YOU HAVE TEN SECONDS TO BE AS TRUE NEUTRAL AS POSSIBLE

YOU HAVE TEN SECONDS TO BE AS TRUE NEUTRAL AS POSSIBLE.

Okay.

>ancap meme ball dot jpeg

... As long as your paying.

Why?

You first.

What's the point?

I can't be anything but neutral good user.

>Ancap
>Not chaotic neutral

I mean more of a proper ANCAP than the meme ones where not breaking the NAP confuses and causes mental harm thus breaks the NAP so I get out my recreational thermonuclear missile, "don't fuck with me and I won't fuck with you" is pretty TN.

Can't, too busy farming. Sorry.

w/e man, I still get paid in the end.

'sup, can I stop now? After I get paid of course.

I never tell the truth because I don't believe there is a truth.

I have no strong feeling one way or the other

Negative. Your suggestion is something a chaotic good character could get behind. A violation of the rights of the individual is a violation of us all.

I choose not to.

I can neither confirm nor deny that I even am true neutral.

In order to achieve a true solution to the crisis that faces us we must balance the desires of the selfish with the ideals of the naive.

We've lost either way. Why even bother fighting?

What are you, some weakling?

Even small animals have more courage than you when backed into a corner, as we have been. Where is your steel, coward?

Would you stand aside as lordlings and knaves alike come to destroy our way of life?

Who else amongst you has not the spirit to fight? I would speak with you.

I Have no strong feelings one way or the other

Tell my wife I said
Hello

what do you mean do a thing
if I don't do a thing the same stuff will happen, in general

Ho-hum, I do love smoking my pipe

Our defeat is inevitable, it is simply the march of fate. Struggle as you will, but don't expect any aid. We've played our parts, and I for one have no regrets.

> ft. didn't read the thread.

Good job on failing to improve the discussion.

If our defeat is truly inevitable, then I shall face it with sword in hand and defiance in my words.

What happened to you to make you so frail of heart? Did your mother not love you? Did the natural order of things not assert itself in your upbringing?

Come sit by the fire, child. We will get to the bottom of this thorn in your side.

Why should I care about improving this discussion? What's in it for me?

The chance to learn something new, you shitposting savage.

Well I'm not him but what broke me were the god damn vampires. I did not sign up to be eaten alive by vampires and the damn mosquito they keep in the millions.

What's the deeper game philosophy driving one who is neutral?
In terms of wealth or power, an evil character might rationalize the destruction of wealth or power if his own increases in relation to what others possess.
A good person would likely never destroy the property or position of other good or neutral individuals, possibly to the point of his own detriment.
Does neutrality mean acceptable losses within parameters of mutual exchange with a more or less fair exchange system or power structure?

Can't you see it? We're in checkmate. This doesn't have to do with upbringing or character. Fight or not, our futures are not for us to decide anymore. That came and passed long ago.

Aye, that much is true. That lordling over there never told us about no blasted vampires. I guess they considered us expendable in their grand design. *spits in the fire*.

Still, a Vampire can be destroyed if your sword arm is strong and your heart is stronger. One need merely incapacitate them. Take it's weapons away from it or lure it into a trap and they go down easy enough. Especially if you cut off their limbs. *mirthless chuckle*.

Personally I say we should just blast off and nuke the entire site from orbit.

Personal growth but with a guiding morality that protects one against their own base nature.

Neutral characters can often be even more honourable than Good ones.

In that case all that's left is to decide how well we die.

You don't plan on dying like some herd animal being led to the slaughter, do you?

Stand with me, friend. Stand with me and we will face our destiny together.

>learning something new
>on Veeky Forums

You learned you were shitposting.

Besides, you only get out of life what you put into it.

I mean that basically suggested 5e Lizardmen, who are TN. They'll eat you for dinner if you cause trouble in their territory but are perfectly willing to trade goods too, and they tend to avoid leaving their own lands because they assume they'll be the ones made dinner if they muck about in humie town.

