Previous thread: >>53867581

Previous thread: Thread summary incoming
>Thread FAQ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8 ()

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (not updated since January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp ()

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub ()
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>STUFF ANONS ASK FOR
www49.zippyshare.com/v/aYWlVV9f/file.html
www32.zippyshare.com/v/heDZWytT/file.html

>Crimson King
www38.zippyshare.com/v/hT9jpwsK/file.html

>NEW Mega Folder
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A

Other urls found in this thread:

deremilitari.org/2014/06/the-art-of-war-under-chinggis-qahan-genghis-khan/
deremilitari.org/2014/07/the-mongols-in-the-west/
regimental-standard.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

1st for the commons, who must be terrified while marines marine, daemons daemon and primarchs primarch on their planets.

Thread summary, as promised:

In the previous thread the ages old IW-IF rivalry had another bout, the (planned) fate of the primarchs and their legions was discussed, user declared race war on the White Scars, and more!

First for this is the best /general/. Love you guys
except for femarch posters

Yeah it was pretty clear it was just for rule of cool than anything else (which is disconcertingly becoming more and more common in the books) but what you gonna do?

didn't there used to be a Black Library Mega that had all the Audiobooks? Has anyone remade that, looking for the last few HH audiobooks

Write a strongly worded letter of protest! No, I won't. Other than that, it was a good story. I just hope they got it out of their system and don't overdo it.

One thing they did overdo: breaking backs over knees.
>Russ to Magnus
>the Lion to Curze
>Sanguinius to Ka'Bandha
>Horus to the Emperor

I'm guessing Gav will forget about that scene and have Luthor break the Lion's back over his knee when Caliban rolls around.

RIP wallet

That's mah boy! Two Galatus and ten Sagittarum later and I regret NOTHING.

They're beautiful models.

We literally have BL book about whether it was just to gas Cthonia, IIRC Malcador was fine, dorn was not amused

Was today a success for transmarines!?!

I made this in paint to honor our banana painted boys from the previous thread.

>tfw totalled up everything you need want to buy and it's loads

>tfw i can't spoiler greentext

It doesn't seem Dorn-ish to flinch away from removing such an immediate threat to Terra. Didn't Cthonia get Alderaaned after the Heresy anyway?

On this note I've been really itching to build a Red Talons themed list. What would be the best way to represent them? Orbital Assault like in the tactical assault moon story? Do they have any notable assets that should be represented besides Gorgon termies and Mor himself?

They have a contemptor that's been around since the Heresy so I'd include him.

they have a leviathan and probably loads of those angry breacher fuckers. Lots of flyers as Mor favours fast moving insertion attacks.

What's the dread kitted out with? From the art it looks like a conversion beamer

Someone make an edit of this or remind me next weekend as I'll be free then

Maybe I should take Mor and his Gorgon retinue in a Caestus Assault Ram to get that best of both worlds tank and flyer...

Yeah, they blew up all the traitor homeworlds that hadn't already been blown up. (Okay, it was often a mere scouring rather than exploding the planet.)

While looking up what happened I got a link titled "Colchis, land of the golden fleece." An old kingdom in what's now Georgia (the Georgia that Stalin was from, not Coca-Cola). One of the first to practice circumcision. The description of 40k Colchis in The First Heretic kind of matches. It broke up after being bombarded after the Heresy.

Chemos was bombed and quarantined. Chthonia was bombed, not much info given. No info at all about Barbarus but I'm not sure it could be made any worse. We all know what happened to Prospero, and Nostramo and Olympia were destroyed by their own primarchs.

The Blood Ravens' homeworld is "Cyrene Secundus"???

>Someone make an edit of this
I don't really know what you were looking for but here you go.

With or without shoulderpad

With shoulder pad, and a new arm. Astartes bionics are bulkier than that.

With shoulder pad but keep the arm. The skeletal bionics look really cool.

>bionics are of uniform construction and design across all legions and even individual techmarines

>implying a blood angels praetor wouldnt have a more elegant bionic arm
>implying you wont take what you can get when you have an arm ripped off 3 weeks into the siege of Terra and have to get back to the wall before traitor shits overrun you

If the blood ravens got a home world in DoW3 I'm pissed
Also circumcision would first be practiced in the Fertile Crescent because you require civilisation to develop the tools for those practices.
Georgia the US state is based off King George 1 of England founding it.
Also Herodotus had a right laugh making two iberias and two Albanias, which if you look up gives stormfront as the first suggestion

With shoulder pad but you know that head would piss people off

He's a BA, they can get away with it (though I'd still only use MkVII pieces sparingly)

My blood angels will be themed around the siege of terra, so theyll be mostly mk 4/5 with small bits of mk 2/3/6/7 mixed around, and loads of weathering (except on the mk7 pieces, which will be mostly clean)

MK7 is being phased out anyway, figured now is as good a time as any to work it into my HH stuff

>Cyrene Secundus

Cue ADB sperging out over confirming Ravens are canon TS successors.

