Worst LFGS Experiences

Let's hear em Veeky Forums, the absolute worst experience you've had at a store. Inb4 "things that didn't happen".

>Autistic fat fuck at our store wearing leather trench coat and fedora, absolute stereotype made real.
>Grumbling about 8th edition.
>Girlfriend of one of the guys in store sits across from him to sit next to her boyfriend.
>She takes her sandals off under the table.
>Fat fuck starts breathing heavily, staring down between his legs.
>Some of us get worried he's having a heart attack.
>He gets really upset when we try to ask him what's wrong.
>Starts shifting around in his chair alot.
>Suddenly he gets up and goes to the bathroom.
>Girlfriend gets up to leave and says "hey where are my sandals".
>People look around for her sandals for a few minutes.
>Fat fuck is still in the bathroom, keeps making sniffling noises like he's blowing his nose.
>We haven't figured it out yet.
>Gets to the point where she's worried she'll have to walk home barefoot, manager offers her a pair of flip flops he keeps in the storeroom.
>Fat fuck finally leaves bathroom, but doesn't flush.
>Usually he stinks the place out, so when he doesn't even flush we expect a wave of fucking putridity.
>No smell.
>He grabs his stuff and leaves pretty quickly, quickly enough that when we get suspicious he's already gone.
>Manager goes into bathroom and finds a pair of cum-stained sandals.
>Girlfriend retches, goes outside to throw up.

And that's the story of how our local autist got banned from the store. He came back the next day and refused to admit what he had done. Only when the manager threatened to call the cops did he leave and not come back.

dear fucking christ

Can I call bullshit? I'm calling bullshit.

Why do FLGS always have that distinct odour? It's always a very spicy, distinct brand of sweat with a hint of semen.

>inb4 "things that didn't happen"

you can believe whatever you want user, no one gets to decide what you believe but you

Has to be the land of the free

That's the smell of SHAME

I walked into mine once to play Magic and in the space of 10 minutes there were 3 transvestites in the store crooning with slightly gravelly voices. I'd never seen one in my life prior to that.

Quickly it became apparent it was a hangout for weirdos. I heard one woman talking about how she spent her entire last benefits check on pokemon cards and that was it for me. Made every excuse I could and left with half an hour.

I enjoy TGC, DnD and wargames occasionally but I've learned by this point a lot of Game Stores are cesspits. It's not even stereotypical grognards that ruin it but rather the people you never knew existed prior to your attendance.

Often the weirdos get kicked out if they ruin things for the 'regulars' but this store in particular was basically all weirdos.

>Taking your shoes off outside the house.

Fucking disgusting

>Taking your shoes off inside the house
Yuropoor detected.

I'll assume it wasn't actually in belfast, our GW is really as small as in that pic

That's just the first image I grabbed off of google user. I've been to the Belfast store though, it's nice.

Well it's not Portland cause there isn't a bathroom there.

Random question for visitors of GW in California.

If any of you go to the Oakbrook store: what happened to Ray? He was pretty cool.

>Things that never happened, the thread

I used to run a weekly 40k event for kids at my flgs. There was this one guy who kept coming in who was older than me (I was 18 at the time). He fit into a lot of the gamer stereotypes. This one time he insisted that he would play the angry marines rules from 1d4 chan. I don't know why he kept showing up but I guess he had nowhere better to be on a Friday. A lot of the kids would make fun of him too. It was a bad experience for me because it was kind of sad.

You can't inb4 your own post

I love the thought of three people talking and enjoying each other's company and you eavesdropping, fuming in an autistic fit while looking at your tiny plastic dudes

Yes we can.

>plastic dudes
>"to play Magic"

>In before X can only be used as the first reply to a thread or comment, and only if that thread or comment is bait: that is, there is a near 100% chance that someone else will reply to the OP using a particular meme, flame, or solution. Saying “in before X”, where X is the anticipated response in question (or a variation thereof), under any other circumstances is wrong.

My mistake
>cardboard pictures

I bet he uses lolicon sleeves too.

user, the reason you didn't see the stereotypical grognard is probably because you're the stereotypical grognard

>be at games workshop, 3 weeks before 8th edition
>me and my buddy using an ipad to read leaked pdf of 8th edition codex and rules
>playing 8th edition 20 days before launch
>red shirt notices 2 hours into it--scolds us, kicks us out, and bans us.

wow

get banned for playing 8th while 7th is out

get banned for playing 7th while 8th is out

also what are you retarded? why would you go in store to do that

More sperg gw stories. I never go into those cringe stores. Always sone hoverbot shilling overpriced shit.

