Favorite over the top BBEG plans

>BBEG wants to block out the sun
or
>BBEG wants to to bring out a literal thousand years of darkness.
or
>BBEG wants to commit genocide to bring someone they love back.

>I'm going to glass the whole planet to get what I want.

Wasn't jack's logic basically
>"I'm willing to sacrifice a planet of bandit scum and total losers in order to gain the power to protect the rest of the universe."

Handsome Jack is a weird situation because he has the whole "I'm a hero" thing going on, but his actual actions and enjoyment of the evil things he does causes it to be a weird dual thing going on with him. He's not a villain who regrets the bad things he does but sees a greater good he's reaching towards, he's a psychopath who does horrible things to people for the fun of it, while still believing he's good because bandits are bad.

No, his logic was
>I want a promotion, and to get these Dahl fucks away from this incredibly risky and expensive space station
>Therefore I will find the vault and use its contents to fuck Dahl up and gain personal power
>My bitch ex found out I was using a bit of an eldritch abomination to power the space station's super-weapon, and used that and some hard decisions I made to justify her and her two bandit friends trying to kill me
>She then gets one of her bandit friends to punch the knowledge I've been searching for right into my own face, disfiguring me
>Joke's on her, though, I got that promotion, and now I have enough firepower to take revenge
>Time to kill some bandits.

>BBEG literally carves a 300 meter rift across the world via orbital strike and says "don't fucking step on my side, shitheads"
>you're on the wrong side... by a few dozen thousand miles at least.

BBEG wants to block your path

>BBEG

Ugh.

>BBEG

Ugh.

>BBEG

Ugh.

>BBEG

Ugh.

To be honest you could say the same about the vault hunters

Yes, but the Vault Hunters are generally presented to be opportunistic mercenaries with a moral compass at best and greedy assholes at worst.

Just replace with "villain" in your head and be done with it, geez. It's not like it's hurting anyone or referring to anything other than "evil antagonist" which isn't anything bad.

>the BBEG wants to make the whole world into their magical realm
> this would be horrifying for those trapped in it. His servents have been promised that the fetish fantasy will cater to them too

I meant the original Vault Hunters looking from the second game.

Ah, fair enough. But at the very least those Vault Hunters didn't have access to giant death lasers from space.

Getting it out of the way for the entire thread, uh? Doing a service, user!

Nah, that's just for the OP.

>BBEG

Ugh.

>BBEG

Ugga.

>BBEG

Uggaga.

>Ugh.

Ech.

Go back in time and rewrite the core AI spaceship carrying the first colonists to the planet so that they worship him as a god.

That plan sounds like the villain was so bored he decided to try the most goofy way to have fun.
It's good though.

>BBEG
uhg

Yup. He's way too well written a character for the developers who made him. Makes me think they plagiarized him, too.

Pretty swood

>>BBEG
urgh
>>BBEG
urgh
>>BBEG
urgh
>>BBEG
urgh
>>BBEG
urgh
>>BBEG
urgh
>>BBEG
urgh
>>BBEG
urgh

The BBEG (urgh) wants to plunge the world into unending war just because he likes fighting people.

THE VILLAIN wants to break open the world so he can see what's inside. He's a geologist, you see.

I got a BBEG (be sure to quote me) who wants to become the new Lamia God by stealing divine power to ascend, and it has totally managed to get the PCs to do this for it of their own volition.

Being charming is a hell of a drug.

>the BBEuGh is an ork

I've always been a fan of when the BBEG has some crazy goal that was right the whole.

Played in a horror campaign where the BBEG, some sort of arch-cultist (from one of many cults but he crossed us the most), appeared to have one of those stereotypical "kill everyone and destroy everything so the world can be reborn anew" type plans. We thwarted a couple insane plots to destroy the world with various rituals, alien technology, and eldritch artifacts from this guy but never really fought him. In fact, most of his plots were usually in a state of being unraveled by themselves, with monsters already in the area killing cultists and whatnot.

Over the course of the campaign the spooky stuff happening gradually intensified. By the end there was no pretense of normality at all, the world was in full panic mode and there were eldritch monsters everywhere.

What's worse, it became clear that those rampaging monsters were not only killing people but eating/stealing/collecting souls.

In our "last move" we were trying to reach and arm an ancient weapon of mass destruction to use on the monsters, and we found the BBEG was already there in person as his own last ditch attempt, and trying to convert it to enact his Apocalyptic goal.

We won, he was beaten and incapable of fighting back anymore (WOD wound penalties, and also he wasn't dangerous at all in person) and we had a moment where we just asked "why, why the fuck do you keep doing this while the world is falling apart"

And he explained that the barrier that keeps the eldritch monsters out had been fatally injured, and this was the only way he could think to save the souls of everyone in the world, because otherwise once the barriers come down all the way, they would take them all and everyone would be lost to an eternity of suffering. The only way he could think to prevent that was to enact a death and rebirth scenario that regenerated the barrier.

At this point is when the PCs need to sell out to the eldritch ones to become horrors themselves for an eternity of revelry in the slaughter.

That probably would have been way better than what we ended up doing.

Do tell.

Actually
In the pre-sequel it's revealed that Jack was able to tell the difference between bandits and 'good guys' but when the original vault hunters tried to kill him, he went coo coo for genocide and made it his personal goal to sterilize the planet. Basically the story of Borderlands 2 is Lilith's fault.

Well after we fought the BBEG, the monsters broke in and we had ourselves a real boss "battle." They beelined for the BBEG and finished him off.

We did a fighting retreat to the ancient WMD and most of us tried various shenanigans to distract the monsters while our one knowledgeable fellow worked out the ritual to activate it.

Two of us died, including my character (mostly because when we finished the ritual nothing happened immediately and I foolishly had stopped to celebrate) but after a tense moment the WMD went off and all the monsters burned away.

The survivors did high fives and left to go help rebuild (Earth was in pretty bad shape). Everything seemed fine and the ST was going through some epilogue type stuff, and then the barrier collapsed completely, the sky became a gigantic monster (clearly dwarfing the Earth many times over) and everyone died and it ate all the souls on earth.

Apparently we had missed or misunderstood multiple indications of that whole issue, and then the BBEG told us point blank, but we head strongly persisted in our attempt to kill the monsters.

It was a good game honestly.

I dig it. Good bad ending.