Warhammer 40,000 General - /40kg/

>FAQ
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Leaks:
mega.nz/#F!3odCTLCa!5Jc-zB2-JJcYlT55L6FN8g
CHAOS INDEX: s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=42492327752258854809

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!ToIUlLiR!o91HYGSY9WBNpei5P_2bTw
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>List Builder
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#!/rosterCreator#/rosterCreator

>WIP Math-hammer doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

What's the most special characters you've seen crammed into a list? Everyone here appears to just like to add as many as physically possible, especially the BA players with Sanguinor/Dante/Corbulo/Mephy superunits in 7e.
Personally I love playing against chracterspam, since I can blast the shit out of them and if I lose I lose nothing. The more snowflake people make their fluff the more I enjoy shooting their snowflakes with random chumps, but everyone else seems to be really into herohammer and GW's "everyone into the wrestling ring, fuck the war" style of writing.

are those worth it ?

This thread belongs to the Dark Mechanicum.

This might be the gayest OP image I've ever seen.

Pure love between a male and female is gay?

Complete noob here

Can I get some advice

Wulfen or Predator for anti vehicle? Wulfen are 13pp where as a predator with lascannons is only 9pp; I already own the wulfen though

Dose the ordinatus ulator have the best gun in 7e

Is there an EPUB for Black Legion yet?

I bought a BaC box to start up a marine army a few months back. What should i do with all my manlets?

resell on ebay fast before even 30k faggot stop buying this shit

Pretend the maulerfiends are blood slaughterers (they cost one less point) with two slaughter blades each.

The Heldrake, Chaos Lord and Termiators cause disruption and blow up major sources of anti-vehicle and general spooky things my Zerkers can't deal with effectively. The rest of the army charges forward and rapes everything to death so hard it isn't even funny.

does he fuck her with his peenus weenis in her giney winey?

Can we quickly talk about how Dark Imperium is a fucking fantastic starter kit?

When was the last time you got this much value in a starter box?

>When was the last time you got this much value in a starter box?

literraly everytime except battle for maccrage

shill

Wulfen are great but you shouldn't be relying on them to be your "anti-vehicle". A Predator would be a solid purchase.

Help Veeky Forums, I keep losing all my games.
>termie sorcerer, termies, CC chaos marines in a rhino, 2 units of 10 daemonettes, herald and fiend
>vs Admech, he bunkers up in the corner
>run forward, rhino n fiend out of sight
>all the daemonettes and and herald gets blown away
>marines, fiend and termies get in to combat
>chop up half his infantry + rust stalkers, fiend dies
>infantry retreats bar the stalkers and a dominus joins the fight
>rust stalkers and friend chop up the marines while termies get blown away

Have any source for that?

Thank you user

My store plays at 50pp and I'm struggling to fit in my Wulfen into a battalion formation. Looks like a wasted purchase perhaps unless I can find another unit to use for anti vehicle.

Heldrakes break up crowds pretty well.

Starter sets are ALWAYS good value.
Actually this starter set is pretty poor compared to the AoS one that sold for $20 to $50 on ebay and flgs for a year and half

This jackass thinks Gee Dubs is gonna send him free shit if he advertises for them.

>that fucking atrocious, zero-synergy list
No wonder you're getting btfo, you're a fucking idiot.

you shouldn't leave the leave the ranged game so drastically to him, a defiler or fiend could help.

Have you tried deep striking to deny the retreat?

Operation: Ice Storm.

Your list does seem like "random shit: the army" which will contribute to the BTFO.

Why are his proportions so normal?

Its disgusting

But what do I do about it? What would be better?

Like, every other starterbox.
except when they fucked us with some shitty scenery in 4ed

Only read Azrael. Wasnt bad if you like Dark Angels, explores so cool themes with them. Some doubt about the loyal/traitor aspect creeps into it but is dismissed as Azreal states in it that if the Fallen were discovered by any non-Dark Angels he'd give himself and his chapter up to the Inquisition if they deemed it too heretical.

This looks like art for a Dynasty Warriors game with the armor swapped.

Like every starter has been better.
Maybe the only shitty one was the one with the nids and Ultramarines.
The 3rd edition one at least had multi part kits, unlike this babies first toy soldier snap fit.

Warhammer fantasy starter set always had much greater discount.
Betrayal at calth completely btfo dark imperium as far as savings go, as do most other starter sets.

