/bbg/ Blood Bowl General

Season 8 Veeky Forums Fumbbl League is underway.

bbtactics.com/
plasmoids.dk/bbowl/Bloodbowl.htm
1d4chan.org/wiki/Blood_Bowl

The rules that are being replaced on FUMBBL, the CRP (aka LRB6):
marmeladov.com/BB/LRB6.pdf

The new GW released 2016 edition books, including the Deathzones supplements: mega.nz/#F!uw4XiYxK!tboZyS7RM-rrPJ93nSAmSg

Stunty Leeg handbook:
fumbbl.com/files/Stunty_Leeg_Handbook_v1_0_1.pdf

Veeky Forums FUMBBL League group:
fumbbl.com/p/group&group=9828&op=view

Veeky Forums Stunty Leeg group:
fumbbl.com/p/group&group=10178&op=view

Veeky Forums Secret League group:
fumbbl.com/p/group&group=10393&op=view

Veeky Forums Monkey League group:
fumbbl.com/p/group?op=view&group=10667

Discord Server: discord.gg/3mpKZx2
FUMBBL IRC servers are dead. Go to the Discord instead.

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=981226
soundcloud.com/user-706314789/tg-bbg-s8r1-recap/s-lVc8Y
fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=981358
fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=981434
louisesugdenart.tumblr.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

the shading on his chest in the second panel is weird

Why are you looking at his chest user

it beats looking down there

I don't know why but not a single one of the new blood bowl miniatures seems that good to me.

Not been able to place my finger exactly on why yet, the poses/sculpts perhaps just feeling a little flat maybe?

I felt similar about the new goblins. Not much personality is projected by their heads and poses barring a couple. Same can be said of the secret weapon FW models, they're coming off as a little too serious for a team of hopeless green midgets that sometimes do something great.

Having another look I was perhaps too harsh.

There is the odd sculpt that I like, The Black Gobbo, Zug and a couple of the Skaven.

The FW goblins really are probably the worst.

Not really sure why they went with such ridiculously big noses on them in particular. Larger than the old multipart plastic goblins and especially odd considering the old style of the previous blood bowl goblins and newest plastic nightgoblins.

Its very rugged and modern compared to the last edition. Also the old style miniatures had a fair bit of charm to them with their simplicity. The old Goblins barely wore any armour bar the odd bit of chainmail, shoulder pad and cone helmet.

I like them but it took a bit of getting used to. I agree with the weapons though, they look a bit off somewhat. Though I like the Friday the 13th/Leatherface Chainsaw Goblin.

Anyone getting stuff from the Made to Order? I'm getting a Halfling team and an Ogre team - Not a fan of the Old wood elf sculpts and I figure if I want a vampire team before a new one comes out i'll use the human team for thralls and black arc corsairs for vampires

Vamp team is surprisingly well sculpted. They're small but very nice figurines. I already got the Ogres and Vampires and sadly no interest in flings or Elves. The Wood Elves look a bit too 60s for my liking.

Enjoy anyway, the Ogre miniatures are amazing and really intimidating on the field.

hmmmm... I was put off by them being small, but maybe i'll pick up a set

damn that ogre pack is relatively cheap, 12 euros per ogre is nice and you are just a pack of snotlings away from a nearly full team. The only problem is how to go at getting that 6th ogre you need,good luck finding some fitting ogre.

New Morg would make a good captain to the team.
I bought 2 packs, the spare ogres are useful to other teams

Thinking of getting into a stunty team (ogres, flings, gobs) and just wanted to know a few things.

>which one is the easiest to play?
>which one is the most reliable?
>what one starts off strongest?
>which team scales best?

Was thinking of Ogres as i saw a team beat up some orcs and chaos but wanted to assk here.

They all are hard to play, but Ogres are the easiest due to just bashing the enemy.

Halfings are the most reliable due to no Bone-Head or Secret Weapons.

Ogres have the best time doing CAS of almost any team, but the others are probably better. Stunty teams aren't about getting skills, you actually want less for Halflings and Goblins. Their goal is to get more inducement money from facing stronger opponents.

Ogres are probably the highest risk and highest reward of the stunty teams due to your only good players all having Bone Head and one being removed fucks you.

Thanks for that. So what are goblins advantage, if any over the other two? I saw a few rosters on fumbbl only using the pogo and looney, why though?

Als doo you know which of them has the highest/lowest win %? Sorry for all the questions just really interested.

Ya I think I will go for ogres as they seem to be good at beating up the other bash teams. Like the minis too.

Any suggestions for roster or set ups?

Less secret weapons because they quickly fill up your TV and against fresh teams you need as much as you can get. The advantage of the team is their being secret weapons to try things and the two trolls to tie stuff up. w/l I don't know, but I remember awhile ago during a NAF tourney Ogres actually caused the most casualties. I personally don't play stunty teams so I can't give you the best setups either.

