Techno-Feudal, or AnCap Cyberpunk?

I'm developing a far future sci-fi setting, and I've sufficiently developed the background, but I can't decide which I aesthetic I should go with. I'm torn between both, so I came here to ask you elegan/tg/entlemen for your opinion. Techno-Feudal, or AnCap Cyberpunk, which do you prefer?

Wouldn’t AnCap cyberpunk quicky escalate into Techno-Feudalism?

>I'm developing a far future sci-fi setting
>doubt.gif

>and I've sufficiently developed the background
Post your background first to prove this isn't yet another "no really guise I'm not /pol/ I sware" thread.

They're the same thing

Anarchism of any sort is at most a temporary stop on the road back to feudalism, and from there to statism. The economies of scale from centralized authority make it inevitable that people in a stateless society will either organize a government of their own, or be conquered by one.

Alright, I'm mobile-posting, give me a few minutes to post a condensed version of the background.

I know, I just can't decide which aesthetic I prefer.

OP here, posting the background.

> In the year 2340, society is on the verge of collapse. The earth’s resources are almost entirely depleted, the population has exploded, and pollution has turned much of the earth into arid and poisonous wasteland. In an effort to solve the overpopulation and scarcity, the colonization and resource extraction of the moon, mars, and asteroid belt were suggested. The entirety of the world government’s efforts were focused on maintaining law and preventing collapse, and consequently, they didn’t have enough funds to organize the monumental task of colonizing and mining other worlds. The private sector, however, did. Government sponsored private corporations undertook the herculean effort of settling the solar system and harvesting its resources, and in exchange, were allowed to sell them to earthly governments at fixed rates, and were granted effective autonomy beyond earth.

> Under this system, much of the solar system was colonized over the course of three decades. Colonies had been established on the moon, mars, and the asteroid belt, and mining outposts brought a steady trickle of resources to earth, but interplanetary travel hadn’t reached peak efficiency, and prospectors were unable to provide enough to offset the loss. On earth, the Aligned Asian States, the Indian Republic, and the Confederacy of Russian States united to form the Pan-Asiatic Union (PAU) against the Afro-Euro Caliphates, the Pacific Dominion, and the Middle Eastern Federation of Islamic States, which united to form the Global Islamic Caliphate (GIC) against the United States of America, the U.S Canadian Protectorate, and the League of South American States, which formed the American Mutual Alliance, (AMA) leading to a precarious three-way balance of power. Tensions were rising, and war was imminent. It was only a matter of time before it reached the boiling point.

> (cont)

> The Fourth World War commenced when a group of Buddhist Extremists set off a nuclear bomb in Mecca, causing instantaneous backlash from the GIC and rogue extremists within the PAU and AMA. Thousands of bombings, attacks, and outright invasions directed against the PAU and AMA sparked violent resistance from both alliances, which combined their efforts to defeat the GIC. The extraterrestrial corporations abstained from the conflict, selling resources to the highest bidder, and transporting thousands of refugees to colonies under exuberant prices and indentured servitude. After almost a year of conflict, when it became clear the GIC would soon be defeated, rogue elements in the PAU betrayed the AMA by nuking major cities and vital infrastructure across the AMA using android and secessionist agents, crippling its capacity to wage war.

> Immediately afterward, the PAU military and PAU autonomous mechanized infantry invaded Santiago, Chile, San Francisco, California, Los Angeles, California, and Anchorage, Alaska, establishing a beachhead despite heavy resistance. From there, the PAU began to sweep across the AMA, slowly but steadily overwhelming the AMA through sheer numbers, and superior equipment. Though much less effectively than before, remaining militant elements of the GIC continued to war against both the PAU and the AMA. Another year passed, during which nuclear and conventional bombings had scourged the PAU, and it became clear that the remains of the AMA and GIC were on the verge of defeat. Deciding they would rather die than allow the USA to fall, a group of AMA scientists and high ranking military officers in a hidden laboratory bunker beneath the irradiated ruins of Area 51 went rogue, overpowering loyalist AMA scientists and military. Upon gaining control of the facility, they released an unfathomably dangerous experimental weapon: Element 69, better known as Grey Goo.

