/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

>Previous thread:
>>Pastebin:
>pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>>News
>theonyxpath.com/release-roundup-may-2017-plus-new-nook-store/
>paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
>theonyxpath.com/all-kindsa-drakulas-monday-meeting-notes/
>>Question:
>Are any of you planning a elder game now?
th Editions Cliffnotes
>pastebin.com/cp0r59da

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LH-i8IvYIcg
mega.nz/fm/ofxznChQ
mega.nz/#!RDBnCayI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

please... give me... pdf...

we're so good at letting the thread die. just let it rest in peace

Never.

I kinda like this art

>Forever neonate

All right lads and lasses, all anyone talks about in these threads is vampire, werewolf, and mage. Which is to be expected, since those are the Big Three. But some variety would be nice. Does anyone have good stories from other games? Favorite Changeling you played, the spoopiest monster your cell hunted, even that time you tried to make Geist work.

Well there was this time my demon got dumpling joint from Russian embassy official with turned out to be safe house for Russian mafia...pretending to be afraid of thugs with guns has proven beyond me so it soon turned into normal restaurant.

Beast is the best game ever. That's why no Beasts are ever right wing and no hero are ever left wing

I'll dump a greentext in a couple months if my D:tD game is entertaining and doesn't fall apart.

>all anyone talks about in these threads is vampire, werewolf, and mage

That's entire untrue. We discuss all splats and other beings in both the WOD and CofD with great fervor >in the context of how they're inferior to mages

The CofD Changeling, Geist and Hunter 2e's should all be released "soon." Other splats will get attention, although I hope and pray the revisions exceed the quality of Beast.

I'm really worried about what sorta preachy and cringy BS they'll shove into Hunter and Geist.

Vampires destroy stability by their very nature. Emphasis on the plural. Which is pretty funny, since they're basically the personification of stagnation and stasis.

Last WoD game I played involved some houseruled Purified rules. We didn't know that, of course, because we were playing Vampires and thought he was just a really weirdly built Mekhet Dragon.

We didn't work it out until the fucker got staked infront of us, resurrected immediately gave the staker a faceful of fire.

Really ? I have no idea about beast nur that sounds FUCKING horrible.

I mean it always sounded retarded that "heroes" are narcissistic killers. Sounds like postmodern edgy shit.

A coterie of ambitious neonates could destroy a super stable City with their Ambition.

And stability of vampiric rule is REALLY fragile. One prince going into torpor, one Sabbath pack or even a bloodless corpse in a bar and everything is fluid. And at that point you haven't even looked at the ambitions of the vamps populating the City.

He's shitposting about Beast user. But yeah, it's basically written from the viewpoint of the most batshit insane Tumblrites, and Heroes exist to be the strawman of that Jock that called McFarland a nerd back in Highschool

I certainly dig it.
The best I got is the vampire hunter that worked for the Camarilla on the common grounds of, "The Camarilla at least keeps vampires in check while the rest are far more dangerous."

So the Camarilla fed him information and supplies and he performed a nice little culling this way. Eventually fell apart as all things do but it was fun while it lasted. Didn't end well, as most things tend.

How could a country, ruled (open) by the circle of the crone, look like?

well shit im curious

Thats sounds like SJW OPP shit.

I like your scenario. The Camarillia could even put up a nice little show. Killing a poor shovelhead who supposedly killed a human and then acting as a hard line Organization that protects humans.

I had a similiar scenario in mind. A hunter really fucks up because he doesn't have a Clue. He attacks the sheriff who easily catches him. The sheriff is really corrupt and abducts the family/spouse/whatever of the hunter. Then the hunter gets a crashcourse in firebombing and gets prime info.

Depending on where i want to go the hunter kills some enemies of the sheriff. The sheriff expands his powers due to the Emergency and then triumphantly kills the hunter.

Or he kills the prince, the sheriff "catches" him and assumes power in a coup d' etat.

By open you mean without the masquarade?

Yes

Beast is a special case though. Seriously, go look at Conquering Heroes in the trove and look at what their dev team considers 3spooky5me villains.
It includes: a l33t hacker from not!Veeky Forums, a girl who runs a support group, a Republican politician, and a guy who lays eggs out of his dick and tries to get you to eat the eggs so you also lay dick eggs.
Much memeing and shitposting was had after that book came out. It was good times.

It depends on the Crone cult in question

Russia, but replace drugs and alcohol with blood sacrifice and oligarchs with vampires.

