Does your setting have what could be considered a national waifu?

Does your setting have what could be considered a national waifu?

Yeah, it's your mom

I'm proud of you, mom.

Why is it always Joan people rip off?

The Queen.

>burned at the stake for wearing men's clothes
>is always depicted in a dress

checkmate frogs

>France's national waifu was BTFO by the English

How apt

>england was BTFO by a waifu for years and had to come up with trumped up charges to kill her

Hon hon Hon

Yeah.
Elven celebrity adventurer.

Everyone's waifu is the Emperor. To waifu any other is heresy.

My setting has a !not-christianity religion and the messia/prophet figure is a redheaded lady who is basically jesus+mohamed but genderbent.

She was a military leader that made a otherwise unknown monotheistic faith spread world wide through military conquer and then was later killed by her most loyal companion. Three days later, her spirit rose as a phoenix and flew away.

>trumped up charges

You mean literally true charges. Your waifu was a witch and a slut.

>Retrialed and found innocent
>Canonized as a saint

Joan was the purest user

>beloved by papists

She was a slut! A SLUT!

Damn that girl is hot.

>witch
Just because the weather bent to her will doesn't mean she's a witch.

There must be more of this comic

Because all of the other female military commanders in history were evil.

I really like that her expression is like:
>"Ugh, not this shit again."

It used to be the Queen, but now that she's almost 60 most of the adulation is going towards her 26 year old daughter, the Crown Princess. But she's an officer in the navy, too busy to pose for the camera most of the time.

Maybe it was just a thing Joan did

The actual charge was being on England shit list, the official charge was "putting god before the Church" and wearing men's clothes.

And if there is one thing we know about her is that she wasn't a slut, her virginity was stressed enough. Funnily enough, she personally didn't think it was that much of a deal, to her it was just a consequence of being on a mission from God. She was too busy doing God's will that she simply couldn't commit to a woman life, and said that once her mission would be over she would go back to a normal women life (with proper women's clothes).
Though even before then, she had nothing against dresses on her down time. Initially she just started to wear men's clothes because it was more convenient to travel on horse and nobody gave a shit at that time.

I kinda love the idea of a constantly eye-rolling Jon of Arc who is patient but just barely when dealing with soldiers who are constantly asking her if Jesus gonna send someone else soon. Like, a man, maybe.

In the renaissance, it was common to depict those thought to have communed with or prophesied God's will to be looking up towards heaven. That's why she is depicted like that a lot. Truth is, we don't know what she looked like. The only depiction of Joan during her lifetime was a doodle one of her judges wrote on a form when he was bored during her trial.

>ITT: England and France still butthurt over shit that went down like 600 years ago
(laughs in burger)

So long hair and busty. Not bad. But I'm pretty sure I read somewhere her being described as 'fair haired' which often means blond, and being of average build for a peasant lass. Depictions aren't the only source of this things, people often write about important people too.

It was more the priests that tend to annoy her.

>The only depiction of Joan during her lifetime was a doodle one of her judges wrote on a form when he was bored during her trial

Is this like that one philosopher who we only know by a sketch on a napkin

>mfw this is almost exactly how Jeanne D'arc is portrayed in my Shadowrun group, since she's a mentor spirit for one of my teammates.
>just an attitude of 'Jesus loves you and I do too, but I'm about to manifest on the physical plane and beat you to death because you're being really stupid.' and her saying things to the guy stuck with her like, 'I hope that money is going to charity, mon ami.' yet also turning around and giving legit good, non mysterious and practical advice when needed.

Surprisingly fun to watch at the tabletop/10

Except the guy never actually saw her.
We know that she was a short sturdy women, about five foot two (from a dress someone gifted her).
We also know her hairs were short (at the very least when she fought, to wear an helmet) and black.

>that one dude

>National waifu
Depends on your nation.
Most major nations are headed up by a single undying immortal human.

Pick your flavor
>The Mother
Publicly a figure of caring and family affection
Secretly running a mafia where she kills any competition to her countries trade empire

>Pheonix
Publicly seen as a bringer of good health and harvest
Secretly breeding an army of monsters mostly because it staves off the eternal boredom

>Bard
Known as a muse and writer of songs, inspiring seeking of knowledge
Incredibly shrewd, known to hold grudges that last centuries, has collapsed several nations by causing infighting

>Stargazer
Bringer of wisdom and mathematical prowess, patron of peace
Recluse who barely can speak to humans

There are also a bunch of dude immortals who could be national husbandos

Why was Joan of Arc even beatified and turned into a saint?

The Elvish kingdom has the lady of the mists,who is born of an elvish maid, and a god (in the form of a unicorn)

Her godlike powers keep the elvish land in orbit in the clouds,

I'm increasingly concerned about the path this comic serial is taking...

The campaign I'm about to run takes place in an island kingdom (Very much Welsh inspired, but with a tropical/subtropical climate).

Their chief goddess, Mor, would probably fit. She's the goddess of the sea, but is also sort of viewed as a patroness of the Kingdom.

Joan was evil too. Really evil. She was an infamous witch who turned Christians against one another and brought about a great slaughter of Christian men.