I like ADB but he freaks out over weird things. And I'm still absolutely tickled that 8E happened after he spent a long time saying the timeline would never advance.

>over confirming Ravens are canon TS successors
Unless something new came out I don't think the Ravens have been "confirmed" as such, just heavily implied.

That HH short story about Revuel Arvida on Prosero made him freak out over how heavily they hinted TS = Blood Ravens.

Some Mongolian history links from a cool thread :

deremilitari.org/2014/06/the-art-of-war-under-chinggis-qahan-genghis-khan/

deremilitari.org/2014/07/the-mongols-in-the-west/

The 40k White Scars' tradition of hunting down an enemy seems to be taken from the way the Mongols hunted down Muhammad II of Khwarezm and Bela of Hungary after they killed Mongolian envoys.

How much is needed to be implied before it's considered confirmed? Because they aren't nudging and winking as much as they are screaming

It's mentioned in DoW II.

Wasn't the link greatly weakened after Revuel Arvida merged with a Magnus shard to become Janus?

It was, which is why I think nobody actually liked it.

That, and shitting on the Omegon twist but w/e

That short story isn't in the mega and I'm not paying GW good monies for stories that short. I'll buy the novels but the short stories aren't worth it.

It isn't anything special, it's just an ass pull nobody asked for

Man I just want 8th edition rules so I can play my Death Guard against my friends xeno armys

It's pretty recent. Short stories don't tend to get pirated until they're in an anthology.

Just use 40k Space Marine rules.

I'm not sure about that; all the other stories which were part of advent 2016 got pirated, I'm pretty sure this one was as well and I've got the epub lying around here somewhere

This

now I cant play my custodes against people unless i use the garbage gw rules

They're an entirely different unit and they're beyond neutered in terms of capabilities. They're worse at reflecting the lore than Titans are.

It's a rumor going around, but in 1-3 months there will be more FW data sheets with a few containing additional Custode pieces.

GW will release a Talons of The Emperor codex eventually.

Any of the podcasts got any good episodes or anything atm? By good I mean having breakdowns or sperging out, I just got done with the strayan youtubers who hate everything talking about how they want to literally attack people in stores who buy 8th edition, shit was autism.

You can't just say that and not link it.

Femarchs did nothing wrong

If you're going to post them, at least post the other half of the set ya git

>but what you gonna do?
Sit Autek in the blue chair.

The question here is: Who is best girl?

why don't they do stuff like this anymore

>It was, which is why I think nobody actually liked it.
>That, and shitting on the Omegon twist but w/e
20 times this.

>Jaghatai was trying to find out whether Horus or the Emperor were telling the truth. If the Emperor had broken his oaths to Horus somehow and the Heresy was a response to that then Jaghatai would have sided with the traitors.
>Who is right or wrong mattering on whether or not you side with the Emperor
This is how I know you may be an imperial, but you're no Loyalist.

If the IW are rival to the IF, who are the rivals to the other legions? And can one legion have many rivals? I'm not sure if the UM is exclusively to the WBs or the ALs can be their rivals too.

>BA and WE
>IF and IW
>UM and WB
>SW and TS
>RG and AL
>Sal and DG
>IH and EC
>DA and NL
>WS and SoH???

People forget Horus recruited from Cthonian and other 38 worlds.
I can't remember for the life of me, but I'm certain I read one bit in a HH book that said:
>It's simply a mistake to think the traitor legions started at maximum size at Istvaan and their numbers only diminished on their way to Terra.
I think they also used forbidden methods, Horus' connections, and gang pressed entire populations to keep up their numbers.

>Traitor Maximus
>MAXIMUM TRAITOR

Bois, it's time.

>Who is right or wrong mattering on whether or not you side with the Emperor
There's no need to be a Chaos-tier cuckold who gets fucked over and asks for more. If the Emperor won't keep the oaths he swore to his sons why should they keep their oaths to the Emperor? If the Emperor fell to Chaos should all the legions stay "loyal" to him?

>And can one legion have many rivals
Yeah, you have rivals on either an ideological basis or just bad blood; so for example the IF and IW are rivals because Dorn and Perty don't like each other, but IF and AL are also rivals because their tactics are so different.

Other rivalries

>SW and DA
>SW and TS
>DA and NL
>IH and EC
>WS and DG
>UM vs WB
>BA vs SoH
>UM vs SoH
>Sal vs DG
etc.

>>Sal and DG
I want stories of the firestriders together. Deathshroud scything the numerous while Firedrakes bring down the towering. Grave Wardens laying low the tough while Pyroclasts obliterate the armoured. Where unforgiving flame worked with noxious chem-cloud.

>possible
>may
>suggest
Discarded.

Seeing as the Emperor is the only bulwark against chaos, supporting him even if he broke his oaths to his sons seems like a Hobbesian choice.

Hell, even Jaghatai says the same to Morty, that while he thinks the Emperor is a tyrant he's better than Horus

It's still exciting, m8. Don't be a party pooper like this guy.

