/cyoag/ - CYOA General

Archives and other resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu
last thread:

I CLAIM THIS THREAD IN THE NAME OF SDA AND DSA

tl; dr : Vampire/Lich Sorceror hybrid coming Soon™ to a CYOA near you!

([¤]Denotes a choice previously bought)

>Supreme Sorcerer(Human)(+17)
I know my own limits so underestimating my opponents shouldn't be an issue. Call me crazy but I got a good feeling about this.
I suppose I'll take Arcane, sounds pretty meta.
>Drawbacks : Witchhunter, Adventure, I see You!, Pervert, Signature, Skimpy Outfit, Elemental Weakness(Darkness), Time Limit, Fractured Power, Personality(puns), Unexpected Enemies (+35)
>Combo : Soulsplit (+37)
>>(Powers : Shapeshift + Hybrid(Lich) )
>Death Option : Banished(-36)
gg

-The Witchhunter of the realm is a priority. Since she isn't herocore it should be trivial to mindbreak her with the D.
-Nobody expects a Double Undead such as myself to be weak to Dark. They won't even try.
-I'm not very witty so most puns only come after the fact. Double damned I am, by the curse of undeath and by l'sprit de l'escalier.
-Time Limit+Banished allow a pretty casual way of going about this. Too stronk, reroll. Weak powerlevels waifushit slice of life, farm Essence. Interesting setting, earn xp, enthrall notable locals and try to get a new class/level. Does Banished allow me to keep artefacts/bases? Some sort of pocket dimension ala Chillzone CYOA that manifests on the Prime as I enter a Setting would be neat. Ah fuck you, that's what I'm ruling it to be.

>Combo : Secret City (-30)
>>(Artefacts : Secret Hideout + Treasure*2 | Companions : Noblewoman*2)
>Combo : Airship (-22)
>>(Companions : Pirate Captain + Master Artificer | Artefacts : Seekers Map)
SKY PIRATES, ASSEMBLE!

my bad senpai, didn't know about that one. Best edit I can do without having the psd

>Form 1 : Human (8/22)
>Combo : Vampire Bride (-2),
>>(Powers Vampirism + Waifu Catcher + Sex Appeal(Female) | Companions :
[¤]Noblewoman*3)
>Power : Corruption (0)
Basic Sexy stache of cuckedom set. The bitches have only as much power as my base sorcerer class and the human vampire half(still tremendously stronk).

>Form 2 : Lich(14/22)
>Combo : Chronomancy (-9)
>>(Powers : Unbendable Time + [¤]Arcane Magic + Ferromancy + Limited Divination | Artefact : [¤] Seekers Map)
>Combo : Defile (-3)
>>(Powers : Monstrify + Transmutation + [¤]Shapeshifter)
>Power : Necromancy (0)

I have plenty raw and social power distributed in these two forms. As for what Quests and enemies I would have, that depends on the particular quest I'm facing. I mean, noblewomen wouldn't really be an obstacle to killing everybody the hero as ever loved or cared about. Very lenient time limits, which should be used to increase power/acquire new thralls/ create masterwork weapons/ learn other forms of magic. All to achieve new Combos like Archmage, Total Pervert, Demonology and so on.

Is the guy who made the Worm CYOA around? I have a question. Two of the shards mention they can grow stronger, does that apply to abilities like Paramount and Kingmaker?

Liking this. Liking this a lot.

>the Worm CYOA
But which one? There's like five different CYOAs about Worm.

>Trueblood (hemophiliac)
>Mirage

Not messing with Bloody Mary, but still a lot you can so with level 3; only level 2 requires me to spill blood to use magic anyway, and thats something I can do safe at home.

it is all yours my friend

The sixth and newest version

I for one welcome our new buttslut overlords

The latest one released here is an update to #5. There is no #6 that I know of.

Then that one

>implying they are not the same person

So what's ZBG doing next?

skydiving without a parachute

this was funny for all of one thread

the guardian thing I think; the persona/stand one.

I'll actually be interested to see how that plays out, waifus don't do much for me by themselves

>the guardian thing I think
I remember now. What was that CYOA meant to be about?

Basically about building a guardian spirit that works like a stand or persona

You could either be a spirit and have a master to protect, or build a spirit and be the master; at least that was the intent if I recall correctly

How many urban fantasy cyoas do we have? And why aren't they made more?

