So how old are you guys?

So how old are you guys?

Who is the oldest oldfag here? (36 here)

I'm 27. Curious if other anons lost all hope in their mid-late 20s, because it's felt quite sudden for me.

Well I never had any, so can't help you there

24, but been on Veeky Forums since I was 15

21, I'm on the younger end here.

I got lucky and got a GF that assembles and paints my minis with me

I have you beat by 1 year.

I'm 19.

You and me both brother.

Whats with the weird cuckoldry thing in this comic?

Like if it said "this is my son..." amd the kid wasn't black, wouldnt the same point have been communicated?

Rolled 37 (1d40)

Rolling for age.

It's a /pol/ edit of the original, because /pol/tards can't keep their opinions to themselves.

>I have you beat by 1 year.
I have you tied by 1 year.

19, from 2015

>Curious if other anons lost all hope in their mid-late 20s
How the fuck did you hold on to hope that long?

As am I.

I lost hope in my mid-teens and got it back when I turned 19, now I'm a university graduate with a job lined up.

Don't lose faith user, find God or something it does wonders.

>when I turned 19

What it was a great time, turned my attitude around I've been doing great for years now.

I'm 27 as well and I too have lost all hope. It's nice to see that there are fa/tg/uys older than me, but all of them are probably better socially adjusted.

I've given up and accepted that I'm just not a people person. If this were the Middle Ages, I'd probably be a monk or a hermit. Spending all day in a cozy cabin, only leaving to do grocery shopping at the local city market, and burning through your days drawing dank snail memes as commentary to historical events sounds cozy.

I'm 25
I still have hope that I will become a writer. Maybe it's foolish but I'm gonna try

28 here. Got the job and the wife and the house and all the good things in life, but seeing my friends flounder around in crappy deadend jobs (if they have jobs at all) and yet spend more on gaming than I do is really making me lose hope. I want to spend more on gaming, but I feel like I'd be encouraging them to spend that much just to hang out with me and it sucks.

We were all supposed to make it...

Just turned 19 as well, but I'm still far from inspired. At least I'm finally starting to see a therapist for some shit that's been going on for a few years now, so here's hoping that I find that spark and get back into the school game even after my university kicked my ass out and loaded me with debt.

Lost all hope of what?

28, married, good international career. Wish I could just hang out with my buddies from back in the day and play all those games we never got to play.

OP only asked your age.

But then everyone else started getting maudlin.

And you think "I'm not like that" will help?

Normie scum, reeee, etc

30 here, I came pretty close to losing hope while floundering around in graduate studies, but I managed to get out and find a decent, respectable career.

Now I just need to figure out how and where grown men find women, I'm confident I could make the rest work after that.

Just laugh user. I'm in your same boat (just I'm 26). Truth is not everyone gets a happy ending.

Rolled 22 (1d100)

ill try to beat you

rolling for age

19, /b/tard since 06, came here around 15

That isn't his skin color, it's paint. Kid has an army to finish.

My 18th birthday was last week

42 here. Been here for 11-12 years, I think.

Got the whole career/house/wife/kids thing, but now I just want to game with my buds like in high school.

But they're all too busy.

Cuck nerds should be reminded about how shitty their life is

>Too busy for fun stuff
Really makes me wonder whether avoiding the whole career/wife/kids trifecta (especially the latter two) really makes one a "loser" or not.

You're married, you can speak from experience: what do you get in return for sacrificing everything you've ever enjoyed? Aren't you afraid of your wife taking all of those gains away on a whim through divorce, meaning you've sacrificed everything for nothing? I can see why it drives so many men to suicide.

22 in july, the last few years feel like they have moved so fast...the woman I gave my heart to for 3 years dumped me just before graduation. But I whined about that enough on Veeky Forums.

Been doing tg related stuff for over a decade, found 1d4chan in 2007 and it spirals from there. On the bright side, while the last 3 years now seem like a torturous, wasteful blur, my painting skills have greatly improved and I have finally started to enjoy it

>o-only took a decade

I miss the 80s playing dnd and GW games in our basement with my friends.

Much simpler times.

Much better games.

Space Hulk was the best GW game of all times

23, just graduated college in May. Still don't have a job, still don't have a girlfriend, still got depression, gonna have to find a new place to live soon. Tg stuff is one of the fee things that gets me out of bed in the morning.

amen brother, amen

>what do you get in return for sacrificing everything you've ever enjoyed?
You get love, companionship, family, adventures, the wonder of teaching a child how to do fun things, lots of stuff. Plus sex with the wife on a regular basis is good too. And you don't "sacrifice everything". You can have family and gaming both, I just don't have gaming at this particular time.