Thanks for the info man. Interesting to hear about that with the NAF. Hope to see the ogres brutality myself.

Playing Underworld I don't TTM a whole lot. My troll has more important things to do.

But last game I felt I was behind without much ability to catch up (blitzers got taken out early, throwers and linemen couldn't fill the gap quick enough), so I just started chucking goblins at other players.

Happy to say I inflicted some injuries without any gobbos getting hurt.

Alright /bbg/ we need a discussion so let's talk pieces. Whats a short list of 'best pieces' overall? What is best in thier position (lino, Blitzer, blocker etc.) What about the worst?

Personally I think the best peice is the wardancer followed by 'zon blitz then probably the next is necro werewolf and gutter runner.

bull centaur, wardancer, gutter runner, wolf, beast of nurgle, underworld stormvermin

best linemen are whatever has regen unless you're not against claw then it's longbeards

fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=981226

Deadline Dodgers Vs Canticle for Bloodbowlitz

Started after a delay, only for one of my loners to disappear from the client in setup, and the game not letting us start with 10 men.

As other user said, flings are the most reliable, and Ogres are the worst. Personally I find them the most fun though. You can just switch your brain off and enjoy trying to get cas and the odd TTM TD. And when by some miracle one of your ogres ends up with the ball then you can have a good laugh trying to get it down the field while swatting other players and praying not to bonehead.

bump

I am curious about the bull centaur being in the top. It's good but not the best imo. It's S4 is nice but it's lack of agility makes ball carrying without a handoff difficult as a Blitzer it's better since it's agility matters less.

Sprint and sure feet make it practically mv9. Great skill access and ag2 isn't the worst. Av9 nine and thick skill keep it on the pitch.

It's here, the first Veeky Forums league recap of /bbg/ (a bit delayed though)

Quick recap of Season 8 Round 1 available here if you missed it on discord live earlier

soundcloud.com/user-706314789/tg-bbg-s8r1-recap/s-lVc8Y

Watch me die (Like I deserve):

fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=981358

Cuckrim: “Welcome to CCTV, I am your host, Cuckrim and on my left is my co-host Cmen.”
Cmen: “Hrmph.”
Cuckrim: “Today we will be looking at a former slave owner turned coach, Sassassing.”
Cmen: “There’s a difference?”
Cuckrim: “Well, one does not care about the rights and well being of their property and the other is a slave owner.”
Cmen: “Heh. Let’s talk about the team this faggot is bringing into the season.”
Cuckrim: “Oh dear. It’s goblins Cmen.”
Cmen: “I like how Sasasing gave up hope after what happened to Kangz and isnt even pretending to try.”
Cuckrim “Indeed many goblin teams just seem to end up as stains on the pitch and from what we can tell so far, Sas’ goblins don’t seem to be much different. The team seems to be made up of people he knew from playing some kind of game. Or atleast goblins with their names.”
Cmen: “Tell you what cuck, Sas hasn’t been too impressive so far making many retarded calls throughout his games before snapping and screeching autistically at the spectators and the ref.”
Cuckrim: “This is why you need those bribes as a goblin coach, you can even get them for free if you file for unembloatment.”
Cmen: “Always taking handouts these fucking green gits.”
Cuckrim: “Uhh can we cut that out? Oh this is live? Great. There goes our green demographic. Not to mention those fags in sound have been threatening to strike… I’ll show them a stri- I mean let’s look at some highlights! ROLL THE CLIP!”

Cmen: ”Here’s Sas with his latest collection of victims, taking a selfie before his first game.”
Cuckrim: ”They got to have some kind of photograph to put into the obituaries I suppose.”
Cmen: ”I remember when we just skinned their faces and pasted them in. I’m telling you this digital age is destroying the spirit of the game.”
Cuckrim: “I feel like Sas is better off skinning his own face so he won’t get recognized out in public.”
Cmen: “Heh. Up next, here’s a question: how many turns does an idiot need to lose their ball&chain?”
Cuckrim: “I don’t know Cmen, how many?”
Cmen: “Well looking at this highlight, just one.”
Cuckrim: “70 thousand buckaroos for one 3d block. As the president would say it, This has been the worst trade deal in the history of trade deals, maybe ever.”
Cmen: “Didn’t even kill itself going out. Damn shame.”
Cuckrim: “Season’s not over yet Cmen, it’ll happen. Finally, our last highlight shows what happens when you don’t bribe the ref properly.”
Cmen: “All refs accept bribes but not all of them take to be threatened right in their face. Especially when it’s someone like Sas doing the threatening.”
Cuckrim: “You just don’t see it often, a coach being dragged into the stands by the spectators to punish for a ref call. Usually it’s the ref getting ganged up on after the game.”
Cmen: “Sas probably planned this. He gets a lot of enjoyment of getting “ganged” up on by sweaty men. Heard it straight out of his wife’s son’s mouth, so it’s gotta be true.”
Cuckrim: “And with that this segment of CCTV is over. Tune in next time for a feature on another victim. I mean coach. Sayonara!”
Cmen: “Fucking weeb.”

