MtG Hour of Devastation 26/06 Spoilers

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NSxeQr8nDE0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Ammit Eternal
>Creature - Zombie Crocodile Demon

>Afflict 3
>Whenever an opponent cast a spell, put a -1/-1 counter on ~.
>Whenever ~ deal combat damage to a player, remove all -1/-1 counters from it.

Now that's a funny card. Seems a bit janky to abuse, but I'd try anyways.

>...or loyalty abilities
They had one job.

I still like it

I see this usable as a pauper edh commander. Shame it has no deathtouch or lifelink by itself

>or loyalty abilities
why do you have to make me so fucking mad wizard? why are you trying so hard to protect pw?
jeeeeez...

>pauper edh commander
>not a common
>not a legendary creature

what?

In pauper commander you are using uncommon as your general. It's not hard to use google, you know?

Is 7 too much to pay for a 4/4 that draws you 4 and discards 2? Seems like at that point you're either already winning or the board will be stalled out if this is your best play.

>sun is not in middle

On one hand, yes.

On the other hand, Eternalizing a creature should cost more than casting a 4/4 with that creature's abilities from the hand. It possibly be 4UU without upsetting too many people but 3UU is the point where it would start becoming absurd.

If you're stalled out in a topdeck war draw 4 discard 2 is pretty decent, as it's +2 cards but you get filtering so you get to get rid of the useless lands so more likely to get to your wincons if you're digging for them.

>MUH PLANESWALKERS
holy shit just bomb the wotc hq already
cool card otherwise though

Oh? Now this is something

I really like the flavor and art of this one

Good points. Not sure I'll play it, but I see the balance reason for the cost. You're probably still not going to drop it turn three for its card draw+discard anyways.

Eternalize effectively doesn't cost you a card like it would for a normal creature, so I'd say 7 is fair. Bad, but fair.

WUG prison, here I come

Hey look, an aftermath spell that's an instant
>blue
ah, no wonder.

Are there any important non-permanent-sourced activated abilities that this fucks over? You can't eternalize for instance, not that it would be important with the humility effect.

Cycling

Been needing a Phyrexian Negator I guess, he's pretty good

I heard you guys liked Humility and linvala, so we added their effects and cmc together for our new mythic rare ( tm)

Eternalize tokens are going to look so bad ass. I'll probably buy a playset.

You don't play this for the eternalize, you do for the initial effect to filter your hand and stall the opponent with a blocker. Then lategame it comes back and gives a pretty massive upswing in card advantage.

Its strictly a control card, but it seems good at what it does.

>takes a cool effect and makes it horribly overcosted
>isn't even symmetrical
>doesn't affect planeswalkers
Yup, checks out for nu-WOTC

it's so expensive BECAUSE it isn't symmetrical you silly billy

God forbid we allow people to build their decks in such a way that an effect like that wouldn't be a hindrance. That would require too much brain power from the people Wizards is catering to

Now YOU can bolt for four mana!

Oh my

I know, but because of that it's unplayable. They really should've just functionally reprinted humility. They can either make powerful effects overcosted and unplayable, undercosted and broken, or symmetrical and both playable and fair. Symmetrical effects create interesting gameplay and deckbuilding decisions while being easier to balance, but for some reason wizards is afraid to use them. I think that Leovold is a good example of a card that would 100% have had a symmetrical effect had it not been designed in 2016.

P. Cool

>limited garbage

It's pretty interesting that there are 2 of these effects in standard right now.

Is it buildable?

Maybe with some great ETB creatures... Could U/W Flash run this combo?

It's called "EDH garbage", user.

MaRo said this was going to be revealed tomorrow, but this seems like this is the real card.

As for its synergies with gate to the afterlife, I can kinda see an aristocrats build that sacs everything to yahenni and then bringing back the sacrifice fodder (or even yahenni itself) in order to crash in late game.

The problem with that idea is if you just sacced 6 creatures then why aren't you winning or about to win with zulaport cutthroat?

it's not good even in edh

I don't think even edh wants to exile creatures for a mere 4/4, pretty sure there's much better.

