If all the Chapter Masters decided to host up a big tournament to see who of them was the mightiest, who would win?

If all the Chapter Masters decided to host up a big tournament to see who of them was the mightiest, who would win?

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Asterion_Moloc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The ultramarines

Whichever xeno faction decided to nuke the arena

chapter master smash fucker

Does Guilliman count?

If not, probably Grimnar.

I'd gof Dante 'cause he's Astartes Goldenboy, quite literally.

Storyteling aside, it should be Tyberos, he's the killiest fucker of an astartes killing chapter.

Kaldor Draigo

They would be the jury

>there are people who think this makes the guy in Terminator armor look cool
>when in reality the only cool guy in the pic is the mantis Marine with an arm torn off but still standing his ground because he believes he's doing the right thing in the Emperors name, even as he knows he will die

Heh, no.
So I would ask if Veeky Forums is writing the story or GW. If GW, I guess who ever is about to be sold next, so a new Prime marine. if it was Veeky Forums I guess, that Minator dude. The shield and spear guy.

Tyberos is a badass motherfucker, hail the Red Wake!!

But that mantis warrior is definitely a ballsy marine, he is definitely valhalla bound

They can both be cool.

No contest.

This. Smash Fucker can kill Primarchs.

How has no one said Moloc yet?

I think he's trash, but he'd at least place in the top three.

It's like an image of a random rebel about to get BTFO by Darth Vader or the pic of Ollanius vs Horus. And yet people still find Vader and Horus cool, go figure.

Hardly. Nigga can't even stay alive for a hundred years at a time. Most chapter masters survive to at least three or four hundred before getting promoted to their stationz

Aren't they both loyalist chapters?
Dafuq

Mantis Warriors ended up on the wrong side of the Badab War and no one is going to tell the Space Sharks to chill out.

Badab war

Alpharius

I would imagine the sneaky Chapter Masters would survive a while because they just wouldn't fair fights against overpowered guys who would smash their shit in. So the Raptors Chapter master and Kayvaan Shrike would survive longer than average.

The artist has good static poses, but the guy on the right just ruins it for me. It looks like he's going "YEAH, KICK HIS ASS TED, I BELIEVE IN YOU." rather than running into close combat, defending his battle brother with chainsword and righteousness.

Thanks. 1d4chan set me straight
Feel for the Mantis Warrior though. Fulfilling an honor debt and it turns out your mates have gone bad. Next then you know you're getting buttfucked by a man with two sets of claws who's supposed to be on your side

can my boy gabe get a mention? i know he get his ass handed to him by the likes of logan or dante but hed still kick up a storm

Gabriel Angelos?

Gabriel Angelos

Well yes and no, maybe once:

Fire Hawks (Entire Chapter)
Marines Errant (6 Companies)
Red Scorpions (8 Companies)
Raptors (4 Companies)
Salamanders
Fire Angels (Entire Chapter)
Novamarines (2 Companies)
Howling Griffons (~250)
Sons of Medusa (6th Companies)
Exorcists (5 Companies)
Minotaurs (Entire Chapter)
Star Phantoms (Entire Chapter)
Carcharodons
Battlefleet Karthargo
Battlefleet Solar Reserves
Inquisitiorial Stormtroopers
Ordo Hereticus

Are fighting against you, you might at one point consider "ok, we made an oath, but maybe, just maybe, we are wrong and we're the bad guys?"

It took them 6 years to realize that... they Kind of had it coming.

I respect them and all due to them being salamander level cool dudes, but they're idiots...

Well there was also the matter of they didn't have the full story from the Astral Claws and thought the High Lords were trying to curtail the independence of the Maelstrom chapters.
But yeah once the goddamn Salamanders are against you, you really should know something's up.

probably one of them that's in a dreadnaught

Papa Smurf, because he comes up with the brilliant idea of using Cat Sicarius as a blunt object to pummel his combatants with, which is clearly within the interpretation of the tournament rules.

You are now imagining him launching Sicarius at an enemy as he makes his WUBWUBWUBWUB noise.

he's obviously fucking attacking him.

Chapter Master Gabriel Angelos. No contest. A frontflip and a twirl of the Godsplitter would outright kill anyone.

I just hate his pose. The picture would be much better without him.

He seems to have mistaken the combat scenario for a dance off.

It wouldn't be so bad if his sword was at least facing the right way.

