Paizo Games General /pgg/

Paizo Games General /pgg/ (Pathfinder & Starfinder)

High STR edition
What were your BIGGEST character concepts?

/pgg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
current playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13254543
pastebin.com/1CSgeLAT
pastebin.com/SYcfHh6L
pastebin.com/RS9g08i7
pastebin.com/dNmVFt4t
d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/feats/twin-throw-combat/
d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/monkey-style-combat-style/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

But we already have

Starfinder General /sfg/: Pathfinder General /pfg/:

Fuck off, polls showed people prefer /pgg/ over split threads. There's no reason for this split thread shit.

Polls showed you're a whiny fucking bitch who needs to chill the fuck out.

You're the one whining about the majority of people not wanting your weeaboo /pfg/ shit OP's.

Who the fuck's whining about that?

Quit assuming it's just one person with the opposite opinion to yourself, it makes you look like a tool.

And WHERE are the polls? You gonna link them, or are you going to be like the President and not actually give proof of voters?

>Quit assuming it's just one person with the opposite opinion to yourself
You're doing that fucking thing, m8. I haven't even made the majority of these split threads, only about 2 so far. Most people agree with me.
Just look at all the previous split threads.
The weeaboo /pfg/ shit got BTFO every time because people don't want it.
It also got purged off the board almost every time because mods also don't like it.
I haven't saved them as I wasn't the creator of those polls.
Either we can ask around for someone to drop them, or we can make new polls when there's more than a handful of people online. Either option works for me.

/pfg/ and 'weeaboo' aren't the same thing you dangus.

Not wanting weeb stuff doesn't equate to 'give me /pgg/ daddy give it now'

Then come and vote.

strawpoll.me/13254543

The only OP's with /pfg/ in them were weeb. Literally fucking all of them.
Which heavily implies only one shitposter makes those OP's versus pretty much everyone else doing normal /pgg/ OP's.

Anime OPs are an entirely separate issue of pfg vs pgg.
In fact, I'd wager the anime OP uses pfg specifically to annoy people, just like the anime OPs and fetishbait questions do.

I don't support the anime OPs but I think the shift to pgg is pointless.

Sure, though there's only a handful of people online right now because of derp times, so it will take a while for the poll to become representative.

Spiriting of the Flower Court got a new chapter!
>1: Mouse and Vandread pastebin.com/1CSgeLAT
>2: Ichabod gambles for his freedom pastebin.com/SYcfHh6L
>3: Derrin tries to shag a ghost pastebin.com/RS9g08i7
>4: Witch meets a band of drunkards pastebin.com/dNmVFt4t (part 1)

Which one did you like the most, and why? Did you change your opinion on any of the characters after reading it?

Vandread a qt.

>copying my post to the shitflinging rage thread
what brand of cancer is this?

:^)

Can a Bloodrager take Sorcerer bloodlines?

No, they work differently and are structured differently. There's simply no way you can take them.

The funny thing is that thanks to OP's rampant autism, every single thread for well over a week has been little more that shitflinging and rage, spam and cancer, and when slower-moving threads get started and actually discuss Pathfinder instead of "teh appz!", "muh celebs!" or namefag discord drama, they get nuked because the autists mass report them and the mods are retarded.

I don't give two shits about how weebshit the OP is, on a fucking animu board, as long as it's not /d/-tier degeneracy and actually relates to the topic, or whether we use /pgg/ or /pfg/ (although I know that there will have to be an /sfg/ come release anyway, and it in fact already supports itself fine).

I just want to discuss Pathfinder without the cancer.

I suggest you post actual Pathfinder questions in the Pathfinder thread. This is just the autists containment thread.

>Need to be psionic class to get dex to damage with thrown

Can I use deadly agility with twin throw since it lets me add str?
d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/feats/twin-throw-combat/

Isn't Deadly Agility melee-only?