I am a FUMBBL admin, my nickname is Easilyabused, but I like to call myself the "Ban Hammer." Really, I am just compensating for my tiny Welsh cock. I got hit by a truck recently and it left me partially retarded. Life sucks now, what is the best way to kill myself?

I like it

What is the most frustrating thing than can happen to you in this game? The thing you hate above all else, thqat make you think about suicide and/or skinning a goat alive

I'll start
>Getting all skulls on a 3d block with no reroll available

Now this is the shit I like to see!

also

>Cuckrim

It really depends on the situation and team. I once saw an enemy pro elf star player (level 5 or so) trip on snake eyes and die. Opponent was very demoralized test of the game.

Join us at the Bottom of the Barrel Battle
Halflings vs. Underworld!

fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=981434

>1700TV Chaos vs 1200TV Underworld and they take you to OT

Anyway, Chaos Warrior with ST5, Tentacles and Block rolled doubles, what shall I bloat him with?

Diving Tackle.

Side Step.

Put the gun in your mouth and aim up. Otherwise you might botch the job.

Lie down in the road and let another truck finish the job.

Leader.

>tfw someone spends 200k in petty cash on a random open game

3 turns in a row of AG3 SureHands pickup fails while there's still time to score.

When teams play like they shouldn't. Super dodgy ag2 pieces. Elves out bashing everything. Stunty teams won't fucking die. Conversely when playing Regen teams and everyone is injured. Big guys put on kid gloves and pushes around the av7 peieces. Butterfinger star ag5 surehanded elf ballcarrier.
It's all hilarious for a few turns but then it becomes maddening

18 out of the last 36 turns i've played ended within the first 2 rolls usually a 2d block or a stunty dodge

I have no idea what i did to piss off nuffle

Fat Rat a bess

Yes, Yes.

thicc

Is the age of Bertha over?

Bertha never had one. Glart is best

Bumperino

Tell me guys, is jumping into a physical blood bowl worth it? I'm thinking about start playing with orks and I bet that buying a 2-player starter set is the most budget-friendly way to do it but what next? Should I also buy The Gouged Eye Box and call it a day or something more is needed to build a playable team?

If you know there is a group or LGS for you where a league or scene is active, absolutely. Of all the types of ways you can play Blood Bowl, in person is absolutely the best.

The starter set in itself is good, but you need two more black orcs and two blitzers to finish off the team for the best lineup.

I would recommend for budget to either put together some spare Orks or Orcs you have, chop off their weapons and add some spiky bits.

The Gouged Eye Box is not a bad investment but you will have a number of extra models you won't need.

In fact and to be honest with you, you could actually make do with just getting the Gouged Eye Box, downloading the rules off the internet (99.99999% of them are identical from last edition, including Orcs) for free and go from there.

>jumping into a physical blood bowl
You first need to aquire 1 000 000 of your local currency. Then you need to go to your local pub and aquire the bravest stupidest and strongest drunkards that you can buy with 1 000 000. Afterwards train your players to the bone if they start to complain execute one of them.

Now after all the preparing you are finally ready to play Blood Bowl with your fresh team.

>2017
>playing pub drunkards

Start with hobos if you like winning.

At least get a couple of cows and some midgets to go with them.

Lads I'm in love

louisesugdenart.tumblr.com

>York Street Vagrants vs Bill's Pub Crawlers

Shame's she's out of yourLEAGUE.

New halfling models when?

Never.

Qt Scottish girl who plays orkz and paints amazing...Jesus I'm in love

So I'm going to my very first tournament next week should I use my chaos chosen, chaos dwarfs of man up and paint and play humans?

Pic related my chaos team

Chaos dworfs
Also I start to play like 3 months ago and few games and with Chaos Chosen because they were my only fully painted team then I build chaos dworfs with mantic dworfs, and some orks for catching some new players with bits of 40k

Solid looking teams. Which team do you like most and which have you performed best with?

So the orcs are what I can recover from my 40k orks the building is deficient but enough for use to make demo games (I didn't get the starter box, I build my team's from the bit box basically) for that reason I don't take them as option for a tournament

I have only play chaos and manage to lose every game.. some times I think that the dark gods are forsaken me, I usually run 2 warriors, 9 beastmen, 3 rerolls, because my opponent is mainly cdworfs so horns is useful

I did the dworfs because I love the mantic centaurs, the orks to have a easy-to-pickup-team for demo games and the humans because humans FUCK YEAH

And I'm planning to paint them like the team from BB comic

Also I really like my chaos team more because I used to play beastmen on WHFB, then humans because I like the way they play (but I just have the starter box team+black scorpion ogre), then cdworfs because I love centaurs and for being flashy yellow, and then orks

Then go with who you love: Chaos. If you really want that minotaur id suggest the 3 warrior build but its tough.