Oh boy, PvP!
>The Mastermind
We're going to be really smart about this
>Human girl(male)
+1 shard, we're at 17
>Escape death
Phylactery. Since it can't be destroyed unless I'm destroyed at the same time, I can make it look pretty! (-2 shards, putting us at 15)
>Powers
Sex Appeal. Duh (13 shards left)
Got style! Another duh. (12)
No guns! Being shot sucks! (11)
Nullification. It's a big one, but gotta look out for number 1 (3 points)
Unbendable time. Let's stop time stoppers.(2 points)
Ferromancy (-1) Because this is a cool power!
Shapeshifting (-3) Also because this is a cool power!
Regeneration (-5) See above
Hybrid (-7) Satisfying my inner weeb, I'm now a fox-girl(male)
Divine Essence (-9) And for some comfort

Adventurer (-8)
Skimpy Outfit (-7)
Fractured Power (-4)
A Fair Warning (-2)
Unexpected Enemies (0 Master Smith, Magitek Brobot)

Fair Warning:
Dear Master,
There is not much I can say in 100 words, so I'll be brief:
-I'm not here to kill you
-Enjoy two new companions
-My goal here is to be your bitch. Read that again to make sure it sinks in. I’m the clingy type, but as long as you ‘feed’ me once per day, I’ll be happy to turn my intelligence and powers to your cause; and you know what those powers are with this scroll.
Let’s live a long and fun life together,
Your friend.

Once the master of the realm finds me and trusts me, I'll enact my sinister plan do exactly as promised in the warning.

Bring on the PvP!

Hello fellow nemesis! Good luck in your hunting! Just stay away from my prey!

Okay, try it this time. If everything is fine, I'll start last 2 pages.

Oh, actually forgot 1 thing. Discounts for ship hulls, or tank weapons, or air gadget price increase is 5 resource.

>a stand or persona
great fun, another cyoa that requires you to know everything about some anime the author loves ...

This reads like some sort of fucked up CYOA choice
>Nemesis user
+10/10 kitsune waifu invades your realm
-She's here to kill you and end your CYOA
-She's hard to kill, can shape shift, knows your location, is immune to your powers, time fuckery, bullets, and can come back from dead
+She doesn't start at full power, and must travel through your realm to gain all of her powers
+You gain a robot and a weapon smith to help you combat her
+/- You gained a scroll that detailed out her powers, as well as her role. She sent a message with it, that if it were to be believed, she's doesn't want to kill you, just be mind broken by you.
+/- The scroll and her message are telling you two different things
+/- She is actually a he.

>why aren't they made more?

People just like regular fantasy better I suppose. I think regular fantasy is easier to write for, thats for sure.

Theres a few CYOAs that fall under the Urban Fantasy umbrella like Dark City though I guess.

Can you actually explain the girls? You seem to think we've all watched the same shitty anime as you have.

A stand or persona is basically a not spooky ghost that punches your enemies in to submission

>How many urban fantasy cyoas do we have?
About three
>And why aren't they made more?
Because you're a little bitch like all the other whiners. Make shit, don't beg others to do it.

Its pretty much like having a guardian spirit with super powers. I presume it'll have more of an introduction in the actual cyoa that "stand persona analogy"

Also suck it up you prissy little bitch, I don't complain about all the Saber or Worm shit

>not complaining about all worm CYOA's being straight garbage

>Three
Are you serious?

As I haven't played them, I wouldn't know.

What do you mean explain? 1st page gives the setting and Basics explain basics.

Sure why not.

What are they? Are they huge? Are they girl-sized? What makes them better than actual ships n shit? Also, what the fuck is "a copy" of the infantry people -- is it literally two for the price of one?

Valid complaints, but you still come off as a ass-mad faggot.

> Oh no I can't do five fucking minutes of google because I'm a little bitch.

I AM ass-mad. I like the CYOA but it makes no sense.

You have to ask kindly user

> Oh no I can't do five fucking minutes of writing to explain my setting because I'm a little bitch.

filtered.

okay

kindly no more sabers

jesus christ, while you're not wrong to filter someone you don't like the presence of, posting
>filtered.
is some primary school tier shit. "Haha, you suck, now I'm going to block my ears so you can't call me names back! I win!"

The two of you arguing about this is pointless because "Stand or Persona" is just a term being used by an user to describe what should be obvious from the name "Guardian spirit."

The CYOA isn't out yet and you're already bickering over a term being used by someone else to describe it.

filtered.

Here you go, TextAnon. Imageified the Minor Conveniences CYOA. Hope you like it!

You called?

All I ask is to explain what your weeb words mean and to use a setting that isn't "this is the setting in that anime I don't have to explain anything".

What you're asking is retarded. Why should other people play around your ignorance?

if you cant figure out what guardian spirit means, weeb words are the least of your problems

just wait for the damn cyoa to come out, I'm sure this place will have plenty of complaints then

Those things he was talking about translate to "A fucking ghost with superpowers that punches or otherwise acts forcefully in a manner meant to protect you or your interests."

