So... what happens if someone gets pregnant while the father is polymorphed? Is the kid the original species...

So... what happens if someone gets pregnant while the father is polymorphed? Is the kid the original species, or the polymorphed one?

I'm asking for a friend.

Also, just curious, are there half-beholders?

Other urls found in this thread:

forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Mindwitness
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

yes half beholder's exsist. kinda. 3rd party book called "bastards and bloodline"

Basically, the fetus gets destroyed, if it gets created at all. The father's 'genetic material' disappears once the polymorph ends, even if it's already inside an ovum.

In the "official" setting, on the other hand, half-beholders do not exist. The closest thing is a cultist who grafts eyestalks on his head.

With regards to your Polymorph question, the sperm are still of the original race. I know this because it is noted in fluff that half-dragons arise from liasons between polymorphed dragons and their mortal lovers.

...how is it possible for a beholder to have sex with a person or any bipedal creature in the first place? Where are its genitals?

Depends on the settings metaphysics, whether species and such is innate to the soul or a morphic field, or whether the transformation would overwrite such things.

the nature of the transformation could also be a factor, whether it was a termporary guise or a full, permanent change.

This depends on how hardcore the polymorph is.

Does the polymorph spell go so far as to shift your form and cells such that your cells carry DNA that belongs to the species that the individual has been polymorphed into, or is it a magical shapeshift wherein the shapeshiftee's body has been shaped into the new form while maintaining the same DNA and cellular structures glued together by magic?

Upon ejaculating, is the ejaculate and sperm still affected by the polymorph? Would, say, a man polymorphed into a dragon shoot a bunch of dragon-jizz, or a dragon-sized load of human jizz?

Further question: When the polymorph spell wears off, does the effect wear off on the sperm as well after it's been ejected?

We now have 2 primary cases and 2 subcases of the first case.
1: Cellular change
1a: The sperm stays polymorphed when the spell wears off
1b: The sperm changes back with you when the spell wears off
2. Shape (non-cellular) change

In case 1a then yes, a man shapeshifting into a dragon and fucking a human woman would produce half-dragon children every time.

In case 1b then sometimes; a man shapeshifting into a dragon would have a window wherein upon screwing a woman, where if his sperm fertilized an egg and the egg then divided (and ONLY after the egg has finished copying the DNA from the dragon-sperm so that it could divide) then it would be a complete case similar to 1a. There are some sub-cases where the DNA isn't finished copying by the time that the spell wears off, where the DNA then suddenly reverts to the non-polymorphed state, while copying, leading to some freaky hybrids that are say 2/3 human and 1/3 dragon or just straight up non-combinations that don't work. If the sperm doesn't fertilize the egg and then divide before the spell wears off then you have the same situation as case 2.

Whether or not it works as case 1 or case 2 is up to your GM.

In it's mouth.
Taken directly from Lords of Madness pg 40

>Beholders are gender neutral, and they become fertile only once in their lives. During this period (which happens within the first forty years of a beholder’s life), the creature grows increasingly more erratic and paranoid in behavior. A strange ovoid organ (6) below the back of the creature’s tongue grows large and swollen; this is the creature’s womb. A typical beholder gestates up to twelve young in its womb over a period of nearly six months, during which time it grows more and more active and cantankerous. A pregnant beholder eats nearly four times its normal amount of food for the first four months of its term, storing up food reserves in its stomach, intestines, and even its lung. During the final two months, the creature’s womb has swollen so large that its mouth becomes incapable of swallowing more food, and its tongue protrudes grossly from its maw. A beholder is at its most paranoid during this time and remains hidden in its lair until it gives birth.
>The birthing of new beholders is a sight that few have witnessed, and by all accounts, it’s something that even fewer would want to witness. When a brood comes to term, a beholder’s jaw unhinges, and it regurgitates its womb out through the mouth. The creature bites the womb off, and it floats gently in the air. The young beholders are forced to chew their way out of the gory mass to freedom; they are capable of flight immediately, but their eye powers develop later in life. Although a beholder gives birth to up to a dozen young at once, only a handful survive. The parent observes its young and decides which look most like itself. The others are eaten by the ravenous parent, along with the discarded womb, and the surviving young are forced from the parent’s lair within the hour to fend for themselves.

Well, there are half-dragons, right? And it's caused by a dragon in human form fucking a human woman, or a human man fucking a dragon polymorphed into a woman.

In that case, the magic 'transfers over'.

Why do sperm, eggs and DNA necessarily exist?

