How would lizardmen fit into 40k?

Seeing how amazingly that last thread turned out. How about we try it with lizardmen as well?

Other urls found in this thread:

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Slann
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Ironically I was thinking of using the few lizardmen I had around as chaos worshipping minor xenos to have a skirmish-style game going with a friend of mine. They would have a few guys and then summon demons while fighting against the DW

Didn't an old edition of Necrons suggest using Lizards to represent dudes?

Who wants Lizardmen when we could get Space Rats instead?

Why not both?

This

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Slann

Favoured children of the Old Ones, shepherding the Tyranids to the galaxy.

Also pic related.

So to bring them up to 40k, what level of advancement would their civilization require? What would be their tech level? Their government? Are the Slann still in power over them? Are there any Slann left? How do they fight? How does their culture view the other races? How do they view the Warp? Do they despise Chaos like they do in Fantasy? Do they still make use of beasts as mounts and weapons of war?

Yes!

Lizardmen had been the preferred slave race of the old ones due to their robotic subservience, biological immorality and great worth ethic. When the old ones died the lizardmen took most of the old one's fleet of gas giant sized worldships (renamed them templeships) and fled the galaxy where they wait as exiles in deep space. Over the years the lizardmen have kept their exertions to a minimum, every action they take expends energy that they cannot afford to lose naturally most of the templeships were populated by a couple thousad. Only recently have they been forced back into the galactic space by the approaching tyranid fleets and have started procreating again.

Lizardmen templeships have no form of stealth and thus are clear for all to see. fortunately for them however they still live on constructs the size of jupiter and carry a limited cache of the most powerful technologies in the galaxy and they are ultimatly pretty adament about just wanting to be left alone. Lizerdmen would never attack another race(except necrons) on the offence and are only intrested in getting themselves back into a prosperous age and find a means to reviving their dead masters.

At the heart of every lizardmen templeship is the corpse of an old one that they are sworn to protect.

Lizardmen already fit perfectly into 40k.

Just make them into servants of the old ones that return and oppose chaos. They could have a simmilar relationship with the eldar as the lizardmen have with the high elves.

They are "allies" but assume that the eldar arent smart enaugh to deal with chaos, kind of what the eldar think about the empire.

With recent AoS fluff you could just make them into order demons but personally i find that lame.

Realy lizardmen are a natural fit for 40k as is
Just make the stuff thats special equipment like the hand of the gods, the piranah balde hwich is basically a chainsword anyway into the standard equipment, as in how it was for the old ones and there you go.

Dinosaurs of course, tons of dinosaurs with laserguns

Where is this one from? never seen it

The tyranids do sort of resemble the lizardmen physically. i always wondered if the tyranids were some leftover old ones tech, the shadow in the warp specifically beeing another anti chaos weapon.

Identical to WHFB lizardmen but with all the Techno gadgets thats relegated to lord choices in WHFB becomes the standard equipment.

id say lizardmen would attack anyone they would deem an isseu for the great plan or prone to falling to chaos.

>Where is this one from? never seen it

3e Necron codex.

Tarellian Dog soldiers or Tau auxiliairies.

Tarellians would be nice for an "alien mercenary" army with all sorts of asorted ayy lmaos.

But they are no proper stand in for Lizardmen, Lizardmen occupy a very specific niche in the setting, the living fossils from the age of the old ones, i think 40k would benefit from such a faction.

Aren't there already lizardmen in 40k? Called the Slann or something? Obviously they have next to no fluff but I think they already technically exist.

That was the other thread OP was referring to, user. We've covered that. Go check it out, it's pretty good.

Bringing back the Slann would be great.

Primitive frogmen using the ancient devices of their forefathers, with incredible psychic powers.

People who aren't autistic pus-ridden furfags?

>biological immorality

uh-oh

Lizardmen did exist in 40k.

I worry that 40kfags would ruin the flavor of the army by try to make them "more grimdark" which be a disservice to these ancient enemies of Chaos.

is it possible to just have an isolationist race that hates Chaos in 40k? I'm not exactly an expert on 40k lore.

I can see them as basically being the Covenant gone Aztec Asphetics wise.

>I worry that 40kfags would ruin the flavor of the army by try to make them "more grimdark" which be a disservice to these ancient enemies of Chaos.
Lizardmen are already pretty fucking grimdark, just like everything else in Fantasy. All you'd need to do is just give em space ships and guns.
>is it possible to just have an isolationist race that hates Chaos in 40k? I'm not exactly an expert on 40k lore.
Eldar.

The Veer-Myn are tragically underrepresented in distant space fantasy time.

No and that doesn't make any canonical sense. Necrontir were human-like-humanoids.

That is some pretty good crack you took, otherwise.

See They didn't say to represent the Necrons with Lizards, but degenerate descendants of the Old Ones

Somewhere between Tau with their caste system & Tyranids.

Were the Old Ones actually Space Dorfs?

yes, in-fact, the first book-codex for necrons back in 3rd edition suggeste using them as devolved remnants of the old-ones.

>who are the Tarellians?
>who are the Slanni?
>who are the Loxatl?

Pappy Nurgle would be pleased

Am I the only one who thinks Necron tech/aesthetics would go well with Lizardmen?

>the rainbow colored dinosaurs riding dinosaurs and fighting the most evil faction in the game are grimdark

I dont' see it. Lizardmen rarely even attack other factions.Fantasy is not nearly as grimdark as people try and make it out to be. Before 8th edition, the good guys won once in a while, there was clear line between goo and evil factions, and regular dudes kill greater deamons with flintlock weapons.

