DMing

Please tell me Veeky Forums is there any difference in how male and female DM a game?
Have you played with both?
Just interested.

Wouldn't you rather talk about missing quest threads on Veeky Forums?

There's not such thing as quest threads in Veeky Forums, the fun police said so.

Women don't give a fuck about "taste" they just want to feel good - if your taste makes them feel good then use it

If they listen to Beach House then you can say you're into it and it adds some emotional depth and vibes that can be positive

What really matters is just knowing what the fuck you're doing in general or else you're gonna be fucked and she's not going to think you're alpha and worth her time

She has to have the illusion - or reality - that you're one of the "alpha" men on some level

Which you can create or live in many different ways, it's up to you

But christ, making women the center of your world sounds so horrible. They really are pathetically trivial creatures in general.

At the same time, you can learn so much from them... honestly it just is something I don't know how to solve, an endless mystery almost

All I know is better to be alpha than a cuck, at the same time though if you get too attached to being alpha, you lose your sense of self and your existence

It's just generally really frustrating and confusing to me with the end result being the sense that I'm literally incapable of relating to or respecting women on any level

I literally just see them as sort of like mentally handicapped children - all of them

I can't respect them

I mean these words completely and it's really upsetting and frustrating

Yep this thread isn't going to quickly deevolve into a /pol/ infested shitstorm and deleted before reaching the bump limit, nosiree

No, I'm pretty sure I remember Veeky Forums having lots of quest thr

Nice pasta

High-Tier Male GMs:

>Tendency to focus on layouts, combat tactics, and overall having opposition fight intelligently and effectively
>May not be good at writing NPCs as people, including villains
>Setting material is often inconsistent in quality
>Exceptional at maintaining interest in mechanics and deviating from established norms
>Excellent at executing the core premise of a campaign, if not necessarily building on it

High-Tier Female GMs:
>Excellent at social intrigue campaigns
>Often capable at tactics and layouts for defensive positions used by opposition, for interesting combat challenges
>Prone to lateral thinking in matters regarding puzzle design, puzzles are intricate and well put-together without being bullshit
>Motives for villains occasionally make no sense or are extremely petty, if believable
>Prone to lapses in judgment when it comes to rulings on interpretation of mechanics, but rarely escalate to shit-eating retardation

I remember that thread.

The user who got told got EXTREMELY upset and spend a long time linking to other posts calling them samefags because they were all making fun of him (or rather, agreeing with the second post).

Don't say their name, it attracts them.

Please no.

That but it's more of a spectrum with the average man and the average woman being respectively at two third of each side.
Some have stronger masculine or feminine GM style and a few don't seems to show that very strongly and are rather mentally "androgynous".

"LE /POL/ BOOGEYMAN XD"
You're afraid of the truth and you know it.

And there a few variants that are tied to genders though.
I think female worldbuilders are very rare and few males will obsess over the characters.

>is there any difference in how male and female DM

The first one exists.

Inshallah, /pol/ is a board of quality on-topic posting.

Translated: Personality traits vary but I'm going to shove everything into a retarded axis who's meanings are different to different people so that I can pretend to contribute to an aggressively retarded topic.

I think we all know the truth.

/pol/tards enjoy getting replies, but if they make threads on /pol/ they're just drowned out by all the other garbage, so they make threads on other boards so they'll stand out and get noticed.

If I wanted to get replies on /pol/ I'd just post some braindead bluepilled meme and act super smug about it.

In my experience each GM is pretty different, regardless of gender. I'll post profiles of my five longest running GMs:

Dude A: Homebrew space opera. Forever GM. Railroady and often would not accept solutions he didn't think of himself. Only fudged results as a last resort and sometimes not even then, even if it meant scraping entire storylines. Got better towards the end.

Dude L: Various. Very permissive GM. If it was cool or funny and not directly contradicted by the rules he'd allow it. Sometimes overly permissive. Could be a bit scatterbrained. I would often act as his shadow gm, helping him keep the rules straight and act as a sounding board for plot ideas.

Dude B: Mutants and Masterminds. online forever GM. On the railroady side. Has very specific ideas about game tone and themes and can get upset if players get too far off.

Girl L: Various. Lewd as fuck. Tendency to start too many new games and end ones that no longer interested her.

Girl M: Dungeons: The Dragoning. Very chill. Tends to be permissive which is a good fit for a rule of cool system like Dtd. Tends not to get in character much but when she does it tends to be really funny (Mojo Jojo is a revolutionary leader in Space Brazil, etc.)

It's not about you getting replies on /pol/, it's about /pol/tards getting replies everywhere else because they love the attention and notice. They don't give a shit about getting replies on their home board.

Jesus fucking Christ, OP here, just want it to know a little about different DMing types depending on gender, no need to be salty about it.

I've met plenty of male GMs who obsess over characters (especially their motivations). Usually they consider it an important part of the worldbuilding.

I also don't think I've met a single female GM who DOESN'T worldbuild the shit out of their setting.

Fuck off /pol/tard. We all know your style.

You come off trying to portray innocence and genuine curiosity, but behind it all is the plan to create a shitstorm thread that you hope becomes a legend or some bullshit because you love the attention.

Fuck off

You're a bit paranoid mate.

Unsurprisingly, we find here another victimized liberal imagining boogeymen.

user, sometimes a thread is just a thread.

