Is tabletop mostly played people leaning on the left or the right of the political spectrum?

Is tabletop mostly played people leaning on the left or the right of the political spectrum?

Other urls found in this thread:

8values.github.io
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Let's see how long it takes mods to delete this thread

Nobody knows because nobody has done a survey of the gaming population asking this question.

left

Tabletop is escapism for most. Why bring politics to the table if it's not relevant?

Yes. I've seen very few true centrists.

I think i'm a centrist, but i'm ashamed to admit it
I feel like i believe in nothing

Me too. It's ok

>inb4 ms paint anti centrist comics

The overton window has shifted so far that today's centrism is yesterday's milquetoast pinko queer. Yesterday's centrist is literally Hitler.

Historicals are probably more right-wing. Sci-fi and fantasy probably a mix of either side. erotic rp is obviously for those on the rite.

Nerd shit tends to attract a certain kind of person, generally fat atheists who dislike women.

>fat atheists who dislike women
I feel like this used to mean left more than right only a few years ago

>falling for the left-right spectrum meme

>fat atheists who dislike women.
Recently it's attracted a lot of fat women who dislike straight white men.

No one is allowed to discuss real world politics at my table, and I imagine(hope) that's true of most tables

Well depends on the group, but yea if you don't know the people well it's best to just keep it out by default
If you know it wont start fights there's no problem in my opinion

>left or right?
Yes.
A) People mostly play for fun, not to discuss politics
B) Not quite. More that they're getting more attention because "muh gurl gamer!"

Creative industries tend to be more left leaning, so I'd imagine there'd be a slight left wing bias among people involved in creative hobbies. Probably not particularly significant though.

I think there was a study once that concluded that right-leaning people preferred ye olden age fantasy, and left-leaning people preferred sci-fi.
Please spare us with anecdotal stories about you left-wing nut liking fantasy or vice-versa. You are not a study.

Because /pol/tards, of course.

it's really the same profile of losers regardless of what geographic population you're pulling them from, but the bumblefuck pockets of America recently caught up with the last decade tehcnologically so now the collective population of smalltown losers on the internet nearly rivals what were already fairly unified groups of urban losers previously in operation. and then political affiliations map roughly akin to geographic populations in the respective areas. It was never about direct correlations of politics to hobby, it's just that all the red state hicks learned how computers and internet work and now that they're in touch with the rest of the civilized world they want to think they're people.

Lots of this.

Depends on your location and which game.
40k attracts political nihilists, no surprise given the setting. Historicals tend to attract more traditional folks, whether right wing or left wing. There's a cluster of games that attract hipsters and extreme lefties. It's all quite diverse really.

But at the same time, much "tabletop" nerd shit attracts uber-hipster numales and rainbow haired women.

In real life I tend to find left leaning people.

On the internet everybody is staunchly right wing.

What about places like Toronto, Portland or Sanfran?
Where "nerd-chic" a la BBT and related nonsense has encouraged the cool non-loser types to get into tabletop (stopping short of miniature wargames of course).

Fantasy as a whole is much more popular than any other kind of TTRPG.

> it's just that all the red state hicks learned how computers and internet work and now that they're in touch with the rest of the civilized world they want to think they're people.
Yikes 2bh. So much for the tolerant left

>willingly interacting with people from toronto, portland and sanfran outside of business

Politics are fucking garbage to talk about anywhere non-serious. I don't give a fuck.

>In real life I tend to find left leaning people.
Yeah left leaning people are more common out in the streets. That's mostly because right leaning people are busy having a job.

>if I don't interact with them they don't exist
I mean, they have an huge media presence, and are more or less the ambassadors of the hobby to a normie audience.

This is a group that seems to like talking about nerd stuff more than actually involving themselves with it. Kind of like a real life Veeky Forums, really. Except Veeky Forums isn't taken seriously by the big industries.

>toronto, portland and sanfran are ambassadors of the hobby
Let it die then.

>Kind of like a real life Veeky Forums, really.
man, low blow
you're right, but it still hurts

Hey I don't disagree that they're awful.

Are OP's mostly made by people leaning on the suck dick or eat ass of the quality spectrum?

Literally don't think I've ever had a political discussion at the club, even after a few pints.

Thank fuck because it's dull and just makes people squabble.

So here's my usual gaming group:
>Right wing on anything related to defense or handguns, left wing everything else
>Centrist-left (as far as I can tell)
>Hard left
>Libertarian
>Old-school right wing that loathes the current Republican party (also the oldest guy at the table)
>"Fuck it, I'mmamove to Norway if it gets worse".

tl;dr - We don't give a fuck about politics when we sit down to the game table. We're here to GAME.

Friendly reminder that Wizards of the Coast's upcoming hip new Dungeon Master toolkit comes with native twitch integration so you too can stream your D&D 5E campaign on Twitch.tv just like Matt Mercer and his friends on Critical RoleĀ®!

This matches my experience and expectations: an overall somewhat left wing bias. That said I think the escapist nature of tabletop probably attracts more radicals than normal though: in the hobby I've met an American new monarchist, a radical Cascadian separatist, a literal Nazi (and this was pre-/pol/ so it was still unusual then) and various other weirdos.

I tend to find that the people I play with are leaning back in their chairs.

Either left or right-leaning libertarian. The younger set are nearly always left, some even going as far as full SJW. The older grognards, especially the veterans, are generally libertarians.

I predict that the mods won't even bother to remove this.

My group has:
2 Liberals
1 Libertarian Conservative
1 Alt-Right Trump supporter
1 Person who hates politics

We get along ok. Everyone agrees that the world is fucked, we just have different ideas on the best way to fix it.

Honestly we argue more about roleplaying than we do about politics. Everyone has a good sense of humor about it, and there are a few political shows that we all enjoy (even if we don't agree with their biases)

One of mine leans so far back he falls asleep.

>Extreme far-backers should be arrested!

As far as anecdotal evidence goes, we have literal nazi bodybuilder/bouncer and gay brony manager playing in the same group. They get along just fine. We have token muslim too, he doesn't seem to have political views, but we feed him bacon every once in a while just in case, to make sure he doesn't go radical.

Fucking test it yourself.

8values.github.io

Mama used to say:
Don't bring politics or Religion up if you want to have fun.

Also, nice digits.

All my sleepers are far forward leaning. They say it's so they can rest their heads on the table.

>we feed him bacon every once in a while just in case, to make sure he doesn't go radical.

kek'd

>Extremist forward-leaning hate group detected

It depends on the game, alot of RPG players seem to be left leaning idiots as it allows them to roleplay the gender/race they prefer.

Wargamers seem to be mostly conservative or moderates.

Boardgamers are a broad spectrum, I've seen ultra lib nightmares and staunch authoritarian conservatives.

MTG players....well, they're MTG players....

>>ITT Cityfolk pretend they're human beings instead of tin-canned good goys

You're not fooling anyone

You lean forward because when you fall asleep the feeling of falling down instantly wakes you up.
t. someone who kept falling asleep in shool

i'm ruskie, western media always draws me as very very bad goy

Better to be part of a moderate flyover state than a left-wing fascist hellhole.

>right wing people and/or people from small towns are sub human

moviebob please go.

>he believes in the Overton Window as a real thing
How's Beck's newer fiction these days?