Not really bad, but every one of my opponents have easily been 30+ years older. And this is from 20 year old guy living in the greater San Antonio area, which has a expansive wargaming scene. Yet there are little to no Wargamers in my age range.

My last LGS was owned by a 9ft tall fat fuck who gave birth to a 8ft tall baby-faced fuck who would insult me whenever I'd buy something.

Just me though, couldn't figure it out. so I found another shop. Turns out shops don't normally charge $3 for Friday Night Magic and that all the old shop's prices were 5% higher than they normally retail for.

Hey, if you want to comply before meme rules, more power to you.

The real problem here was they went to a Games Workshop.

It's literally worse to play GW games in a GW store.

Really makes you think.

Its the MTG players. I have several stores in my area, and that BO and dried puke smell follows friday night magic like night follows day.

Man when I was like 13-15 I use to bike down to our local gameshop every weekend and saw TONS of weird shit go down. I never thought much of it as a kid, but as an adult, jaysus people can be fucked.

> Watch two legit fat neckbeards get into fisty cuffs over, I kid you not, a lawnmower. They fell onto one of the wartables and busted a bunch of my ultrasmurfs (i was a kid and wanted the guys the same color as they were on the box)

> Fat guy smells SOO BAD, they made him a necklace (it was more like a wreath) of car fresheners that he had to don the moment he walked in

> Someone gets mad at Sisters of Battle player, runs outside, falls over and then barfs seconds later after hitting pavement.

> We had 10 computers hooked up with good ol CS 1.5. Find out later that people were using the computers to sell their urine online.

Sadly the store went bankrupt after the owner took a bunch of money and ran.

But besides the shit that went down, I had some of the best times as a kid there.

>ever going to GW stores under any circumstances
I mean, I enjoy 40k just as much as the next guy, but that doesn't mean I hate myself enough to actually set foot into a GW store

You know, I'm actually gonna say this actually happened... for one line and one line only:

>Gets to the point where she's worried she'll have to walk home barefoot, manager offers her a pair of flip flops he keeps in the storeroom.

If this was fabricated there wouldn't have been a solution to her problem provided by the manager, just that her sandals got taken away, since that's all these fabricated stories usually focus on: the problem, the cringe.

Wasnt a GW store. It was a large comic book store.

>a store so bad it chased off a MAGICFAG

holy shit

> We had 10 computers hooked up with good ol CS 1.5. Find out later that people were using the computers to sell their urine online.

>Using the computers to sell their urine online.

WHAT?!

Mine smells like marshmallows.
And there's been two others with weird smells, one used to be a gun store and it was all wood so it smelled of hunting lodge, musk and guts included. The other was run by an /x/ hippies who kept lighting cinnamon incense because he was afraid of mimics.

It's the same stink drug addicts have, really. The smell of a person whose particular monkey is so much in control that their body is dying around them. Pathetic.

I think people use it to pass drug tests and shit

>> Someone gets mad at Sisters of Battle player, runs outside, falls over and then barfs seconds later after hitting pavement.

Both of those seem like they'd be interesting places.

Know how I know this isn't real?

Nobody plays sisters of battle.

They were selling it to athletes / anyone that had to pass a drug test

So basically:
>Buys expensive 40k models.
>Tries out leaked 8th edition rules.
>Guy kicks you out instead of asking if you want him to hold a copy of the 8th edition rules when it comes out and tries to sell you the new Space Marines when they come out.

That red shirt is retarded for banning a potential customer.

That's legal, isn't it?

Not their problem what some drug addicted loser does with their piss.

Well I think this was at a time where there wasnt real regulation on urine selling. But now we have a bunch of acts and regulation regarding selling human fluids here in Canada, so its illegal now.

I have one.
(1/2)
>be me 14 years ago
>want to get my little brother into 40k
>write up two army lists, one for my orks, one for my guard, because he seems to like guard
>I'm really hoping he'll enjoy this so we can play, paint, and talk shop about army lists together
>take him to LGS to play his first ever game of 40k
>LGS is not a bad place, a little small at the time, but clean place, friendly staff, and great tables/terrain
>take my brother into one of the smaller side rooms with a table and terrain for mini wargames
>room has a door and I close it so we don't have to listen to the MtG players gibbering at each other in the big room
>set up our armies and start playing
>I'm walking him through the game, explaining each step as we go along, the typical stuff
>he seems to be enjoying himself, having fun, even a few laughs
>at one point he managed to hit one of my big mobs with 4 perfectly positioned flamers, one-shotting it
>we were both genuinely having a good time
>suddenly the door knob turns

>Canada
Well there's your problem.

