Paizo Games General /pgg/

Paizo Games General /pgg/ (Pathfinder & Starfinder)

Hotties Edition:
Have you ever played a character that was ugly/undesirable?

/pgg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
current playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77201/essentia-forgotten-home
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/79068/journey-to-the-west
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77814/ensoulment-of-the-flower-court
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/71590/puella-librum-daemonium
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/75856/dimensional-ark-abyssia
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/80257/wrath-of-the-righteous
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/80328/volo-fluffy-tails-9
d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/feats/returning-throw-psionic/
d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/feats/deadly-throw-psionic/
d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/feats/twin-throw-combat/
ghostbin.com/paste/ntn6u
youtu.be/HK3FAmLhGJs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Have you ever played a character that was ugly/undesirable?
Half my characters are 7 CHA fampai. It's simply too tempting to dump it.

Should I make an uggo for Wrath of the Righteous, or Linnorm Kings?

Thanks for all the help last time.

I'm working on a homebrew "fantasy robot" race for pathfinder since the Paizo Android is boring as shit and has a feat tax on having a personality.

Objective is to balance this roughly where the core races are. Right now my main concerns are:
Is this shit balanced?
Is the wording legible?

Any and all feedback is appreciated.

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77201/essentia-forgotten-home (Closing in 2 Weeks)
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/79068/journey-to-the-west (Closing in 4 Days)
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77814/ensoulment-of-the-flower-court (Closing in 1 Week)
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/71590/puella-librum-daemonium (Closing when Nut Milk Delivered(This Weekend))
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/75856/dimensional-ark-abyssia (Closing in 1 Week)
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/80257/wrath-of-the-righteous (Closing in 3 Weeks)
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/80328/volo-fluffy-tails-9 (Closing in 3 Weeks)

I've almost never played a character with low Charisma.
But I'm playing a character right now who is convinced he's ugly.

How to into thrown weapons, with psionics

d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/feats/returning-throw-psionic/

d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/feats/deadly-throw-psionic/

d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/feats/twin-throw-combat/

With these in your Arsenal, you'll never lose, you can retrain Returning Throw later if you take Ricochet toss (But given that pre-reqs, its probably better to just take Ricochet and get a returning weapon for full attacks on the ez)

Charisma has nothing to do with looks

Seems like way the fuck too much text for as simple a concept as "I want to play a robot dude".

>Now I kinda want to see this happen. The sheer panic in the eyes of the character and he's just.. "I.. I can't use this! I DON'T KNOW HOW!".
At that level of play, you probably splashed out for a backup ioun stone.

The real question is ______SOME_______

>players
>preparing backups

you give them far too much credit.

When the fuck is this going to happen, /pgg/?

I agree, but Paizo and Wizards, as well as a handful of terrible DMs do not.

Why are we doing /pgg/ when we're inevitably going to split up into /pfg/ and /sfg/ in August?

Because some retards pushed it and nobody else cares enough to fight it

>Have you ever played a character that was ugly/undesirable?

Yeah, twice. Ugly Goliath and Ugly Hungerseed Tiefling.

There isn't going to be a /pfg/ and /sfg/ spit in August. That's fucking moronic, user.

BODY

Alright, so, that thing I mentioned a couple of threads back, homebrewing a Prestige Gestalt Ruleset? I've been working on it (slowly) for the last couple of days, and it's finally done:

ghostbin.com/paste/ntn6u

I'd love some feedback. Did I fuck something up? Are any of the instructions clear? Is the formatting shot to hell? I tried to make it look good, but lack of word-wrapping kinda fucked it up and I had to try to do it manually.

Because lack of foresight and user.

They're entirely different games with different mechanics, but also share some nomenclature which would would cause confusion.

Your trips can't save you from this truth.

The bulk of the text is in the "robot dude with robot parts" section. I can't think of any better way to word those parts though, since it's something that has to be expressed in detail beyond "you start play with 1.6k of equipment at level 1". Do you think there's a better way to word it that'd be terser?
Aside from that, I think it's not horribly verbose, but I could be wrong.

>entirely different games
Which are designed to be interchangeable and portable. There's no sense in diluting ourselves across two generals and taking up two spaces on the catalogue for half the conversation user.

