I'm a soldier of freedom in the army of man

>I'm a soldier of freedom in the army of man

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nightrunner_(comics)
newsarama.com/33843-late-16-sales-downturn-told-marvel-people-didn-t-want-any-more-diversity.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No team of heroes is complete without a pet sidekick.

>No france marvel
>We will never got an endless swarn of the same serie reboot every ten year
>We only got masterpiece like Incal and Nikopol
End me.

>No france marvel
That's a good thing, given the direction things are going in at Marvel.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nightrunner_(comics)
>Marvel's "French" superhero is an Algerian dindu nuffin religion of peace
At least France didn't get the Captain Britain treatment... yet.

>alt-right babby gets triggered and has to tell us all about it
well that didn't take long

>alt-right babby
You mean their target audience?

newsarama.com/33843-late-16-sales-downturn-told-marvel-people-didn-t-want-any-more-diversity.html

The people actually spending money on these comics, not the people who simply blog about them, are sick of their shit. Marvel has straight up acknowledged this (finally!). Not everyone who doesn't buy into your regressive bullshit is le ebin alt right nazi boogeyman.

>Be french
>Reading that
Our policemen aren't american, they aren't that violent.
Also i feel insulted by the fact the FN and Jean-Marie Le Pen isn't the big bad.
I mean, he wear(or use to) a eyepatch. Why not make him the big bad? He taillored for this. Fucking american can't see awesome.

>complain about a comic not conforming to your political opinion
>in response to someone complaining a comic does not conform to their political opinion

WEW

You want my opinion? Politics are retarded, and anyone who buys wholesale into one extreme of the spectrum and spends their breath ceaselessly denouncing anyone who sees things differently is a mental midget who, ideally, should have no power at all.

>Radical centrist

I was complaining that they got a perfect bad guy esthetic and they didn't use it. Politic aren't the concern(but you can feel the morale that marvel try to show you, why stop at one or two clichy on france, put they own facist[he isn't, he at best close the ultra-republican] in it, go full or don't go). It's like Napoleon or Bismarck, you can't disagree or agree with them, but you can't say they didn't got some good esthetic, and not using it to capture the imagination of your player(or reader here) is blasphemous.

Not even. I have my own idealism, but I acknowledge it's different for everyone. So you can either choose to have an inclusive, democratic society where you attempt to reach a political compromise, or you can have an oppressive society that throws the concept of equal rights out of the window. In the end, such a society can not be anything but untenable.

I believe that if one has a good political point, it can be argued logically. Anyone who devolves into emotional bullshit and other mudslinging should be kept out of politics, if we want that democratic compromise-based system. Nominally, I count as right wing, and I consider my viewpoints logical. I argue them as such.

For instance, I don't like comics that preach left wing idealism to me first, and try to entertain me second. You know what I do? I don't read them. There's plenty of comics out there that are better than that, including ones that do make social and political points on both the right and the left of the spectrum. But anyone who would argue that I'm implicitly racist for not sharing their taste in comics, well, they can fuck right off.

Perhaps, but I'd still consider the inclusion of a real life politician in a moral role in such a comic to be very edgy. That also goes for that weird ass Hillary cameo, or Reagan's Raiders, for that matter. Though Reagan's Raiders looks so ridiculous that it might actually be fun.

>Though Reagan's Raiders looks so ridiculous that it might actually be fun.
That the point. Caricature something isn't edgy(but french just love doing it, so i'm biased) You can be over the top and still got a message, south park is an exemple, pic related too.

Sure, I get that parody is a thing. But Reagan's Raiders wasn't parody, as far as I'm aware.

This make it even more hilarious, there a reason why everyone like to read a cringy mary-sue time to time.

Still, it's the exception rather than the rule. And while I might laugh at someone's incompetence, I will rarely respect it.

Who's a good boy? Who's a good boy?!

You are!

>That's a good thing, given the direction things are going in at Marvel.

Okay, here's something I don't understand.

Marvel Comics are some of the most cucked, blue-pilled or otherwise weak-wristed writing I've ever seen in recent years, bordering on White Wolf publishing in terms of how obsessed with inclusion and diversity they are...

... Yet, I've heard more than a few rumors that the CEO of Marvel Comics is about the most racist, homophobic sociopath incapable of even the most basic social interactions you could find. What's up with that?

*Insert Frank Welker laughing*

Main Universe Captain Britain is still Brian Braddock, Blond Haired Blue Eyed Briton. That pic's from a one shot in a universe which was never touched on again.

PR consultants.

Perlmutter only gives a shit about making money. In 2012 he gutted the editorial staff, which inevitably lead to a sharp decrease in quality, so he wouldn't have to pay them.

And that speaker later publicly apologized for what he said, as they all inevitably do.

It just shows how tone death Marvel is to things, the problem isn't diversity, it's stupid fucking hackneyed bullshit diversity that's poorly written. That's Marvel's biggest problem it's comics are just plain bad and driven solely by crossover events

Comics publishers are shooting themselves in the head with their left-wing propaganda and insipid diversity moralizing, and some are now realizing it.

The universe where blacks and muslims took over europe and america? Ugh.

>[Note: Marvel’s David Gabriel reached out to correct the statement above: "Discussed candidly by some of the retailers at the summit, we heard that some were not happy with the false abandonment of the core Marvel heroes and, contrary to what some said about characters “not working,” the sticking factor and popularity for a majority of these new titles and characters like Squirrel Girl, Ms. Marvel, The Mighty Thor, Spider-Gwen, Miles Morales, and Moon Girl, continue to prove that our fans and retailers ARE excited about these new heroes. And let me be clear, our new heroes are not going anywhere! We are proud and excited to keep introducing unique characters that reflect new voices and new experiences into the Marvel Universe and pair them with our iconic heroes.
>"We have also been hearing from stores that welcome and champion our new characters and titles and want more! They've invigorated their own customer base and helped them grow their stores because of it. So we're getting both sides of the story and the only upcoming change we're making is to ensure we don't lose focus of our core audience]

Marvel on full damage control.

Honestly what bugged.me about that chick wasn't that she was a Muslim but that she was a fucking hippy pacifist, and proceeded to blarble her pacifist shit all over the comic. I'm not saying pacifism is wrong, but Excalibur is a goddamn weapon of war, why would it choose someone not prepared to wield it?

user, that's the thing, isn't it? Marvel Comics presented a universe where blacks and Muslims took over the World in a wave of inclusion and diversity, and it was so beautiful... That Marvel promptly dropped it like a Spartan would drop their malformed newborn into the sea.

You need to understand that Comics have never been as weak and poor-selling as they have been now, the industry is surviving through the good graces of movie bleed-over and outrage sales. The people drawing comics today are the rejects of art school.

>The people drawing comics today are the rejects of art school.
Worse, they're comic fans who grew up in the 90s during the crash and think Liefeld is unironically good

Wait, so if I'm reading this right...

... Shit, what is he even trying to say here?

What he's saying is what ever marvel wants him to say, since he changed it the same day it was up.

The divergence point was Tony shoved Yinsen in the armour, and he became Iron Man. Somehow this lead to a Utopia interrupted by the invasion (Since it was set on Battleworld, a bunch of alternate earths shoved together) of the far more interesting Judge Dredd analogue Punishers.

The gist of what he's saying is thus,

>People love our new superheroes, I don't care what the haters say. People accuse us of ignoring our core Marvel base, but that's a blatant lie. We've never been healthier.

This was immediately edited by the same speaker to say,

>Our new superheroes got people talking about our product, but it's super duper important we start focusing on our core audience. We need to give our core audience faith that their old heroes aren't going anywhere. We need to focus on them.