close to be as devastating as before.
No bonus attacks on the charge, no double weapons extra attack, no deathstars, a fairly long charge and if you survive (most often than not) you can then just fall back and shoot them in the face.

You still get Overwatch and Walk away gunfag.

Are you trying to make people on Veeky Forums cringe? Because you're succeeding. What's the problem?

>slightly higher than normal
Bleh.

You can't fire if you fall back.

So yes it'll boost BOTH shield types at the same time. That was my confusion. Thanks

Is there an epub of the rulebook that isn't the file from the OP available to download? The one in the OP does not work for me.

Who makes the best blood pact conversions, and what would be some fun list ideas for them could win some friendly games?

With other units of course. Unless you have FLY.

>Swarms are the hot shit right now.
T'au have Kroot. A 20 xeno strong horde of snipers. It is just that almost no T'au have them in their army yet.

Brethren!

So don't hide people in the back more than 9" from terrain or the edge of the map. It means they're more likely than not going to fail, get shot at in overwatch, then get shot again in the shooting phase as people move away and they have to move up and try again. Positioning matters.

I was actually thinking about my shining spears who are shit unless they charge themselves.
Good. Good.

Tau have a lot of good anti-swarm tools.

Their basic infantry have pulse rifles with S5 and 3 shots each in 15" rapid fire range with a Fireblade nearby (18" if you have a pulse accelerator drone)

Stormsurges with rerollable overwatch, and interceptor, provides a huge zone where you just can't deep strike + charge.

Smart positioning lets you fire overwatch with your whole army when you get charged.

Sunshark bombers doing ~5 mortal wounds reliably every turn to a squad with 10 or more models.

Free fall back from combat with most units

Grav inhibitor drones reducing enemy charges, stacked with the right scenery can be devastating to enemy charge rolls. Trying to make a 8" charge to avoid flamer overwatch is tough enough, but when there's a grav drone and they are in woods you have -3 to -4 on your charge roll. Very unlikely you will make it into melee.

Markerlights let them focus fire like no other army. Get in the right position and use Kauyon to give your entire army rerollable hits, stack those markerlights easily, and unleash destroyer/seeker missiles and a volley of fire.

I think once people get used to the new tau we might see them in the top tier along with those armies you mentioned.

Yeah that one is missing some data, it's a damaged file.

Oh also, I want an excuse to buy a thunderbolt, can they take those?

Unless you have an issue with their poses/current lack of variety, there is no reason to dislike the models. Their size and proportions are flatly superior.

Only DV, huh? Well, I suppose you could scrap WYSIWYG and just say your 5 Chosen have combi-plasmas. That's 155 pts for 10 plasma and 10 bolted rapid fire shots. Keep them near the lord for his reroll aura. The rest of the DV Chaos force is crap.

Pulse rifles are shit, ap 0.

this post made me moist

this is the edition I get into T'au

So people who have them buy some tanks so they can win..

>moist
>when tau got cucked
Weebs everyone.

>Kauyon

>Cow yawn

so he was correct. shooting models with a -1bs to hit them makes you get hot on 1 and 2s.
Even if this is in the faq people will never never understand it and there will be so much nerdrage

I don't know any bad commissar model. Even pic related looks great if you can accentuate the fact he's an old, thin commissar.

I agree fully, outstanding taste sir. Though at least half of the last general would disagree from what i was reading

Darn, is there another floating about or do we play the waiting game?

So? You're shooting at hordes of enemies with terrible saves, you don't need AP

Mass volume of AP0 shots is much better than a handful of AP2 shots when dealing with blobs of save 5+/6+ models

>not considered WAAC anymore
>cucked

now who is the powergaming sperg? how is that greytide of conscripts coming?

I can't find the allies chart, can Eldar and Tau ally? Since they are both xenos, are they "unassigned"?

I've been going with Seraphim. Flankers don't actually flank now so it doesn't feel as useful, it lacks the "Surprise fucker!" part now. Dominions have higher range on their guns and vanguard, but still feel like they require a transport and the more range is meaningless in the face of Seraphim having double/quadruple their movement as fly.

So, Seraphim:
>Don't need a vehicle to do their job
>Have the same number of melta shots (unless you combi-melta on dom superior)
>Have more bolt shots
>AoF double move means more to them
>Fly so can move over terrain/models, can fall back and fire
>Combination of the last two makes it easier to get within that melta double die damage range
>High move+fly also lets you position perfectly to assassinate characters (which melta is amazing for, due to their incredible profile that doesn't get any worse as a pistol)
>3+ WS instead of 4+
>Can fire every weapon they have in melee combat
>Their faith invuln is rerollable
>Can deep strike, if you feel like it
>Don't lose special weapons or sergeant until 3rd and 4th unsaved wound, a 2 sister squad is still just as good at busting tanks/assassination
>Synergy with Celestine from her bonus AoF, +1 to their rerollable invuln, and being a character (can soak anti tank shots for her and put them on meh bolt sisters)
>Special weapons are cheaper, so overall unit is cheaper
>Are uniquely cool as fuck and distinctly SoB

Dominions:
>More range
>Can be in a transport
>Vanguard
>Can take combi weapons
>Better flamers and can take storm bolters
>Superior can take any power weapon, not just power sword
>Not weak to anti-air weapons

Wonder if I missed anything.

Played firstish game of 8th Saturday with some top tier strategy what about you anons? And show me army and games pics if you got them
I'm waiting to batrep my actual first game but this was just a 500pt quick one

The best part is that everyone thinks Tau are shit and you wont be called a WAAC powergamer for playing them

is the Guard one out?