>Wife
Mikome. So she's basically flawless as long as we both believe in it? Perfect.
>Daughteru
Toko. She is not only CUTE, but also super smart, dedicated and upbeat.
>Slices of Life
This&That. She'd better be ready to absorb all that desire.
Uncook or Be Cooked. After discussing things with my stomach I have decided to pick this over New Year.
Beach. I'd like to teach our daughteru to swim, and Miko would help me overcome my dislike of crowds.

No challenges, though. And none of the mystery boxes appeals to me except maybe the blue one.

>reading the mystery boxes before deciding to pick them

Literally the only way to play.

There is a reason they are called mistery boxes, user

Not really.

What are some good dungeon crawler CYOAs?

Dark souls

If you're cancer sure

They are human sized. Otherwise I would mention it.

They are better than regular ships because they have energy fields, improve weapons and armor when they remodel a vehicle.
And a loss of ship girl creates no human casualities, because there are no humans on board and that good because the war lasted for a decade already.
The enemy boss girls are one man armies, but human core tech is not up there yet, so you need five of them.

Tanks are smaller with the same firepower and armor and have no human crews.

Infantry are faster and much tougher than humans. The retreat gadget, or scout hull even give them bullet time.

Airs are lightning fast and heavily armed. Also, they all but ignore g force.

Should I write that in too?

Also, yes. A copy is a copy. Instead of getting bigger, like vehicles, they get a copy of themselves. So, a light infantry girl is two girls, medium is three girls.

Miser actually sounds like it'd be an interesting class for an rpg.

For this one though,
>Goblin Sewers
>Mage: Illusionist
The goblins and beasts should be easy prey for my illusions and control spells. Traps will be the real risk I think, so long as I can find a decent source of water.

>Bonfires
Having somewhere safe to sleep is a huge boon to any dungeon crawler, especially a mage.
>Waystones
Mostly so if I do find a good source of water I can quickly travel back there if necessary.

I thought long and hard about the hidden home, but I think it'd be too likely for me to just hole up there and not leave. This way I'll keep moving and try get the keys.

>Adventurers
A good illusionist can solo or act as a force multiplier and assuming I pick up invisibility I should be able to escape any wipes if necessary.
>Anchorites
The cheap food and potion of the shopkeepers was tempting, but having a way to remove curses and stuff feels like it'd be more important, if less often.
>Dark Knights
No way I'd match them in a fight, but they seem the ones I'd be best able to hide my presence from.

Sure but you can cut it down to like one sentence.
When you say "getting bigger", do you mean just the gear or the girl herself?

Plus...what about the mecha (the big infantry)? Presumably they aren't as huge as they look in the pictures?

Also right now according to your wording a light inf would not have any copies, and also I had no idea you meant each hull size would increase the copies by one. I thought you meant "each girl of medium or higher hull size will get a copy".

I sill think that old version was strictly superior
Now if you aern't going to join military only first and last two should ever be picked

Go away please

>not 50 cubic cm in weight
>volume shitlord detected

Does the 30 second time skip work on tasks like exercise or stretching? How about things like reading a page of a book? Can I use it to stealthily do things I'd be caught if I did, like swiping something, peeking at someone's cards, or drawing a gun, shooting someone, and bolstering it?

I am.

What are you trying to say?

I'm virgo, and I, too, read mystery boxes before making my decision.

I mean their machine parts are getting bigger. Scout and Light wear them, Medium both wear and have them float around, Heavy only float around, S.Heavy and Dreadnaught are whole vehicles that they command like captains.

Ah, yes. Infantry get a copy every two hull sizes. Maybe I should remove that rule.

Mecha would count as a power for the original with the two copies as proper infantry.

kek

not bad

What level of heresy is required for the adverse effect of 'faith' to occur? From a Christian perspective.

Whats that cyoa where you can go into the past and choose a goal to achieve (conquer X amount of land, achieve X amiunt of technological progress) to achieve immortality?

Both time powers
You just can't say no to this synergy

This one?

Not dying for the emperor

go away

said the hobo, on finding a half eaten sandwich

So it it's explained to you in the CYOA, would you complains about a Persona or JoJo CYOA?

>Barbarian
>Human

>Might x 2
>Stamina
>Speed
>Vitality
>Toughness

>Sex Appeal

>Knowledge
>Willpower

>Exiled Sorceress

>Danger Bait
>Super Fan
>Irritating Rival Princess

>Erotopia

I imagine this would be pretty much like living in an Oglaf strip, down to having sex regular with the tsundere rival princess, who'll insist that she's still a virgin because "last time didn't count"

Yes

Because the weight of 50 cubic Cm varies widly, also because a continuous volume is far less exploitable than a given weight

Post the DLC

circulating OC, will likely expand this one eventually or incorporate into a bigger CYOA

(true dexer here: Devil's Dick + Tiger Shroud, pls)

No, why would I. I miss out on a level of depth but such is life.