New to 3.5 and PF, what options do you have when you fall prone? It seems to me that standing up is the worst option ever, but being prone gives you penalties that also make it awful as fuck. What should I do? everytime an enemy trips me or downs me (and a friend heals me back) if I try to stand up I end in the ground again wasting my friends heal or my turn

Git gud.

d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/monkey-style-combat-style/

>autist contaiment thread
>links to animu thread
>animeposting
>celebposting
>appthirsting
>autism

Cunt

/shrug

Thanks user.

Thanks, I got the same reply in the other thread, will have to wait 2 levels though...

Typical /pfg/ autist clinging to the past.

With a fiendbound marauder, should I use a gauntlet in each hand so I can grab with one while keeping the other free, or should I use a shield in the offhand?

Might as well keep the shield since you can drop it as a free action if you need to.

Why use a shield, when you can take the Shield Gauntlet Style feats, and be able to use gauntlets as shields?

well it was less High strength and more high con.

Have we got a go to Butchering Axe build yet?

Well lads.

I posit a different question. What's the most Gimmicky build you've ever made?

The Indiana Jones build?

The exotic weapon master?

Or maybe the hair fighter?

My GM made the mistake of letting me take leadership, and letting me take a full caster as my side kick. He also ruled that if a pocket dimension created by a caster is destroyed, anything within that dimension that originally existed in the real world are returned to the real world adjacent to the caster at time of collapse. I was playing a halfling Barbarian/Cavalier with a chariot and two war dogs. I filled the dimension with all of my other followers, their dogs and chariots, and all their equipment. It was a timeless dimension so they spent the entire "time" frozen in standby.

The somatic trigger to collapse the dimension was a war horn I gave my sidekick. It was ungodly expensive, but it was worth it in the end.

Say /pgg/ ,I've been planning to introduce a Demon in disguise to act as a reoccuring villian for the party, in the vain of Zodd from Berserk.

So I've been wondering, what type of Demon would work best to emulate Zodd? Balor sesms far too much like overkill, and I dont have much info on the other kinds

So you basically became halfling Iskandar

>Demon in disguise
Succ

Hi Veeky Forums,
I'm preparing a Pathfinder game for 8th level characters. The dungeon-crawling part takes place under an arena, the PCs will be trying to escape by moving upstairs. I don't want all the encounters to be monster-bashing, so I'd like to add a riddle or puzzle as an encounter.
I was planning on it taking place in a training room for gladiators, with an animated training mannequin (statted as a wood golem) acting as a "friendly" NPC to explain the rules or give clues.
What could the puzzle or riddle be? I'd like it to be something the PCs spend a bit of time on, not just a pun-based riddle that can be solved in 2 seconds.
P-S : the dungeon is currently occupied and corrupted by devils, so this might play a role in the encounter.
Thanks for your ideas!

I can never get over that one guy's turban. Seriously, I thought Alexander was supposed to predate the Sikh, where'd he find this badass?

More Riders of Rohirrim.

But how can I Zodd as a succ? Its impossible!

You could have them compete in some tests of might to get pieces of a mcguffin to open the escape door. Some could be combat challenges against monsters/beasts contained within, while others could be agility or strength tests (dodging, jumping from platform to platform, etc.). Maybe each room grants you a piece of gladiator equipment that must be placed on the right statue to exit the complex.

Always add things that "Raise the stakes" or make something more interesting.

Like a crocodile pit over a teetering bridge that people have to fight over. or a slowly advancing wall of spikes with a riddle to solve.

This sounds like the way to do it. A little combat, a few skill checks, some minor puzzle elements.

>BIGGEST character concepts
About as little as I can get away with to carry my gear, pleb

Warforged Paladin, using shocking fist + battlefist to punch evil in the face. Pure bliss.

So for reasons, I need a way to permanently put the Tarrasque out of commission. I am playing a Wizard with a lot of money and a reasonable amount of prep time.