(2/2)
>the door creaks open to reveal the most disgusting human being I have ever laid eyes on in my entire life
>matted, greasy hair, patchy neckbeard, pock-marked skin, crusty mouth, fingers stained with some kind of snack food flavor dust, wearing a ratty, food-stained hoodie, and so fat that even his eye lids were fat rolls
>think nothing of it at first, it wasn't unusual for someone to want to sneak a peek and watch your game at our LGS
>a couple seconds later, the smell that followed him into the room hit us
>the most fetid fucking disgusting rotten cheeseball fucking dead animal smelling fucking ancient mayo smelling ass stench that has ever existed punches us both in the face
>literally weapons grade levels of body odor, the likes of which I had never encountered before, and would never experience again
>smell is so unbearable that my face turned red, my eyes started to water, and I immediately felt like I was going to wretch
>my brother was looking at me with a pure, innocent kind of horror, like he had just lost the part of himself that still believed in Santa Claus
>this fat sack of human fucking garbage is hovering over the table, apparently completely unaware of the effects of his inhuman stink
>he surveyed the tabletop with his disgusting subhuman little eyes peering out from under the fat flaps on top of them
>he raised his stinking ham ball of a head and turned it towards me
>the creature split open its soda-stained lips to speak
>even his voice sounded fat as the spittle-flecked words groaned forth from the monster's gaping maw
>"My Shpashe Marinesh could totally poon your Orksh."
My brother ended up not getting into 40k.

what happened next

The one I work in has a distinct smell of BO and weed usually when cfv & ygo players are in.

Nobody acts like an asshole or an autist at my LGS but we have a collection of physically weird people.
>7 foot guy wit hair and beard so long and thick he looks like a lion-man thing.
>Ballet/folk dancer who's super lean and ripped and of course goes to play magic in tank tops to make other guys feel self-conscious
>All-leather wearing guy who never takes his sunglasses off because he has permanently bloodshot eyes
>Guy who has his left arm tattooed to look like a robotic arm and refuses to play affinity.
>Guy who dresses like a pirate, not in costume, but normal contemporary clothes that look pirate-like.
>Guy into body mods who has a split tongue and wears all black contacts.
>The most stereotypical cholo ever.
>Guy with vitiligo around mouth/neck that makes him look like a dachshund
And these are not teens, the youngest person at the store is 23. They're mostly just old punks.

My theory why game stores are filled with weirdos, total autists and insufferable people is that because normal people are allowed to freely associate with whomever they want, they don't let these people play with them; instead these rejects go to the only place that won't/can't ostracize them, the game store. Sadly this also means they never learn HOW to behave in a relatively normal fashion because the people they spend their time talking to are either a) fuckups like themselves or b) literally paid not to be rude to them.

GW employee here, in my store he would most likely be fired and the guys who played 8e with leaked rules would have been told to stop

Eat shit leech. Or a bullet.

They look like a fun bunch of people. Are they good guys?

Heh,I always find it funny when someone says something like "deterraform" but if I saying you know exactly what it means.

The point of language is to convey concepts and ideas, and every word had a "first ever" use where before that it meant nothing but noise.

I really think this is an american problem. Here in spain I haven´t ever seen an autistic weirdo in a FLGs but once, and everyone in the store, including staff, were so shocked from the experience that was our principal theme of conversations for weeks to follow

>me and my mates go to GW
>one brought his gf for the first time
>as we enter we see a bunch of actual autistical kids playing a game with their badly painted miniatures
>screeching and shouting warhammer battle cries
>redshirt actually has to tell them to shut up when they keep interupting our conversation
>I try not to laugh but also feel shame at my friend's gf just seeing autistic kids screeching the first time she's at GW

Fuck parents that dump their kids at GW.

Most stores have a disclaimer on the wall that says "We're not responsible for your kids" now right?

Take advantage of that. If people are being dicks, be dicks to them. plastic glue in model case meme

>run by an /x/ hippies who kept lighting cinnamon incense because he was afraid of mimics
Sounds like a perfectly sensible precaution. You can never be too safe.