Might work pretty well in a GW tokens deck when you have Annoited Procession and Parallel Lives out. Get a 4 for one.

I wouldn't be so sure.

With Gate to the Afterlife its a bargain to cheat in and it also means you can run a single Gift and 2-3 Gates. The Gates are also decent on their own and synegize well with Gift and eachother.

Mayve its a bit janky, but its cool jank.

Maybe

this seems fun

I totally forgot about anointed procession. How about running

>4 anointed procession
>2 panharmonicon
>4 cloudblazer (and a bunch of other good ETB effects in standard)
>4 gate to the afterlife
>2 God-pharaoh's gift (even 1 would be good but there is actual graveyard hate when hours comes out so watch out for that)

And then just playing out your ETB creatures or discarding them somehow and win due to value?

You clearly don't know the first thing about EDH if you think this card is anything short of excellent.

Its all about the ETB triggers and field advantage. This card gets you free bodies every turn without costing you a single card. That alone is great, now factor in the op ETBs.

Im gonna try to use it in my new esper zombie deck, see you at july

>reprinting humility

Oh god pls not the judge.

this is a 7 mana artifact (or a 5 mana artifact if you jump through a bunch of hoops) that does nothing on ETB. then it will pseudo-reanimate 1 thing from your own graveyard, and then it will most likely eat a vandalblast and blow up.

there are plenty of cards in edh that do what this card does, but better

Leovold would have also been Hot Garbage if he was symetrical.

So far this is the only card I've been really interested in.

>there are plenty of cards in edh that do what this card does, but better

Are there any that are colorless? That have a tutor that can bring it from the graveyard or from your hand?

I kinda get your salt about this card, but after thinking about it all I want to do is get a 4/4 flyer into play that also lets me draw two cards

Oy vey can't print anything to hurt the chase-mythics. People might buy less packs.

Shut the fuck up you stupid pavement ape. The closest thing to this is Debtors Knell, which while stronger is MUCH harder to use.

paying 7 mana for +2/+2 on a mulldrifter is pretty bad

three you muppet

But if it's in the graveyard then you probably already used it.

How about getting back an eternal witness? Or a solemn simulacrum? Or a fertilid?

ok? That hardly justifies the fact that it's a slow artifact that is worse than so many colored cards(most of which were already bad)

I would rather use seance, as that would at least grab a creature every turn before it ate some removal.

And if you're not playing white, and thus have no access to Seance or Debtors' Knell?

I'd be playing leovold/tefiri's puzzlebox, then.

yeah but seance and debtor's knell are still bad, and this card is even worse

Those are completely unrelated cards you turd burglar.

That's because they're cards that win games instead of durdling around, you poop pope.

but you could instead play fun cards like tormenting voice you crap caper criminal

Stop ad hoc arguing, it's a bad look.
>7 mana artifact
For 5, I can get Conjurer's Closet and abuse ETB if I was that desperate. 7 mana is a significant amount, and should either win you the game on the spot or put you in such a position that you'll be winning the next turn. That's how scaling in MTG works, your bread and butter spells are usually 1-2 cmc, your basic answers are 2-3, your utility answers (hitting more than object or one kind of object) are 3
>but you can just re-animate X
With the exception of Mulldrifter, you can just abuse those in Meren. Meren has free sacrifice effects, so you can chain sac your way to valuetown. Or if you're that desperate for muh value in sultai, run OG Sidisi
Even the timmy bait of The Scarab God is better than this shit. At least Scarab God requires an exile or tuck to answer it.

>He cares more about winning than having fun in EDH
Fucking bowel movement bandits I swear.

>Even the timmy bait of The Scarab God
What did he mean by this?

Then you're fucking doing it wrong. Pauper means common, no matter what format you're using it in.

god ammit

If you're still talking about edh the friendly handshake-elf is banned. :^)

>Hating based scarab jesus

The rules for Pauper Commander explicitly state that you can use a Non-Legendary Common or Uncommon as your general.

