He doesn't roll the fairest and wisest of all the races

>he doesn't roll the fairest and wisest of all the races
>because they're 'too perfect'
>he needs to 'identify' with his characters

>another fucking elf thread

>because they're "too perfect"
>didn't even absorb 1 android

Not my fault ratmen are not such a common race.

>perfect
>posts the most flawed and human of elves

I prefer elves to be fey-like NPC.

They're overexposed to the point of cliche due to being in hundreds of knock-off generic fantasy settings. Anything that was interesting and fantastical about elves has been boiled off long ago. They're simply another mundanity now. You might as well have said:

>he doesn't roll a pretty, intelligent human with big ears
>lollity herpa derpa derp
>as9ofu8vaxvakln XDDDDDD (am I cool yet?)

Because that's really all 'elf' means now. It's not like when you were reading about Vanyar as an impressionable 12 yr old.

>Elves
>Wise
>Posts Silvan elves, who repeatedly get their asses reamed by ordinary orcs because they're too dumb to either learn or get metal armor
Know how I know you didn't read Tolkien?

>not picking GLORIOUS HUMANKIND
Pleb as fuck

2 out of 3 in that pic are Sindarin elves. Sindarin elves were the kin of the Teleri, who answered the call to journey to Aman but could not compete the journey. They're high elves too, just some elves are higher than others.

Their pride and overconfidence is the flaw of elves, and makes them compelling characters. It's the eternal story of hubris that resonates throughout the centuries.

But I'm already playing a dwarf, OP?

The Laughing Guy 2?

>They're high elves too, just some elves are higher than others.
Animal Farm starring Seth Rogan

electric boogaloo

Sweet Fucking Space Pope THIS.

I'm going to fucking self-harm if I have to experience this scenario ONE MORE TIME:

>ME: So, player #4, what makes your character special within the setting?
>P4: Elf.
>ME: Ok, what make an Elf stand out?
>P4: Ummmm, She's Super Sexy™ and Bows stuff with her Bow!
>ME: Nothing to make her different than a good looking Human with a bow?
>P4: E L F! I SAID THAT ALREADY!

I'm glad someone bumped this thread where we complain about a thing so that that thing can stay in the catalog for even longer.

You're welcome, user.

God damn it.

Now that you've made this complaint, I'm going to have to bump this thread until it posts out or you manage to get the attention of someone who can delete it.

I'll make sure the posts will be on topic from here on out, excepting this one of course.

See you all weekend.

Sounds like you have shitty players.

What are you supposed to do if they're your family and lifelong friends?

They know everyone I know and they'll know if I set up a game without them.

Does Veeky Forums want me to burn my personal life to the ground for the hobby?

Cause I'm within a foot as it stands.

Better that we keep this thread than watch it die and make the same thread again later.

>I'll make sure the posts will be on topic from here on out
Great job so far.

So what if you set up a game without them? Do you have to do everything with these people?

How about we all just report and hide? Nobody needs to reply, but you retards still can't stop giving these bait threads the attention they don't deserve. If everybody would just ignore them, we wouldn't have daily elf shitposting threads.

I'm not a fan of elves, but their women (and men if that's what you're into) have no body hair. That's pretty sweet.

ELF THREADS GET OUT

I should have said MY posts, not THE posts. I don't run the whole world.

Not yet...

I get the sense you're an only child.

You see, there's this thing called "Family" and this other thing called "Sex" and it's generally considered a "Good" thing to have one or both in your life.

More lessons to come.

Is your family and/or significant other so possessive you can't do something without one or the other? Do they really consume that much of your life?

I suppose you're going to need some context. I reside in one of those "Everyone Knows Everyone" small-ish towns. No way I can get a game going without them hearing all about it.

While I can get away for my own time doing the things I alone like to do, there's a difference when it's something they'd like to be a part of.

Imagine your loved ones really like water skiing.

It's Sunday, and you're fueling up the boat.

They're gearing up, and then you say "I feel overly possessed by the fact you share this interest, and I'd prefer if you stay behind, honey."

This is OK in your world?

Maybe not, but if I explained ahead of time that me and the guys were getting together to go water skiing together, I'd imagine they would be more understanding if I said it was going to be "just me and the guys".
Especially if they knew that later I would be spending time with said loved ones doing something else (potentially water skiing related). I don't have to bring the whole family with me to go get a drink at the bar every time I go.

Even when I consider rolling an elf I usually end up going Elan, but I'm also a weirdo who prefers the psionic classes to vancian casters.

>boohoo its not my fault my players are shit even though i keep playing with them muh family ablooabloo
Shut the fuck up. It's your fault and no one else's.

>he doesn't identify with his characters
>he is willingly incapable of roleplaying his characters
>he simply views roleplaying as a chore
No, fuck off.