They used to exist, and frankly I would kill for GW to make a codex: Slann. Lizardmen riding Dinosaurs with lazer guns would get GW all of my money.

They are adding in 2 new xeno races that have nothing to do with existing armies, and with the return of ad mech and GSC, who knows what might happen

>They are adding in 2 new xeno races that have nothing to do with existing armies
They are?
Where did you hear that?

>playing Lizardmen against 40K armies
>being able to use Slann magic to smash tanks and and shit
>Carnosaur rampaging through a squad of space marines
>Skinks pelting guardsmen with poisoned darts and javelins like a bunch of scaly ewoks
I say bring it on!

Also this. Lizardmen are a lot of things, but they're not really grimdark. They have aspects of it, but most of them are in 'the past' (like when they genocided everything the Old Ones didn't like, way before the Gates even collapsed.

Pretty much everything else about them focuses on how they've forgotten a lot of their past, or accidentally fuck things up for someone half a world away when they re-align some continents. And that they're super-slow to make decisions because they always want to make sure they fit in with "the plan", which sometimes causes other problems for them.

In a strange sort of sense, the Slann are a bunch of middle-managers trying to run their empire using old office memos from the missing executives for guidance. Skinks are the over-eagre supervisors who run with shit before weighing all the pros and cons. Heh.

Lovely, is that the 2ED book?

Woops. Sorry. Thought he was talking about using Lizards for Necrons, not as a separate, un-flushed-out faction.

>"Orang-utang"
Heh, people bitch about Black Library mangling Shakespeare's name, and stuff, but it seems GW has been doing this forever.

His asshole.

Natives on an Eldar Exodite world?

As a way to finally introduce the Old Ones (Slann) as an official faction. I pray it happens, both because Lizardmen are amazing and because it would bring Necrons back into the spotlight.

Fell like that would make them too small of a faction/ subservient to the Eldar.

I've been playing lizardmen for a long time and it amazes me how much people misrepresent them.

its to the point that whenever they get called robotic or a hivemind I get mildly triggered.

A Saurus is not dumb, emotionless, or a drone. They are just born ready for war. They
"just know" advanced war tactics and maneuvers and don't think about much else.

we all have different definitions of grimdark but the lizardmen certainly aren't "good" they're just opposed to chaos. AoS reveals what the great plan was and its turning the universe into a perfectly ordered system. Which is bad for anyone who isn't the lizardmen. There's also the live sacrifices, the live mummification, their completely uncompromising way of dealing with even the other order races, trapping enemies in "and I must scream" situations, etc. at least eldar and high elves will occasionally try to explain themselves, the lizards have such contempt for everyone else that they wouldn't even try

>Lizardmen
>clear line between good and evil

hmm lets take a look
>Saccrifice anyone tresspassing in lustria to sotek
>Teleport into the old world to fuck some dude in particular because he has this one gold coin thats relevant to the plan of the old ones
>Genocide the dwarves because the continents just werent quite right according to King Frog
>Genocide all the pre human races save for the Dragon Ogres who managed to survive due to making a pact with chaos
>Kill the Elves they are technically allied with because they misunderstood what King Frog said

The entire thing of the Lizardmen is that King Frog says "Bring me a Pepsi" and Old Blood Doofus goes "What did he say? That sounded like KILL MAIN BURN to me" to which Skink Priest dimwit responds "Absolutley, he just said KILL MAIM BURN this particular race on the other side of the world

OP didn't ask for them to be a major player, he just asked how they'd fit. They fit into a corner of the smallest backwater. Deal with it you scaly weirdo.

I never said they were the good guys, only that fantasy isn't a grimderp fest all the time like 40k and that people point out the edgy dark shit and ignore the "good vs bad guy" motif fantasy has always had.

Also
>Saccrifice anyone tresspassing in lustria to sotek

Literally not true, considering elves and humans have been into Lizardmen cities and been let go, never to be harmed on orders from Slann

>Teleport into the old world to fuck some dude in particular because he has this one gold coin thats relevant to the plan of the old ones

Maybe you shouldn't still form being who are deeply religious and can move continents with their mind?

>Genocide the dwarves because the continents just werent quite right according to King Frog
Greedy stunties dying...so what?

>Genocide all the pre human races save for the Dragon Ogres who managed to survive due to making a pact with chaos
Yes, when a god that created all of existence as you know it tells you"these creatures need to go", you tend to listen.

>Kill the Elves they are technically allied with because they misunderstood what King Frog said
Rarely happens. Hundred of stories about how the Slann are constantly helping the Elves form behind the scenes, with the Elves having no idea they even received help.

Op was clearly referencing the homebrew of a skaven faction that is in the thread link. It's obvious that 'fit' means 'how would you translate their lore to 40k.

>Literally not true, considering elves and humans have been into Lizardmen cities and been let go

Or slaughtered, seemlingy at random.

>Maybe you shouldn't still form being who are deeply religious and can move continents with their mind?

Or maybe you shouldnt exist when the Lizardmen think that you existing somehow is a detriment to the great plan.

>Yes, when a god that created all of existence as you know it tells you"these creatures need to go", you tend to listen.

Or when in the 8th edition Army Book Mazdamundi decided "fuck it, they all need to go"

>Rarely happens. Hundred of stories about how the Slann are constantly helping the Elves form behind the scenes

Unless they go to lustria.
Then King Frog goes "These shouldnt be here, also bring me a pepsi" to which Dinosaur dude replies "KILL MAIN BURN"

that story has been in the fluff since the very first army book