Personally I prefer a weak heart; a strong one means they will go after you first since you have a lot of blood! Considering also how many limbs these fucking mosquitos have I much rather go with your plan and purge this entire area with fire then fight these things in hand to hand combat!

> TN because they never have to deal with anything more problematic than the rare outsider.

Unimaginative in the extreme, and a cop-out at that.

It would have been more appropriate to name them as protectors of the lands they call home, as caretakers of the swamps.

Fuck off

You always were a bastard, weren't you?
...Fine then. A quick death or a slow one. What difference does it make? I'll see this through.

Aye. Fuck the lordling's plan. I'll not be some pawn in the designs of those who think them our better.

Wait... what happened to the little one we rescued? We need to go back for her!

I can't ask you to come with me... Go. Get the ignition prepped. I will go alone if none other will help. I know i'm jeopardizing everything but I have to try.

> reminder that good guy paladin would let the little girl die if the numbers didn't work out.

Don't let me stop you then; make sure you take the bug spray and a flamethrower.

Our battle will echo in the taverns and make lordling and knave alike fear our very names. Very well then, we will have last blood or die trying!

They're protectors of their own ass, the murder swamp doesn't need help protecting itself when it has shit like Shambling Mounds and Froghemoths eating would-be exploiters.

I spent those ten seconds not bothering to post

Go and save yourself then. I know you have people waiting for your safe return.

I have no one waiting for me. It's only right that I should go alone into the darkness.

Can I go back to sleep?

Neutral characters are the ones most likely to end up in a last stand scenario.

"good" guys don't travel alone. Evil guys would just sacrifice others to escape.

not my problem
not my job

Yeah, whatever. You have my blade just as long as the enemy agrees not to bury us in the same ditch. I don't need further convincing.

You didn't take much convincing, did you?

When this is over you and I should have a word about self-determination.

That's fine.

Garth was evil m8.

Hard mode;

> character has multiple personalities.

I got nothing.

I don't care about people who I don't personally know, but I won't go out of my way to fuck with them.

The personalities are aware of each other and despite being different in temperament and values, maintain a certain strictness in behaviour to co-exist in balance. The composite person falls into true neutral due to their inability to actually commit strongly in either personality's direction.

I fail to see how the dragon is my problem.

No, that's not enough gold.

Female Space Marines would be okay.

True Neutrals cannot solve this.

Trolley is not moving.

Solved

Yeah we can.

You fool, the trolley is always moving, you just choose to ignore it.

Wouldn't the true neutral solution be to just not get involved

Yes it is you weasely little shit. Now answer truthfully or everyone dies.

True neutral solution would be to wreak terrible vengeance upon the foe that perpetrated the situation, on behalf of the fallen. One death or five, blood will be drawn.

While the Paladin writes poems about the philosophies of morality the rest of us are busy getting our hands dirty.

That's called "good", sonny. TN would allow the trolley to continue on its present course, not out of laziness or indifference, but out of recognition of the natural order of things. Trolleys move, people die, and sometimes they happen simultaneously. An object in motion should stay in motion, and an object at rest should stay at rest.

Nay. Whoever it was that set these things in motion did so out of contempt for the natural order of things.

One day it may be you on that track. Or someone you love, or perhaps even a son or a daughter.

It may be that there is nothing to be done, but it is in our own best interest to stop it happening again.

Again, that would be good user. True Neutral would stay out of it unless they have a personal stake in the situation.

I have a personal stake in killing shitmongers who chain people to deathtraps.

You're confusing self-interest with selflessness. Though mayhap you are merely a fool.

Meh.

I've been watching it for 10 minutes now. It's definitely not moving. Can I go now?

Fair enough, I guess

That's because it's a static image meant to illustrate the hypothetical known as the Trolley Problem, wherein the trolley would in fact be moving. You're supposed to be True Neutral not True Retarded.

>Nay. Whoever it was that set these things in motion did so out of contempt for the natural order of things.
Do not hurry to assume malice when stupidity or accident are to blame. If anything, wouldn't the more "good" option be to quickly untie the one and move the trolley that way? That solution never seems to come to mind.

