Everyone in your setting commonly called 'lord' is now a 9th level fighter

>Everyone in your setting commonly called 'lord' is now a 9th level fighter
What changes?

The nobility become notably weaker.

>Every Demon Lord of the Abyss now has 9 levels in fighter.

My setting is mostly bureaucratic empire and the only 'Lords' are ruling clan - but their rule is backed by their political might and legitimacy, not strength of their arms. There probably wouldn't be any significant change.

Miions of bards are now able to back up their claims of stamina and might, but are in debt for all of the gear they have to replace.
Many will also never level up again due to getting 9 extra levels in a non-bard class that's effectively useless for them/getting them into an adventuring party.

My magocracy is about to have a purge and ban the word 'Lord'

But he's already an epic-level Ranger. Why would he need fighter levels?

>Everyone in your magogracy now has magic-user levels in accordance to what title they're most commonly known as
What changes?

They're all typically known as necromancers so most of them would get a pretty good buff.

Absolutely nothing.

>Superhero
Gets me every time

Still not the best Gygaxian slip though.
My players still laugh at this one.

What about Lady?

"Croodles" does crack me up. It sounds like either a great pet name or something vaguely weird and sexual

It's an old fucking word from Chaucarian Middle English that can either mean:
>Sneak around someone in a non-threatening way
Or
>The way you move around someone while cuddling/fondling
Only a master grognard would even know what it means, let alone use it in any sort of serious manner.

Needless to say, in a one-shot, I played Scooter, the Canoodling Croodler, a human thief and manwhore extraordiaire.

>Scooter, the Canoodling Croodler, a human thief and manwhore extraordiaire.

Nobles now have even more of a reason to rule

11th level rogue

All the lords gain 9 levels of fighter or stay the same. Either way more hd.

Do you have storytime for this one-shot character?
Because I would love some storytime, if anything interesting happened.

Nothing, because having 9 levels of anything has no impact in our system, mechanical or otherwise.

Nah, on my phone and have nothing pre-written, but I can give a quick TL:DR

>AD&D
>Oneshot was a classic fantasy ripoff of Two Mules for Sister Sarah
>We were instructed to guide a nun to a monestary via carriage
>Scooter was a fugitive on the run who just happened to find the carriage on the road and was convinced to assist.
>Played him like a horrible cross between Inigo Montoya and Sexual-lobster's Fernando.
>Throughout the campaign, I had used my seductive powers to aquire and trade various titles, positions, and fancy items.
>Ended the campaign as a newly minted Commodore, the Nun-Revolutionary serving her due time, and the party set up for life.
>All through the power of sheer will, raw sexual energy, and stealing any loose nails I could find.

>a peasant is commonly teased as a "shitlord" by lvl 3 guards
>suddenly becomes a lvl 9 fighter
>Pumped Up Kicks starts playing

Nothing because they were already badass in some way. You don't become any kind of governorship in a world of heroes and monsters without having been a bad enough dude In your youth then retiring

>Oneshot was a classic fantasy ripoff of Two Mules for Sister Sarah
[frames]Vince Mcmahon looks up in interest[frames]
>Played him like a horrible cross between Inigo Montoya
[frames]Vince Mcmahon nods in approval[frames]
> and Sexual-lobster's Fernando.
[frames]Vince Mcmahon looks around in delight[frames]
>Throughout the campaign, I had used my seductive powers to aquire and trade various titles, positions, and fancy items.
>All through the power of sheer will, raw sexual energy, and stealing any loose nails I could find.
[pic related]

That's fucking incredible.
ALL THE OTHER GUARDS WITH THEIR PUMPED UP BOOTS BETTER RUN, BETTER RUN, FASTER THAN MY PUNCHES

The Free Cities suddenly dominate the north as their neighboring kingdoms and empire collapse into anarchy, the vast majority of the power of its nobility crumbling to dust.

The moral of this story is that capitalism always wins.

You think the owners of the Lord Souls minus the Pygmy were only level 9?

That's some good shit, sir.

>>Everyone irl commonly called 'lord' is now a 9th level fighter
What happens?