We're dealing with a world of divine creation, after all. Pregnancy could be an entirely mystical process, more in line with the actual beliefs of the superstitious eras we model fantasy worlds on, rather than our modern understanding. Identical on the surface, very different under the hood.

This

Disgusting and informative, thank you

I'd say the mother's species, though there would be some hints as to the father's (actual) heritage

>Also, just curious, are there half-beholders?
I want to say I've seen ONE but I think it was either a joke or an experiment
Given how normal beholders are, they'd probably kill the kid on sight/wouldn't willingly mate with a non-beholder though

You mean besides pic related?
Well, let's assume, that pregnancy has a mystical element; maybe it's a lot like platonic forms, with polymorphing operating in a similar way. The offspring's spirit still needs a physical body to reside in, and the hybrid body wouldn't be biologically valid in all but the most exceptional, unusual cases.

This user is correct, half dragons couldn't exist otherwise.

never change, tg

>Draconomicon has a sample dragon that's impregnated so many living things in his swamp, everything (And I mean everything, from the crocodiles, to frogs, to even shambling mounds) have the half-dragon template by default
>It's explicitly noted this is all true despite the fact he doesn't know how to polymorph and his partners have an abysmal survival ratio on account of massive dragon dong

It's canon dragons don't need to polymorph, it just makes it easier to fit tab A into slot B
Also social interaction, people are less likely to run away screaming if they think you're a person

What manga's that from?

but user, it is

for you.

what made you think fucking the beholder was a good idea

Because at that point I don't have anything to say at all.
That's not very useful.

Wtf.... W-what a beholder!? HOW!?!

Children take the race of the mother so I don't see how polymorphing the father plays into it at all.

come on man what's the story behind this

Does he endure the torment of pregnancy?

Polymorph is how a good portion of half dragons occur, user. Lore around them even normally states as much.

Who's the crazy fucker they paid to write this?
>He says horrified as he screencaps this for later reference.

booze and drugs, same as every other bad sexual decision

What a stud.

That means it isn't canon you twit. Also, they exist anyway, see the Monster Cults in the Dragon Magazine for more, and the Occular adept PrC in 3.5

I don't know about polymorphed fetuses. But I do know that a type of half beholder exists. This creature is called a Mindwitness.

>forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Mindwitness

There's also a Blue Dragon GILF, Boraksaghegirak, better known as Borak, in Exemplars of Evil who's a massive cougar, who rules a kingdom populated by her own hald-breeds and the mortals that serve her.

Cerebromorphis is a parasitic insemination bodily re-purposing reconstruction process, the Traditional Illithid Lifecycle is that of the Neoillithid.

"What are half dragons for $100, Alex"

Seriously, nearly all half dragons exist because a dragon polymorphs and fucks a human.

With Wizards anything is possible.

So yeah, there are probably children conceived Dragon Style where they are the biological children of their father's original race/species. But also children conceived where they are the biological children of the polymorphed race/species. It all depends on the exact magic that was used. Was it a spell? A potion? Is it temporary? Permanent? etc. etc. etc.

As for Beholders, once again, with Wizards anything is possible.

I am actually working on a template for a domesticated pet beholder subspecies I came up with that was created by a Drow Wizard. They are basically floating cyclops house cats that lazer beam anything that pisses them off with their eye stalks. Only they have the loyalty of a dog that's been well taken care of. Depending on their exact pedigree/bloodline they can range anywhere in size from a large rat to a large house cat. So you can carry them around in pockets and stuff.

To answer your question - no, there are no half beholders. Beholders don't breed. They most likely don't even have sexual organs. As Aberrations, they aren't natural creatures, but rather some creation of some mad wizard or god somewhere - every beholder you encounter, someone created them.

Half dragons are a thing

Here's your answer

That's not true.

==>

To be fair, that sounds like asexual reproduction, not breeding.

There's no required partner by the sounds of it.

It says they are gender neutral, not asexual. Worms and many species of snails IRL are gender neutral, and they can both impregnate other worms/snails, be impregnated by other worms/snails, or even impregnate themselves.

So yes, no matter how bizarre it may seem, if there's some way for beholder sperm to get in there, then other creature's sperm can get in there. Even if it's because a batshit insane wizard shoved it in with a turkey baster.

>what happens if someone gets pregnant while the father is polymorphed?
Depends on the race of the impregnator.

I want to have some absurd size difference fugging!