It's not a binary choice; ideally you get all of the above.

41 here. Veeky Forums has quite a few older anons that post. Veeky Forums tends to skew towards 20s to early 30s but some boards have a lot of older posters. I know /m/ has a bunch of late 30s+ posters too.

I think it has to do with the subject matter. Both are things that really had golden ages during the late 80s early 90s so those that were young then tend to undulge them.

I'm 28. I had to think about it for a second though.

what are these hopes you speak of?

Rolled 25 (1d100)

rollan

I don't quite have my shit together but I do have a stable job that pays the rent. I'm still overweight and haven't hit the gym like I know I should. Haven't stopped eating like shit yet either. But I'm not loaded down by cunt spouses, babies, and student loan debts like the people I'm surrounded by at work

24, been coming here for about 7 years, Veeky Forums in general for about 13 years. I agree with user who said he'd be a monk in the middle ages, fuck people.

18, I'm surprised at how old people are here as for the whole losing hope thing I'm too young, plus my life has been both worse and better than it is now, so I'm hopeful

And me, as well.

I'm 30 and a family law attorney. I haven't really lost hope for myself, but I've generally found most other people to be devoid of merit.

Jesus fuck, I'm 26 yr old you. How many do we lose?

23, married and throw garbage for a living, but generally pretty content with everything.

People who play Veeky Forums stuff usually play it for a lifetime, this is one of the more niche boards. If questers posted in this thread the average would be around or under 18 though.

I never had hope. At least not since I was very young. I think it's because I came from a shitty home.

3 years away from wizarddom here.

I'd say "At least I have a decent job", but I actually prefer the neetlife and am only still doing it because lolbills.

Going back to school to try to do something different and see if I enjoy that more, but I really suspect that it won't change anything.

Do you at least have a group of friends to play traditional games with? I've always considered Veeky Forums to be one of the more social boards because you usually have to play with other people

Me too.

I'm old enough that I got past the drinking age to not care while not old enough to count the unknown days until my demise.

I do, and I am actually going to see them to play some board games today.

But that's basically an exception because we can basically never get together to do shit cause they all seem to be busy with other shit.

I think part of the issue is that this is the same group of friends I have had since highschool, and since then it has become a secondary group of friends for pretty much every one else as they made new friends through work and college and generally not having awful social skills like I do.

>not raising a son to play 40k with

You claim to have been on Veeky Forums since 7?

I'm not sure which possibility is more fucked up; that you're so edgy that you'd lie about being on "muh sekret club" since before "girls have cooties" wore off or that you're telling the truth and have been so inherently fucked up that /b/ would appeal to you at such a young age and for so long.

Also, Jesus Christ 2006 /b/. Those were some fucking dark times.

25, been on Veeky Forums for about 8 or 9 years. Mostly lurking.

Still studying in uni, I lost a lot of time and some good people being an egocentric asshat, but that's what you get when you grow up mostly alone.
I can relate to this "losing hope" stuff you are talking about, I think. Letting apathy take a hold of yourself is just so easy.
I feel like I'm getting my shit together, though. Shaking myself into action is gradually becoming easier, and I have learned some good things from my mistakes.

Single right now. There's this girl I could call for sex, but after doing it a couple of times I lost all interest. I'd rather be in a relationship, I miss that human warmth.

I have a lot of good friends, and that's something I couldn't be happier about. Most of them are into rpgs too, I'm not in a group right now but in a month or so I'll grab some of them and start GMing something. Gotta deal with my exams first.
I'm so lucky to have them, they're all great people - and I say that as someone who is extremely selective. Hanging around or playing videogames with them gives me the biggest dumbest smile, we just click together.

Holy, sorry for the blogpost. I just felt like sharing.

Try hitting up your LGS? I know they're usually cesspits but you could cherry pick the people you like that go there and try and to make friends with them, also maybe try and see if anyone at work is interested in role playing or something, worst case scenario you get rejected by people you don't care about in the first place

late father liked browsing /b/, wanted to be like him and went on it too.

I miss habbo anf Boxxy threads.

24 now, been coming here since I was 16. Eight years wasting my life in this shithole but I keep coming back.

I'm sorry about your dad, but surely you can see that exposing a 7 year old to Veeky Forums /b/, even unintentionally, is extremely irresponsible.

Jesus, especially in 2006. There was so much CP floating around back then that I was legitimately worried it'd come back to haunt me on a couple background checks last year despite only ever opening those pics on accident.

I thought I was the oldest guy on Veeky Forums I was wrong

33 here, been on Veeky Forums since February of 2004, way too fucking long.

