Is there a game whit this points or mechanics on it:

Is there a game whit this points or mechanics on it:
>Low level lethality if not cautious
>Gold/money its really necessary for survival

Overall mechanics that tie the players to the world and bring them down to earth, not leaving anything as a disposable/unnecessary item,also forcing players to think their moves

I come from playing mostly 5e

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wMOPI-Cz4c0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I can think of a few systems with lethal combat but nothing on the second one. It sounds to me like you're less interested in "need gold to live" and more "need to track consumables to live, which require gold to get". Basic needs like food and water aren't that exciting to most people so a lot of systems streamline or ignore it.

For example, yesterday i was playing 8 bit dungeon, in that game the only way to recover hp and "action points" was to rest at the inn, but each rest at the inn cost 10 gp per player level, and a good fight can give each player up to 5gp, but leave them exhausted, so fighting was always a risk because they didnt know if they could afford to go back to the inn and rest

Low lethality level when not cautious doesn't make sense, so I'm gonna assume you meant high lethality if not cautious.

Black Crusade with humans only, playing in a hive world under attack by Orks or Tau.

Alternatively, Shadowrun.

Ryuutama

There is an Italian game with that premise, called "l'ultima torcia" (english: the last torch), but I haven't played yet so it might be shite.

Also I can't find any info about it in English, sorry.

I think Shadowrun would be your best bet. Deathwatch uses a requisition system that is sort of but not really at all like money, and the items you get are definitely necessary for survival, and if you aren't cautious (and face proper challenges) it can be highly lethal so that might also be something you want to look into. A few days ago I found the entire Deathwatch PGB on Scribd if you want to look for it.

I think i will be checking deathwatch, i dont like shadowrun system at all

Don't worry, Shadowrun players don't like the system either.

I could also suggest RuneQuest 6/Mythras, as well as M-Space.

Red Markets is about being really fucking poor and also it's a partial zombie apocalypse.

Yeah all the games from the brp family tend to feel like that, the only bad thing is that you cant go to the high fantasy ground

I want this fucking book to come out.

seemed like it could fix all my problems but i cant read spaghetti :C

Most of the 40k rpg settings with humans, I would also say Call of Cthulhu where you need to be really cautious, and you can track all the expense, if you truly wish (I've thought about a hobo campaign, where they wouldn't have too many belongings to follow...)

Could you say the same about warhammer fantasy?

Also, as it was said, good shadowrun where you play smartly the corporations (if they want the runners dead, it's not a simple "lolwut, send som asasin" for example)

never played in the warhammer fantasy setting, but from what I've heard, the first and 2nd edition are also pretty rough for the players (and mostly made to play mere humans in the Empire), while the third is more D&Dish

the post was meant to be a reply

Hate to be that one guy but GURPS, especially at a low tech level. At stone to medieval eras, players are still buying their food by barter. Also, healing takes time, and so if you get shot by a bow and survive, you are effectively out of combat for at least a month. It takes some time getting into, but the GURPS general would be pretty helpful

there is some pretty neat stuff for that in Cthulhu : Dark Age (that time where the players can actually caught the Black Death...)

Let me tell you about REAL D&D.

WARHAMMER FANTASY ROLEPLAYING GAME

What is the difference between advanced and the other OSR, thaco?

Advanced has more rules. Advanced doesn't have race-as-class. Advanced has more first-party content.

Basic is built off OD&D core + Supp I, AD&D is built off all of OD&D.

wfrp 2ed

Listen to these men

>Low level lethality if not cautious
So you mean combat where people don't usually die?

I think he means a system that is leathal if you are not cautious at low character levels.

How about Zweihänder? Heard some good things about it and it's often linked to WFRP. But I'm not too sure if it really is good.

Zweihander is rules bloat rehash of wfrp2ed. Instead try Shadow of Demonlord.

Song of Swords is pretty lethal.

why do you want money to be necessary for survival?

Anima: Beyond Fantasy

An average level one character will have around 100 HP. A longsword will do 50 unless you reduce or block the damage by defending well and having good armor.

On that note, you generally need good armor and weapons (and Quality items are very expensive despite being a lot stronger) but this is also a system with rules for breaking weapons and armor if you take a big hit

The game has a ton of over the top anime superpower nonsense, but the lore and optional rules basically say "the players shouldn't have any/easy access to this stuff at low levels, but should gradually get bits over time". You're free to ignore this if you want, but if you want a super gritty low level campaign it's very possible. The game is also quite tactical in it's combat, with lots of potential modifiers and conditions you can build up

People need to learn the value of gp

Shadow of the Demon Lord. You not only need to pay the upkeep for living expanses but you are fragile like glass (at the start you start as commoner, level 0)

I'm forthing this
I lost my dwarf protagonist after like a couple sessions.
it was great fun, stole a skaven warpfire thrower (he already had a flame proof suit), used it on some treefolk and due to a lucky hit by a a bigger one went up in flames and lost a leg.
Fate points are there for a reason my dudes

D&D Basic of course.

SOTDL haves a very good character creation, and yeah players felt quite poor
Did you use the normal setting?
Is basic different from ad&d and all the other osr?

That's "low level" lethality. not a low level of lethality.

But why? Why does money need to be a critical resource rather than something else? What does it add to the game?

The way I see it, having money be critical is a mistake, as the means of attaining it are broad and largely mundane. The best solution becomes investment and business, which are the two most boring things to do in a setting where anything is possible. If there is not enough currency in circulation for that sort of activity, surely people would use something more practical. Just a thought.

Well not all settings/systems let you hoard money that fast

I doesnt have to be money,but any mechanic that grounds the players, like when they want to start stealing shit from stores, and a guard comes up and fuck their shit up

Well, which is it then? What was initially described was specific, and what you're describing is broad. If you're just talking about generic scarcity that can be applied to any game in any setting.

any mechanic that enforces it

Sounds like Torchbearer, which is Resource Management: the RPG.

Well, Id say that one way you can represent the value of whatever the party's fungible currency is would be to have a set rate of theft when they enter a populated area, forcing them to get their business done and get out before pickpockets and unscrupulous innkeepers rob them blind.

isnt torchbearer running with the burning wheel system?

You could try choose your own adventure games like this series.

youtube.com/watch?v=wMOPI-Cz4c0

YES

YESSSSSS

BE THE RATCATCHER THAT SAVES THE KINGDOM!

Nice shilling my friend

How fast/common is wh combat?

Combat is all the system can do. it doesn't go too fast because people generally have a less than 50% chance of hitting stuff.

>Did you use the normal setting?
I thought we were so every manling there thought my dorf was a bit of a dick

3.PF

Really?

I remember that 3.5 was quite lethal at first levels

Quite gritty for a system where you can throw mountains