What splat are Slavs in this scenario?

Open warfare.

Proximi, maybe? Something to make them stupidly durable, with a curse of being a pack of utter fucking retards?

>Killing a poor shovelhead who supposedly killed a human and then acting as a hard line Organization that protects humans.

>The NWO would like to have a word with you...
>Mage resistance

Why is 5e alpha so shit, when it has famous devs on board?

>alpha

Which CofD splat is best for ERP?

Changeling

>Veeky Forums Hacker, Republican politicians

Jeez louis. Not really subtle with the political indications.

Russia isn't wrong but the Oligarchs are mostly human.

>ortodox church

In our scenario the crone cult is the state religion. Its propped up and most people respect it. Most people don't believe it and only so the bare minimum of religious stuff.

>Putin,military, Spy agencies

Thats where the Vamps sit.

>Oligarchs

The humans that support your system. They make mad cash, can become ghouls or even vamps and generally have a good live

>common people:

The ruling Elite is interested in self enrichment. So they pretend to have some kind of populist position.

Depending on the flavour you want thats either:

-hardline right Wing Law and order. The occassional pedophile and neonate who killed a human is sentenced to death. And we have a strong military and Government that tries to press our national claims.

-2: Some left Wing model where everyone is 'equal'. Wealth is redistributed (mostly to the Elites though) and the Crones are providing justice and a stable society that cares for everyone.

>implying i have mage metaplot in my vamp game
>implying True magic exists in my vamp game >implying that in my Game the hedges mages that exist would meddel in the Sheriffs business (or would even know about it)

Oligarchs of Oligarchs, then. The Elder Vampires have their own little stable of Oligarchal blood/money dolls.

pdf... please

I would have them as the good president who tries to reign in the worst excesses of the oligarchs. Unfortunately he has to lead a war against the rebells in syria so the good crones don't know about all the corruption.

Cлaвa Укpaїнi

Remember you have Russian crone bloodline that recruits at least partially from Oligarchs and such(Yagnatia)

Also if you have VII book whole Betrayed bunch are vague-russian

youtube.com/watch?v=LH-i8IvYIcg

i'm too dead to job

Not that well versed about CofD.

Its mostly about having a system where the vamps appear as righteous. So you need humans to commit the worst acts. Or at least have humans as the ones the common man hates (that corrupt swine who evicted us etc.)

mega.nz/fm/ofxznChQ

can't.... open

It's a pdf. Shouldn't be hard.

Link doesn't go anywhere user.

>True Magick doesn't exist in my games

The cry of the butthurt vampire fag.

Fun Fact: The Union actually works with the Camarillia on occasion. A group of Deviants that actively works to suppress evidence of the supernatural and has a shitton of money and resources at it's disposal is a group of Deviants the Union is usually willing to overlook.

Especially when the largest alternative is a group of deviant-supremacists who should be killed with napalm at the earliest convenience. Another fun fact - Individual Tradition Mages work with the fucking Sabbat.

Oh. Try mega.nz/#!RDBnCayI

>Individual Tradition Mages work with the fucking Sabbat.

Do they? Any reads on that?

need... key

I might greentext when I get off work.

!SNvHO9fRLsBH72C9LUs6sOFziW-66c_DWq_EjFUZY6w

Happy to help!

you sick fuck

You forgot to specify which PDF you wanted.

I ain't even mad.

i want my... thousand years of... night...

Yeah the stroy interests me too.

Espcially because i wanmt to use something similar in my chronic.

See

I want to know why you use so many ellipses, myself. What, you don't like The Witcher? Or the poles? Stop being such a racist. Racists don't play WoD games.

What about the guy who is explicitly liberal but enjoys driving politicians to the brink? Sometimes to the point of suicide. I think they said he funds republicans more often just out of his own political bias but will do it to anyone available.

>Guide to the Traditions (paraphrased)

"The Traditions have endorsed any act short of soul trade in their campaigns, including Terrorism and Mass Murder."

>Dark Ages: Mage

There's a story hook where a group of young hermetic PC's are offered to a group of vampires as a "peace offering" in the war against Tremere.

On the Vampire end we have The Bahari, Tzimisce, and although not Sabbat the Giovanni also have some Verbena in the family. And that's just off the top of my head.

because... i... can...

>Giovanni also have some Verbena in the family.

Not sure with one of those is worse

Corporate italian hippies. Gross.