My currrent idea is to create and permanency a demiplane filled entirely with water, plane shift myself and the Tarrasque there while I am under the effects of a Waterbreathing spell, then cast Forbiddance to prevent anything from ever entering or leaving the demiplane. The Tarrasque's hibernation ability should put it in stasis as long as it can't breathe, which in this case would be forever, and Forbiddance would prevent anyone else from tampering with the setup.

The problem is that I wouldn't be able to escape the demiplane either, and I would effectively have to sacrifice my character to make this plan work, so is there a better way to do this?

Keep in mind that when a Tarrasque is hibernating, it is immune to scrying.
Force it into a hibernation and gate it into a random spot in the quasi-elemental plane of acid. Constant drowning will make the hibernation permanent, as it will go back to hibernation whenever it wakes up in a matter of minutes, while no retarded cultist will be ever able to find it due to the combination of being in a random spot in the quasi-elemental plane of acid and immunity to scrying.

Is that plane infinite? I'm looking for a solution that will prevent the Tarrasque from ever being a threat to anyone for eternity. I don't want to be countered by a particularly persistent cultist with immunity to acid

Thats literally impossible, because sooner or later some wizard 20 with mythic 10 is going to come along and decide he wnats a pet tarrasque

Gas the DEXfags
Stat war now

how big are we talkin?

>physicalfags

SwimmingEagle just post art of your next character and pls go.

>The problem is that I wouldn't be able to escape the demiplane either, and I would effectively have to sacrifice my character to make this plan work, so is there a better way to do this?
The mage getting to make the noble sacrifice is a fresh new meme. I like it.

>tfw level 4 Hobgoblin
>tfw stat distribution is 14/14/14/14/14/14

What have I done to deserve this fate?

You'll have to catch us first, fatso!

SEagle is a nice lady! you shuddap!

You literally chose that fate. Either through point buy or by agreeing to shit chargen.

SwimmingEagle please stay and tell us about what you've got planned.

Does my plan have any counter a Wizard 20 Mythic 10 could use? A demiplane can only be entered or exited using planar travel magic, while the Forbiddance spell entirely prevents planar travel to and from an area. If my demiplane is designed so that a Forbiddance spell would cover the entire volume of the demiplane, it should be impossible to ever access the Tarrasque.

Man trust me it could be broken

But how? Other than a non-standard Wish or literal divine intervention there shouldn't be a way for anything to get in or out of my demiplane

Was splitting up /pgg/ into /pfg/ and /sfg/ a mistake?

Yes. Starfinder doesn't even have a book out yet, so there's nothing for them to talk about

No, it's actually been quite healthy.

'dispel magic'

Can you dispel magic across planar boundaries when you can't open a portal to the plane?

How would you target it? it's on another fucking plane.

No, /sfg/ has been way nicer than /pfg/ or /pgg/ has been in weeks. /sfg/ may not be able to support itself all the way until the release of Starfinder, so we'll probably go back to /pgg/ at some point, but it was a welcome change.

And then when Starfinder actually hits, we're obviously going to go back to having proper /sfg/ and /pfg/ threads again, and hopefully the worst cancer will continue to stay and shitpost about their discord drama and apps and celebs in /pfg/.

>Is that plane infinite?
Yes. All elemental and quasi-elemental planes are infinite.
On an infinite plane, it's literally impossible to find something immune to scrying, making this a permanent solution.

Forbiddance can't target an entire fucking plane you idiot.

Yes. /sfg/ is looking okay for now but people are going to get tired of talking about something that we only have limited information about. When Starfinder actually does come out it's going to turn into the exact kind of cesspool of gamefagging and celeb memes as /pfg/ is.

Oh awesome. I guess I could just do that instead.

It can if the entire plane is less than a 60 ft cube per level

What setting did I wander into? I'm pretty sure the elemental planes aren't infinite in Golarion cosmology and the quasi-elemental planes don't even exist.

Kindly point me to a source if I'm wrong, the quasi-elemental planes are cool.