Artemisia of Caria and Ching Shih were far less evil than that exalted whore of Satan.

This is hitting my fetish for women in uniform already.

It did... once.

Yes, the elven nation in my dnd campaign has a national waifu. Why do you ask?

>patient
This is the same Jeanne who inherited the legendary kebab removing sword from Charles Martel, preserved for the next hero who would save France... and proceeded to smash it apart by hitting prostitutes with the flat side of the blade. Patient she was not. This was even reflected in her strategy (use of canonfire).

You know what? I'm not even mad. English national identity is *defined* by butthurt towards the French. On English neck a Norman yoke amirite?

Historically that could mean you're a prophet.

Damn dude why do all of them have some ridiculous cartoon villain trait to offset their public image? Can't you just write a character with realistic motives without adding some ~subversive secret~?

My setting is 90% focused on a single city. The city plays host to hundreds of living saints, sainthood being given out by the church by a divine infection.

Arislapun, Saint of Lost Causes, Unrequited Love, and Pity is the closest you'll get. She runs The House on the Hill, a brothel dedicated to the spread of the divine infection and willing to see tenants for free. The woman herself does not participate often but is seen by the men of the city as a godsend, quite literally.

Because she was pious as hell and was never proven to do anything actually heretical. Also probably to help re-legitimize Papal power over other regional church powers.

Buddy do I have news for you

About three quarters of the characters in this are women in uniform.

Fuck off, you English cunt.

It's always halarious to find people that try to legitimize killing a woman for wearing pants to avoid being raped.

I dislike the English with great intensity.

>burn a servant of God on the stake
>still lose the War

Goddamn, the English suck so much dick.
>muh longbow

Charles VII pls go

>who is born of an elvish maid, and a god (in the form of a unicorn)

...so, horse cock?

Please don't bully the Joan. She had a hard life.

Her best friend was a child rapist.

Not until after the english killed his waifu

you lose your waifu it ruins your laifu

this is why you must always avoid the temptation of 3dpd, as 2d is eternal

A G I N C O U R T

>The Passion of Joan of Arc, widely considered to be one of the best movies ever made, was banned in Britain because it depicted the British as bad guys
It's a good thing those island monkeys lost anything resembling a spine, otherwise they'd end up banning half of the movies that are made in America.

That's what happen when you do the Evil works.

Sure, you can win temporary victories, but God will always be behind France, and Satan's help is nothing in front of God's will.

Indeed, user.

>Sure, you can win temporary victories, but God will always be behind France, and Satan's help is nothing in front of God's will.
>The Islamic invasion is but the first step towards a Catholic revival of France
>France will cleanse itself and then purify Germany, Italy and Iberia
>A neo-Carolingian empire will rise from the ashes of an Islamified Europe
I can only hope

Former character of another player.

A girl whom suffered /ll/ by a sort-of lady of the lake, but instead of becoming king Arthur she caused the crusades because she literally could not help just killing moors nostop forever. A very tragic case of;

>Dear God I just stumbled into some random town and accidentally all the moors

Her more important contribution is basically the Reconquista and prompting the monarchy to found, but enough dead saracens to build a land bridge to the new world and back has got to count for something.

Vive la France!

This does not look like my chinese cartoons.

I have a slightly Joan of Arc ripoff in my current Dark Souls campaign. A firekeeper of Astora, the last in fact, who decided to use her undead curse to lead a crusade of undead to the first flame, in hoping of ending the curse and curing her legion of poor followers.

Unfortunately, she became the last one standing on the long trek to the land of the first flame, and yet still wanted to end the curse so that those who had gone hollow might be able to die human.

She made it, and now sits as the current soul of cinder. As the character party has decided to snuff the flame and end the age of fire, they will have to fight her to do it. Going to be somewhat bittersweet as one of the characters was a Knight of Astora who had been trying to find her this whole time.

Why does that look like that hellsing chick

I think it's by the same author?
It's Drifters.

...Huh. Is it any good?

Drifters? Much better than Hellsing

Take into account that the french were massive DFC fags, and that large breasts were seen as something "peasant-like"

Don't look up his pre-Hellsing work.

Or you might get banned.

>Take into account that the french were massive DFC fags
Are you basing it on pic related? Which was satire of the beauty standards of the Belle Époque? Half a millennium after Jeanne d'Arc?

I like to think Bill & Ted got it right.

>Take into account that the french were massive DFC fags
How can a country have such perfect taste.

Drifters is fantastic. The 3 main characters are all insane and work perfectly together (as a cast).

>DFC
>No musclegirls
>Full of womanlets
>Out of all the delicious christmas cakes in the world, the French president picked used goods that looks like a zombie
France has shit taste. SHIT TASTE

The lady of Pain. I want to worship her hair

How do you feel about historical figures being over the top bad-ass caricatures of themselves in a fantasy world?

Not 'my' seting, but Bretonnia has the Lady of the Lake, Estalia and Tilea have Myrmidia, Kislev has Tzarina Katarin...

Knowing the french, i'm pretty sure that you can find enough musclegirl with DFC in their country.