What's the punkest nation of origin for a character in Golarion? Like if I'm going to get smashed and listen to Sex Pistols and the Clash on repeat before every session, and take a bat for giving the DM a crack if he tries any fuckin' funny stuff, where should my character be from, and what should his class be?

Ustalav

Firstly, you're assuming that Starfinder will have the same sort of traffic as Pathfinder, which it won't.

And secondly, this is fucking Veeky Forums, we're not a turbofast board, there's room for Starfinder.

Sage, ignore and report this thread.

First new thread is here:

Yeah, I played you like a fiddle, you're pretty ugly.

Also, stop being a whiny little bitch just because the thread isn't labeled the way you want it to be. Saged.

Fuck off, weeaboo.

>Firstly, you're assuming that Starfinder will have the same sort of traffic as Pathfinder, which it won't.

A fair share of the people here will likely dabble in Starfinder. /pfg/ was already in decline, combining a nascent system like Starfinder makes this general actually relevant again.

>And secondly, this is fucking Veeky Forums, we're not a turbofast board, there's room for Starfinder.

But why waste space for two half-generals?

>literally replying in the cuck thread instead of where the posts you're replying to are
Ayy lmao.

That's because he IS ugly, you fat-tailed uggo.

Threads have been made for less.

Sounds like someone from North Andoran, user!

It's actually kind of sad to see animeposter this bootyblasted about getting BTFO yet again. Hopefully this will be the death gasp before they're banned forever.

It's especially hilarious given that his last thread got nuked by mods.

What kind of corporate stooges and corrupt politicians and milquetoast middle class pieces of shit are there to rage against?

Wow, this doesn't smell of samefagging at all! Please ignore the 1.5 to 2 minute spacing between each post, with the same writing style and attitude! It's almost like you're a total faggot that is purposefully bumping his own shitty thread~!

>literally replying in the cuck thread instead of where the posts you're replying to are
Ayy lmao.

>me
>weeaboo
Not only wrong, but seriously, how can someone be this assblasted over animu on an animu board and a fucking tag that is entirely warranted? I don't understand just how fucking autistic one needs to be to make this into an issue.

>before they're banned forever.
>getting banned
>for being the first to create a thread
>for posting in the appropriate thread that came first
Jesus Christ you're fucking retarded.

The voters, the candidates, and most of all THE LUMBER CONSORTIUM.

Wrong.

Also, this thread has more IP's than the weeb shit one. There is literally no point in samefag-bumping.

How do you feel about the newest Ensoulment apps?

Tbh there's way too many apps to seriously read all of them.

>Jesus Christ you're fucking retarded.
The mods have deleted animethreads even when they were first on multiple occasions. They don't like animethreads anymore than we do, it seems.

Has your character ever completely given up hope? Tell me about it!

Can somebody give a brief summary of all the Ensoulment apps?

Page 2 is pretty much all trash randos. Easily ignored.

I'd be happy to see one, but that would take about as much effort as writing a novel.

What caused the hype for Ensoulment to die down on /pgg/? Did everybody interested apply?

Does it involve basketball?

App period that is way too long.

App period is too damn long to sustain excitement. There's now more top tier apps than slots so all that's left to do is watch for protag's picks.

Pretty much. Too long of an app period.

why are there always two threads lately fuck
reposting, i guess

Making a character with a thieving background but righteous intentions to fight for justice. Should I make them a rogue for mechanics and roleplay the rest, or a stalker vigilante?

Rule of thumb: ignore the one with an anime picture and /pfg/-forcing

It can be either desu. A Slayer would also work, especially since there are a few justice-themed Slayer archetypes.
Generally speaking, multiple builds can fit a given backstory.

That does sound ripe.
But none of the current games are really friendly for a North Andoran punk rebel, are they?

Which of the apps are top tier, and why?

CCC, Rinta, Witch.
Because they have the most memes.
:^)

Here's another reason Kawase fucked off and stopped forcing shitty polls. Unsurprisingly discussion immediately died.

Takashi is legitimately my favorite, I want to see the game get taken to the space jam

This. I want this game to get taken into overtime.

So it was the chinaman all along? I should've known.

He's literally NPC tier. I don't get the hype at all.