Changing one bullshit accusation for another doesn't fix anything.
Try posting again, now without buzzwords.

Aww, did the big bad boogeyman scare you? Do you need some bedtime propaganda to calm you down?

Back to your safe space, snowflake.

He asked for no buzzwords, not more buzzwords you illiterate retards. Too much Alex Jones will rot your brain I guess.

>no buzzwords
>illiterate
>Alex Jones
I really hope you're just a bluepilled normie, and not a paid shill, because you should not be getting rewarded for this in any way.

The sad part of fighting an imaginary war is when you're losing.

>buzzwords buzzwords buzzwords
>look at my buzzwords
>are my buzzwords le ebin trolling you yet
Fuck off faggot

And how exactly would that be?

You're really not very good at this, you haven't even made a coherent claim.

>asking that in Veeky Forums

This thread is basically /pol/ now, I wouldn't even be surprised if the mods moved it.

So apparently I'm some sort of hermaphrodite.

We just call those faggots.

Really? Just look at what's happened here. Nobody didn't see this coming. I smell shitposting.

Veeky Forums.org/pol

No, just a faggot.

What's that supposed to mean?

Can you not be homophobic please?

Good riddance. The mods really need to crack down on out of place political shitflinging, no matter what the ideology is.

What is it with /pol/tards and muh claims and muh arguments. I'm not trying to claim anything, I'm mocking your overuse of stupid buzzwords.

Can you go back to your AIDS quarantine, faggot?

If you're not trying to claim anything, why are you posting? Why waste the time and effort?

>What is it with /pol/ and being factual?

Okay that is hateful and unnecessary. Why do you enjoy trying to dehumanize others?

From my experience, females are more rules light and freeform-y while males are more rules heavy and RAW-y

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting

You can't seriously think telling him that is going to work right?

I'm not shitposting, I don't know why people think it's okay to be bigoted like that.

There's a difference in how everyone I know who's run a game runs a game.

Let's have a talk user, you either post about the thread topic or fuck off.
Low quality bait is already tiresome, so move on.

He's a faggot, his brain is riddled with AIDS and syphilis. Don't expect rational thought.

You're either trolling or new, calling people bigots is a good way to start a shit storm around here

I wouldn't be saying that if there weren't so much hate going around, I wish I didn't have to post about this stuff.

You aren't any better

Here's a (you)
Earned by dedication

Let's see you drop the phone and get on a static IP and post like that.

Honestly he deserves it, his posts have been a step above most of the bait on Veeky Forums

What does that have to do with anything?

Most of the bait here must be pretty damn shit then.

Because sometimes I like to blow off steam by insulting /pol/tards. This is Veeky Forums dude, I'm not making the same mistake you are by taking shit here seriously.

>/pol/
>factual
Whining about "b-b-buh dats not an argument" every time someone calls you out for being a retard doesn't make you correct, it makes you pathetic.

Can't argue with that .
Now where's that bikini armor thread?

He isn't actually gay? Were you dropped on the head as a child, that might explain why you're too retarded to realize he's just a troll

I'm not gay myself but that doesn't stop me from recognizing the needs of those who are and how toxic it is for people to hate them for it.

up ur moms anus

In the off chance you're serious here's a piece of advice, Veeky Forums is hostile towards the socially liberal especially if they use traditional talking points and language, it's fine if you hold those beliefs but if you don't want to derail threads try mixing up your language and the framing of your ideas, it will be harder to peg you as a "SJW" and people will be more likely to listen and not lose there shit

What would that look like?

>/pol/tard starts crying because the SJW mods keep deleting his funposting

Why should I alter what needs to be said because some people are too bigoted and stubborn to see why what they're doing is wrong?

>/pol/tard starts crying
You could have stopped there, for the default state of a /pol/tard is crying. They need no reason.

>it's fine for people to censor opposing opinions

Don't call people homophobic, call them assholes, /pol/tards, dicks, ect, don't use SJW terms such as micro aggression, or really any term that is exclusively used by the left, really just don't signal your politics

Because if you do threads wouldn't be derailed and you might persuade more people?

There's a time and a place for everything, and this is the time and place for you to kill yourself.

Okay the guy posting there was kind of an ass but that's just never okay.

>it's my RIGHT to shitpost on the wrong board of a website that I don't own!

Delicious /pol/tard tears

>I'm not gay myself but that doesn't stop me from recognizing the needs of those who are and how toxic it is for people to hate them for it.
Speaking as a faggot: fuck off. You're being a condescending twat.

What's it like being retarded and falling for obvious bait?

Free speech isn't just a legal concept, it's a moral and philosophical one.

Saying dumb shit isn't a right. Is just that the American government can't stop you from doing it

> You have a moral obligation to listen to me rant about how the jews are behind everything, on the wrong board of a website that I don't own.

I haven't said anything about the Jews.

How can you ever see your screen through the tears?

Where the fuck did you get the idea that I'm crying? Projection?

I can smell the ashes, the burnt remains of what once was discussion...

>/pol/ has succeeded once again.

When are people going to get over the "MUH /POL/ BOOGEYMAN" meme?

(you)

A corpse-eater, a vulture, swoops down from the darkened sky.

>even acknowledging the existance of /pol/ attracts them

I'm glad that moot isn't alive to see this.

Why's that?

This thread was shit from the start

Underrated