Remember one assist then blitz with mino for 3d block against str3. Check up tactics and strategy. Keeo at it and you will get hang of chaos.

>usually run 2 warriors

user im going to just straight up say that is a bad roster.

Evrn stunty teams with decent luck could stop that team. Nevermind dorfs.

Your best rosters of choice are

>4 warriors
>7 beastmen
> 3 rr

Or

>1 mino
>3 warriors
>7 beastmen
>2 RR

Secopnd is harder to use but adds some muscle.

First is considered the safest and most balanced.

Humans for that sweet Empire flair.

Fed up with the search for decent, affordable lizardmen figures I've bought some second-hand WFB figures.

As you can see from the few in the picture I've rebased them, removed weapons and I've started to smear green stuff upon them in an attempt at making them look sporty.

Man if I owned a tumblr I might even follow that just for the art.

... fifty fifty that and being happy there's a good painter who isn't a neckbeard.

Just use the rss feed.

>that post about wishing to be an Ork with no responsibilities or deadlines

M-moe....

Looking good there. Keep us updated

Damn. Impressive all around

How to master the Wood Elves? It's fun running circles around the enemy and dodging almost every time but god damn it they're made of porcelain. I'm losing players left and right

always dodge away if it's likely you'll succeed, the enemy should only ever get 1 hit on you unless hitting your players will help your plan. (marking the back of a cage or something) if you can't easily dodge a player out then just leave them on the floor. if they leave it marked then you're happy, if they foul it then you're happy because they can get sent off. and against mighty blow pretty much always try and dodge away, because if you trip it doesn't add mighty blow. better than getting punched

Contrary to what another user said, don't dodge too much. If your opponent keeps basing, take some easy 2-die blocks. Dodge away when you can't to set up more blocks, but it's better to knock an opponent down than it is to dodge away. Don't leap unless you can recover the ball afterwards, though a desperation leap can be fine too.

In all seriousness, how did GW get Blood bowl so right? It really is heads and shoulders above all their other games for the quality of its core rules.

Were the early editions bad and it was dramatically fixed, or did they get it right off the bat?

Blood Bowl 1st edition was a completely different beast to the current rules, trying to simulate American Football more realistically. Since 3rd edition (we're now in 7th sort of) the rosters, skills and out-of-match stuff have changed a bit, but the core mechanics have only had minor tweaks really.

Basically Jervis Johnson just treat it as his pet project and GW's Design Studio at the time supported that kind of mentality, with stuff like Fanatic magazine. Now there's a bunch of retard interns who barely get a chance to playtest anything because it's just about selling big plastic kits, but even they couldn't fuck up Blood Bowl, no matter how many "seasons" they split the DLC into or how many £10 card decks they shit out.

And obviously credit to the NAF and the BBRC for not letting the game go stale and die after GW abandoned it, only to come crawling back a decade later.

>snapchat dog face
0/10

Building a human team here.
Does anyone actually use more than two Catchers or Throwers as opposed to maxing out Blitzers or getting an Ogre?

Catchers are cheaper in the newest BB, but I would suggest:
1 Ogre
4 Blitzters
1 Thrower
3 Rerolls
Rest linemen

Logic being that Humans have enough trouble with bashy teams, they don't need a st2 piece when they already have fast blitzers

Well 3rd which is mostly the game as we know it came in 1993. Since it was tweaked and adjusted pretty much only by people who cared for the game and *played* the game. Additionally GW proper essentially stopped caring and fans tweaked the game into a cleaner less crazy game.

Thanks for the tip, m8. I was running the team out of the box plus an ogre, but that does sound like a good setup.

Bump

So Hochland Harbingers
Any advice on the paint scheme, this is the test model, so just base coat and washes for now

Also hope this was a good idea

And back

It's a fun color scheme but i think it's gonna take some time to paint the full team

I like it. My only suggestion would be to add small bits here and there of silver/metal to boots and odd bit of padding. May add a sturdier look to the kit.

Reminder that fumbbl supports browser notifications and email notifications for PMs.

Reminder that most people in this league use the discord to plan their games right now and might be reachable there.

Reminder that we might as well abandon the thread and start anew in the discord.

No point in doing that. Its good to have a place to talk about Blood Bowl and maybe get new players.

The scheme looks promising at this early stage.

You will want a thin black line to delineate the red and green where they meet.

I'd also halve the 'shield' on his back coloured red and green rather than just red. Probably vertical halves like the rest of the model.

Finally, remember to paint the backs of the legs correctly. In addition to the shoes, you've got the strap, pants and socks. See the pic.