So when are you actually gaming in your weekly schedule and for how long/how many times per month...

So when are you actually gaming in your weekly schedule and for how long/how many times per month? We used to game on Sundays from about 14:00 to 20:00 but we moved our schedule to Saturdays for longer sessions.

Other urls found in this thread:

idleredhands.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

5:30-10:00 every Friday, plus a 4-11 session every other week Sunday evening.

Friday, 1800 to 2200. Would love to play more or longer, but everybody else I know is swamped by college.

bumping this

Com'on, guys, it's not exactly highly sensitive data.

I'm a bit surprised that the initial responses tapped Friday. Is everyone so eager to play? I guess our group rather chooses to relax otherwise on Fridays before going fully relaxed into the Saturday session. Rather than bringing work-and-what-not baggage with you to the game.

We used to have 5-6 hour sessions at least 4 days a week. That was pretty rough. There were two reasons for this: first, most of us couldn't hold on to a job at the time, so we had a lot of free time. Second, we had one particularly "enthusiastic" player/gm. She would show up at everyone's house and pick everyone up so we could game. Although, she had a pretty rough home life and used role-playing as escapism; basically she spent every waking moment trying desperately to not be herself. It was pretty sad. We had to have an intervention when she tried to force our newest player into ERP, and that resulted in us kicking her from the group.

It's been several years since then, and we have game nights Monday, from about 6:00pm to 10:30pm. Also, everyone from that old group (3 out of 6 of us) is much, much happier.

Because I'm a shut in with very few friends that live away, I very seldom play, even though I have literally dozens upon dozens of characters, scenarii and settings sitting on my hard drives (just to mention the ones I made on my own to kill time).
Last time we had a proper tabletop game was sometimes last summer and it was the only one I had all year. I didn't even get to play either, cause I'm stuck as a forever-DM.
I have more frequent sessions with another group but since it's composed of my mom and her friends and they barely play at all and spend most of the time just shooting the shit, I'm still starved for actual roleplaying.
Doesn't help that I'm unable to talk to strangers over voice chat, live outside the city and am paralyzed by social situations in general and inserting myself in a new group in particular.
I'm slowly losing all inspiration and this is depressing me to no end. All that I write now seems pointless and bland, devoid of the spark that only players and other DMs can bring to a creation.
Sorry for the blog post.

Once every Satursday for 4-7 hours with an online group and once during one of the weekdays, usually for 4-5 hours with IRL group. When opportunity appears, I play more with IRL group but it's rare. Sometimes but very rarely I play some extra one-shot online. Sometimes shit happens and I one (or both) of the scheduled sessions don't take place.

Every Saturday from 17:00 until the session ends, usually 00:00 or later.
Whenever I GM I try to finish by 22:00.

Personally I dislike the idea of playing for more than 6 hours a day. It's just too much time.

We normally play on Friday and Saturday. Most of our sessions are 2-3 hours long. I don't feel like adding up our monthly average of sessions, but we almost always play on those days.

Why you gotta remind me of my gameless existence, you cunt?

We meet once a week 7-10.

Wish we could do more but such is adult life.

I'm in Japan again. I was able to find a fellow Battletech player a few prefectures over, but going over to get a game in is about 8000 yen each way, plus hotel reservation (I could stay at his language school overnight as he does offer to give me a place to stay, but I don't like imposing any more than sleeping on the floor). Needless to say, weekly game sessions aren't a thing. Maybe a game every four months to a year, followed by going to his friends' brewpub.

For a short while I had a game group for BT with local language teachers out of my apartment, but the group dispersed for various reasons at about the same time. Termination, girlfriends, babies respectively. Newer language teachers coming in don't even seem the type. I offered once, but won't shove anything down anyone's throats.

There is an LGS in town, but it has no tables or bulletin boards.

One of the members of the former group used to run a monthly game of CoC, but again, after the girlfriend he was connected at the hip with, he went back stateside.

I once found a japanese RPG group advertised in a community center, but it sounded like it was very specifically a Kamen Rider themed game group. Not really my speed.

what's wrong with playing with your mom?

OK Oedipus, calm down

Theoretically, every Saturday. In practice? Rarely.

Was she cute? Did she kill yourself after you ripped the only source of joy from her life?

>Wish we could do more but such is adult life.

lol. no. Such is the life YOU chose to make. YOU went into whatever career you chose without adequate research into the kind of hours it kept, YOU chose to squirt out somewhere between one and three shitspawn whose bawling keeps you up to all hours. YOU chose to marry some high-maintenance cunt who wants this and that all the fucking time. "Such is adult life", no faggot, such is YOUR life. You made a series of shitty decisions, and now you have to deal with the consequences. Whereas I have a nice easy job I can support myself on, and plenty of free time. I run 3 six-hour sessions a week. And you play a single 3 hour game a week because any longer and your wife will message you that you need to change "the little guy's" diaper because she's going out with friends (i.e. out to suck Tyrone's cock).

