All the kits that got announced today are easy to build: mono pose and colored plastic

All the kits that got announced today are easy to build: mono pose and colored plastic.

Is this the way going forward? Are poseable, customizable kits a thing of the past?

1/10, made me reply.

>colored plastic.

WHAT

THEY'RE USING OTHER COLORS?! GREY IS LITERALLY THE ONLY COLOR ALLOWED TO PUT IN PLASTIC!

>colored plastic

Colored plastic doesn't bother me at all...unless that makes it expensive for some reason

I'm not even trolling dude. Go to the community site and see for yourself.

You realize you've been assembling colored plastics all this time or did you think plastic was naturally grey?.

The captain and the librarian were literally announced as having options. They also said non monobuild version of these guy would be coming later.
These are designed for the poorfag starter set.
Again, these stopgap kits are designed for the poorfag version of the starter set, or expansion of the starter set for richfags

>colored plastic meaning a damn thing
>not realizing the last 4 starter sets were literally all monopose, easy snap models
>most characters are monopose and have been since forever

This isn't news

>Is this the way going forward?

Yes.

>Are poseable, customizable kits a thing of the past?

Yes.

GW asked us what we thought yesterday and nobody disagreed. If you don't like this you should have been in the thread yesterday and said something.

I heard they're discontinuing Orks too. My uncle works and Nintendo so he knows.

Considering all these models are from starter sets, and damn near every starter set has been monopose and snapfit for a while already, followed by a release of boxed generic models in multipose, this means very little.

Well, a lot of horde units like Cultists stay monopose, so Poxwalkers are likely to remain that way. Looking at their models, it's hard to imagine they can be built any other way, actually.

Stealth guerilla marines with skin tight light black suit that enhances their speed and strenght.
WE CRYSIS NOW BOIS.

And with that comment, you've boxed yourself into a corner. Either you're being deliberately obtuse and pretending to not know what he's talking about, which makes you a shameless dick head, or you genuinely don't know what he's talking about, which makes you a fucking idiot.

Which is it?

I still have a blue set of genestealers.

I would like them to hurry the fuck up with the modular kits so I can make my black templars, but I do think they're coming, the entire reason the shoulders are the same size on these guys is to allow kitbashing, GW does still love that sort of stuff. And the snapfit captain has options, somehow. Again, GW kind of realised people were getting tired of monopose non customisable HQs for 25 squids, at least give us options.
Also, getting annoyed about coloured plastic? Really? When you could be annoyed about, I don't know, 85% of all GW support being ultramaries, with some other marine chapters getting some units too? As opposed to replacing 2nd ed phoenix lords and warbuggies?

From Space Hulk reprint?

The originals were blue too

Who is Crysis?

I'd honestly play a game where you're a space marine trapped in his own armor by warp/xeno fuckery, it would be a nice change from all the times they're more or less in harmony

>that Immortan Joe face mask

I like them, and they're going to look even better than standard nu-Marines with Alpha Legion shoulder pads and colours.

But ya know, I'm not sure how I feel about the aesthetic changes to 40K. On the one hand the 80's style to everything was part of what I really liked about it. But on the other hand a lot of this new shit looks real nice and takes a lot from the 2nd greatest decade, the 90's!

>thatfilename.mysides
kek

2spooky

I'm gonna buy these and put these on them and no one can stop me.

Because they were repackaged Space Hulk minis.

So Thousand Sons?

I bet they want to sell these are toy stores or bookstores or other places that wont have all the hobby supplies for sale.

If I take off their mask, would they die?

>Fast Attack should pad

But why? They're more like Scouts, a typical troop choice.

Their feet are weird. It looks like they're wearing those booster boots that has heels inside the shoes to make you taller like pic related.
Are they secretly marinelets?

Kind of weird seeing Marines with pouches to be honest.

Its the angle. They have "dynamic" poses which means their rear foot is lifted like they are walking forward.

You are looking at the top of their boots, not the front.

K

I love the pouches and stuff on them but the feet weird me out a bit but then I think i could get used to that. I would love to see more mix of tacticool and baroque-ness on their armor as well. At the very least the smurffs should be going full roman with the tassets around their waists along with a holster for their bolt pistols and pouches for spare ammo.

I love it

We don't even want to.

not bad desu. Modern GW minis have a tendency to be over-detailed but these are simple yet effective at displaying what they are (primaris special ops)

>because the first time anyone ever thought of a skull face mask was for Mad Max...

It looks like they just took a Dark Reaper face and put it on a space marine. Are these things supposed to be chaplains? Looks like a real lazy, crappy bunch of models.

I suggest you go there yourself and read a little better.

They are obviously loyalist Night Lords. They just hid their bat wing ears.

How is it any different? Feel free to make a single argument.

Librarian and Captain weren't easy to build kits.

What you do with your minis is no concern of mine.

You make it sound like them being easy to build is a bad thing. Why wouldn't you want the hobby to be a little easier for new people to get into?

This is tacticool as fuck and I love it!

>a space marine trapped in his own armor by warp/

you can play as a possessed marine in eternal crusade

and it is absolutely awfull

Oh boy user, do I have some good news for you!

>Why wouldn't you want the hobby to be a little easier for new people to get into?
Kids friendly minis -> kids friendly game -> kids friendly setting = Overwatch 40k
People care about uniqeness of their hobby

No they are not. Those are all starter set models. Evey starter set in the history of Warhammer had monopose easy to build models.

