/40kg/ Warhammer 40k General

Tempting Heresy Edition

>FAQ
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!ToIUlLiR!o91HYGSY9WBNpei5P_2bTw List Builder
Got Squatted, use pen and paper or whatever

>WIP Math-hammer doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!YKJS1JKZ!02mxvjv3PpDN6GZRIBb2no5jbvLiAfkRbvtFGcUtUfo
mega.nz/#!EPZSEQrQ!Ja-hxvV2TrxJSifp20XQ4rgZYCnITsJ0cKIZVwCg1tk
mega.nz/#!sXAhhSCJ!p8iOnX1HQEiGIb9YLkhF_yLTnDASgsQAVt578vTwpI8
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!ToIUlLiR!o91HYGSY9WBNpei5P_2bTw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for tau dominance

First for renegade and heretics is the worst army

second for elf titties I guess

fourth for badass name and rules

nobz in nautz is good now

Yeah, it's pretty fucking bad. Don't know what they were thinking.

have 6.

since we're in a new thread, can someone please elaborate on why/how Renegades and heretics got/are turbofucked now?

has anyone converted the imperial armor AM and xenos books into PDFs yet?

At least you got rules

My Tyrant's Legion got left in the fucking dirt

id like to know this too, because im not seeing the suck

Reposting the converted Forgeworld Indexes

Xenos:
mega.nz/#!YKJS1JKZ!02mxvjv3PpDN6GZRIBb2no5jbvLiAfkRbvtFGcUtUfo

Astra Militarum:
mega.nz/#!EPZSEQrQ!Ja-hxvV2TrxJSifp20XQ4rgZYCnITsJ0cKIZVwCg1tk

Chaos (Searchable and high quality):
mega.nz/#!sXAhhSCJ!p8iOnX1HQEiGIb9YLkhF_yLTnDASgsQAVt578vTwpI8

Macha tries so hard and gets so far, and in the end it doesn't even matter.

>really you use it so your squad can shoot the enemy that is meleeing their buddies right next to them. pistols can shoot into combat, remember?
Yes I remember. And this is more noticeably with their stormtrooper equivalent. Grenadiers with AP-2 hellguns.
Common sense tells me you'd be better off shooting hot-shot lasguns 4 times and then charging (you'd be at 9" away, either you charge or you're going to get charged).
Now that the Morale phase counts models killed both in the shooting and melee phases, it makes no sense to hold the damage until the melee phase.

user was right, this is a better version of Fix Bayonets, for units that are already in combat. Gaining a Pistol 2 weapon is better than gaining +1 attack.

I can't seem to find a middle ground, it's either one or the other.

Renegades and Heretics in 7th was basically guard, with everything shittier, but a lot of unique options that made up for it. Like you had the cheapest psykers, fun respawning hordes, or the ability to target your own units with explosive blasts.

In 8e indexes, everything is blander. Spamming psykers is not a good strategy because smite sucks, tons of people have respawning hordes now (and renegades don't), and blast weapons no longer exist. R&H basically lost a lot of it's unique flavor, but kept the part where everything they do get is worse than guard, unless you just straight take the guard units.

>big choppas are good now
>mega nobs are still shit

8th edition memes:

>wu tang clan
dead

>conshits
dead

>bland
dead

>shitsters of basshole
priceless

FORGOT THE NEW LINK FAGGOT OP

mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A

>wu tang clan
What does this even mean?

Currently working on some fluff for my custom Primaris chapter and I was thinking about doing something different with it. I want to make a Chapter that extensively makes use of normal humans in battle, like wherever the chapter goes to do battle, they bring along several regiments of Chapter Serfs that are somewhat on the level of the Imperial Guard, but trained personally by Chapter marines and integrated into chapter tactics. Kind of like Mentors, except the mentoring is to their own personal serf army rather than lending squads to various Imperial Guard regiments.

Is there anything in the fluff of any other chapter using chapter serfs like this?

isn't there also something like them straight up not working because janky or wrong rules?

Nothing anymore lol

It will never stick.

When the leaks were new, some people shitposted about naming their Ork Clan the Wu Tang Clan, and naming their Sisters of Battle Order the Wu Tang Clan (for the and tags respectively), saying this would let them ally anything to anything.

What will never stick?

>There are a number of Astra Militarum datasheets that can also be used by Renegades and Heretics models – presented in the box on the left. Those that do replace the keyword on their
datasheet in all instances with RENEGADES AND HERETICS and the IMPERIUM keyword with CHAOS. If a Renegades and Heretics unit does not appear on the list, it cannot be from the RENEGADES AND HERETICS, and so cannot have the RENEGADES AND HERETICS Faction keyword.

>he can't read and understand simple rules

The Horrors look underwhelming, Would it be too OP if Blue horror got S2 assault 1 gun and Brimstone have S1 assault 1 gun?

