Why am I not a playable race in your campaign? Justify yourself Veeky Forums

Why am I not a playable race in your campaign? Justify yourself Veeky Forums.

to smol

Because we are not playing 4e anymore :'(

2lewd

>Why am I not a playable race in your campaign?

Fairies are too small to play; unless it is a "tiny race" campaign with borrowers, brownies, sprites, pixies, etc..

>Justify yourself Veeky Forums.

Fairies are also flagrant, unapologetic, aggressive, reverse-rapist (in that they force you to put your thing in them), pedophiles.

Making elves a player race sucked out any feeling of them being strange, mysterious, foreign, or outsider, so I need the fae around as an npc race to fill that gap.

Fairies are normally-intangible/invisible spirits with supernatural abilities and I'm not sure how manageable that can be alongside human heroes even in GURPS.

>Why am I not a playable race in your campaign?
Oh, but you are!

Everyone who has ever played a fairy has played it as an annoying piece of shit. They're like gnomes or kender without any pretense to allow them in the first place
Also I think a lot of their abilities don't suit what I'd like players to be capable of right off the bat

My players aren't women, gay, etc...
My players aren't trying to be special snowflakes.
My players aren't interested in macro/micro fetishes.
I dislike fairies.

But you are?

I've been putting together a campaign that is not unlike a schizophrenic cross of Pikmin, Mouse Guard, and The Borrowers. I'm running too many games to do it at the moment, but it'll be there for the future.

It's a post-post apocalyptic world with only humans.

We're playing Only War. A creature like that is an unsanctioned mutant at best. At worst it is a thing of the warp and in either case, it must be purged.

I think a pixie companion would be a neat power for a PC. Give the pixie a limited range of action and a friendship stat to ward against putting it through unnecessary danger or humiliation.

bottle mermaids fill the niche

Give that fish a tank

This is sad
and too cute to be so sad

Because my players would describe things they'd do to you that would haunt me for the rest of the night. "So we'd start by skull fucking her eyes out" and then it would get bad.

But you are. Hell, there are two pixie players.

One of the players even took the young option to be a miniature sized pixie.

Because all OPs are homosexual and thus will never reproduce by any means other than magic. Good thing they become wizards at age 30.

Its hard to balance it really.
Because fairies would have to be entirely magic based in order for them to stand on equal ground with a normal player at the start of the game they'd get a huge boost to their magic, one which puts them far above normal magic characters.

What part of fantasy role playing game doesn't Veeky Forums understand?

Because I don't believe in fairies.

my current character is a harpy in Pathfinder, usually they arent playable either, just ask your GM and maybe he will allow you to play her

Unfortunately anything that isn't basically human sized and shaped is to much for most fantasy fans.

Because it's soft science fiction in a sort of Star Trek vein, Earth born/descended humans only.