How might the introduction of orcs, elves, and mages up to atleast the fifth level affect the 19th century battlefield?

How might the introduction of orcs, elves, and mages up to atleast the fifth level affect the 19th century battlefield?

Special units, like gurkhas.

>The American Civil War
>Brother against Brother
>Neighbor against Neighbor
>Elfhold against Elfhold

Other creatures such as centaurs can be used in a medley of ways, from quick transportation and storage of ammunition and medicine, to two-person calvary strike forces and such.

How do they get the required exp?

Groups of 4 of them kill 36 Orcs over a few days.

We already have like three threads about this

All of those are in a standard medieval/Renaissance D&D setting though.

Up to at least?

You wouldn't want a fresh, doe-eyed level 1 mage out on the field when all they're good for is a few casts of magic missle and then they're caput.

A couple well-aimed Sleep spells could work pretty great in a fight, though.

Musket formations with the first two ranks goblins or kobolds or something tiny, the next two humans or something similarly sized, the last two something big like orcs.

I mean sure it'd be hella vulnerable to artillery, but that density of fire tho.

Also Orcs would make excellent grenadiers, and small critters terrifying skirmishers.

I find myself wondering if elves would even bother with inaccurate muskets, however. I feel like they'd still use bows.

Another question would is how would the development of aircraft differ in a world with Fly and Levitate spells.

The Wright brothers are bitter at all the uppity wizards and magic folk and decide to find a way to fly themselves, with blackjack and hookers

>Those namby panmby broomstick flying shits will think twice laughing at me when I knock their asses right outta the sky!

The aim wouldn't be to understand aerodynamics but to figure out how to apply the fly spell to objects. You could end up with things that have no right getting airborne effortlessly soaring through the skies.

Like lawnmowers. Or bumblebees.

The japanese understanding of fat is so naive. I wish that was as far as obesity actually went

>Centaurs
>Cavalry
This doesn't make sense and I am experiencing slight discomfort at the fact that someone would propose such a thing

You and me both.

How so? What's a better role for them?

Centaur cavalry makes no sense. The whole point of cavalry is that a person is riding on a mount and is free to do stuff like shoot projectiles while not worrying about moving. Shit like that pic makes no sense like how the centaur is galloping while aiming a rifle at the same time.

Also all of Japanese media is cringe

I don't know, I can't see a fault to it.

It looks like the rider loads what might be a recoil less rifle. It would allow a faster fire rate than one trying to load and fire.

Took another look at the pic. Not a recoiless rifle, looks more to be an anti-armour rifle of a sort. Still, have gone a loader would allow for faster follow up shots.

>stockings on the hind legs

Unf

>saying this in an anime image board

I want people that came after 2009 to leave

Or flying brooms out fitted for more military combat.

19th century? The biggest benefit of mages would be high speed communication. 19th century artillery has anything they could dish out offensively.

High speed communication was the biggest revolution in warfare perhaps ever.

Sounds about right

That's just when they want the fat to be sexy, they go whole hog for characters allowed to be gross.

How about you can feel every stab, blunt trauma and slash that before your horse would have to deal with? Or that firing a gun or bow while running is just as hard for a centaur as a person.