How to use Defilers in 8th?

The whole point is I have a, relatively, huge swarm daemons and then elite marines.

They all reach his lines turn 2.

its only somewhat good on wayland even if they are still expensive on that set.
other starter were better.

A better list. For starters, switch those melee CSM for some Khorne Berzerkers, you're getting a unit that can casually brutalize anything that doesn't have a 3++ invuln while only costing 17ppm with chainaxes.

Second, never take only one Maulerfiend. Dinobots should always be taken in pairs. Also save the points for the Daemonettes so you can summon them because they're too fragile to just run up the board.

Shoot the smashy stuff, smash the shooty stuff.

Too slow for the latter, too innacurate for the former, too expensive for both.

>starter value
mk3 = 10 tacticals, basic speeder and 20 dark eldar warriors
>feelsbadman

was gonna make a magic mike joke then I remembered magic is heresy

Marines are more of an all-around option. If you want to focus in CC you should go with berserkers as mentioned. Alternatively, a helbrute makes a decent distraction carnifex instead of the daemonettes, and you could pad out your force with a big blob of cultists. They're a fair number of attacks for basically peanuts. Ultimately you need to get more specialized melee equipment into your opponent's face - warp talons or raptors would be good too.

Are custodes viable this edition. Thoughts on how they could be used in a list?

Friend isn't wrong about the usage though. It's the best way to use a shit unit.

No he is wrong, their best use is for Soul Grinder conversions.

Hmm. I stand corrected.

I think i want to start an Imperial Guard army, what are the pros and cons of playing IG in 8E ?
Are they one of the better armies in 8E or are they bad ?

My plan is to play a mixed army, neither infantry, nor vehicle spam, but rather a little bit of everything

They're strong as fuck, but until FW gets off their asses can only be run as a Imperium army

;)

At least pairs of Dinobots can do it's job more or less decently. Add in ForgeWorld stuff and we start getting competent. The ticks in particular are simply amazing.

Any ork players can help me out with dealing with deathwing terminators what can i get that has ap modifier?

Plus two ruins, some plastic multi part palm tries, multi part barricada and multi part barrels.

The marines and DE all had weapon options even the basic landspeeder had the multi-melta option.
It also came with a complete rulebook unlike the shitty version 4th had

not an ork player, but today i lost 9 to 30 boyz in a single round of combat, they had a banner and a warboss nearby

Fair enough user, I forgot about the terrain/rulebook. I was just thinking of the model value alone.

Those trees were terrible, though.

5 attacks per boy hitting on 2s and wounding on 4s, seems like a pretty points-efficient method of overwhelming their 2+ save. There's also meganobs to run their opposite number against them, just make sure to activate first.

>literally better than kharn
GeeDubs what the fuck. They even gave him the psyker denial ability Kharn had.

The guy i play against at my LGS deepstrikes near my boyz and shoots them with their 4 shots each and then when i charge he overwatches them to death with only a few boyz left to do anything

i'm running 30 boyz too

Are meganobz still good without transport though? or would i need them to be transported somewhere especially with no inv

Better than no terrain at all like the new starter.

well, my enemy used da jump to deapstrike them next to my termies ( which i deepstriked in my round )....
Maybe some mek guns with custom mega blaster things could kill them, they have S8 -3 d2 if i remember correctly

Not wasted at all. Wulfen are very, very strong. Either use them whenever you get to larger games or consider swapping them in for other stuff as a change of pace. But yes, you'd be better off with a quad las predator or some Long Fangs for anti-vehicle duty.

True, I was pretty surprised that there was nothing in there. I stopped playing after 3rd edition, but followed from time to time. It seemed like many of the other starters had some sort of terrain in there (like the crashed lander from Battle for Macragge)

A transport would definitely help. If you're solely looking for the offensive ability to rip open kanz, you can take regular nobs with claws for a bit cheaper. Either way, they've gotta get where they're going by trukk or battlewagon.

Cool, thanks user.

Thank you user much appreciated

So the question should be:

Can we discuss how shitty the new starter set for 8th is?

alright cool thanks for the help guys

>a space marine, impressed by the valor and faith of a female comrade in arms, seeks to win her affection with a traditional gift of flowers
>gay

what do we think will be the best air supremacy/ground attack flyer in 8th and why is it the thunderbolt

So how about this.
Emperors children patrol
>chaos termie lord
>sorcerer
>termies
>10 noise marine troops
>hell brute
>fiend of Slaanesh

Just deepstrike in there turn 1 and rush them down with terminators while the noise marines, fiend and hell brute join in later.

