In a future setting, would it be likely that losing your looks as you age ceases to be a problem?

In a future setting, would it be likely that losing your looks as you age ceases to be a problem?

>Hoshi's still hot
>Damn those east asian genes

well yeah they'll probably cure aging with cell regeneration or nanobots or some shit

>future setting
>biological sapients still exist

hah

Wow, Kira (actress' name escapes me) looks as good as ever.

Anyways, I'm a little unsure what you mean by that. If you mean in terms of being able to manipulate your appearance, maybe, but in terms of society becoming less focused on women's (I'm extrapolating from your image here to assume we're purely talking about women) looks, I mean, social progress is not a given.

Is Kes JUST?

More like the picture of Hoshi is over exposed to hell and back so you can't make out her flaws.

It's likely that, by the time we've reached another star in person, a person will have multiple bodies.

>Kes
>JUST

>that Kira
I'd visitor THAT Nana!

That's a mugshot after she got caught flashing a 12 year old.

That raises many more questions than it answers

Meth probably.

How has no one commented on how B'Elanna's actress still looks like she's fresh off the set? Her and Jeri Ryan still look great.

This is your reminder that Jeri Ryan is responsible for Obama's presidency

Thanks /pol/, but you need to go back.

Dax (the good one) went full-on MILF mode. I dig it.

>mfw Torres aged the best
What a time to be alive

Rollan

yes actually, look into Elizabeth Parrish and her BioViva company trying to do gene therapy to lengthen telomeres.

So whenever your cells reproduce they make a copy of the DNA. Part of the process snaps off the bit at the end, or just fails to copy it or something. Off by one error, happens all the time in programming.

Hey evolution, gimme a solution.

>OK, we'll just slap a lot of junk DNA on the end so it can reproduce enough times not to be a problem. Oh, and it conveniently makes the previous generation get the fuck out of the way so the new experiments can take a shot. I mean kids.

But we're living longer and longer. Way past what evolution expected. Once your cells reproduce enough, they run out of telomeres and start snapping off DNA that's actually used for stuff.

The reason your skin gets all saggy is that it loses important genetic code at the end of it's DNA. You skin replaces itself every.... 3 weeks? It reproduces real fast. Neurons, not so much.

Enter GENE THERAPY. If we could edit all/most/a sizeable portion of the DNA in our cells. Then we could simply lengthen the telomeres and stave off the effects of aging. Better yet, figure out how lobsters and naked mole rats split their DNA without snapping the bit off at the end. Yeah, btw, lobsters are effectively immune to aging and would live forever if it didn't get so hard to molt when they're so big.

In fairness to Troi, she looks good for an old Persian lady.

She looks like a gypsy sorceress.

Rollin'. Watch me get Kes like the loser I am.
It is logical to assume that your penis goes into her vagina.

Yes. Always did have a thing for redheads. Time to crusher.

Checked you lucky bastard.

Also rollan.

Not bad, user.
Make sure to count ALL THE SPOTS.

She's also the one most likely to try seducing men decades her junior.
You know you would, anons.

As long as she promises to do the Demona voice while calling me a filthy human

Getting kinda Judi Dench vibes from Mulgrew there, she could probably pass as a starfleet admiral or something.
Admittedly she'd probably be one of the crazy ones, given her past record.

That future might be closer than you think. I saw on the news last week or so that in the Netherlands, there's some kind of anti-aging serum that was tested on rats, which ended in older rats injected with the serum looking younger and acting more curious and chipper than older rats who weren't injected.

The scientists involved however adviced against using it on humans for now because the full effects are as of yet unknown (the serum works by targeting and destroying 'old' cells. Imagine if this results in brain cells being destroyed!). Nevertheless some dude injected it and it resulted in his receding hairline regrowing. If this product isn't a dud, within ten years or so it might be commercially avialable.

Forgot what it was called though.

>Uhura: Looks like old black grandma
>Crusher: She aged the wrong way and there's just something unsettling about her
>Troi: Looks like the Persian grandmother that would embarrass you by asking all about your sex life at a family reunion
>Yar: Looks like the grandmother that would take out her teeth to scare the kids at a family reunion
>Kira: Your mom's arch enemy from her highschool days,
>Dax: Your mom's hot best friend who's kids you grew up with
>Other Dax: That older chick that used to be the life of the party but is now just a sad alcoholic embarrassment to the point where you stopped having booze at parties.
>Janeway: Older neighbor that pays you to mow her lawn while she watches, has a great sense of humor though and gives you your first beer
>Seven: Older woman who's desperate to be the sexiest woman on the block but each year adds another wrinkle and makes her plastic stand out more
>Torres: Older hot neighbor that you don't know that well and who;s only interactions are waving while you're both out getting the mail
>Kes: That crazy dude at the end of the street who's lawn is filled with beer cans and cars that don't run, constantly has the cops over with screaming drama in the street. Only later do you find out that he's really a chick. Your mom thinks she's a tranny.
>T'pol: That once hot chick you used to fantasize about that got cancer and chemo is fucking ruining her and it's a shame
>Hoshi: You didn't know how old she was until you found out she has three kids your age and one of them tried bullying you once in highschool

>fucking your mom's hot arch enemy
How could this be even hotter

>>Kira: Your mom's arch enemy from her highschool days,
Yes

>Kes
>Jesus fucking Christ, what happened?