Its a tie between a transforming abomination, or a double dorn-durger build.

Well, fuck, I got my cosmology wrong. In that case, the Elemental Plane of Water is still good enough for the purpose of permanently drowning Tarrasque, while it is so fuckoff big you can't really find it regardless.

Even if /sfg/ does somehow stay healthy through release, the shitposters will just migrate as they tire of languishing among their own kind in a dying general.

Which can still be broken by someone using wish because, fuck you

>Aether Grasp adds a 4+(1/2 CL) bonus to grapple checks
>on top of later treating your CL as your BAB for grapple checks

the fug

Are... are you okay?

How are you planning to handle the transformer?

Probably Spheres of power hybrid transformation... but that feels like its too "In Control". honestly i havent a clue. i just wanna do it.

Have you tried grappling a Large or Huge target? That number adds up.

What if once I'm on the plane I cast Wish myself to prevent any future Wishes from affecting the plane or anything on it?

The plan does kind of break down when you take Wishes into account, but it's not possible to future proof a plan against Wish.

Probably wouldn't work, you have to realize that a mythic level 20 wizard is basically a god and can do whatever they want

Hell, they could just make their own Tarrasque, with blackjack, and hookers.

It can if it's a demiplane, demiplanes are fucking tiny.

And you have to realize that wizard 20/mythic 10 isn't an actual argument. Unless you can come up with abilities that can actually cancel out user's plan you're just pissing into the wind.

I know how strong mythic wizards can be, but they still need a method to get past my defenses.

Forbiddance doesn't have a loophole for planar travel, and it covers the only method to get in or out of the demiplane.

Other than a Wish, which doesn't have a counter other than my questionable counterwish, the Wizard shouldn't be able to get in regardless of mythicness

Unless they somehow create a demiplane of 'get onto user's demiplane'

its not an awful idea, but realistically nothing can actually stop someone

I was going to point out that you can't grapple creatures way bigger than you are, but for some reason I seem to have not realized that rule doesn't appear to apply to grapple. Just shit like Trip and Bull Rush, which seems really fucking backwards. This is less a commentary on the fucked up and bloated CMD for enemies, and more on the fact that even then the flat CMB is comically large and laughs at anyone else who dares try to do grapples.

I only bothered to look at grasp because I wondered if I could somehow pull some bullshit as a Body Pact Avowed with Snapping Turtle Style, but I don't think it would actually work so fucking RIP

Wish won't work for gaining information about the Tarrasque if you create an automatically resetting magical trap that casts Mind Blank on the Tarrasque at least once a day. I don't know off hand what the price would be, but that sort of thing is possible to make. Once it's under the effects of Mind Blank, it's simply impossible to detect with magic. Double up by making it permanently invisible too, and it will be practically impossible for anybody to find it mundanely.

>Unless they somehow create a demiplane of 'get onto user's demiplane'
I don't know what you mean by that. A demiplane only has contact with the Astral and Ethereal planes, along with whatever plane you cast Create Demiplane on.

Wouldn't you have to bypass its SR every time the trap triggers?

I thought unconscious creatures automatically count as willing for the purpose of harmless effects? If not, then yeah, I guess that wouldn't work unless you somehow pumped the trap's bonus so high it can't fail to penetrate SR.

Another option is to create a small demiplane with a permanent planar portal back to the Material Plane, bring the Tarrasque there, then use Create Greater Demiplane to make it a dead magic plane.

"These planes have no magic at all. A plane with the dead magic trait functions in all respects like an antimagic field spell. Divination spells cannot detect subjects within a dead magic plane, nor can a spellcaster use teleport or another spell to move in or out. The only exception to the “no magic” rule is permanent planar portals, which still function normally."

Seems pretty clear, the only way in or out is the permanent portal. Nothing else. So leave through the portal and then destroy the portal.

Has a single non-shield non-martial been applied to for WotR?