/btg/ - Battletech General!

Giant robot hockey edition

The /btg/ is dead - long live the /btg/!

Old thread: =================================

BattleTech video-game Beta gameplay
youtube.com/watch?v=rt6FatHHnzI

==================================

>BattleTech Introductory Info and PDFs
bg.battletech.com/?page_id=400

>Overview of the major factions?
bg.battletech.com/universe/great-houses/
bg.battletech.com/universe/the-clans/
bg.battletech.com/universe/other-powers/

>How do I find out which BattleMechs a faction has?
masterunitlist.info/

Unit Designing Softwares
>SSW Mech Designer
solarisskunkwerks.com/
>MegaMek Lab
megamek.info/
github.com/MegaMek

>/btg/ does a TRO:
builtforwar.blog(not spam)spot.com/

>How do I do this Against the Bot thing? (old)
pastebin.com/pE2f7TR5

2017-03-03 – (Against the Bot)
mediafire.com/file/kffatbm11ffus7l/Against_the_Bot_Instructions_v2-5.pdf

bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=56065.0
Current 3.21 rule set is included in the mekhq package

>Map of /btg/ players (WIP):
zeemaps.com/map?group=1116217&add=1

>Rookie guides
pastebin.com/HZvGKuGx

>Sarna.net - BattleTech Wiki
sarna.net/wiki/Main_Page

>Megamek - computer version of BattleTech. Play with AI or other players
megamek.info/

>BattleTech IRC
#battletech on irc.rizon.net

>PDF Folders
mediafire.com/folder/sdckg6j645z4j/Battletech
mediafire.com/folder/cj0tjpn9b3n1i/Battletech
mediafire.com/folder/tw2m414o1j9uj/Battletech_Archives

/btg/'s own image board: - (2017-06-17 - Still getting worked on & now has 13258 pics!)
bgb.booru.org/index.php

More goodies! (Rare manuals, hex packs, TROs, discord server, etc.) Last updated 2017-06-06!
pastebin.com/uFwvhVhE

Our /btg/ Merc Unit! 2017-05-01
pastebin.com/3ffaLH9C

Other urls found in this thread:

webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:DwGUi6n6ln8J:https://i.yuki.la/tg/1424559916377.pdf &cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I must have that tablehockey game!! Tanks for pucks?

I used a Savannah Master for the puck, actually.

why did you pick such a crappy picture?

a lot of people don't use filters to navigate, they expect to see a picture of a mech on the catalogue

why did you post such a crappy comment?

Brilliant!
They should use ctrl-f

A lot of people are retarded.
>hurr I won't use the tools for my convenience and blame op for me being a moron
Fuck those people, robot hockey is sweet as fuck.

>Not the Silver Centurion variant
Dropped.

why did you even make a new thread? the old thread is no where near its bump limit.

What other thread? This one? Because the threadstarter fucked up the OP, was a moron and started THAT thread 20 posts before our old one was at the bump limit, and frankly has been consistently a cunt for the last several weeks about starting threads early. This one is much better, and fuck you for asking.

What would a jihad/early DA retrotech mech intended for the merc market look like?

Seriously though... are there any rules written up for 'mech hockey available?

NEA made some. It works reasonably well, though it presumes some hockey knowledge ahead of time.

webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:DwGUi6n6ln8J:https://i.yuki.la/tg/1424559916377.pdf &cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

It should be relatively simple to maintain and use common weapon systems. Ideally it will be similar in function to an existing popular mech (e.g the primitive Phoenix is fairly similar to the PNT-9R Panther) because having an existing niche makes it an easier sell.

Well, I don't like how slow it is, but I guess it works as a re-specked as a Blue Flame

I might ditch the C3 for an extra ton of armor and trim its legs for more torso armor.

Original forums down or did they finally ban me for calling the new developer a faggot?

Both.

-The Catalyst Observer

Second Succession Wars when?

Do you mean 5th Succession War, or a reboot?

I mean the Second Succession Wars pdf, whose release is on hold due to some technical issue in CGL's end

He meant this book...

probably some kind of 3/5 fire support heavy, maybe energy-based

Oh sweet.

Too bad it's apparently stuck in the same limbo as Shadowrun's Technomancer book.

>Do you mean 5th Succession War, or a reboot?

As far as I know there was only 4 succession wars. then some smaller wars, then the clan invasion, then the jihad, then the dark ages.

I keep forgetting SR5 exists.

To be fair, so does CGL.

are you saying you don;t like the subject matter or you don't like the focus/resolution/lighting?

If you don't find the subject matter amusing I can't help you.

As far as the other stuff goes. sometimes you don;t know the quality of image you took until you get it home or to a computer where you can bring it up on a monitor or regular size instead of the tiny one on your phone or camera.

Then the Third League, then the 5th Succession War

are they making more books for SR4 still?

Officially speaking, you're right. But I used the Fifth Succession War for my no-Clans-allowed campaign. Houses Kurita and Marik-Liao versus Steiner-Davion at first, then ComStar got even more paranoid and conquered everything within one jump of Sol. Good times.

shit when did post dark age stuff come out?

