That guy thread?

That guy thread?

>Playing shadowrun
>It's a lot of our first time playing, with 2 experienced guys
>One of them rolls up an edgy as fuck orc
>Picks all the qualities that will fuck up teamwork the most, "Violence addiction, gore addiction", all that shit
>Also makes him the most broken meme character in the game
>Feels the need to "prank" everybody but because "MUH VIOLENCE ADDICTION" his "pranks" are always fucking violent and unnecessary
>He once smashed somebody's armour worth a grand because HURR DURR IT'S FUNNY
>Ends up killing my street samurai so I roll up an Oni adept brawler
(for reference, we homebrewed it, my "Oni" is actually a troll who was born with red skin, he has "oni poser" as a quality)
>Drinking in a bar with the orc
>End up going to search for work, find nothing so I come back
>Orc asks me to buy him a pint
>Can't be bothered with the whole HURR A DURR I PUNCH U IF U DON'T so i give him mine and buy a new one
>"NAH BULLSHIT DUDE YOU CAN'T META IT"
>Turns out the dickhead had put a virus he had in a vial my drink
>Accuses me of being a metagamer and cheating him out of his plan to fuck over my character accidentally
>Spends 5 minutes trying every meta bullshit excuse as to why my character should drink the poisoned drink
>"BUT YOU'RE AN ONI YOU LOVE DRINKING YOU WOULD DRINK BOTH"
>"I WANNA ROLL PERSUASION"
>Rolls it and fails with his one charisma
>I WANNA BURN AN EDGE POINT TO JUST DO IT
>DM gets sick of it and denies him, it's just not happening
>He spends the rest of the session a bit salty that I fucked him out of his EPIC MEME EVIL RP
>Ends up injecting the virus into our other group samurai because why the fuck not
>mfw next session it's going to kick in and we might have to kill him if he becomes a ghoul

I'm thinking about murdering his character next session

Assuming this is real, nobody would ever team up with a runner with that reputation. Should have ditched him after the first harmful prank.

The DM is sort of keeping us all together for narrative's sakes, the only way out of it is if he dies, I'm going to try and convince the rest of the group to lead an all out attack on him

Choke him in his sleep.

You're talking about the character, of course.

Or is he?

I'd recommend removal of the player and not just his character. Murder would be the third option i'd try given how awful this guy is.

Oni are creatures of great and furious anger. And your Oni is pissed that Orc-san would dare attempt to refuse the drink you offered him.

Now do it. Kill the character and ban the player.

Tell the GM that the problem player is ruining the game for everyone else. He's likely killed two PCs (and Shadowrun PCs are not quick and easy to make for beginners) of other players and contributed literally nothing to the experience.

There is no reason for you to spend time together in setting because a shadowrunner who acts like that would not have any team or reasonable employer wanting to work with them, and more important there's no reason OOC for you to play together because he's being a fucking asshole.

I think I might just
Although the player is actually a good friend of mine and a really cool guy, he just rolls fucking annoying characters

Here's where the Memery begins
He picked "legendary reputation", and is a fucking famous boxer. The guy we're running for wants him around because he could make money off boxing matches.
He's planned this shit

>really cool guy
>but he makes fucking minmaxed to fuck characters for the sole sake of ruining people's fun
If he's cool literally tell him to stop doing that shit because it's ruining everyone's experience. If nobody else is on board leave the game, as they say, no game is better than a bad game.

If he's a good friend, you can talk to him about having an annoying character. It sounds to me like his character should have been nuked before the game started though.

Why is it always orc players in any game? Seriously, its like orcs are fated to be violent memes

I just wanna step in, user, and tell you that oni is an actual thing. It's an Ork metavariant

Yeah I know, but since the DM didn't have the books for it, but liked the idea, he let me do the troll thing

Is he fuck a cool guy.

I've been there. Invited a friend to a game, and he turned out to be a huge That Guy.

it made me realize he was a shitty person who used anger to resolve social problems, and that our mutual friends let him get away with it time and again, validating his cursing and shouting. It was a watershed moment that led me to re-evaluate the friendship to the point where I barely speak to him anymore, and frankly I'm happier for it

Should have sent a paper under the table to your GM asking if you could have the disease immunity positive trait for that specific poison, so that way you could down the drink and just be immune to the poison. That'd be the more funny answer to the solution, and it'd be an even better way to piss that ork off.

Then after your character realizes that the bitch tried to poison him, you go to the ork's house, bar all the windows and exists, and burn him to death because Onis are notoriously angry as fuck when it comes to that sort of underhanded, cowardly faggotry.

>Sneaking around this castle of an enemy lord
>In the basement, there is this strange door, it has no lock, and in fact no hinge or other obvious method of opening
>There are a mass of letters, like one of those Microsoft puzzles, with one empty slot and an empty space
>Don't even try to solve it, we don't even know what the state that would open it is, let alone how to reach it.
>Cue in our dumbass rogue
>I pick the lock!
>GM: You can't, it doesn't have a conventional lock to pick.
>But I have max ranks in open lock! Bullshit! Railroading! That GM!

And thus he derailed the entire game while he ranted like an immature 5 year old, all because a very obviously IMPORTANT door couldn't be picked conventionally, nevermind that he's picked several locks to get there.

Posting some good ones i collected.

I know shit about shadowrun and have never played a tabletop rpg but that seems like the sort of behavior that in a group of ragtag hardasses would get you the gomer pyle bed scene in full metal jacket except for socks you get nail bats

This is one of the few moments where even a group of 'Runners would all agree on a course of action without deliberation:

>Unanimous vote: Off the fucker.

Why do you losers tolerate such stupid cunts? It's not at his house, presumably he's not your only means of getting there, you know you can just tell someone to fuck off in real life if you don't like them right?

Oh right you're a fucking idiot desperate for pals, gotcha!

Here's a wild idea: if he's really such a good friend of yours, tell him that his character is unfun and makes the game unfun for you. Gee willikers!

Pink mohawk is not a creative colour.

You can only blame the player so much.
GM should have kicked his ass out long ago.

Stop thinking of it in terms of what makes sense in the game, think about it OOC. The guy is being an asshole, if you kill his asshole character he is just going to continue making asshole characters. Have a talk with him about it, if he refuses to change his ways, kick him out the group.

So your real problem is that your GM is a softcock who can't say no to retarded player ideas? Make something even more disruptive and retarded then because talking and reasonable solutions obviously aren't your strong point.

>puts up a fight with GM because GM thinks players character is busted as shit.
>"I want to be this archetype but I don't want to follow the description or the roleplay that comes with the archtype."

>People who always roll play the "LE SO MACHO SO STRONK ME BEST AT GAME" character
>Chaotic Neutral (TM)
>Im so wild and wacky xD

he wouldn't stop making explicit sex jokes about a fellow player's little (ten year old) sister. In her presence.

I'd call the police for something like that. Not even exaggerating.

he ended up getting fucking decked and his nose got bloodied, but he didn't leave the group. We just took that particular player's house out of the hosting-location rotation.

>he ended up getting fucking decked and his nose got bloodied, but he didn't leave the group.

Why would you keep him around?

people are willing to make excuses for just about anything in the name of 'friendship'. He never really did anything else terrible, he was a decent roleplayer, but he was skeevy as fuck. But again, the whole 'willful ignorance' thing comes into play pretty heavily.