>played against this guy who was obviously having a bad time
>Says he lost his first two games to bullshit
>i try to keep the mood light, say yea my games were rough too (even though I only lost one and he got paired up)
>game proceeds, last match
>I play a burn with swiftspear on the field, that would win it, he reacts with his own burn that would kill the swiftspear, i react again with another burn, pushing it out of burn range. Following the way the stack works mine would go off fist and I'd win
>this was apparently the last straw for this guy
>he goes ballistic, saying that I missed the prowess trigger from my first burn
>call a judge over, judge says it doesn't matter the trigger would happen regardless of if i called it out or not
>he can't handle it, throws all his shit in a bag and angrily stomps out mumbling about fucking cheaters and biased judges
The owners of the store were pretty cool, apologized for the ordeal and gave me the win. the store is normally pretty chill, just this guy was having a bad day for some reason.

Did the fat fuck have to pay you for the minis he crushed? Those things are expensive by adult standards, by kid standards they are worth a fortune.

>he sleeps in his shoes

This sounds great actually.

If everyone isn't a dick you can meet some strange but good people.

My store is small but nice. Worst I've ever had to put up with was one guy infodumping to me about the Starfleet Battles game for about 45 minutes, but I could tell he was really hoping I'd get into it so he'd have someone to play it with.

I actually pulled off the Rootwallas trick once, and the dude actually flipped the table. While he was picking up his cards he tried to pick up some of mine and pretend they were his (I had dark red slip cases, pretty obvious they were mine). Judge sees him do this and physically drags him out, screeching, his cards left behind on the floor. He was left outside, the door was locked so he couldn't get back in, and he was told he could come back tomorrow to collect his shit.

This is when I started to feel bad for the guy. A lot of people had to drive or get the train into town for this, and he probably had no where to stay. On top of that, the Judge was absolutely sick of his shit, apparently he had been a complete dick all day, so when the Judge was picking his cards up (the guy didn't have slips) he made no effort to avoid standing on his cards, but made great effort not to stand on mine.

Then I stopped feeling bad for the guy when he kicked the fucking door to the building in, broke a window to get into the actual hall, and was tackled to the ground when he tried to physically kick someone out of a chair so he could "keep playing" with his tiny little autist legs.

The shit you see man. Some people take the game way too seriously. The Judge took the guys cards and dropped them into a puddle outside while the guy clung to his arm screeching and trying to get him to stop.

This can´t have happened. Man, that´s so bizarre.

I kinda feel for the guy, he acted like a total shithead, but there's few things more frustrating than losing over and over. Some irrational part of your brain just keeps telling you that there's no chance of this happening legitimately.

One of the good owners sat down and helped me glue the broken minis together. Anything that was really smashed he replaced out of his own collection.

Not at mine, sucka. That's just not a good store manager.

>"That Guy"
>Classic/stereotypical neckbeard who wears Donald Trump and pepe shirts
>Has a SS-themed imperial guard covered with swaztikas and everything
>All he does is arrive, set up his nazi army, then sits in front of it excitedly with 1 leg shaking up and down
>Clearly wants someone to say something
>If anyone does say something he flips out and talks about his right to free speech and goes on an "acthually" rant about how not all germans were evil
>Will ranta bout bizarre things for hours on end to anyone who's there, even if they're clearly not listening. I've gotten a 30 minute earfull about the byzantine empire with some obviously BS claims like some emperor was a wizard who was assassinated by the pope on order of the jews
>I go to the bathroom and he's still yelling about the Byzantines through the door
>If he's winning he'll unironically yell "praise kek" and "oi vey!"
>On the more often occasion where he's losing, he gets incredibly flustered during games to the points to the point of throwing his own models on the floor
>One time he got so mad he tried to flip the table and ended up throwing a bunch of terrain pieces on the floor
>Owner keeps having to take him outside to calm him down and talk to him about not throwing a fit
>Turns out he's related to the owner and is forced to keep him around the store as familial obligation
>Owner quietly says he has "undiagnosed autism" and a learning disability
>Still, nobody feels bad for him

So...average /pol/ user?

Shit that never happened.

autismal holocaust when

Assmad tranny detected

>7 foot guy wit hair and beard so long and thick he looks like a lion-man thing.
I think every store has one of these.

Mine smells of pine because the owner has stuck those 'pine fresh' car air fresheners everywhere. It's apparently cheaper and easier than spraying air freshener every half hour or using one of the ones that go in an electrical socket.

yknow I've been in his situation before, it sucks, but you either grin and bear it or just leave when you know you're getting too angry. I kinda force myself to give my opponent the good game handshake even if i'm salty. We usually banter about game decisions and I can learn something from the experience. idk just two ways of looking at it.