If they somehow manage to get him out of the warp,Kaldor Draigo.He pulled Primarch tier bullshit since he got promoted.

>thinking his dawn of war abilities is canon

>tfw there are people in this thread who actually think Tyberos is cool

Multiple exclamation marks are the sure sign of a diseased mind.

Guy on the right
>You got this shit bro, he looks like a pushover

He used to be fucking cool, like in 2011-2012, before all the bandwagoning.

>he doesn't know about the kebap war

Top dogs:

Dante
Tyberos the Red Wake
Lufgt Huron
Gabriel Angelos
Gabriel Seth
Asterion Moloc
Azrael
Kayvaan Shrike

>Lufgt Huron

You forgot Papa Yiff, he's definitely up there, especially with his sleigh

The Ultramarines, because they have their literal fucking Primarch

>yeah once the goddamn Salamanders are against you, you really should know something's up

Sort of like being on the opposite side of any debate from Captain America*, once the Salamanders are against you, you should probably give up and go home. It's a pretty good Windsock for authorial intent.
*pre nazi

surely everyone has to be on foot

He's only a Captain, but I'd put Silas Alberec up there. Big man, big stick.

Azrael should be higher. Azrael fought Kharn and survived, and he beat down Typhus in a duel and nearly killed him were it not for Typhus bugging out.

Well, if we're talking chapter masters get all the equipment they take on the TT, he'd get the sleigh. But do they still get their Orbital Bombardment ability?

Probably one of the bloody spess wulfs BECAUSE WOLVES ARE SO COOL and their Primarch can out-drink the Emperor and the swim in frozen water to fight sharks and thats why they're so strong

Depending on the arena Shrike's Jump Pack could be decisive. Just grab someone, jump as high as possible and drop.

Chardacarcharcararons are one of those chapters like the black templars, where even when they're doing good guy things, like purging orks or heretics, they're fucking terrifying and nobody wants to be near them when they're doing their thing. Angels of Death.

Round one matchups:

Carab Culln vs Sarpedon
Helbrecht vs Pedro Kantor
Dante vs Azrael
Gabriel Angelos vs Gabriel Seth

Kaldor Draigo vs Asterion Moloc
Vorn Hagen vs Carneus Malgar
Lias Isoddon vs Kayvaan Shrike
Logan Grimnar vs Jubal Khan

Who ya got?

>their Primarch can out-drink the Emperor
Actually he lost all those contests. Russ I mean. The Emperor matched him in everything until he got impatient with Russ's shit and decked him, after Russ woke up he swore allegiance.

Russ has a history of being a shit and then sorting out when he gets punched

Culln is a Dreadnought.
Hellbrecht has been described as more of a commander than a fighter, Kantor might have a slight edge.
Tougher match up of all, probably Dante.
Seth, the only person able to kick in the balls creaures without balls.

I think Draigo should be left out of this.
Papa Smurf is guaranteed to make it to the second turn
Liass and Shrike have an hide- off instead of a fight. 3 days later, no one knows who won, or even where they are.
Jubal might be too fast, but Grimnar is too tough for him to crack. Unless hey decide to settle it with a ride, then Jubal wins.

Good point with Draigo, also Tyberos needs to be included. So Tyberos vs Moloc should be the replacement fight and it would be a fucking bloodbath. My money is on the big, angry, violent guy.

...which one?

Gabe is a gatekeeper. He'll keep out the riffraff chapter masters but always lose to the important ones

The mysterious one who loves overkill.

Such is the price for going against the Void Father's will.

Important question: Are the White Consul Chapter Masters able to fight together as a team, or separately? Cause if it's the former, that might give them a big advantage.

Should we perchance make a mathhammer thing like it was done for primarchs? I might do it later if it were agreed upon which cms are participating.

Between Tyberos and Moloc, one is so old and veteran that he's half a skelly and the other has died seven times in five hundred years.

I know who my money is on.

How many chapter masters have stats at all?

>when in reality the only cool guy in the pic is the mantis Marine with an arm torn off but still standing his ground because he believes he's doing the right thing in the Emperors name, even as he knows he will die

Every average space marine would do that, it's not a big deal really

According to this logicWe have;

Marneus Calgar
Pedro Kantor
High Marshal Heilbrecht
Kyvaan Shrike
Commander Dante
Gabriel Seth
Azreal
Logan Grimnar
Carab Culln
Lugft Huron
Asterion Moloc
Tyberos the Red Wake
Lias Issodon
Malakim Phoros

Anyone not named here isn't a "Chapter Master" the fights should be one on one duels on foot assuming both contestants shoot once without their orbital bombardment and charged simultaneously.

