Newest chapter's up. I can't wait for her to beat this smug angel fag

newest chapter's up. I can't wait for her to beat this smug angel fag.
who's hyped for the inevitable chapter where she plays a burn player?

Other urls found in this thread:

bato.to/reader#a83f9ad15c411fd7
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Read a REAL Veeky Forums-related manga, nobody cares about card-games anymore.

I still care about card games.

>implying i don't read both.
get on my level.

The real next level is to combine them, scrub.

>Not reading Dungeon Meshi, Wizard's Soul AND Quick Start!! for the holy trinity of Veeky Forums manga

literally what

Got totally turned off Wizard's Soul after I read ahead in the raws and saw the sexual assault chapter.

>yu-gi-oh
Get this meme outta here.

IT'S STILL BEING TRANSLATED!?

You forgot about me. It happens.

Go on.

Taste that shit belongs in /a/.

No, it's getting translated AGAIN.

Original translator fell off the face of the earth
A new guy translated another chapter "only as a one time thing"
Then another dude offered to help do the editing/cleaning etc etc so they did another chapter
Now, this is their third and apparently they've added ANOTHER member to their team, so they've got two editors/cleaners so the translator can just focus on translation.

I've never heard of quick start!! What's that one about if meshi is dungeon crawling and wizard's soul is card games?

is it about warhammer figurines?

It's literally a series of 4komas about high school girls playing Japanese TTRPGs.

I'm sold

> Genres: 4-Koma 4-KomaComedy ComedySlice of Life Slice of Life

meh

It's fun to see how the player archetypes stay the same across cultures.

>there are people who genuinely think that Dungeon Meshi and Wizard's Soul are top Veeky Forums manga
Fucking hell. They might be about Veeky Forums subjects, but they don't have the spirit of Veeky Forums.

Quick Start!! is about japanese high school girls playing TTRPGs (and it actually includes a decent amount of info to learn about them, or at least explains them well enough to get the joke)
It's fun seeing the same player styles in Japan and the characters are cute as well. For example, one of them is a powergamer to the extreme but that's only because she has terminal bad luck and despite having the most optimized build always dies first.
Seki-kun is also top tier.

>Spirit of Veeky Forums

You mean magical realm or constant skub wars?

> but they don't have the spirit of Veeky Forums.

Good, they'd be shit if they did.

The problem I see with Dungeon Meshi and Wizard's Soul is the fact that they don't reflect the mindset of an average Veeky Forums-goer.

Wizard's Soul is basically just the same as any other competition manga, like Saki and wouldn't be any different if you replaced the local MtG ripoff with a different game.
Dungeon Meshi is a great adventure that is basically Lodoss 2.0 (or maybe Slayers 2.0), but it's about in-universe characters, not actual players.

Seki, on the other hand, while not strictly about Veeky Forums, reflects the mindset of an average Veeky Forums-goer almost to a T, which is having fun in any way you can - the Tic-Tac-Toe threads, the creative worldbuilding and roleplaying and pretending - Seki-kun encapsulates all this shit in a fun little manga.

nice >:]

Does that mean one of them is a game ruining autist "that guy (girl)"

>Angels are Rebels
Fucked Up Control vs Rebels next, huh?

Not really, the closest thing to a negative stereotype is Sensei
>Can never make it to games because she's too busy
>Character backstories are always mary-sue tier "I'm the goddess of the game" stuff
Sachi is a powergamer but only because of her shitty luck
Momo basically always plays by rule of cool but with subpar characters
Fumi only ever plays non-human characters
Sakurako is a fujo

all right now i'm really sold. reading now.

>tripping the loser flag
C'mon.

No, he didn't.

>assault

I...what?

I don't believe you.

the protag of WS is a self loathing kid that plays annoying decks that everyone hates. How is that not Veeky Forums? also literal fa/tg/irls and ca/tg/irls are in this.

what manga

> the protag of WS is a self loathing kid that plays annoying decks that everyone hates
That constitutes, like, 70% of competition manga protagonists. I mean, sure, if you are going for Zero Charisma feel, you can say it's related to fa/tg/uys, but it's not really specific to Veeky Forums.

Competition manga protagonists usually hate the game they play?

She plays a game she hates, and is self conscious of her own enmity toward fun while she plays it. She is literally Veeky Forums: the shoujo manga protag.

it does make me happy that she plays "no fun allowed" decks. as a blue white player control its fun to see someone with my dispostion as a protag. Except i feel glee turning 2 games into one player games.

can't wait till burn decks actually show up

>but it's not really specific to Veeky Forums
Tell me this isn't Veeky Forums

seriously.

>newest chapter's up
so give us a fucking link to it, you faggot

not OP, but here.
bato.to/reader#a83f9ad15c411fd7

I'd storytime it, but i'm about to go to bed, and the last time I did it didn't get much response.

>filename
That is a very Veeky Forums picture but she's not a NEET if she has a job.
Not in
Education
Employment or
Training

true enough, but I kinda came up with it on the spot and that's what came to mind. If it makes you feel better, I just changed it to "WotC, I want my life back.png"

Dungeon meshi is all about what we go to world building threads for. If you replace that with dungeon building.
Every chapter there's some explanation on how it works and it's great.

I stopped paying attention Wizard's Soul and then I saw this thread. I have a few chapters to catch up on apparently. Thanks OP

realise I'm late to the party but is quick start available anywhere other than imagr, i fucking hate navigating a fuckhuge album on that site

You can pray to get the first 13 chapters.
>unzip the archive
>chapters are zipped still

Yeah, if you google it you can find 3 or so manga hosting sites with it.

>her tragic backstory is essentially her mom telling her to git gud and stop playing red.