However, the anonymity and freedom from identity that Veeky Forums provides has ruined other websites for me. Here, posts stand on the merit of their content rather than the identity of who posted them. Here, nobody gives a shit about registration date or post count, there are no avatars or signatures, and cults of personality are few, far-between, and short-lived.

Veeky Forums is not the best forum, it's just the least bad.

This guy is absolutely right. I casually browse reddit from time to time and /int/, /pol/ and Veeky Forums are far superior to for example r/europe. You get drowned in "jews this jews that" bullshit, but at least saying something controversial doesn't get your post utterly burried do to a lack of le ebin upboats.

Yeah, this. Veeky Forums is where I can go to be wrong, and I don't have to worry about some karma or upvote/downvote system burying my post, or worry about a legion of sycophants reporting me for disagreeing with Mr. Popular.

It's like a safe space for when I want to be a contrarian shithead.

Please shitpost elsewhere

I'm 24

Turned 18 about a month and a half ago, been shitposting since 16. Probably the youngest guy on /hwg/, which likely is the old men central here.

look at this faggot who thinks you can't be married and play /tg

this.

>loaded down by cunt spouses, babies, and student loan debts
Misread this as 'cunt spiders' which would be truly horrific.

To answer O.P. I'm 33.

This, everything else seems so fake and shallow. Veeky Forums is fucking retarted, but it's rea.

>so much truth in that pic

I'm 30 earth years.

I only use Veeky Forums now-and-then, it's way too fast. Smaller imageboards are a much more reasonable pace and tight-knit.

I'm 22 and finally coming out of a long dark stretch now that I've come out as trans.

But that community has actually found me a bunch of good new players!

Nineteen, been here since I was 14.

26. Started lurking in 2013; most exposure to Veeky Forums culture before that was through ED (fuck off, 12-14 year-old me found it funny). I still remember some friends in highschool genuinely believing the HACKERS ON STEROIDS spiel and wondering how people who literally grew up with the internet could be that dense.

Women can be pretty demanding, especially when they have you by the balls in unequal treaty known as marriage. Hobbies, especially social hobbies, take a nosedive when you have a wife.

I'm willing to bet you've never even been in a relationship ever

This is why you marry your best friend.

Don't look for a mate or a romantic partner. Look for someone who likes to get in as much trouble as you, who dislikes the same things you dislike, and who you can be chill and comfortable with, someone you don't have to put up a fake personality around or censor yourself with. Get someone who laughs at your farts, and when you blurt out "What a fucking asshole" will reply with "I know, right?"

27. Decent paying job, not the best but I'm not completely slumming it (~$75k/year). A wonderful wife and two sons. Life's going pretty grand/ Still super fat, but I'm losing weight, trying to keep it up.

20, browsing since 18

22, started lurking on Veeky Forums when I was maybe 20.

18, been browsing since I was 11.

I'm 24 year old you, get on my level. Most people peak in high school, it's just a byproduct of our evolutionary history. Be thankful and help them out if you can.

see

24, been here since 2012-ish

I'll be 26 in july

>I thought I was the oldest guy on Veeky Forums I was wrong
So far I seem to be tied for the oldest in this thread at 46 (unless I missed a post or something), but in previous threads like this -- at least if they went on long enough -- we'd usually get a guy or two in their 50s, and maybe even one in their 60s.

>However, the anonymity and freedom from identity that Veeky Forums provides has ruined other websites for me.
The lack of celebrity and social drama certainly makes a difference, but for me, the main thing is that it isn't so restrictive and doesn't have power-tripping mods complete with flocks of dick-sucking toadies. This place can be a real shitshow at times, but at least you don't have to kowtow to cut-rate internet autocrats. And the only time I really start to question the superiority of our arrangement is when /pol/ is out in force. But I'd like to believe that they're loud and obnoxious enough that it swells their apparent numbers, and that there's a lot less of them than it might seem.

Honestly I can't see myself in a committed relationship. Any cost-benefit analysis I make of the situation always ends in me giving up more than I get.

/pol/ wasn't a thing in 2007. Personally I'd say /pol/ is only so loud and proud here because they express the kind of opinions that have kernels of truth in them that are deemed absolut verboten in daily discourse. That's why a lot of those people vent here, those who aren't publically allowed to worry about the demographic destinies of their country, who question arbitrary declarations of equality and those who oppose Western governments limiting free speech more and more in the name of "safety". This also makes them vulnerable to stormfront influence though, so we get people who blame everything on the jews.

Should the political climate change over the next decade, we'll probably see a lot less /pol/.