Alright, let's say I want to build my 500pts to 2000 (once plastic comes out or 3rd party) is this a good way to do it?

I'm more curious about why you can't buy the Deathguard separately

>less than 12 attacks
Dropped

>Not the Dakkajet

Daemon engine tier list? (With FW)

IG are quite good this edition.

Mixed armies work alright if you go blitzkrieg style, infantry including some heavy support teams + leman russ fire support is strong.

Kharn is insanely easy to kill now. It's legit sad to watch.

Rhinos are irrelevant. Consider repressors.
Retributors are shit, consider dominions

I think battle sisters should only be used to fill out points right now, consider an outrider detachment, since fast attack is by far the best thing about sisters right now.

Run the Repentias as literally any other melee unit.
Crusaders, DCA, Arco-fags or Acolytes. Even a bloody PE would be better.

You see beside the PE in a full squad every other option is cheaper and better.
The only time when Repentias would be good is when you know there is 1+ Knight like model in the enemy army

Here, have a sordid affair not for ants.

Firstly your list is shit.
Secondly you don't know how to use it.
Deep strike in the termies and sorc, then cast warp time on the termies to get them into easy charge range.
Secondly, get some noise marines or other strong shooting to provide some harassing fire as you move up the field, it will mean there are less guys shooting at you as you move up.

What the fuck are you trying to ask?

>spend 2 command points
>he dies after only making 6 weak-ass attacks because hes as fragile as a basic chaos lord but with worse buffs

>mfw my lgs bought the 8th e edition horde edition meme hard.
>mfw infantry blobs everywhere
>mfw I bring my same list from 7th which is almost entirely vehicles.
>mfw I kill conscripts, guardsmen, tac squads, boyz and all other blobs easily, while almost everything they have just bounces off.
>mfw rather than bring some fucking melta and kill my overpriced vehicles, they'd rather complain that vehicles are op and that I'm being a waacfag for spamming them.

Why

I dunno, Zhufor lacks Kharn's attack twice rule, and his weapons are worse than gorechild.

Armour save is worse, but Kharn's been fucked in that regard since the good days.

Also, because of retarded reasons, your zerkers cant be troops in a skulltakers list, so theres less tactical flexibility.

Agree that he's a strong character though

Where were all these Sisters players hiding all this time and where are you even getting models that aren't old, ugly, and obscenly priced

Retribution can be good, but they need HB and a full squad. Any other option is questionable at best.

>enemy death croissant flies into my backline
>nearly take it down in the shooting phase (that -1 to hit is really good)
>only 2 wounds left
>charge phase
>remember that my drones can Fly
>charge 2 squads of 2 gun drones at the croissant
>4 hits
>2 wounds
>he fails both his saves
>plane explodes
>takes all 4 drones down with it

I'll never forget the bravest little drone swarm

Are you fucking running your terminators across the board? Why?
>getting BTFO by one of the weaker units in the admech codex
What am I even reading

He's a character so he's only easy to kill if you make him run before your other guys (or if your opponent spams snipers but I never saw that and I can't really imagine it being that powerful versus Chaos)

There are multiple detachments that remedy this

because 40k players are idiots

Starter set sprues often mix the different units together on the sprues to a certain degree to pack them as tightly as possible. This means they tend not to be sold separately, although it does happen from time to time like the GSC HQs. They have made other new Death Guard that will be available separately, and are likely much more posable, but they just haven't been released yet.

true, but then you either take a command point hit or end up taking more HQ's as a tax

>Things that are not true for 500
Unless they are too stupid to assault or take HWT

We just had a second or third army.
Buy models from time to time. Since we hadn't had a model in 20 years it is easy to have everything you need after so long.

For starting? eBay, recaster, third party or make your own from kit bashing or scratch built.
Trying to buy SoB from GW is not recommended

well, from his post, it sounds like they are that stupid.

If a space marine scout were to ingest tyranid ichor would he die?

Someone ran him with a squad of Zerkers in a Rhino. Despite him striking me first in close combat he fucking dies to two Deathwing Knights.