>Hell, even Jaghatai says the same to Morty, that while he thinks the Emperor is a tyrant he's better than Horus

That's after he discovered the truth of Chaos/daemons and that Horus was in league with them. He was always ambivalent towards the Emperor but was close to Horus before the Heresy.

The Emperor is the Imperium. If he says the day is now the night, then so it shall be. If he says the psyker legion shall no longer toy with warp power, then that is the law. Love for he Emperor is unquestioning, for there is the Emperor and there is war.

>Mixed armour marks, with increasing weathering and battle damage the older the mark of armour

yes/no?

He's younger than me. I don't believe this. This has to be a shitty joke.

>with increasing weathering and battle damage the older the mark of armour
The best idea I've seen for armour mixers. I demand pics on completion.

>WS and SoH
If anything it's WS and DG but it's mainly just Jag and Morty. In The Carrion Throne it's shown that Daemon Mortarion and Jaghatai dueled during the siege so we're going to get another showdown.

Calm down Rogal.

I think Jaghatai's friendship with Magnus becomes more interesting when you realize that they're the only primarchs who are more anti-other side than they are pro- own side
>that Daemon Mortarion and Jaghatai dueled during the siege so we're going to get another showdown
What better way to emphasize how epic these duels are than by having one per book?

Authors are mongoloids.

>I think Jaghatai's friendship with Magnus becomes more interesting when you realize that they're the only primarchs who are more anti-other side than they are pro- own side
Too bad they will never speak to each other again :(

You sure?

They were both at Terra.

Cry not that they won't talk to each other again, cry instead that the war-scarred Jaghatai will have to face the soul-broken Magnus

I haven't read TCK yet. Did they explain why Magnus joined the traitors? At Prospero he was still loyal to the Emperor and accepted that his punishment was just. Horus is also the one who ordered the attack on the Sons in the first place.

I want Khan to come back in 40k. He'd be a nice counterpoint to Roboute.

If rumors are to be believed, a loyalist Primarch will be returning albeit mostly traitorous.

It's gonna be Russ or Khan isn't it...

Yeah; his original plan was to save as much knowledge as he could from destruction and just wait for the heresy to blow over, reasoning that "no war is eternal" (kek), but then Malcador had to pull his Janus bullshit and now the last shard of Magnus is stuck on Terra, so they'll join Horus on Terra to regain it

They do

regimental-standard.com/

>If rumors are to be believed
Did one of the named rumourmongers say it? If so I'll believe it because they've had a great track record lately. Or is it just a Veeky Forumsism that gets repeated?

rumormongers, sadly. Though a crazed wulfen Russ seems awesome.

So why is such a raging douche in M41/42 who murders random Imperial planets willy nilly?

It's a pretty old rumour, was first brought up alongside Bobby G being rezzed and Cadia being BTFO

Because he never regained that last shard, which was said to be the good part of Magnus

>rumormongers, sadly
Like Atia? Those people?

>Russ but now he's cuh-razy
That seems like perhaps the least interesting outcome desu

>Cadia being BTFO

This is way too funny to me.

I can't recall exactly, but it was the same dude to mention Big Bobby G and Primaris.

And somehow he re-shattered in the interim, the rest of the TSons forgot he ever shattered the first time, and they put him back together in the Ahriman trilogy when they realized it.

McNeil sounded so proud of Crimson King..... Wouldn't French have spoken up and been like: Uh, I already did this exact plot......?

Chaos is a hell of a drug.

>implying any Primarch who fails to fall into lockstep with Guilliman wouldn't be viewed as traitorous

>implying any Primarch who fails to fall into lockstep with Guilliman wouldn't be viewed as traitorous
>it's le ebin 1d4chan meme again

Guilliman literally told the Senate that it would have been better for Horus to have won than for them to have let the Imperium get to this point and nobody did shit.

The Khan, the man who was tempted the most out of any of his brothers and still kept loyal, would be embraced by both his brother and the rest of the Imperium
Who knows, there's still more milk in the co- I-I mean, books to write

Finally built my Vets and Terminators, now it's time for 10 Breachers, 10 Autocannon Heavies, and 10 Seekers.

Wish me luck, brothers.

Guilliman was just shifting blame for the failures of a system he designed.

Fucker didn't even think that they needed a rule preventing a single person from holding multiple High Lord positions.

Face it, Guilliman is bad at government.

he underestimated how retarded humans are going to be. It's not like his system was bad, it was just poorly executed.

Age of Darkness tends to have real content and not sperg out. The main guy is too in love with the BL novels for some, but still, it's good.

Someone needs to ask French about all that. Using all the French characters was okay, it was nice to see them in the actual HH, even if it was Graham's usual world-shrinking (the random TS that survive into the 32nd millenium all happen to be the exact same ones Ahriman goes on his Wild Ride with), but actual pre-empting the exact same fucking plot...that's a weird one.

Good luck user. It'd be neat to see some painted stuff sometime.

not to mention, in his complete absence.