M/tg/ - STANDARD GENERAL

M/tg/ - STANDARD GENERAL: Winner Takes All Edition

I hope you shitters enjoy your shiny cat after I walk home with our lord and savior pic related. The only question is whether to spam mardu aggro like a monkey or outplay myself into 4th with UG Believe.

I want to Believe.

>Playing?
>Hating?
>Brewin?
>meta expectations?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/snakes-on-a-drake-budget-ur-graveyard-battery/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/monoblack-tribal-zombies-1/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Dusk dawn + oketras monument weenies is a real thing.

>Playing
Nothing
>Hating
How long rotation is taking
>Brewing
Grixis Tapout Control. It's finally a good time to be a Grixis player in Standard

Only trouble is with all the zombie hate, there is a similar counter to tooen weenies :/

>Can't go to GP Denver
>Nobody around me plays Standard otherwise

I was really looking forward to brewing some sort of Jund Hapatra/The Scorpion God thing.

It might just be a lot of anecdotal evidence, but I feel like standard is way down across the board.

There's a GP I could maybe attend in late August, but I'm not sure about driving 200 miles for an event I'm sure to get blown the fuck out at. I haven't been playing for very long, and frankly, I'm a fucking awful player. Which makes me think, when can someone consider themselves ready for a GP, ie having a chance of placing in the money disregarding meta/decks?

With Pride Soverign can cat tribal be a thing? There's definitely a good pool of cat cards even if you ignore the ones from zendikar, but I wonder if you're better off just playing RG aggro instead of WG

It can be a thing, yes, but it won't be a good thing. If UB zombies crops up again, it'll be even worse since sweepers are going to fuck wide decks like cats pretty bad.
The other issue is the cats are over-costed for their base stat-lines. Sure their abilities do neat things, but not neat enough to offset the fact you're paying 3 for a 2/2 in the pride sovereign's case, for example.
Cat tribal will probably be in the same power level as werewolf tribal is/was.

New to mtg, playing a red/blue deck that uses a lot of instant and sorceries to send to the graveyard in order to power up enigma dragons. Its a lot of fun, but anybody have recommendations to inprove it?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/snakes-on-a-drake-budget-ur-graveyard-battery/

Damn

Im a returning player and wanted to play RG Smasher at first but now with Solemnity and better boardwipes existsting it doesn't look like a good one to build. Neheb the eternal also looks cool but aggro should be in a winning position by the time you can play him. Guess I should just wait for full spoilers.

-2 hieroglyphic -2 flow +4 galvanic main. Faster, better value from the graveyard.

Locust God? Curious Homunculus?

Just sideboard Natural State to deal with Solemnity. Its not like it removes existing tokens.

Reddit can't do a joke thread appropriately, what gives?

GET YA SPOILAS HERE

Sure but if they wipe your board, you can just dawn, refill your hand and play a million guys again. Depending on the build (bygone bishop, gate to the after life) you get to see a shit load of cards to dig for it.

A one sided wrath for 4 is Insane.

How does the New Perspective deck operates normaly ?

Do you combo of the turn you cast New Perspective ? Seems completely impossible to me to play Approach twice while you are tapped out for mana, even with the Viziers and Monitors being free sources of untapped mana at this point.

Farm // Market is just about the dumbest card name I've seen in years. I half expected it to be Farm // Table.

Also, Torment of Hailfire should really be Torrent of Hellfire. Much stronger name, PCness be damned.

It's a reference to the biblical plague of flaming hailstones.

>playing
homebrew
>hating
not much, except my inability to create a deck
>brewing
esper control
>expectations
if HOU has decent answers I think we'll see a fairly midrange meta until september and then who knows what dinotasia will bring

How's mono-red gremlins doing right now?

Oh, and what I'm

>Playing

Mono-red gremlins, it's aggro but the components for the aggro have combo built right in, infinite or not.

>Hating

Nothing in my meta

>Brewin

Possible U/W midrange

>meta expectations

At my kitchen table which is midrange and aggro-control heavy I've been tearing assholes open, we'll see how it does at FNM.

Is everyone at FNM?

I got some lucky pulls, and I made a monoblack aggro deck.

I got trashed first round because of mana issues, I have no idea how to shuffle apparently.

This is my deck
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/monoblack-tribal-zombies-1/

How does that list normally run for you?

My shit wrecks.

4x Ruinous Gremlin
4x Thriving Grubs
4x Salivating Gremlins
4x Brazen Scourge
4x Ravenous Intruder
2x Metallic Mimic
4x Foundry inspector

4x Skeleton Key
4x Servo Schematic
2x Animation Module

2x Fling

4x Pia's Revolution

Land: 18

I've thought about throwing in more combo but it would fuck with my mana curve. Thoughts?

For someone coming back, mainly to play with friends, is it ever a good idea to buy stuff like deck builder toolkits/fat packs?

Not really. Buying singles is a lot cheaper. The cards from the toolkits have been pretty mediocre in my experience. Fat packs are fun to open though.