>he doesn't actually fuck anyone/thing
>he just furiously jerks himself off on them
>most of the time they die due to drowning under all the gallons of jizz, like the frogs and toads
>other times they die due to being crushed under his dick while he dry humps them

>a pregnant beholder eats nearly four times as much...
I see some things are universal.

The most interesting part is that the beholder kills the offspring that look the least like the individual that births them.

If it was asexual reproduction then all of the offspring would look exactly like the parent, because they would all be genetic clones.

So even if no one can agree on exactly how it is done, there is some sort of genetic diversity going on here. And if that is the case, then there is the chance of hybridization. No matter how remote, either of natural means, or unnatural means.

OP, if you're still around, can you give us a little context as to why you are asking if there are half-beholders?

>half-illithid half-beholder
>half-medusa half-beholder
just fuck my shit up, senpai

Medusa's should be possible, though their lizardness may result in a half-illithid instead of a fullblown one. In D&D context, half-Illithid are those who go through cerebromorphis, but are not true Mind Flayers.

There isn't a Half Illithid, Half beholder, mind-witnesses are essentially Illithid beholders.

Also that's nothing on the NOPE Scale freindo-
Aboleth + Illithid Tadpole = NOPE
Aboleth SAVANT + ULITHARID TADPOLE = NOPENOPENOPENOPE
Aboleth Savant (or one of sufficient size) + The Elder Brain being surgically grafted in = SCIENCE WHY
For a lesser encounter, the Elder brain is also a brain in a jar in it's Aboleth host.
Aboleth Savant + Elder Brain that has polymorphed into a Ulillithid Tadpole to be inseminated into the Aboleth to perform cerebromorphis = P̸̧̜̮̦̫̬͕̕h̠̫̻͉̺̰̪͝'̙ͅn̵̴̘̼̠̬̻̖̣̗g̙͉̥͙̩̼̙̯͖̕l̞͖͉ͅṷ̺̟̼͖͇̹͍͝i̗̳̜͕̪͞ ̵͍̘m̙̫̗̗̳̺̝̜͢͟ģ͕̝͝l̜̣̥̰̹͟w̦̕'̴͔͖̞͕͉͎͖͈͢ǹ̹̜͎̤̬̖a̞̰͔f̳̹̖ḫ͖̩͍̗ ̢̩C͙͇̺̖͙͙̻ṭ̛̛͇͉ḩ̪̭̪ͅù̮̱̹̠͈̜͟l̸͕̘̫̖͈̠̺̺ͅh̵̢͙̬͓̟͡ṷ̶̟̣͕̟̪͚͘ ̸̣͚̫̣̜̯̖R̦͘͘'͚̺̤͚̖̠̬̩̕͢l̩̫̜͚̞̤̝͇͜͞y̵͉̜͖̥̯̺̪͢e͚̞̙̬̘̗̣͞h̻͍͙͔͢͜ ͙̘̩̦͇̥̯͘͘͝w̼̘̟̦̯ģ̩a͔̮͇͖h͚̯͓̼͖̱͙͖̙'̛͚͇͖̣͔̖͞n̮̹͎͡a͍͇̺͎͇̘g̷̭̜̹̜l̩̖̞̪̩͇̖̳̀̀ ̛̹͔̬̦̻̪͘͟ͅf̵͙̪͙̝̙h̤͡͝ț̳̩͎̦̯͡a̢͙̘̠̦̙͞g̵̹͙̹̹̀n̸͕̘̯̖̞͚͖͕ͅ.̨̞̦̟͈̪̘̫̩͜ ̺͎̟̼͠Ạ̠̯̻̹̝̮̩z̡͉͡a͕̼̗̤̝͝t͔̙̺̦̀h̶̞̗̝͓̭́o͇t͈̫̭̘̩̜͙h̷̷͓ń͍̬͈̟̰y̭̖̼̦̰͕͟t͔̱̖͔́́h̷͇͎̩̞͕̺͟ͅ ̼̙̜̫͞͞͝s̴͈̠̖̤̬h̢̼͕̫̱̫̥̝̗͖͠u̜͚̳̯͎͡g̠͇̩̻̫̻̀͘͡ͅg̨̺̪̘̙͈̀ ̷̥̬̭̩̰̗͘͠ͅt̸͎̱͍͝h̥̗͉̝̼̀͟͠r̡͔̦͔͓̫͘ơ̧̻̻̘̤͝d̶̯͔̼ ͚͇̳̪̙̫͟m̯͍̰̭̥̪̜͝͝ń̵̳̗͎̥̤͠ą̧̩̮̠̦͇͙h̞̫͈̟̞̪͖͜n͔̩̫̳̦̳̮͎͟'͉̬̭̹̘́,̪̗̼̹͙̕͜ ̡͈̟͇̪z̭̭͓͢h̛̰̻͓̤̖̖r̵̜͎͎͘ͅo̮̟̻̳ ̧̬̦̗̰͍̭̟̠́c̶̸̨̮̯̬͈̦͔̤͇h̡̢̻̫̖̱̺̭͓̭ͅ'̛̜͔͓͟ ̡̗̫̕g̥̭̱͢ͅo̴̧̤͖̭̝̬͘k̢̠͈̺̠̜a̩͘͟ ̢̧̠͇̖f̖͕̖ḩ̸̜͖̜͍͔̱͚̥̳́t̷͔̪͖̱̬̩͢a̳̜g͉͓̞͢n͕ ̨̜͖̮̝͖̯̻͡w̶̺͕̪̘͓͚̜ģ̴̢̰̮̩̯ͅḁ͈͍̥́h̼̜̱̳̖͙̖̕'̨͔͉n̞̜̞͓͇̭̰̖͜͝͝ ̷̠̺̙̙̟͘p͎͖̜̭͖̥̟̼h̖̻̗͖͈͎͠'̛͎̭͔̼̤̫̮h̵̬͔̱̳a̠̻̻̥̜̠f̞͉̜͉̼̭̦h̳̘̩̩͍̞'͇̳͝d̛̞̺̦͎̬̼͍r̩̟̩̳̪͚n̴̢̮̜͚ ̧̛̞̯̝̞͇̖̜m̻͎̮̺͇̯ͅn̘̪̳̪͓a̴̪̱͈̖̦͟ͅh̘͠n̵̤̹̯͕'̵̵̨͈̙a̢͔̰̟̗̮̞̳g̗̙͈͟l̟̬̯͎͡͠ ̧̢̮̹̺̹̠̟̦̘̺b̷̩͍̥̮͈ừ̡̭͔̜̬g̱͈͚̪̠̣͇̺͎n̟̪̬͍̙̪̱̙͟y͓͓̼̠̪͕t̡̼͖͇̬͜͡h͚̥͢ ̷̻̤͓̱̺̳͈͢͞n̞̹͕̟̻w̴̯͖͈͈,̶̱ ͕̭̻̱͓n̴͚̭̖͠g̡̺̝̯̯͝l̡̻̻̼̜u̵̖̣̣̖i̯̺͈͚y̨̺͚̜͚͙͖̫̟͝͠á͙̹ṟ͓̥̤̥̼̤͝ ̞͈̮̦͓͈̹