That's depressing, Considering that the number of new SR products outnumber BT ones at least 5 to 1

tabletop wargame or tabletop rpg?

Free Taiw...St Ives was a hint of the 3rd League. Ben H Rome posted about what the 3250 era would be if he didn't left CGL. Finally, Ben and Herb hinted in one of their April's Fool the 5th Succession War

Touring the Stars: Noisel has it, along with 'mech chess, baseball, soccer, football/rugby, and basketball. The rules look relatively simplified compared to NEA's hockey linked here , to the point that hockey, soccer, and basketball are functionally very similar.

Tell me about your pilot's amazing feats /btg/

Who are the least "fuck everyone who isn't us forever" of the big inner sphere powers?

So relatively recent then

I hope CGL dies a prolonged, horrific death.

Fucking love it.

none yet. still figuring out how to play.

>least

Depends entirely on when. At the death of the Star League, it would probably be the Caps. In 3025 it was the Elsies. In 3050 it was the Pidgeons. In 3059 it was the Fedrats.

That's the thing about feudal groups. Policy is dictated by the current rulers.

>conquered everything within one jump of Sol.
Why stop there when the juiciest manufacturing in the Sphere is within reach. Blake wills it.

I really like the hollowed-out leg sections and the feet on the -C4. Nothing else about it, including the hips, but it's the only Cat that tries to get away from "let's slap a new body and feet on MAD II legs".

The Hound, HawkWolf, and Rook all spring to mind - cheap, tough, and relatively slow but heavily-armed. All came out for the Merc market as well. Personally, as a merc commander I'd go for a Retro Thud or Hammerhands over an upstart. But if someone came out with something good enough in the 55t Jump Trooper slot it'd certainly pique my interest and maybe open the wallet. A RetroTech 55-Rifleman with LACs could also be fun as a cheap, flexible anti-scout and AA cover unit.

Damn, it's late.

Yuo would have FedCom, Kurita, FWL and even the Cappies coming after the Comstar if they tried that. And it would probably be like Clan Invasion just Comstar as the place of Furries.

FedCom and the Draconis Combine doing the heavy fighting with Hanse and Theodore leading them , Cappies pouching a planet now and then and being generally annoying shits that they where at the time, and FWL selling weapons to anyone with deep enough pockets. So in a sense as you pointed out, Jihad in 3050s instead of the time it actually happpened.

What do you guys think of dazzle camo as a paint job for a battlemech?

I've got to say though, when Catalyst started out, things were looking really good. We were seeing all sorts of product.
Things only started getting wobbly between porchgate, chinese leviathans print shops, and their trying to diversify with boardgames nobody cares about rather than strengthening the guaranteed sellers. Even then, things weren't a write off.

It was only when Herb left and the whole thing was under a very uninterested Randal's wing that shit really went downhill. All we've seen for about a year are these drown-you-in-too-much-fucking-information TTS pdfs. Tell me the pertinent stuff. Who's the head honcho? What kind of biomes does the planet have? What's the isometric map look like? A bit about the fauna? What is there of strategic value, why was it colonised, and why are they still there?

But the deep cultural history of the planet and their religious systems mean somewhere between jack and shit to me. All the required information for history and culture should fit on one page. The rest is Objective Raids.

Whatever you like to use.

...but keep in mind that dazzle paint schemes are meant to make ships hard to identify. Don't paint your mechs in dazzle if it makes it too difficult to tell your Enfield and your Lineholder apart.

A lot of people do not have patience for shitnuggets, they expect to see a picture of you run over by a truck.

Haven't gotten any better experiences than this this far.

Well, technically it's this universe's version of the Jihad in 3067. Only instead of WoB nuking everyone, it's ComStar claiming a buffer zone between Sol and the massive shitstorm that's been happening in nearby systems for over a decade. This version of ComStar never underwent the WoB/C$ schism, and is ran by a leadership that has been getting steadily more paranoid ever since the Helm Core went public. The reason they didn't take planets farther than one jump from Sol is that they took their warships out of mothballs to back up their ground forces.

If they did this efficiently, like you describe, people would realize how little they are actually doing, and how unimportant these planets are. Most of these there are no objectives to raid.

... am I reading this right? You killed a Dire Wolf with a one-legged Owens by charging it through a building and off a cliff? How very Battletech.

I was commenting on and what would have happened in 3050's if Comstar tried to expand like that. As I understand Hanse Davion had been waiting for any excuse to fuck Comstar up after what they pulled before and during the 4th Succession War, in the lore that happened when Comstar tried to pull off Operation Scorpion and FedCom response was to assault any and all of the HPG stations.

How do you make the tiles "pop" like that?

Yuppers. The Wolf was angled against a multi-story building on a hex one lower than its current position. It got pushed into it, and promptly brought about its collapse through overweighing the hex.

The Owens was also one of the wretched E-models that carried an MRM-10, an mlas, and an mplas, and to make it even worse, carried the base 10 single heat sinks. That it would have to charge was a foregone conclusion.

Isometric view.

what ones have most consistently been "fuck everyone who isn't me"?

Who are the Elsies again?