Sure, I'll do it later and post results in a new thread, as I doubt this one will be alive by than.

First round and oh, it´s sweet Irony.exe:

---Dante vs. Gabriel Seth---

Who will make it?

It may be. Discussion isn't especially active but it gets a bump on occasion.

>Angelos instead of Calgar.
>Moloc who got beaten by necrons and died multiple times

>is from a Forgeworld chapter
>inherently at a disadvantage, as he doesn't receive Black Library© DBZ-like superpowers to pummel the most powerful servants of the Chaos God of war or literal War Gods like Khaine
>still holds his own against a 60 million year old Overlord, the pinnacle of Necron technology, who should rightfully mop the floor with every other chaptermaster
>lmao, moloc a shit
Let me guess, you play Lamenters?

Also, Black Library and their anime writers were a mistake.

Forge World literally says that's he's "died" an outrageous number of times in his lifetime. So they're not even trying to say anything good about his skills.

Moloc wins them all.
1d4chan.org/wiki/Asterion_Moloc

But against whom did he die? Random Ork boy #1345678875435775324678643 or an Overlord who led an unstoppable invasion through a sector? And really, all the (near)deaths are more like a tool to build up some mystery around him. Is he still the same guy and just that hard to kill? Were it all different guys who took up his name to build up his legacy of not dieing? Is he actually a custodes, who shrugs wounds like those he suffered off, but "dies" from time to time so no suspicion arises over the chapter master who goes toe to toe with everything the enemy can throw at him?

I took it as reinforcing the whole "actually not great but has the best toys and most money because of highlord connections" narrative that they seemed to have going on.

Who?
user everything from 7th is dead. It's memes, it's stupid formations, it's retarded characters. All dead.
Stop wallowing in a past best forgotten.

Smashfucker was best in 6th actually.

We can rebuild him. Stronger, faster. Just wait for the Iron hands to get special rules and we'll have a Chapter Master on bike with stormshield, thunderhammer and three different rules allowing him to ignore wounds on a 5+.

/thread

Carcharodons: loyalist Night Lords or not?

Yes?
No?
Half and half?
Ask the Ravenguard.

Do it under the new rules tho. Any chapter master who doesn't have a fist or a hammer will auto lose from his lack of ap 2

There were twenty(16) Primarchs to math out I think he can do the same amount of MCs.

All Chapter Masters have at least a 4++ so any weapon that has more than -2 AP is overkill. We could argue to rid the contestants who wound on worse than a 2+, but that would disqualify some of the more interesting ones like Moloc.

The amplivisor on that helmet makes him look confused

By the same logic, would the Clan Council would have to represent the iron hands?

It's been said pretty often that Kardan Stronos is the closest the Iron Hands get to a Chapter Master.

We could presumably run a generic chapter master with adapted chapter tactics for the First Founding chapters, no?

He's the defacto head of the council elected to deal with... Whatever it was... But they elect whoever has the most relevant experience

We don't know the details of how Geedubs will handle generic Chapter Masters, their equipment, or how powerful the old chapter tactics are compared to all these weaker named abilities Chapter Masters tote around.

We could try to adapt them, but it would either do too well and get ignored for being overpowered, or it will not bother to rank and be deemed balanced.

yes and every average space marine is really fucking cool

user. Part of a meme is if it makes a person delighted. Is it fun? Can it keep being fun?

With 8th ed. We will rebuild him, where ever he may fall in the books. "Smash" exists because we need to find the rules and break them by following them to the letter.

1st place:Logan "motherfucking" Grimnar.
2nd place: Dante
3rd place: Marneus "Papa Smurf" Calgar

Samefag
Knew about it; just didn't know all the chapters involved
Just thought Lufgt Huron Boston tea party'd an Imperium tithe fleet, got a stern reaming and then presto Space Pirates

Everyone who didn't say The Red Wake or Moloc (even though I fucking hate the Minotaurs) might need to get checked for clinical mental retardation.

I like moloc, but his weapon got worse with the new wound table. I think Lysander actually has the best odds here.

Slaanesh