This is literally the most shit that never happened story I've ever read.

Nah, I'm not saying his way of dealing with it is in any way acceptable, because it totally isn't, I just can see why he'd react that way. He's thinking like the Riddler, basically: In his mind the probability of successive failure was practically zero, so you MUST have cheated to win, somehow.

you'd have to have some ego to think that the chance of losing all your matches is zero. I see your point though. Can't help crazy I guess.

>rules didn't leak untill 1.5 weeks before release, after all the books where already readable in the store

>At a GWS playing WH fantasy with some randoms for the first time.
>Some 17yo regular who always played fantasy as well but always said "I'm teh best player here and no one can beat mah epic chaos army"
>He always went after new players or players who were shit.
>Comes up to my table and started saying crap with cocky egotistic voice "Eh, you're new here." "Your lizard men are all over the place." "You cast what spell?"
>Would not leave and after I finished my game he challenged me and before I said yet he started to set up his army.
>Friend plays chaos so I know how to deal with them.
>we play a 2000 point army, but it's small (small that a normal chaos army), All chaos knights with a bloodthirster.
>Told him that's not a legal army, but he said in a snide voice "We're just playing for fun."
>At this point we had a few people watching us.
>I changed a bit and added more skinks.
>Charges me with his BT and with my reaction shots with all my skins I kill it.
>He just stands there, trying compress what just happened. Then he spends 30mins to bitch that I was chatting, to I got rules wrong to lizardmen are OP.
>people kept telling him that this was all legal and started to laugh at him.
>I end up winning with few losses and he leaves the store.
>Even to this day, he stares at me saying I cheated and there was I could have won. It's been over 7 years now.

>he's never met the kind of fags that paint their IG like nazis and do it unironically AND think they are being totally clever and original

Oh you poor sweet summer child

things that never happened.

I never believed stories like this one until I met some like the guy in the story.

I'll never understand what goes trough some people's mind when playing a fucking game

You spoke too soon
See

Yea, but it's not quite what I mean. Imagine if you're flipping a coin. You get tails, when you wanted heads. So you flip again, and get tails again. You continue repeating this until you get tails a ridiculous number of times, and think, "Okay, there's no way, at all, that it can come up tails again." And you flip, and get tails. Probability does not work that way, but part of your brain simply doesn't understand that. That's the part that most people learn to ignore, because it's part of being a mature adult. But even mature adults fuck up sometimes, and when you're frustrated from losing over and over, you begin to think there must be something wrong with what you're doing.

A sane person would think, "I must be flipping the coin wrong, or maybe the coin is weighted towards Tails." But Edward Nigma over there thinks, "SOMEONE HAS CHEATED SOMEHOW". The issue is, there's a little Riddler in all of us, and sometimes he speaks up louder than the non-stupid part of you. That's what I was getting at. Expounding on your "He was probably just having a bad day" statement.

>Be 12
>playing my bretonnian army because its fun
>playing against autist trench coat wearing that guy
>he's making up rules
>but he's older so i just follow him
>eventually get tired of his bullshit and point it out
>he pulls a knife on me
>to win a game of warhammer fantasy
>against a 12 year old
>in some flgs basement
>I just let him win.
>pack up and go
>turns out he eventually moved away and got arrested.

good times

I also played a kill team match against him when learning the rules to 40k, he gave me 10 guardsmen to fight 10 chaos marines. this was before the above incident.

My old shop actually kicked one of these fucks out. After that the owner added a "No Nazi imagery outside historical games" rule.

It was 5th Edition 40k, so no one was really sad to see the back of yet another guard player

>All-leather wearing guy who never takes his sunglasses off because he has permanently bloodshot eyes

I know some one like that, Turns out their body can't produce tears. So that's why he's always wearing sunglasses.

I guess he also has a rule against communist imagery as well?

Not any really bad experiences, except....Midnight release for 8th. I get in line behind a big (tall and fat) guy. His smell is incredibly strong. He smells like someone who plays a sport, but he clearly does not play sport. He did offer to give me his new 8th ed rule book since, he was buying two starter sets, so that was a plus.

Oh there is an autist that follows employees around like a puppy, he stabbed his Dad apparently. And a freakishly tall guy with blonde hair (the same color of his skin), that has a ratty mullet and stands incredibly close to your face when talking.

Fuck off, /pol/.

Rules like that are only created in response to a problem, and no one there was trying to paint hammer and sickles on their 40k stuff.

Why do you hate valhallans?