Literally celeb.

explain how he's NPC tier

>hurr i slam
>durr i jam

That's it? What happened to celebs being celebs because they were simply better, and not their own value being artificially pumped up by the cabal?

One note character.

I can't actually make strawpolls considering they want a captcha. Discussion died long before yesterday.

>He doesn't see how the simple setup of the character actually lends it pretty well to the overall ideals of Ensoulment

Ayyy

Everyone and everything of note applied and tbe new apps are rando trash, the new characters are neither interesting nor well-written. You can only meme elf feet and hiveminds for so long.

That's because I care about characters, not cardboard cutouts that work much better as backdrops to the real characters.

You can define anyone as a cardboard cutout if you don't look into them

Rinta is literally just 'collectives'

Who are you and where did Kawase touch you desu

The difference is that there's some actual characterization with Rinta.

Are you Broodie trying to defend your latest NPC?

No, Rinta is someone who is less about collectives and more about wanting to be able to connect and communicate with other people because she's stone cold deaf, and is so desperate she just handwaves the potential problems with collectives.

I pretty much always play characters that are explicitly not attractive.

No I just find it really strange who the thread proclaims to be NPCs and not, ya'll don't make sense.

Listen here, you amphibian, commie piece of shit.

The beauty of Takashi is that he's got a goal that simultaneously reaches towards lofty ideals and yet is also attainable by the means available to the character and the realm. That's not common by any means; most of these fucks either want some fucked up or trivial goals, or they aim for something so lofty as to be unattainable.

Takashi is dramatically better than the fucking elf bitch that wants to kill and replace God, though, so there's that, you fucking commie.

Exactly. Given the grandiose intro, it'll be a damn shame if Ensoulment ends up with nothing but shallow stereotypes simply because there were too few real characters available.

NPCs, in this instance, are defined as characters with minimal characterization and little depth to work with. This describes not only most of the rando apps, but a great deal of /pgg/'s applications, including some of the most hyped characters who I suspect are carried on the basis of their art alone.

See above. There's no character with him, he's literally a joke.

Takashi is not a joke user.

You know who's really a joke? Mao Zedong

Kawase isn't actually a commie tho. He's a filthy capitalist who is joining the party while pretending to be a commie IRL only to avoid being purged.

youtu.be/HK3FAmLhGJs

The usual suspects:
C3, Rinta, Witch (carried by C3), Ceraphine, Derrin, Alexander (carried by Derrin).

This Takashi thing is funny but also a pretty clear example of why GMs should never take these sorts of popularity contests seriously. People just latch onto whatever stands out.

The ultimate group picked from here would be bazketball, foxtits, nugget man, ruse ooze, and vandread.

I thought Alexander was the king of yaoi?

Fucking -this-, this is actually the entire charm of the character, he just wants to share something he loves with the kingdom. Its simple, but grounding compared to the madness and insanity most the apps are.

Plus its just fun, there'll be plenty to play about with the character's naivety and introducing basketball villians

A goal is nothing without the ability to reach it. In this case, the issue is that Takashi is nothing but an ideal looking for a character.

Fuck you, Ruse Ooze and Nugget man were god tier apps, seriously.

Foxtits is carried by art, and we only like Vandread ironically

POST YOUR CHARACTER CONCEPTS
DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU WANT TO USE THEM IN A /PG/ CAMPAIGN, A REGULAR CAMPAIGN, OR EVEN IF YOU'RE NOT SURE YOU'LL PLAY THEM AT ALL
JUST POST THEM

>Fucking -this-
Please stop that. What's there is easily accomplished by an NPC.

>he didn't read the DP fic

Son...

>app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/71590/puella-librum-daemonium
Just got a soft extension

Need for a sheet was waived, Vult said he was going to PM THEM

A character I get to play.
How's that?

Why does every character in the party have to be some conflicted edgelord user.

Whats wrong with you, being a conflicted edgelord doesn't make you a good character.

Fuck both of you, Vandread is legitimately awesome. I hope he burns this kingdom to the ground and rapes all the cute apps AND the Princess AND the King too!

Nice strawman, jackass. Rinta's not an edgelord, and she's a conflicted and compelling character. Takashi has no goddamn character to speak of.

>One of the few worthy male characters dropped from JttW

Is this the curse of the clam bake?

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/79068/journey-to-the-west