>racists don't play WoD games
you have never heard of the LARP community of Werewolf, have you?

Do tell!

In the name of Camarilla!....can we borrow one of those spirit nukes? Will be put to good use

I think it's the Storytellers Guide, but there's a passage in the Vampire entry about how old Mages tend to get along really well with the Tzimisce on account of how warped both of their outlooks get, and the fact that the Vamps are actually very welcoming hosts if you're not a filthy mortal or Camarilla.

>Filthy vampire I will turn you into lawn chair!
>Big whoop I have furniture made out of people too
>Really? Show me!
>Smash cut to mage and tzimisce roleplaying jousting tournament using moving chairs made out of people and lances with screaming heads on buissnes ends

Speaking of Tzimisce, can they actually achieve metamorphosis or are they just chasing a pipe dream.

Nevermind, it was Masters of the Art.
"Possibly the most alien of the vampires, but the closest to use in outlook. That frightens me. I have spent many a Transylvanian night discussing events of ages past with a Tzimisce lord. It's easy to forget just how bizarre he is until his three armed servant arrives with dessert."

For some unusual reason, Werewolf: The Apocalypse is extremely popular among white supremacists, despite its leftist outlook.

Not really surprising, with a bit of rewriting, you could easily make a white supremacist game. (replace Gaia with God/Odin, Pentex with jews etc...)

I am playing a Changeling Lost game in Manhattan with all the Court except the oriental ones. Playing a Witchtooth ogre with gobin vow (Alcohol)

Mage, easily. Followed by Changeling or Promethean.

>get of fenris cooperated with the nazis
>nazis are really hot on preserving the environment, blut und boden

Only 4th gen elders.

>a guy who lays eggs out of his dick and tries to get you to eat the eggs so you also lay dick eggs.

Holy shit...

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!

For my entire life I always dreamed of having the powers of Superman. I never really could ask for more, save perhaps an immunity to kryptonite, and lack of dependence on specific sunlight .... but now... dick eggs..

JESUS H. CHRIST I WANT THIS POWER TOO.

Just imagine it... flying through the sky, seeing some thug roughing a helpless old lady, taking her purse, pistol whipping her her down to her hands and knees. As she cries, helplessly on the grimy, filthy street, you fly down, a glorious hero from the sky, her guardian angel...

With your laser vision, you seer the gun out of his hand... he turns, about to run, and in an instant, in a virtual blink of the eye, you are in front of him again, blocking his path..

Only now, your tights are down, and your huge fucking Kryptonian dick is erect as fuck. Raised like a fist in defiance to the very heavens above. The frail old lady gasps! Her eyes bulge!

The thugs eyes bulge too, from his vantage point, every vein stands out, every beat of your heart pulses threateningly, hinting at what is to come. In his mind, the depravities he is about to suffer are legion.. the crook drops to his knees, his muscles limp, all defiance drained from his body.

But that litany of depravities that was running through his tortured mind were nothing compared to what was about to come... As the superdick came closer and closer to his face, it seemed to grow bigger and thicker - and something else, a bulge began to appear, at the base, growing to twice the thickness of the colossal phallus itself.

As his mind desperately tried to make sense of what he saw, the thug felt the Kryptonian's hands at the back of his head and his head was pushed forward, his mouth opening, taking the dick in, deep, into his throat til he was choking... then egg shit happened. You get it. Mmh.

What do you mean replace. The oligarchs ARE vampires.

Nah thats boring.

The Vamps are priests and generals. The oligarchs are humans supporting the system.

I find that 'avoiding any sort of LARP community' is pretty high up on my list of gaming priorities.

Those places are *terrifying*.

Okay I can jerk of to this.

Both the Tzimisce and the Hermetics have a strong distaste for the Tremere as well. They really would get along.

I like the coup story. I'm all about political intrigue.

Aight aight.