> (cont)

> Within four hours, the Grey Goo had consumed the laboratory, and had begun to spread at a rapid pace. In little over twelve hours, the Grey Goo had begun to consume significant portions of the Southwestern US countryside itself. The PAU, realizing what had happened, unleashed its nuclear arsenal in attempt to neutralize the Grey Goo, winning a pyrrhic victory by scorching and irradiating the entirety of the western hemisphere, and delaying the expansion of the Grey Goo by mere hours, as the Grey Goo had already established itself beneath the surface, and was eating away at the crust itself, causing volcanic eruptions, earthquakes, and tsunamis worldwide. Realizing that the earth was doomed, the higher ranking PAU government and scientists attempted to flee the earth in a few advanced shuttlecraft, only to be confronted by an extraterrestrial corporate fleet outnumbering them by several orders of magnitude.

> (cont)

> The corporate fleet, heedless of the PAU’s attempts at bribery, vaporized them with a barrage of technically illegal experimental weapons in an altruistic act of vengeance, and of caution to ensure the Grey Goo wasn’t transported to the moon. Upon destroying the PAU, the corporate fleet turned toward the earth, concluded that the earth was doomed, and after some consideration, unleashed a weapon of unparalleled simplicity and utter annihilation: 48 20 ft long, 12 inch wide tungsten rods, fired in rapid succession to hit strategic points of the planet at 80% lightspeed from a magnetic railgun of ungodly power. Upon striking the planet, each tungsten rod produced 296689118.204 terajoules of force, combined, they produced 14241077673.784 terajoules. To put that into perspective, every nuclear bomb detonated in the 20th-21st centuries produced a mere 2135000 terajoules, the impact of the rods was exactly 6670.2939924 times greater. To call it the explosion to end all explosions was an understatement, nothing of the earth remained but the shattered and broken pieces of the mantle and core, the crust ceased to exist entirely, destroying both the threat of Element 69, and the cradle of mankind. This event was called The Second Tunguska.

> Without the earthly governments to control them, the extraterrestrial corporations declared independence and soon divided themselves into sovereign corporate states. The few remains of earthly government fortunate enough to escape earth's demise bent the knee, or were killed. In the three centuries following the Second Tunguska-

And that's all I have for now. I can't go any further until I've decided which aesthetic I'm going to go with.

Ok. I'm back. Here's the condensed background:

"In a galaxy far, far away, turmoil has engulfed the Galactic Republic. The taxation of trade routes to outlying star systems is in dispute.

Hoping to resolve the matter with a blockade of deadly battleships, the greedy Westland-Yutani Corporation has stopped all shipping to the small planet of Vulcan.

While the Congress of the Republic endlessly debates this alarming chain of events, the Supreme Chancellor has secretly dispatched two Cyber Knights, the guardians of peace and justice in the galaxy, to settle the conflict...."

It's vaguely inspired by Blade Runner and Wing Commander.

Stop shitposting and pretending to be me. Go back to /pol/ with your caliphates, terrorists and merchants (oy vei, anti-semite!)

>and soon divided themselves into sovereign corporate states
If they are the new states, then they are not entirely ancap. Maybe more libertarian, because they will likely use private institutions, but who knows how long this lasts.

You're not OP, I'm OP.

Fuck you. I'm the OP.

>and transporting thousands of refugees to colonies under exuberant prices and indentured servitude.
I think you meant "exorbitant prices".

Unless they were really excited to get charged that amount.

I don't mean states, corporatocracy would be a better word. In theory, anyone is able to rise to the rank of CEO, and there are no laws save voluntary exchanges between mutually consenting individuals. In practice, it's an oligarchic dictatorship with very little class mobility, and outside of the corporate eye, anarchy reigns.

Like I said, this is the rough draft. Thank you.

>a group of Buddhist Extremists set off a nuclear bomb in Mecca
Okely-dokely. The reverse is far more likely but whatevs, it's scifi.

> Buddhist Extremists set off a nuclear bomb in Mecca

Kek

OP here, which do you prefer?

Historically, chaos leads to order. Monopolies of force have a market advantage; so King James-Wen-LI IV and his strategic AI command codes are probably going to kick the hell out of Jimmy Dean and the Hollabak cybergang.

That's true, but I was asking which aesthetic is better, CEO or King? Enforcer or Knight? Wage-slave or Serf?

Bump.