Thanks, broanon. For some reason I thought that manga was abandoned by the author when she won vs combo player, it's so nice to see it is not.

it is on kissmanga. Which also has the 'all chapter's images on one webpage' mode.

>her mom telling her to git gud
also dying but you should not let it distract you from the important part

it was abandoned by scanlators. the chapter 11 translator notes were heartbreaking until he got help. i heard there's like 10 volumes or some shit out there untranslated.

>don't have the spirit of Veeky Forums ... which is having fun in any way you can

TFW funfags think they somehow represent a spirit of Veeky Forums. Fuck off, you worthless cancerous trash.

She died because her daughter had such bad taste.

Isn't it like 20 chapters total or something?

so rpg side of Veeky Forums here

is a romandeck a combo deck with a really dumb win condition?

like rogue miracle decks?

It's basically an alternate win con deck that relies on fetching cards. Like a combination of exodia and maze's end decks

very much that

>Black master race slaps the ever living shit out of a red aggrobabby into gitting gud: the backstory
>Said aggrobabby has now embraced the hate and gone full blue no fun allowed
i love this series so damn much.

Battle of wits decks and silly shit like that user.

Alternate win conditions pop up in Magic every so often.
They're usually too much of a hassle to actually win with, so they're relegated to casual stuff.
Actually getting them off in a big tournament? That would be impressive. But nobody does that, because it's not worth the risk.
Japan's weird though and likes shit like that, so I wouldn't doubt it if people tried that kind of thing more often in their local stuff.

eh lab maniac you see go off once in a while though, and thats completely goofy shit when it happens.

wizards still prints alternate win condition cards. most of them are kitchen-table tier but they are fun as shit. the only playable one i see is lab maniac (if you would draw a card but you have none you win the game instead of losing it) but that's just in commander/edh.

What chapter did I drop this on?
I'm thinking of picking it back up.
I didn't so much drop that as never notice it updating.
It's not posted in convient locations.

Lab Maniac is viable in Legacy, or it used to be before top ban shot down DDFT.

>the green stompy player is a fat girl.
>prison deck player is an older christmas cake
it has top tier waifus and hilariously accurate caricatures too.

Question from an earlier chapter, what does "deck default" mean?

she essentially would have forced her to mill to death

>Everyone who plays tribal of any kind is a complete tryhard, except the furfag catgirl
>the perpetually assmad spiteful chick is playing white weenie
>the shopkeeper is playing midranged
i completely agree.

bitch got milled hard is what happened, its usually an extremely asshole thing to do.

fucking japan
why does rape have to be in everything?

>anime trash
Kill yourself pedophile

its ok, i know its the """cool""" thing now to hate anime but reddit is that way if you want to hang out with a hivemind

In most TCGs, if you cannot draw a card when it is obligatory to do so (like the Draw Phase), you lose by default. It's partially meant to be a stopper to prevent a really lackluster/slow death if a player has literally no options to them and the other would take a few turns to defeat them naturally, and by enforcing it as a rule you can create strategies like that one to create those situations. Mill was a fun decktype for me in YGO, which luckily came before this whole "Graveyard/banished is just a separate hand" theme.

I know what happened. I was asking for a definition of the term. Based on you're response I assume it specifically losing by drawing when your deck is empty (probably because it got milled out)
>usually an extremely asshole thing to do
What makes you say that? Have a lantern control guy in your meta or something?

*assume it specifically means losing

>no updates for months on end
>suddenly half a dozen chapters in four weeks
THANK YOU, SCANLATION JESUS

>newest chapter's up
AAAAAAAAA

Hope it gets more consistent updates now

It's true, unfortunately. Eita loses his shit and rapes Manaka. It's an extremely weird, incongruous chapter.

'deck default' is not an established term, it's just something the translator came up with. Forcing an opponent to draw their whole library is relatively rare compared to mill their whole library and does not have a shorthand.

That being said, the trick with making all creatures into the card draw engines is sick af and gj Manaka.

Come on, seriously? Fuck that shit, why can't we have a cool MTG manga without that bullshit.

>not expecting something made by Japs to have creepy sexual elements

post raws or I don't believe you.

you are so obviously lying its funny.

i see this kinda shit all the time on /a/, you can't fool me or any rational user in this thread

>Come on, seriously?
Yeah. I think the issue is that Eda felt she'd written herself into a corner by making Manaka too happy and removing the central inner conflict from the story, so that actually I'm just lying out of my ass, I haven't read a damn page more than you guys and I don't understand moon runes. I just wanted to see if anyone would bite my bait

>aki eda
>rape

Was there a time it was more common? I know it used to be a competitive win condition, but I didn't play at the time and don't know what the meta was like then.

I'm amazed that you got some people. Are you by chance a professional Nigerian prince?

Combo Winter was probably the only time it was really a big thing. But considering how easy it is to go Tolarian Academy into cheap artifacts into Mind Over Matter for near infinite mana and infinite card draw, common would be an understatement probably.

I'm surprised myself. actually wasn't me, though. I just took user's horseshit and ran with it.

Is this still running in Japanapapan?

>The problem I see with Dungeon Meshi and Wizard's Soul is the fact that they don't reflect the mindset of an average Veeky Forums-goer.
Good. Meta-meme stories are killing western fantasy, particularly western fantasy comics.

I like how she's picking up her own little harem of masochists.

>"Oh, she beat me so hard that I hate her... but I'm going to follow along with her successes and want to face her again and again."

It's finished, think it's about 6 volumes

Hard agree. Calling "this doesn't reflect the inner reality of a cheetobeast" a *problem* seems utterly... I don't even know how to describe that.