/mtghumor/

ITT: post mtg humor

Anything Magic: The Gathering related that makes you laugh.

This just happened a couple minutes ago

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/bear-force-one/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parity_of_zero
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I got a few jokes haha:

>the gatewatch
>mtg lore
>amonkhet power level
>wotc playtesting

>playtesting

Legacy
sneak and show

opponent thoughtseizes me. takes show and tell

surgicals show and tell

asks me if I ran 4.

Same night. proxies allowed. guy has a piece of paper with tropical island written on it for 2 copies. using the front of two differnt cards

one guy goes nice proxies. another goes yea i love the alternate card art you have.

You forgot a couple:
>anyone who plays anything other than casual with friends using proxies
>mtg in general

Fukking LOL

Old favorite

I don't get it

Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker is now a Artifact Planeswalker - Equipment Bolas thanks to Mycosynth Lattice granting Artifact typing and Bludgeon Brawl granting Equipment typing to the now Artifact Planeswalker. OG Bolas is then equipped with his planeswalker counterpart. Legendary rule only cares about exact name. Planeswalker rule only cares about Planeswalker Subtypte, so they are allowed to coexist. Mechanically speaking, both permanents are two very different things and nothing is really odd, but flavor-wise Bolas physically beating people with himself is quite absurd.

>"Emmara, we need to...shit, I forgot"

Pretty much the RtR novels in a nutshell.

Ohh, thanks user. This setup can be hilarious on other walkers

That's too fucking broken, why can't mtg make cheap cards as balanced as delver?

requesting r34 on this

On what, Jace repeatedly getting his ass dumped? Because that's what happens. To the point where he erases the memory of him asking her out in the first place.

I remember there were more tokens like this.

Those are some weak-ass bears.

This cracking me up always.

Don't forget my favourite.

>"After Amonkhet sets will have better answer cards."

Still cracks me up.

>spiders
>"insectile"

I would legit use a wide array of bear related pun tokens if 2/2 bears could be made by any good cards.

Judges aren't players.

multiverseid=1488

hmmmm...

We seriously need an Ursine Race in an MTG set so we can finally make Bear Tribal a thing.

And you're already in green so you can start your list off with 4 Collect Company too!

...aaaand a classic flavor win.

>unintelligible beatboxing

That last one always cracks me up.

>bottom left
classy

Neither are the playtesters

You have just to sit down and be amazed at how much effort it is put on shitposting of this quality.

"Insectile" literally means "like an insect" and I would say that spiders are similar to insects

I don't get the first story.

>that handwriting.

My handwriting is far from the pinnacle of penmanship, but was that guy writing with his fucking toes?

Looks pretty average to me, guy. I'm more curious as to why he didn't just type it down or simply take a picture of the deck.

"Doea a deck entirely based around using this card, that wins by using this card as soon as possible, run four of this card?"

How is he supposed to know that when he's clearly never played the guy before? There's nothing wrong in asking. Not everyone who runs Show and Tell exclusively builds around it.

In a Legacy tournament, I would assume that yes, if someone is running maindeck Show and Tell, they're running a deck exclusively around Show and Tell, because it's Legacy and a tournament. You don't play a card like that in such a format unless it's going to win you the game, and it's not going to win you the game unless you build around it by ensuring you've got the best shit to Show and Tell out, so that the opponent is fucked no matter what they pull out.
I don't even play competitively and know that much.

Nowhere on that post says that he was in a tournament or even in a competitive environment. What is this the modern thread now?

This is never not funny

Lol Saved

You can't share your decklists unless you take a sideways phone picture of them written in your own handwriting on notebook paper and upload them all separately. It's the rule.

I have a bunch of joke cards. Some of these are deliberate jokes, some I'm pretty sure are way-off-mark attemps at making "real" custom cards, and some of these I don't even know.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/bear-force-one/

I'm convinced this is a "real" attempt at making a card

I made this one. Not butthurt or anything.

Made this one after the creature with the "Zero is even." reminder text was fist spoiled

I think these are funny but I'm drunk.

>I, Cato Sicarius

Most of those should be 'Development' rather than Maro.

That 'Zero is even' shit triggers the shit out of me because Zero is most certainly not even.

I don't understand the 'creatures' buttmadness. Creatures aren't the problem. If they were, we'd have actual aggro decks in Standard.

Unless you're talking about something related to the card, Zero is even. An even number is, by definition, an integer that's the result of multiplication between whatever integer and 2. Zero fulfills this by being the result of 2 x 0

I've been looking for this card. Thanks!

Zero is not even but for the sake of simplicity, it is even in the context of Void Winnower

Zero is even nerd.

further reading
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parity_of_zero

Playable in edh

Those need art

I remembering kekking for a good 25 minutes when I first saw this card. I dont know why it was so funny to me.

The trick is he cast surgical extraction on show and tell, and then presumably asked later how many he had.