But now, let's take this shit to the NEXT level-
Half-Dragon Ogre Mage Sorc 10/Alienist 10 (Making it a cloodbonr Caulifower head Eldritch Abomination already) + Ulitharid Cerebromorphis = Literally fucking Star Spawn

Any Ritual to summon the Demon prince Dagon used via an Alienist, thus placing the Pseudonatural effect, which literally summons the Actual Dagon and breaks the universe

Pseudonatural Beholder (Mentioned in a web enhancement) + Cerebromorphis for an even nastier mindwitness Also makes it viable for Beholder Magedom, but rather the Unique Illithid PrC which lets them blend Psionics and Magic and in tangent with Beholder PrC's to boot. Even worse if it's not the regular beholder, but the like of an Elder Orb for example.

To note, there is an actual encounter with an Aboleth and two illithid who went, "well we like water and staying moist, so hooking up with this guy for the free gills was the next best thing." featured in Dragon Magazine at one point. Yeah, the Illithid do like to swim, noted in the Illithad. I should note it's contents are still valid in majority as a lot of information carried over to it's mention in Lords of madness, namely prophecies of their orgins. There are like, 3 of them.

Half-beholders don't exist because Beholders produce asexually. Basically they have a nightmare, and then their kid pops into existence already an adult.

I think the question was about what if a woman who was polymorphed into a man fucked a woman, got her pregnant, then the polymorph ended. Would the sperm remain? If not, what would happen if you true polymorphed, waited till the child was born and a few years old, then dispelled the polymorph? Would the child suddenly develop extreme down's syndrome?

Anons should really learn to read before posting...

I'm going to be entirely honest, I don't understand anything in these posts. But I am going to take your word for it that illithids are scary motherfuckers.

Wow, that's a lot different from 5E Volo's Guide to Monsters, where it just says they can accidentally manifest a new beholder into existence by dreaming.

5e lore a shit.