Ultramarine descendants, and chapters that happen to have mortals at hand (space marines usually take command of the warzone they're at).
Hell, even Iron Warriors did it, just not as kindly as you describe.

This is an edition where the most efficient horde killers typically cost 8-10 points to deal a wound per turn to a horde of low toughness low armor and no invuln save units. A pair of brimstone horrors costs 2 points. 2 points for a wound with a 4 up invulnerable save. That means, if your opponent is shooting with the most efficient unit in their codex at a group of brimstone horrors, he will take 5+ turns to kill said group if he uses an equivalent amount of points.

They're pretty good.

>It will never stick.
Lmao, this guy is trying so hard to make it thing. So much effort for a meme that was dead on arrival. It would be sad if it wasn't so pathetic.

I was thinking about this. How would you all rule vertical distance in assault?

Hey /40kg/, after getting my hands on the indexes I’ve re-written my old standard list for 8th ed, are there any glaring problems with it or things I could improve?

I’m going to have to build mostly new models for the Inquisition force since we lost out our Henchmen and armour options. Still, I think running a low str/high volume of fire Acolyte squad and a high str/low volume of fire squad together with an Inquisitor in a gunship Valkyrie is a pretty decent strategy. The Skitarii were basically an afterthought since I had 1194 points when writing the list, but I have the models and a small squad gives me extra boots on the ground. Couldn’t decide on Vanguard or Rangers, so any advice there would be good.

I’ve got no ides what I’m doing with my Legion of the Damned though, we lost so much shit since the 7th ed Marine codex ( more accurately for me, their digital codex) that I don’t know how to equip them any more. Multi-melta makes sense for the heavy weapon, but I don’t know if I should double down on melta or stick with a Plasma Gun since the ranges match. Same thing with the Storm Bolter, it’s only there because of the range. A Plasma Pistol might’t not see much use since the squad is mostly going to be used defensively due to the 3++.

As for the BA force, BA Inferno Pistols suck ass now what the hell? If I didn’t think they were cool, I’d probably be swapping them all out for combi-meltas due to cheaper points/longer range/better utility. Used to run that Tac Squad with a dual Inferno Pistols Chaplain, can’t do that shit any more since no marine HQ can dual pistols. Can’t drop pod them like I used to either due to the 9” limit, so slapping them in a Rhino seems to be the way to go if I want to deliver them into any decent shooting range. If there’s a different HQ option that’s worth taking, I’m up for suggestions. I’m not 100% on the Sang. Priest, I just thought it might be a good utility choice to keep the tac squad alive.

your basshole meme is so fucking tired, son
please stop spamming it every thread

White Consuls.

Yeah there's janky shit like some of the the AM datasheets available to them either don't exist or are referring to something with a different name than what the text says, and also that none of the Renegades and heretics unique infantry can even get into a transport as they don't have the AM faction keyword.

Its not even a good pun to begin with. And its not even so bad that its good, its just "ehh"

Would you say that basshole is pretty shitty?

There are a ton of errors across the indices. I wonder if GW will acknowledge it.
I've been collecting Tau questions to share with Ultramarines battle brother Nick for FAQ

>exactly 1 point over
>cheapest upgrade I could take off is 13 points
>cheapest model is 33
What a terrible night to have autism.

Is it just me or are chaos spawn really good/under costed?

>mega.nz/#F!ToIUlLiR!o91HYGSY9WBNpei5P_2bTw

I don't know why people assume it's the same person. It's lots of people using it to troll people people would can't stop taking the bait, like you.

Which army has the best fucking sluts?

we're all shitsters of basshole around these parts

I was only pretending to be retard-

Sounds similar, but I mean less like taking command of whatever is there and more utilizing mortal forces as an integral part of their chapter tactics.
Ok, these guys sound almost exactly like what I'm thinking of. Really cool fluff, sucks that they're not a more prominent chapter.

>B-BAKANA..!

>ITT shitsters of basshole trannies getting buttmad about people making fun of their shitty meme-tier waifufag army before anyone even made fun of them
like pottery

give me a cool hipster chapter to paint my marines

>forced meme: check
>trannies: check
>pottery: check
quality post
I hope this thread falls into a pit of tranny arguments like so many before it

That chapter which Magnus squatted, Celestial Eagles or something like that

Mantis warriors
Space sharks
Knights of blood
Raptors
The brothers of basshole

Can someone kind and in the know explain what this 'pottery' meme is about

kekkkkkk

bastardization of the saying "it's like poetry"

Who would have thought I would develop a foot fetish on Veeky Forums

Its not even a meme, its autistic screeching.
Meme must have a charm in it. A subtle hint or aroma or a blatant pungent stench. This have none. If it was related to slaanesh and noise marines "basshole" might of work in some case. But it does not have anything to do with sisters, its just rubbish forced by idiots thats why it does not catch.

