What was the last block that wasn't pic related? For me it's RtR

What was the last block that wasn't pic related? For me it's RtR.

>rtr
>the block with Dragon's Maze

I really enjoyed theros desu

>Overcosted creatures and two decks in the meta: the block

Lorwyn/Shadowmoor
The game never really recovered from the trainwreck of Alara

I'm quite liking Amonkhet and Kaladesh. Playing a Golgari deck has never been more fun, what with the ability to artifact-hate, the new zombie stuff, and cycling being a thing again.

After that... I think the only one that I really, really liked... Time Spiral.

Magic's always been a garbage fire desu.

SoI was really fun in limited and had some interesting constructed options. It was probably the last block that wasn't garbage.

BFZ, KLD, AMK blocks have all been trash, KTK was not the best ever, but it was not garbage. Theros was obviously awful but I think pre-Theros I'd struggle to think of any really terrible block since like, Prophecy maybe?

Amonkhet was fun and so was Theros. The rest were pic related

Shit went to hell when they threw out the batch system and added the stack meme.

Well, if we go by the way things rotated, KTK-FRF was a decent block.

No, the game died the day they stopped printing ABUR duals

Original Innistrad is one of my favorite sets. Easily up there with original Ravnica and Lorwyn. Nothing will ever match Time Spiral though. Ravnica/Time Spiral/Lorwyn was a magical time. Innistrad nearly brought me back to that.

legions, once mirrodin hit it all started to slope down

I legitimately liked Return to Innistrad, even though the standard meta was trash and there were zero (0) good reprints.

>liking Legions

Legions was the set that made me quit Magic for a decade. As soon as they showed that the prerelease foil was going to be Feral Throwback I threw up in disgust and quit the game.

everything went to shit after alara, and alara had its flaws

>not liking the best tribal block in magics history

Tribal is inherently shit because half the printed cards no longer have the creature type that's printed on them and you have to constantly look up the fucking Oracle text on a tablet when there's a tribal anything happening in a format that's not Standard.

Look can we just agree that the game's downward spiral started during Mirage pretty much

yeah goblins and elves sure do apply to that arguement

Original Innistrad.

Came back during Scars, vomited in disgust, and nearly left again, but the rumors of the next set kept me going.

Theros seemed kinda neat but to be honest I can't even remember the last few years of MtG. That's how little the new sets have impacted me.

Oh right, I forgot that those two are the only tribes that exist in the game. My bad.

Like, for some reason I thought there were dozens but guess I'm wrong.

the main two tribes of the block your complaining about you nitwit

There was no "main two" tribes, there was a shitload of tribes all jumbled together. Green had Beasts in addition to Elves. Wizards and Clerics were tribes for some stupid fucking reason. Soldiers were a tribe, Zombies were a tribe. It was just all sorts of dumb shit all over.

And granted, the Oracle text problem wasn't an issue back then because that was before they errata'd half the god damn creatures in the game to be something that's not written on them, but it sure as fuck makes any kind of tribal mechanic absolute trash NOW.

I started playing in onslaught and for me the last block that wasn't hot garbage was either:
>Scars of Mirrodin
>Innistrad (the original one)
I sadly had to stop playing magic during innistrad for a while and only played on occasion until I started consistently again with amonkhet. I think amonkhet is pretty fun to draft but the generally muted power level and the power gap between the mythics/rares over the commons/uncommons are definitely noticeably affecting the experience.
Am I off base with any of this? Are any of you finding that the power level of cards and the power gap between cards has affected your experience with the game? In what ways?

I like Kaladesh only because my Vehicle deck quickly became the deck I have the most fun with.
SoI/EM I enjoyed from a lore and art standpoint. Mechanically I enjoyed seeing some new flip cards and I will never complain about getting more human soldiers, especially new versions of my favorites.
I do agree overall that RtR was the last great block.

I didn't really play, but I think Khans is one of the better sets in a long time. Reminded me a lot of Zendikar power wise, and had an interesting feel to the cards. Everything after seems like Wizards hit their head and forgot how to make a decent set.

Khans was fantastic, but Fate Reforged and Dragons were kind of meh

Fiery temper

RTR without DGM. If they had started the two-block paradigm there, RTR, Theros, and Khans all would have been better.