Scraplootas: The complete (kind of) collection

Sup Veeky Forums.

I was going through my files and found all the old Scraplootas stories (you know, these guys 1d4chan.org/wiki/Scraplootas); I had saved them all in text files as well as a reading order. It had been a few years, so I decided to re-read them all.

As I was doing this I realized two things:
1. The reading order could use some reworking.
2. Having them all be in separate files was inconvenient.

So I decided to compile them all into collections. The main big book collection listed on the 1d4chan page is missing stories and never went through any proof reading, so I fixed up whatever typos and grammar I found while I was re-reading.

I figured I might as well share them here.

So, here's the complete (kind of) collection, in four volumes:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/TsMA1qh4
pastebin.com/Gq16KuCF
1d4chan.org/wiki/Strait_Shootaz
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/53640143
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/53716563
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/53858245
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Collection 1 contains

>The Scraplootas Are Far From Finished
>Scraplootas vs. the 1st Membranes
>Dat Blue Grot
>First days on the job
>Original Greentext for Blue
>What's an Ork?
>'Ow I Found Meself by Boris da Titan
>Shake!
>Happy LootWAAAGH

I moved the epilogue of Dat Blue Grot to the end of 'Ow I Found Meself since that eplilouge takes place after all those preceeding stories.

I moved up Shake and Happy LootWAAAGH to earlier in the reading order since they made more sense as earlier stories.

Two Tribes - A Grotocracy Story

I didn't compile this one. It's long enough to count as a volume all on its own. Plus it already has "two" in the title, which is convenient since I count it as volume 2 in this.

Thinking about it, this was done back when you still couldn't post pdf files to Veeky Forums.

I took inspiration from this one in how to compile the other collections, though I feel I wasn't able to do a good enough job with the cover pages with the collections. It's just something I didn't have the know how to do more properly.

Collection 3 contains:

>The Tau and Blue
>Vacation Lost
>Blue and Fanseer Go Wider
>Snekkit in Operayshun Blow It All ta Zog
>Zizzbitz' busy day
>Derknitt's Crusade
>Knights of the octagonal table
>Daily Grind
>Eldar Blues
>'Umie Huntin'
>Scraploota Sortie
>Sooner or Later
>Gettin' Things Rollin'
>Dok Gitstitcha
>Da Minitrukk Job
>The Rodeo Incident
>The Grot
>Scraplootas VS The Rustboyz
>Da Karhold Job
>A Business Proposition
>Rosncranz and Gilnstrum Live On
>Rockeata's day to shine
>Zizzbitz's odd mood
>Rosncranz and Gilnstrum Get Fed

I condensed The Grot Means Business, The Grots Herd Themselves and the other stories about The Grot into one chapter.
Afterthoughts are also part of A Business Proposition.

And some general rearranging since some stories talk about jobs they're getting ready to do and others reference those jobs as having already happened.

Collection 4 contains:

>Welcome to Krumpus Bay
>A Krumpus Bay Outing
>GrotQuest 1 - 5
>A Krumpus Bay Outing: Follow Up (unfinished)
>Indigestion (unfinished)
>Yoof (unfinished)
>Meeting the Strayt Shootaz (you sneaky gits, you went and made a NEW story while I was compiling all this)
>Whatever Happened to Da Blue Grot?

This is where to the (kind of) comes in since there were some unfinished stories that I had in my collection that weren't listed on the 1d4chan page or included anywhere else. I also omitted the smut stories, contributing to the (kind of).

GrotQuest required some archive digging since context action posts were also needed and I didn't include them in the txt file I had. I don't know what I was thinking then, but that's sorted now.

So that's pretty much everything. Not really expecting much out of this thread, but if anyone ever does any archive searches for the Scraplootas looking for new content or mentions of them, maybe they'll find the collections I've put together and enjoy having something like it.

I might shamelessly bump the thread throughout the day just to give anyone who might actually want this a fair chance at finding it.

It'll also give anyone who cares a fair chance to tell me off on anything I fucked up on.

If that happens, I am open to making revisions.

Well then, shameless bump.

Did you also apply these changes to the wiki? It's no good if they disappear with this thread...

Wasn't planning on it unless someone in the thread wanted it done.

I wanted to give everyone a chance to bitch at me instead of just changing things on my own on there.

Well, you'd be giving the Scraplootas some organizational structure where there seems to be none previously. I'm not exactly sure there's a reason not to do it.

Change away, good sir. Just leave the links to anything you excised in your collecting for completeness' sake.