>One day it may be you on that track. Or someone you love, or perhaps even a son or a daughter.
So it may be. I would accept it. If I was not intended to be near trolley tracks, I would not be there.

>It may be that there is nothing to be done, but it is in our own best interest to stop it happening again.
That may be the case with obvious villains. But what about predator/prey conflict? Would you hurry to "protect" a deer from being attacked by wolves? Or do you assign an arbitrary value to human/oid life as opposed to animal life?

why does it have to be 10 seconds? let's all be continuously neutral on each other

you know, if you want to

who cares amirite

I keep company with both liberals and conservatives

> I would accept the death of a loved one.

Weakling. There is a world of difference between maintaining balance and being afraid to accept responsibility for one's actions.

You would watch as the world burned around you, and become a king of ashes.

Well somebody should have said that then.

Anyway, I think I'm going to go with "the left one". That way I get to be tied up with all my friends instead of being run over all alone. Yeah. I'd definitely pick to be on the left side.

"Good, Evil, Fuck all that I'm the guy with the gun."

True neutrals still engage in pain avoidance. If the trolley tries to run over 5 people it will kill those 5 but tip over injuring and maiming it's passengers, which will be a lot of pain and annoyance from listening totem scream. But if you run over that one person the trolley is much less likely to have problems and just continue on it's way and the passages will but just slightly traumatized mentally.

You couldn't shitpost even if you had a frog taped to your keyboard!

Another weakling stands in my presence. Your pitiful attempt to shed intellect upon the situation is disturbing in it's egocentric hypocrisy.

Lawful Good is attempting to stop the Train or removing all victims
Neutral Good is only killing the one barring no other information given
Chaotic Good is as Neutral Good, but hunting down the one who tied them up

Lawful Neutral is doing what you think is morally best
True Neutral is never even being there in the first place
Chaotic Neutral is doing whichever you want

Lawful Evil is shooting the driver to try and stop it. Or not.
Neutral Evil is letting the train pass by and then killing the remainders
Chaotic Evil is trying people to a train track and telling someone to decide which live.

I never thought of extolling brutal Vengeance as a goodly act.

Especially if one intends to torture the perpetrator to prevent it happening again.

From the perspective of a homesteading human, a Paladin slaughtering a den of kobolds then shitstomping the babies would be Lawful Good.
From the kobold perspective it would be Neutral Evil.
From the perspective of the local dragon the kobolds worshipped it would be Lawful Evil.
The local crazed druid with a chicken farm oft raided by kobolds might see it as Neutral Good.
Fantasy-peta would see it as Chaotic Evil.
The Paladin's superiors, whose morality has been deadened by decades dedicated to the eradication of species troublesome to the human towns, funded by the church, populating the frontier in the name of their god, would see it as Lawful Neutral.
The rogue who inquired about the kobold killing contract after the Paladin had taken care of it might see it as Chaotic Neutral.
The kobold paladin who slaughtered his kin after denouncing the savagery of his own species in the name of Pelor might see it as chaotic good.

The realtor who owns the town, outsourced the pest-control contract to the region's capital, hired a paladin exterminator at below average market value, and had his villagers reward the paladin with thanks, a paltry amount of gold and near-worthless villager family "heirlooms", is True Neutral.

> crazed druid.

Cleric-bias much.

Sure they can. They either flip the switch or do not, based on a series of intensely arbitrary in-the-moment situations, like "It's my off-hand, so flipping is an awkward motion" or "my center of gravity is already halfway shifted toward the flip anyway" and then their higher brain functions engage in complex moral rationalizations after the fact to continue to convince themselves they aren't bad people.

Wow, you have no idea how alignments work do you?

Just looking at Good, why does Law vs Chaos make the difference between trying to save everyone and trying to find the culprit? Do you think Lawful means you don't care who commits crimes? And do you think Chaotic means you don't care about saving more people?

Yh. A Neutral character would have the choice to extol vengeance or not. Make no mistake about the malicious intent behind it though.

Nature-domain clerics can be just as crazed.
Although honestly, Clerics and Druids are both crazed. Clerics just use the veil of religion.