Hmm ok, so it's a sarcastic complement.

My current collection:

Space marines:

HQs:
Captain
Chaplain
Terminator librarian
Techmarine
Vaylund Cal

Troops:
35 tactical marines
5 scouts

Elites:
10 company veterans
5 sternguard veterans
5 vanguard veterans
5 cataphractii terminators
6 terminators
1 contemptor dreadnought
1 apothecary

Fast attack:
5 assault marines
3 tarantulas

Heavy support:
3 devastator squads
Vindicator
3 deimos predators (usually run as normal predators)
sicaran venator

Dedicated transport:
2 rhinos/razorbacks

Allied guard detachment:
HQ:
Company commander
Lord commissar

Troops:
10 guard infantry

Elites:
2 special weapon squads, or 1 and 2 command squads

Heavy support:
Leman russ
Mortar squad
Missile squad

Dedicated transport:
Chimera
Where should I go from here? Current plans include getting a land raider crusader, and maybe a rifle dread. Maybe some bikes and flyers? Not looking to expand my guard detachment right now, it's leftovers of my 4th ed guard army I sold during 6th edition.

Get 100 conscripts

>autistic screeching because someone called your waifu a shitty asshole
>coupled with projection and desperate damage control
lol

>being this anally blasted about people making fun of your tranny meme army
>shitsters of basshole players confirmed autistic weebs
laughing_cheetah.jpg

Can't decide what to put on my onager's, should I be running Icarus arrays or neutron laser/cognis. Maybe the heavy phospher edition? What would my fellow men of toaster waifus take

neutron 5ever imo

>GW in charge of memes and references
Actually this one is kinda neat and subtle

Depends on your meta. Read the Icarus array rules against anything with the FLY special rule and realise how powerful that is against some armies vehicles and units.

Either way running two seems best. They're great units.

its currently being faq'd someone already posted this to the facebook and got a reply

>Still no quality Mortarion pictures

If I've still got the list builder open, is there any way I can download it still? I've tried downloading the complete webpage, but when I open the HTML it doesn't open to the builder.

i don't see anyone raging, cheetah impostor

Is a cultist necromancer? Does he live in death?

Anyone have experience doing dip shading on space marines?

i want to do a huge batch of 90ish marines

>Implying i play sisters
>Implying i play imperium

Did you take down all the mirrors in your house for fat shaming or something?

as written. a Knight meleeing people in a ruin is pretty dumb.

So did anything change for CSM to make them worth a shit to play?

>tons of people have respawning hordes now
Which factions have this? The only thing I can think of is the (now one-use only if I'm not mistaken) Tervigon ability.

CSM are pretty amazing.

MASAKA!

If you have a named character in your army, do you buy just him or do you buy him and buy any equipment he has?

i know that poxwalkers make more poxwalkers for every kill

It says wargear included or wargear not included in the points values section of the index. Do whatever it says

Speaking of, is it worth to use Rubrics as elite instead of termies for standard CSM, now that they are not shit?
You just buy him.

Rubrics are good but if the enemy hammers them with a bunch of shots they'll go down. This is just my opinion but I think you'd be better off filling your elite slots with stuff that will survive longer.

That being said if you are going to use them really smart, hey, they're good units.

Forgeworld have once again shown how much they hate Tyranids by making the biotitan expensive and useless.

1,800 points and Toughness 8, this means the average anti-titan weapon wounds it on a 2+.

Yes it has good CC, but at 12" movement, a warhound can run rings around it and it will probably be dead before it gets close enough.

Fucking FW and their imperial bias.

>wu tang clan
It was only living in the imagination of dummies
>conshits
Really? What happened?
>bland
How is that dead? The game is still pretty bland compared to 7th. Not to say I want to come back to this mess but I have high expectations for codices.
>shitsters of basshole
This meme is probably one of the most cancerous ever and the author should feel bad about it. It's the probably the only one in the list I really want dead

the second people started actually playing the game, conscripts got btfo
also having negative command points is illegal

>you guys all better stop saying shitsters of basshole it's making me really mad
lol

dumb question, but how do you all deal with super heavies i.e. giant fuck hueg guard tanks without your own?

because ignoring 8d6 flamers, 4 lascannons and a fuckoff huge main gun will only get you so far in life.

lascannons, meltas, krak missiles

focus them down with your anti tank weapons

doesn't seem that much of a bias, it has 50 wounds and can be S20, its wounding those titans on a 2+ as well.

What the appeal of pic related ?

At least the dimachaeron is still good

at 48" range and doing D3 damage to itself each time.

No, it's just that you can't have less than 0 command points so 0-1 would revert back to 0.