Horror movie style campaign

>Horror movie style campaign.
>The BBEG (UGH) is someone who tends to hunt down the weakest in a group and turn that guy into a horror movie monster by injecting them with something. Basically the guy that dies first also becomes the monster because he was just shanked with a needle filled with Freddy Kreuger hormones.
>He keeps doing this to the point where monsters are starting to become dangerously common.
What are some ways he can profit from this without the generic "he owns a business that sells weapons/hunts monsters" shtick and what can be some good explanations for why he always goes for the weakest guy?

If you're just going to ugh yourself, just use villain like a regular human being.

Monster slaves!
Need some cheap Labour?
Maybe some meatshields?
BUY MY SLAVES!
I take the weakest and make them the strongest! That's right! From zero to Anti-hero!

He's trying to turn it into a meme, or worse, thinks it already is.

I use BBEG in real life. I don't sperge out about it like a regular human being.

First off OP, always going after the weak guy might get you some heckling from their player since they will feel like you are targeting them for personal reasons instead of gameplay ones.

Secondly, what if the BBEG first comes off as the "he owns a business that sells weapons/hunts monsters" type, but if the players investigate, they learnt that in truth he's retired from that kind of work ages ago, and everything he's doing is on his personal dime. The BBEG is in truth using drugs that were never meant to be sold in the first place (turns out the company he ran/worked for wasn't THAT evil) and he is attempting to perfect the hormones so that he can heal/bring back a dead loved one. They are specifically targeting the weakest members of the team because their loved one is a crippled mess due to disease, and the hormones are specifically designed to counteract such weakness.

He's trying to make a serum to turn himself into a super strong monster but has no one to experiment on. He always goes for the weakest guy because they're easier to inject.

>I use BBEG in real life

Whoa, I just involuntarily cringed.

>Monster slaves!
Because having the Thing for a bodyguard will end so well.
Actually that sounds pretty kick ass for a setting. Politicians just walking around with some beefed up serial monster following them around.

Your would-be assassin will think twice with the "Beast of 200 blades(tm)" by your side!

You idiot, he's testing the serum so he can use it on himself in the final battle. Its like you've never read a book!

>what can be some good explanations for why he always goes for the weakest guy?
Weak guy have weak immune system so mutation goes faster/wilder.
Or it's dangerous to use syringe on a strong guy, because he can defend himself.

Nobody actually hates the term BBEG. "Ugh" is just a meme.

First and foremost OP I'd be wary about targetting the weaker player as said, a player may take it personally.
Secondly, he's clearly a scientist of some sort. Every mad scientist wants to improve themselves, but this pesky formula just isn't quite right yet and he can't test it on himself because he won't be able to finish his research now that his organs are on the outside.

Make it so that this formula works off the persons traits beforehand. The Jock becomes a hulking monstrosity, the stoner exhumes noxious gasses etc. The weakest member of the group is in this case, the nerd. While they do enjoy an increased physical prowess, they also become telekinetic monsters that flip cars and rip trees from the ground with their mind. Others read minds and control them.

It's not something he profits from financially, but he will become the peak of human perfection.

>meme
Ugh.

>Ugh
Ugh.

>He's trying to turn it into a meme, or worse, thinks it already is.

WEEE-OOOOOH
WEEE-OOOOOH
INTERNET POLICE
HANDS UP

People have literally been complaining about the phrase "BBEG" for years, etc. etc.

People have been complaining about "Big Bad Evil Guy" for years. The early complaints seemed to be mostly about the concept itself, with many people disagreeing that a plot needed a character as a central antagonist.

Now, it seems that some of the complaints are about the language. "Big Bad Evil Guy" was coined to sound corny, and is more of an in-joke than a designation like "Central Antagonist." It's also grown to be somewhat vague, with some people using it as the central antagonist, others using it as the final antagonist, and still others using it as simply any antagonist, which can get confusing when trying to communicate about one of these specific ideas.

As far as the shitstorm, I think that comes in part because it takes very little effort to say "BBEG sounds dumb", which is enough to trigger some people who use that phrase. These people then go to say things like "you need to respect this acronym, it's Veeky Forums's acronym, every true fa/tg/uy uses BBEG exclusively," and that gets even people who had no real interest in the matter upset, because it starts to sound like there's people who are actually actively trying to push BBEG.

BBEG is a meme, and like most memes it doesn't have much of a shelf life. The old joke has faded, and now it seems like people are just finding it weird for people to be so fervent in holding onto it.

TOO SLOW

But what happens if a teacher or a horrible movie buff is injected?

Sorry, it's my first time joining in this dance.

Horror*

The different villains of the week give different versions of his motivation. Attaining physical perfection, driving human evolution forward, or just testing the serum. However what they realize later is that he already knew exactly what the serum would do- he just likes the way it makes people suffer.

How dense do you have to be to think no one could dislike a phrase as stupid-sounding as "big bad evil guy"?

The horror movie buff might become a Predator, or some other type of smart monster that knows people won't just be cattle to the slaughter and take measures against the logical steps others would take against it.

>>Simply not running a outbreak SCP campaign instead.

Dumpster tier.

>Running a campaign in a meme setting.
>Its like you've never read a book!
That shit sounds like a video game. What final battle?

Shhhhhh.

It's okay, everything will be alright.