Or you play anything that can return stuff from your graveyard without exiling it.

Almost every color can return stuff to the battlefield pretty easily.

Seance isn't seen in EDH, why would this be?

>being this wrong
The funny part is that you can just google the pauper commander rules but you prefer to bitch out on mongolian cartoons image forum

But that's every turn, and you don't need to sac the token like with Feldon/Kiki and it has haste if you want to ping some damage or get rid of pesky stuff if opponents need to block.
Come on, this card is only garbage if you're one of those autists that only play turn 4 combo on EDH.

So why not "Eternalize target creature in your graveyard"?

this it will be a bulk rare no doubt

It's a better payoff than Vial of Dragonfire was, at least.

>does nothing on ETB

This is honestly getting up there with "dies to lightning bolt" in terms of just sperged out phrases Veeky Forums uses to explain away the fact it can't build worth shit

>TFW just bought a masterpiece Scarab for 54 cheeseburgers
It'll probably drop but fuck am I impatient.

Eternalize isn't evergreen. it's not gonna be in the majority of sets. So ya write it out. Same with the way they had to write out landfall on some newer cards when landfall wasn't around.

I still have to talk myself out of buying an Invention Combustible Gearhulk every time I start to brew a deck with it.

May you find peace while being knee-deep in the dead.

Just do it bro. I love my Invention Sword of Light and Shadow.

I'm screencapping this post. Would smirk again/10.

Honestly, the best thing that could happen for the expansion is the planeswalkers dying. But i think now the damage is done.

the combination of exiling the creature from the yard and the fact that making it a 4/4 isn't inherently a good thing makes me really skeptical about playing this card even in a casual deck

at least it gives you something on the turn it enters the battlefield.

also if you menage to get additional combats it's gonna be great.

I don't know man that seems really flimsy

youtube.com/watch?v=NSxeQr8nDE0

>forgetting that BFZ is still standard legal

I love this card so much. Its super casual but pyromancers goggles will make this card gold

>Bolas set
>Wits card

Patheitc lore.

>vandalblast
>sorcery
>"at the beginning of combat"

At least read the card you fucking monkey

I remember arguing with tg posters who were convinced this was a great card and would see not just standard but modern play. I feel vindicated about it being junk.

reanimate on every turn for free effects are typically kinda shit either way, but here are some better ones:

Dawn of the Dead
Sheoldred, Whispering One
Meren of the Clan Nel Toth (requires a bit of setup)
Reya, Dawnbringer (hideously overcosted but at least it can be reanimated itself for cheap)

then there's also Hell's Caretaker if you have something to sac (you should)

but i would still be hesitant to run those cards because, off the top of my head, stuff like Victimize, Dread Return, Animate Dead, Stitch Together, Unburial Rites, Ever After, Reanimate, Necromancy, Living Death, Cauldron Dance, Corpse Dance, Rescue from the Underworld etc. are all better bang for your buck and don't need to stick on the board for a few turns to make their value back

it's not a meme. EDH is a format where 3 people will be ready to spot remove your shit, but only really at sorcery speed because it's you kinda need to tap out on your turn. so essentially nothing that can't mostly make its value back on the turn it comes out is going to be weaker than stuff that needs to stick and grind value, unless that something is something low cmc and low threat like a Phyrexian Arena, and not worth blowing a removal on.

read my post you fucking mongoloid, i said it would reanimate 1 thing and then blow up. 7 mana 1-for-1 reanimate isn't good, and that's what the card is going to be 9 times out of 10

Because they had keywords overdose in Future Sight and now they're scared of them.

>your opponent's board is fucked!
>EXCEPT PLANESWALKERS :^))))))

A dozen years later and Wizards are still desperate to get Jace & Co. to achieve cash cow status. You'd think getting booed at their own venue would finally get the message through.

Because it creates a token that isn't exactly an Eternal token. It removes the creature's original subtypes and it lets them keep their mana cost