Don't blame "adult life" for your shitty schedule that affects your ability to enjoy RPGs. You brought it on yourself. All of it.

49 minutes from now

(You)

What is the point of that rant?

Every Tuesday from 4 to 8 in principle but in practice everyone gets there about 6 so we only play 2 hours. We sometimes go past 8 but rarely as it is a weekday. Such is life.

I realize you're just hungry for (You)s, but this autism has to be drawn from some impotent pathetic rage somewhere. Are you describing a friend or family member of yours? Are you describing what your life is actually like as some weird method of self delusion? Or are you just deeply unhappy and carefully constructed a scenario that you can feel some weird sense of superiority to in your head, even when people look at you and stifle laughter when you go outside?

One game Sundays 1-5pm, the other meets whenever we can squeeze it in (usually every other week).

user, have you looked into getting help? I get the social anxiety, and being a shut in, thing, but that's not healthy. Some therapy, or even just a doctors visit to get some basic medication to help balance you out could go a long way. I know it has for me.

Actually I'm unemployed, living with my mum and looking for work that gives me ample free time to do whatever I want, as I always have.

It's the rest of my group that are doing the adult stuff, busy jobs, families etc. I wont share your rant with them though. I find unless I play with university kiddies or no life autists like myself I can't get 6 hour a week sessions I'd like.

2 hours from now for like 3 and a half hour

Iktfb
I get 12-4, Saturday afternoons

It's just that they are older player with a lot of campaigns under their belts and we don't have the same expectations from RP
Every single one of their games ends up being just a kind of fantasy session of hanging out with buddies, there's next to no plot or character progression and, while it's comfy and they're all great people, I want to play adventures, not just hang out with them over Teamspeak

She was a fat ugly legbeard. Last time I saw her, she was married and living in a trailer.

Nothing of value was lost then

Yeah more than a few friends of mine gave up their roleplaying for pussy. Which would be fine, except they ended up impregnating them, and turning into "happy wife happy life" cuckolds who have to wake up at 5 am to change their shitspawn's diaper before falling back for 1 hour of sleep before work, a wife who doesn't give sex, and now they don't have time for RPGs anymore. Oh, well, they do have time, just not what they used to. And I am not scheduling my session around a couple of fuckwits who chose propagating their genes with some whore, over a fulfilling hobby with friends. Felt bad cutting them off but it had to be done.

>busy jobs
>families

(1) get a better job, and (2) don't have a family. Simple. As. That. If you have a family and don't have time to roleplay, that's your own fault. You're all good user, hope you find a job soon.

I appreciate your concern, but I fear there isn't much to do

There is if you want there to be. Which, judging by your tone, it sounds like there is. It wouldn't be a simple thing, but if the road is easy then the destination is worthless. If it's not too hard, maybe try talking to your mom about it? Seems like you're at least close enough to do tabletop together. She might have some insight.

Just saying, as kind of a shut in myself, who used to be really outgoing and fun to be around, but then the thought of going out again to an FLGS somehow sent me in enough of a panic attack that I sat on my floor rolled up for over an hour, I've been there. But it doesn't have to be that way, and I'm glad I hit that rock bottom because I got help, and now I'm back doing what I enjoy and meeting new people.

OP here. Well, this is curious: I made different experiences. I find that everyone is getting really into the game world after 3 to 4 hours. And I find that around the 8 hour watermark a certain tirednesss settles in, especially when I GM. So hours 3 to 8 are best for me, especially when dinner has been done away with.

Try to get in touch with these guys: idleredhands.com/

So who's going to change your diaper when you're old? And just to preempt the respons "someone I pay for"... who is going to make sure that they do it right when you can't anymore?

While I don't like living in a big city for many reasons, I can't complain about gaming opportunities.

I do shift work so things rotate. Generally I do two Thursday nights a month X-wing coop, two Saturdays for RPGs noon to about eight. I also have a Bolt Action group one Sunday a month, a general wargaming meet one Saturday morning a month, Infinity on Mondays 1900 to 2230. I have a friend who comes by noon one Friday a month to play Conflict of Heroes. I also have a friend who commutes to my place when he can about once a month and we generally play Frostgrave or Armada all day.

I used to run Dogs in the Vineyard once a month, but the campaign came to a very satisfying conclusion and I don't want to run two games at once.

Also, my wife and I get random games of whatever in here and there; Dragon Rampant, Frostgrave, Armada, Shadow War... all kinds of stuff.

In the event I have some free time, I can jump on a meetup group that runs games almost every night and play a one-shot, which range from awesome to disastrous.

Kinda based desu

I wouldn't know where to start
I used to be really outgoing too, no-filter-autist type, most annoying little edgy shit
I want to find the energy to go out and meet people and try and start new things but I feel like I'm too jaded to enjoy other people and probably too shitty and hateful for other people to enjoy my company

As for my mum, she knows a lot more than she should and even though we have good times I'm certain it breaks her heart to see that her happy little boy turned into me
Dragging her even more into my shit would only serve to make her sad