The only ones left out were da funstikk (which is burred away on the wiki page for Blue's green texts), and the crossed out pastebin link to the smut version of Blue and Fanseer go Wider.

I felt I should do some reorganizing since the current reading order on the wiki is actually something that was my doing.

Should I upload the pdf files to 1d4chan?

Time for another shameless bump.

Pretty much the response I expected.

Still going to shamelessly bump though since I know someone else probably wanted all this.

could you make a collection with the lewds? i assume they feature blue yes?

The only lewd stories are

Blue and Fanseer Go Wilder
pastebin.com/TsMA1qh4
Which is an "alternate take" on Blue and Fanseer Go Wider.

And Da Funstikk
pastebin.com/Gq16KuCF
Which I would place after Da Minitrukk Job and before The Rodeo Incident.

If you REALLY want them included, I could do that.

Listen 'ere ya grot. Get get to archivin wot is, an' wot izint. Iz juz promohsuhnz takin da boy to nobhood it is.

Was around for the lootaz, but never played in your fun and games. Did however partake in the reccent bluetoof thread.

If enough anons can be dredged up, perhaps some cross ork action can be had? A bit of the ol' lore generation.

Fine, but give me a bit.

If I'm doing this, I'm doing it properly, that means I gotta do some proof reading, fix up some grammar/spelling/paragraph spacing and what have you.

Then I gotta fix the table of contents, which is going to be two pages long after this, off setting all the page numbers on top of whatever these two smut stories do to it.

I saw that thread after it ended. I'd done a search in the archives since I was compiling all the Scrplootas stories at the time and needed to look up some things.

And there it was, a new story. Took me by surprise that did. I included it in collection 4.

I don't know how many of the anons from the old Scrplootas threads are still around, but the longer this thread stays up, the better the odds are of them showing up in it.

Anyway, guess I need to get to making the smut included edition of collection 3.

'Ere ya go, ya lousy git.

Scraplootas Collection 3, Smut Included Edition.

The table of contents being two pages long annoyed me so much I just shrink the text on it to make it fit.

Couldn't hurt.

So, collection 3 or unrated collection 3?

I'll probably do the editing to the 1d4chan page tomorrow.

Let this swim for as long as it can to see if there are any revisions I need to make.

Well, if the thread still exists when I wake up, that'll be a nice surprise, even better if there's actually some activity or anons pointing out any shit that needs fixing.

It's interesting how many Scraplootas threads actually fly under the radar since Scraplootaz is almost just as a frequently used, and when you search for one, you often forget to search for the other.

That made it a little bit more difficult finding all the stuff I needed to double check when compiling this.

had no idea these guys existed, but a question comes to mind after reading some of the stuff from the wiki. are grots actually smarter than orks? Like goblins where to orcs in fantasy? And if not, is there ever any explanation for why the scraploota grots can organize better than regular orks? Or is it just warp shenanigans?

when you are boris

Da Buk

Grots are typically cowardly and, depending on the fluff, make more of an effort to pronounce words correctly. A grot will usually make an attempt to think if it's left to it's own devices and isn't being pushed around by an ork, and usually if they are being pushed around by and ork they're either thinking about how to get away or how to not get krumped.

The grots in the Scraplootas are slightly warp tainted since they live inside of a chaos titan.
Orks being orks, they're not too affected by Chaos, and the only way it could make grots more twisted was to turn them into bureaucrats.

I'm surprised the thread lasted this long.

Alright, I've updated the 1d4 page now.

Let me know if I messed up anywhere.

I guess I'll just have to take silence as approval.

That always feels kind of wrong.

Good Job, OP

Thanks, OP.

Do whatever promises more data. Just segregate the more heretical content for those weaker willed.

While the grand majority of the Scraplootas' stories are standalone that may call back or foreshadow other stories, the Krumpus Bay stories were all leading up to an attempt to get out of the Karib sector, a sector surrounded on all sides by warp storms. A relatively small pocket of reality protected from the galaxy at large with at least a little representation from most of the major factions.

While "Whatever Happened to Da Blue Grot?" is the definitive final story, I can't help but wonder if they ever did manage to break out of that sector.
I guess that's a story we'll probably never get to read since the writefag behind it is probably long gone.

I remember him saying he'd work on it a little more every time he sees a thread, but I doubt he's even still looking for threads.

I put the "everything" edition on the wiki. Since I'm doing this might as well have zoggin' everything. There's notes indicating which ones are the smut stories.

I did first make the "clean" version, so anyone who wants to collect these does have options, provided they find the pdf here.