>Witch hunter was part of delta green type taskforce
>Little government conspiracy
>Conspiracy ends when benefactors go to jail for whitecollar crime
>Rest of the team brutally killed in their homes
>Vampire influence obvious
>Witch hunter left alone
>No supplies
>No intel
>Very few connections
>Calls in last few favors, chases last few leads
>Finds himself a ghoul who runs a Red Cross blood bus
>Through gentle coercion, makes contact with the vampire
>She's a Western Ravnos vampire
>Not the best way into the Camarilla but she'll do
>Very tense but he convinces her that he's not interested in masquerade vampires
>Looking to score himself a few Sabbat or Assamites
>She coincidentally has a few interests to protect from the growing Sabbat presence in Chicago before she moves on
>Slowly building business relationship
>She feeds him intel
>He gets to kill Sabbat and Assamites
>Everyone wins
>His vampire contact finally gets him the name of a high ranking Ventrue in the Camarilla
>He sends a letter
>He makes a phone call
>He meets in person
>He walks out of the office thirty minutes later with the logistical support of the Camarilla
>Convinced the Camarilla that he didn't care about vampires who followed the masquerade
>They had a shared concern: vampires that operated independently with no regards for life or the masquerade
>Sabbat, Kuei-jin, Caitiff were usual business
>Business was good

Unfortunately, the only way you can go from the top is down.

Spoiler alert:
It doesn't end well for anyone involved.

Nice. Thats alo a cool idea. Helps players respect humans more because they know a badass.

What book are the v20 koldunic paths from? Cant recall where I saw them

Core rulebook.

well shit user dont leave us hanging, what happened to him?

Lore of clans also has a couple of them.

Anybody ever actually bothered to RP transition from humanity to path of enlightement.

I once tried, but the campaign sadly died too soon.

>I like the coup story. I'm all about political intrigue.

Thank you. But what kind of domain would it be without a corrupt sheriff on a power trip ?

How did it all end ? C'mon.

Ultra SJW echo chamber is all that's left of the White Wolf core development team. The people who could keep the political shit to their personal lives and see to it that good gaming material, good gaming fiction was written are long, long gone. They're even turning Ken Hite's output into rpg.net indie hipster Narrativist style shit.

I have run a verson of the scenario. The only thing that happened with Hunger is that it's a count up system instead of a count down, and players had to switch out some dice for another color. We had a few compulsions on the 1 hit scale, and a couple on the 2 hit scale, but not a whole lot else. It wasn't any more upkeepy than any other game. Hell, nowhere near as upkeepy as Scion's tick system, for example. We did have a hitter Brujah whose hunger went up fairly quickly in combat, but not much else bad happened. 3 attributes worked fine. 6+ difficulty worked fine. People are in histrionics because THEY CHANGED IT NOW IT SUCKS. From the standpoint of game design, the narrative angle is what modern games go for a lot of times. Combat was a godsend though, the one roll combat made the fights go SUPER fast.

God, go back to the OPP forums, Camilla. We know you don't like any horror in the WoD.

Our group likes it, but I built a test game set in a US city after the fallout of the Anarchs fucking up in Berlin and word slowly getting to things. We're in 'cautiously optimistic' level of okay. In particular, most of us like the concept of dialing back elders, elders everywhere; but most of us are 1e Masquerade fans, so a lot of this is going back to a 1e Masquerade feel.

Yes, because the Beast was so front and center as a gameplay mechanic in many games. Also, 1 Hunger is fuck-all impactful. You have single-digit percent chances of rolling a 1 on a single Hunger die, and the concept of 'the Beast is never sated unless you do monstrous things' is a really good way to reinforce it, and also give some interesting mechanics to high Humanity and Path ratings.

Vampire. It has always and will always be the best and only tabletop for getting laid. And whereas back in the days of 1e all girls played Vampire, now there's Changeling and Prometheans and Beast, oh god bless Beast to coral a lot of the hamplanets and tumblerinas and trannies and snowflakes and other problems human beings so the pickings are much better.

TLDR: Vampire the Requiem. It's how I met my wife, 17 years younger, a fun, capable, attractive medical professional with some fun kinks.

>Our group likes it

Some people are into eating feces or fucking corpses.

This. I don't want to dress up as a goth and start sucking each others cock to symbolize how my character is becoming estranged from his humanity.

>muh i met my wife there

I have a gf thank you very much. I want a fun game

>Not having D:tD as your go-to lewd WoD setting.
>Taking a mobile corpse over a glorious biomechanical waifu.

Sjw types hate Beast too.

Sure, 'cause declare backwards, four roll combat, is super awesome. I could give two shits about the social insanity of the pregen characters and scenario (which is why I wrote my own). The mechanics, for what they are, are solid enough for what they're meant to do. Hence why I said 'cautiously optimistic'. It could go to shit, but right now we enjoyed the Hunger mechanics and the one-roll combat, which was the goal of the playtest.

lmao
enough internets for today

>It's how I met my wife, 17 years younger
>17 years younger

How old are you, grandpa?