Lyrans. Lyran Commonwealth -> LC -> Elsie.

Riiiiiiight. No wonder it didn't click.

Combine probably. They were always the biggest bad until the clans showed up. It was part of their charm. All honor. No apologies.

Oh you tease!

Hey, at least they are honest about it...

I like it but as said you've got to be careful with it. It's nice for throwing some extra detailing on parts but if you apply it to the whole thing then you're just screwing yourself over. Same with other complex camo schemes, though thankfully mechs don't suffer from it as much as smaller figures.

agreed, Combine have pretty much attacked every neighbor and (former) ally they could at throughout all eras.

What clan does THIS camo pattern belong to?

Turkeys?

Possibly green burd or Kindraa Kline of the Fire Mandrills.

>Generic Clan emblem
I don't ever think I've seen that on a mech before. I think only the honor guards of various clans use that.

Do you like the Awesome?

Those people are known as "retards".

I thought so, but I thought that maybe I was wrong.

what doe you have against

All you need to realize is that even Teddy who was the most progressive of his kind when he was eight years old ran out to find his dad covered in blood and his first reaction was to smile and ask if his father had been killing Fedrats. It was the night his granddaddy was murdered by his Rasalhague bodyguard.

Also didn't he crack jokes about Kentares to make the 'goons feel uncomfortable.

>bote camo
Now I want to do a unit in mountbatten pink that chiefly fights in desert areas and lowlight conditions.

I had some CNC/Clan Protectorate stuff I was trying to apply a camo scheme to that was reminiscent of ship camo, but it's not full on dazzle.

God, I miss him.

Teddy K, AOK.

I still hate that they had to pass him the idiot ball anytime that Venereal Space Disease had to look good by comparison.

Still looks real nice, user.

Despite all it's glaring faults I miss Mechwarrior AoD. It deserved so much more.

The only times they passed him the idiot ball that I recall was the chain of events that resulted in the Battle of Luthien which was to make Hanse and the Goons look good, and the Draconis March running rampant in his backyard in the FCCW with almost no consequences. But that kind of made him look good since he wanted to punish Warlord Benjamin. Him and Vic bro-ed out all the time over Twilight of the Clans and made both of them look good. The dracs carried Bulldog.

The Black Dragons are the guys who have continually both been retarded and made everyone else in the Combine look like fools. Fucking Gems man. I will never not be butthurt about Onyx and LAW.

Well, you get the account in Heir to the Dragon where he and the combine fight off Hanse through determination and bluffing, while elsewhere Hanse just gets bored.

>while elsewhere Hanse just gets bored

That's 3039 retcons. I've always held that TRO 3039 and Historical War of 3039 are two of the worst things to happen to the franchise over the years. Just one giant fuckup after another in those books.

That's not even grogism talking. I like a lot of the more modern stuff. I'm even finishing reading Fortress Republic right now.

The worst part I find about the 3039 Tech retcon is that TRO:3050 already tweaked the tech reappearance a bit by noting that some variants were in the works as early as 3047, just the IS wasn't pressing it into service quickly due to the expense.

Exactly. It worked fine in the old days when you had stuff like Fort Burgoune testing prototypes in the mid 40's, but nobody really being able to invest in ramping up until forced to.

This even carried into mid and late 50's material where the smaller old manufacturers who had survived the Succession Wars were reduced to licensing designs from other people to try to up their technology game by the early 60's.

But fuck all that apparently.

I have a question about MekHQ. I am currently assigned to Garrison Duty and I believe there is possibility to get subcontracts during this assignmet. But I have no idea where to find those subcontrats.

Are those in Contarct Market? I didnt see any there even when I tried to generate more contracts with GM function.

Since it's coming up at the moment, is there any way to stop MekHQ glitching out and failing to displaying things correctly/at all? Am sure it's some innate Java-based bug but I've never been able to work out how to stop it. Even the usual slightly resize the window to get it to refresh doesn't really work.

Are there any complaints at the MegaMek site?

Black Dragons, Onyx, LAW... the part of the whole chain of events that leaves me the most embittered is that it was all a determined, direct act of crushing every bit of IS omnimech production DC had going on. And I am mad about it, as playing mounted cavalry was my favourite thing for DC.

As far as I can tell, MHQ doesn't discriminate, you just generate new contracts and shift your forces over to the required lances.

More information please. What is it not displaying properly?

It's when the window glitches out and refuses to display the new information, for example going from personnel to the hanger may just get the frames and no hangar data until you mouse over things. Often happens after trawling through a lot of stuff like mech lists or a large personnel list.

Pretty sure it's just Java being Java as I've seen it for years across a lot of different computers and games. But MekHQ does it to me a hell of a lot.

I usually reinstall random java distros from the last 6-12 months until it works. and it's never the same distro that works.

>I don't ever think I've seen that on a mech before. I think only the honor guards of various clans use that.
Look closer, it's got a blood drop. It's a Blood Spirit Star Captain (without a bloodname?). Color scheme is all fuckered up though, and that >looks< like a Falcon or Mandrill.

Nothing against the board man, we all do our part for the Cosplay gods.