They havent released actual primaris marine kits yet

GW knows its fans are retards, don't want things to be complicated.

its clearly a homage to mm though, you stupid cunt jesus all of 40k is a homage to something else and when someone points it out now (probably because its a new release) you're going to act stuffy about it? fuck off

Well, I've been looking for helmets for my Speakers of the Dead...

are you retarded? 8th is heavily influenced by AoS and even though that crowd had concerns about monopose-snapfit they were treated with multipart kits soon afterwards, heck the new captain kit is already a multipart kit but you would know that if you could fucking read at a 3rd grade level
>There’s no Chapter specific iconography on the model, meaning whichever Space Marine Chapter you collect, you’ll be able to paint and personalise your Primaris Captain to match. The kit also has options for different heads and weapons, allowing for even greater customisation

>cqc based infiltrators
>not fast attack
theyre not scouts, they're terror ops

>, heck the new captain kit is already
>still monopose

>>There’s no Chapter specific iconograph
>al details are pseudo-Roman

>The kit also has options for different heads and weapons, allowing for even greater customisation
>kitbashing are great customization now

>skin tight light black suit that enhances their speed and strenght.
What is black carapce.
If you compere any video game with 40k you are retarded. 1/10.

>he needs his kits to be Ikeashit or he loses all creativity

user, I hate to be the one to tell you...

It will be extremely painful

>al details are pseudo-Roman

Have you looked at, say, any generic Marine kit that has come out lately? Let alone any of the legion models?

>kitbashing are great customization now
>wants to go back to the days when unit boxes didn't come with all the options and you needed a pliers and files to even swap weapons

>>wants to go back to the days when unit boxes didn't come with all the options and you needed a pliers and files to even swap weapons
It's way better customisation-wise than simple kitbashing

>I hate to be the one to tell you...
Tell us what? That Vindicar assasins wears generic black latex?

The coloured plastic is of a different quality. Good details but harder to cut.

>1:28 miniatures are soo hard to assemble for me, I need toys for kids!

Why are the grenades so flat.

I do hope you're just mistyping "conversion."

Well, since they use nanosuits I guess they also use nanogrenades

Those are awful. They're basically Spartans.

>tfw when my first thought was "woa cool, space marines that actually look good now"

Git gud.

You're a primaris marine

For the Emperor!

Bluegene stealers.
These jokes write themselves folks!

Because spartains have better design elements that apper to have been well blended with the 40k aesthetic

CoD skull mask.

I like their design too. The skull is needlessly edgy, and the models look bad because of their shit poses, but the armor design is fine. The people wanting to add ab plates and shin armor to them and turn them into BASIC FUCKING INTERCESSORS are retards who probably thought the Centurion and Dreadknight were good looking models.

sneaking your way to page 11 eh?

So where is place for creativity on your pics?

>implying Crysis guy isn't a vindicare rip off
Not that user but come on? Really?

How exactly Crysis is Vindicar rip-off?

Who cares? 40k has always been a mix/ripoff of cool stuff with gothic sci-fi. Get over it.
I hate the fluff if primaris with all my guts, but as longs as the models look good it's really not that much of a problem.

Except there is no gothic sci-fi

>as longs as the models look good it's really not that much of a problem.

Then there is a problem.

That's not what 40K is anymore.

for ultramar

It's the knife and pistol that causes me to lose it.
The entire point of the space marine, for me, is ridiculous weaponry. Seriously, I'm getting the feeling that none of the Primaris have been taught what a fucking sword is, and that the Captain only has one to point at things when he gives commands.

So 40k now is just generic sci-fi.

>Seriously, I'm getting the feeling that none of the Primaris have been taught what a fucking sword is, and that the Captain only has one to point at things when he gives commands.

You mean the commanding blade? What else are you going to do with it?

To be fair, Those knives look to be the size of a normal person sword

>decades of marines with pistols, short swords, knives
>whole units dedicated to the use of pistol and CCW
>scouts have pistols and (big) knives

But now it's a problem...

>Don't deny me this.
>"How close?" "That close!"
>Carter out.
>I'm ready! How 'bout you?
>Objective: Survive.

Don't do this to my heart user.

In the cutting, gluing and sculpting you fucking baby.
MUH MULTIPART PLASTIC KITS are fucking shit tier for customization, because everything looks the fucking same anyway. You only have a very narrow range of viable poses in the first place or it it's going to look like dogshit. Kitbashes are just that, mixing together the same few premade plastic bits. Grow some fucking balls and work with greenstuff, even shitty kids playing LotR fifteen years ago were able to follow tutorials to give their dudes unique weapons and poses.

Yeah, it's a real bummer when I can give my guardsmen plasma and meltaguns without having to cut their moulded on lasguns to pieces and slap some mangled weapon I salvaged from another model on there. Or swap or repose the head without drilling out the old one and finding a suitable alternative.

Real shame when I can't have a unit of monopose models with some greenstuff and hackjobs.

I don't see why you bother trying to argue with someone who genuinely believes that having fewer choices can be good.

But I agree with him. Fuck convenience and actually having all your options. I'd rather have my units equipped with what's in the box, regardless of how useful it is, and would rather destroy 3 models to make one slightly different model, than just glue some pieces together. This plastic multi-part existence is horrible and it must stop!

Disgusting.