Not the OG writefag, and very much not motivated right now. However I did do some work on the lore for "Bluetoof" and was the motive behind his move from simple pirate to Warboss.

Might be that Bluetoof ended up "rekrootin' dem lootaz" for his waaagh. Which was really just an endless quest to pillage the Tau.

Since it seems we are both the last men standing of these piles of lore, its worth weighing in on what you think.

Any survivors of Bluetoof/ scraploota lore building here?

I did include that recent story in the collection. I'd imagine that would happen after they get out of the Karib sector. Once that happens, anything's game.

Though that isn't the only lose end since there's still the tau and the chaos warband in that sector.

How/when did the Straight Shootaz get started anyway?

Looking into them, it seems they have a tau earth caste in their "employ" who is now insane?

Shootaz were a pirate band of orks that evolved from a simple idea: its not about the dakka you dakka, but the dakka that krumps.

the real tl/dr Orks got ahold of rifled guns, which let them shoot straighter, and in turn traded off some close combat prowess. From there they grew into pirates who were fighting the Tau because the humie's kit was not shooty enough, and fighting humies is no fun.

A radical rogue trader convinced the orks that they have "right of fight" ahead of the humies for fighting and looting, so the orks tend to harass the Tau's expansion efforts. Eventually they became a minor Waaagh due to the discovery of a very small space hulk.

Considering their capabilities, and mobility, they probably rolled into Karib sector for some more "loot."

The Shootaz as far as non ork characters go, have a cast of mechanics from the Tau and even Admech that are slaves, who are in general, slowly going insane from living with the orks. They were bartered to the orks by the rogue trader, which offers them no small amount of resentment. Some of them simply make due with life and accomplish the bare minimum to not be killed. TL/DR: ork pirates, will take slaves. wow much ork, such looting. They have been at it long enough that its possible there are now second generation slaves born on their ships.

Huh, so how long ago did all this start?

This year I assume?

Correct, here is a pretty good archive.
1d4chan.org/wiki/Strait_Shootaz

it started here
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/53640143
two
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/53716563
three
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/53858245

Neat. I could see some interesting interactions between them and the Scraplootas. Weird ones between their slaves and Blue.

Don't want Blue to die, I came here for the crazy antics and fighting, not the feels!

Though what ever happened to our Farseer? She's waaaaay too obsessed to just bug out. Would much rather see her at least meet Urtylug.

Fret non user, the stories endure. As does the lore and characters. If anything, she would probably kidnap Blue...for eldar reasons.

The ending gives you multiple choice on what happens to her.

What happened to the Farseer is a good question since they apparently hadn't head from her in a while when they visited Krumpus bay, but she's back for the final story.

There's a lot of room for more stories.

She just psychically visits her once every so many years.

life preserving bump to see if there are any lootas or freebootas left.

to the anons who archived this all into 1d4: thank you.

I'm the OP and I'm still around. I'm just not double posting to bump the thread anymore.

I'm glad it's still up though since I am still hopeful for any sort of feedback or anything.

If there's something you wanted to talk about then I'm game, but I can't really make anything new in terms of proper writefagging.

Personally I wanted to see a bit more of Rosncranz and Gilnstrum.
Shades of Waiting for Godot and some not so subtle nods to Good Omens with those two.

got nothing OP. I would love to see some of the writefags come back, the 1d4chan page may regenerate them. This is the one aspect of the user from Veeky Forums I lament; the inability to reconnect with your user collaborators. I've considered a scraploota quest on /qst/ but It feels awkward taking the helm of such a venerable project. However it might generate interest once more, and allow for lore once more. The downside is blue is 90%moe, 10% lewd, a veritable holdover of elf, ahem, tau slave wat do. In this case make her the clan pet. I am unsure of /qst/'s stance on such material.

After having re-read ALL of the stories in the past week or so, I'd say Blue is more like maybe 2% lewd, the rest is 98% proppa orky, or as proppa orky as the Scraplootas get.

Can't say I really see her as all that moe since she did figure out the ork life and krumps just as good as the rest of them, just with more laughing that you could almost think is innocent sounding.

If you want to try a Scraplootas quest on /qst/ you might as well go for it. GrotQuest was pretty great, it had the benefit of a unique setting, but the problem was getting players organized.
I participated in each session of it, but finding the threads for it was always hard since there wasn't a solid schedule.

The worst thing that could happen is you don't get any players.

I hear that's a real problem on /qst/, getting players.
I guess you need a hook or drawfagging to maintain longer quests there so interest doesn't die off.